Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What was your 1st mod?

Comments

• Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    I only play TS4 for comedic purposes, and any mods I install must add to that. My first one was WW, and it definitely creates some funny scenarios lol The other ones I've installed since I can't mention here, but they also create funny events
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    MCCC. Lol MCCC is great so what can i say
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    The first mod I tried was MCCC to try to adjust some autonomy settings. The autonomy in this game is atrocious. But it turned out to be a pain to find all the tweaks I wanted, and I got rid of the mod and found smaller ones that target what I want without me having to fiddle with anything. Thank you @83bienchen for all your autonomy mods!! You are a treasure!
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited October 2021
    I believe the first mod I used was the vaccinated guinea pig for TS1.

Thank you, @babajayne
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited October 2021
    The one I made myself which allows me to add 9,999,999 with one cheat command. I just looked at the code for motherload, and the other ones and expanded upon them.
  • QuaayQuaay Posts: 556 Member
    Very interesting answers so far! I'm surprised so many start with MCCC, I haven't tried it because it does SO much I feel like I'd be overwhelmed. I am intimidated by it so definitely still working my way up to it. Once the Sims 4 stops getting updated I plan to go all in and mod the crap out of it.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Sims 1: Probably a mod to fill their motives??
    sims2: Not sure??
    Sims 3: NRASS
    Sims 4: Mc Command Center
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Mine was the darker progress circle. It was very hard to see in certain lighting. They fixed the issue though so, it's no longer needed.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    In Sims 3, NRass' wonderful Story Progression and Travel mods were a game saver for me.

In Sims 4 it is MCC all the way. I have since introduced other mods to fix all the really annoying things EA won't including LittleMsSam's mods and 83bienchen's mods. They do a really great job of making my game to my liking. <3
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    A tuning mod to make mixing bar drinks less compulsive, because my sims were doing nothing but when otherwise idle.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited October 2021
    Poseplayer some years ago. Got tired of seeing sims posed in all these cool ways that mine couldn't. Finally broke down and investigated!! Still my favorite #1 most used mod!! Love all of the added poses and animations. I was able to put together a highschool football cheerleading team using cheer animations and outfits. Love it 😄
    t.o.o.l mod has taken poseplayer to the next level 😁
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    MCCC. I couldn't stand that the townies weren't getting married or having families of their own without my involvement (I primarily play only one household, and never the townies), and didn't want some of the iconic names to die out, so I finally caved and got MCCC.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    MCCC.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,777 Member
    edited October 2021
    in TS4 , MCCC

My first was a hacked expresso machine in TS1
    Post edited by Ellupelluellu on
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,254 Member
    edited October 2021
    I think my first mod was MCCC because I missed having story progression and wanted a bit more control over the population.
    I had never tried mods before (I didn't really trust them), so I played vanilla all through TS1-TS3 and up until 2019 with TS4. Now my mods folder is packed!
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I started off with a lot of CC for TS3 so I began with just CC when I got TS4. For a while, MCCC was the main mod I had, but now I have too many to keep track of :D
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    MCCC and UI Cheats. I downloaded them on the same day so I don’t remember which was first. Started using cc after that, then I went through a period of probably a year or more where I was almost vanilla and just had those mods and a default skin. I’ve only just recently gotten back into using cc again.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Forgot Sims 1 - that hacked object everyone had - book maybe? I don't remember lol - that did so much, including fill motives lol.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Sims 1, but I'm not telling you which one. More of a joke really!

The only other one was NRaas one for Sims 3 and I only used it to stop cars piling up everywhere.
    None since.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Ah. I thought this discussion was Sims 4 related but now I notice other posters include previous entries too. I see I see.
    Bit of a Sims noob here meaning I only began playing Sims 3 right before Sims 4 was released.

When it comes to mods my answer remains the same though. 😂
  • haloujahalouja Posts: 175 Member
    With Sims 1 - no mods.
    With Sims 2 - for some reason, after getting a better graphics card installed on my computer, all my Sims’ businesses started failing because the game suddenly stopped allowing more than 8 Sims to be present on each lot, so it meant there weren’t enough customers to sustain the businesses. It isn’t exactly a mod but I had to edit a game file to force the game to up the limit to 20 Sims - my computer was more than capable.
    With Sims 3 - no mods.
    With Sims 4 - no mods.
    This signature has encountered a problem and will now close; do you want to send an error message?

25Aug2014
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited October 2021
    Well I don't really play with mods anymore
    (just personally too lazy to keep up with it and i kind of want to see the game for what it is without any first)

but I do think my first mod for sims 4 had to do with Sacrificial :sweat_smile: I was very into playing black widows and tragic stories you see and the game feeling like barbie dollhouse at beginning really did not help... :sweat_smile:

I also recall I got "autumn for windenburg" mod when there was no seasons yet

for sims 3 i just had loads of cc (mainly anime hairs and skin replacements and such) i think and no real space for mods :sweat_smile:

and for sims 2 i also had some long fancy dress cc off some finnish site which name i cannot remember and maybe my sister had put some mods I'm not sure cause i kind of remember but kind of don't

sims 1 i had no cc or mods i was too smoll bean to know of
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    My very first mod was for TS2. It was pretty simple, I think all it did was increase the chances of alien abductions.
    My mods folder has since gotten much more intricate :lol:
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    MCCC was my first mod and it was sorely needed. i couldn't stand the safe soft padded room that vanilla TS4 is.
    First thing i adjust are the days for sims to live in lifestages, from 24 to 96 and adjusted how fast the days go by, even before MCCC i was looking for a way to slow down time.

A few of the woowho and teen limits came away with the mod, and i watched sims thrive with this mod, it really brought another 2,000 hours of play to the game now some of the limits were gone and i can actually enjoy the game at a pace i want to play it, not the way the developers want me to rush through it constantly with no end in sight.

I still run MCCC today, i just can't live without it on TS4.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    RedShoe7 wrote: »
    Sims 3 Nraas Master Controller, Overwatch, Error trap to make the game run better.

These for TS3.

But before that I had quite a few for TS2. I don't remember most of them. For some reason the risky woohoo mod stands out in my memory 😄

For TS4 my first was one that removed all the stars and light bulbs over a sim when you have certain lot traits enabled. I've since forgotten what it's called, which is a pity as I'd like to use it again.