Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your favorite building style?

Comments

• catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Other (Please specify)
    The only thing I can manage to build, a square box.
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    I like doing a mix. I've done some that were ultra modern like Llama Core, and then I've done some that were just low budget homes. It honestly just depends on what world I am in and what I want to do. I never had a build in mind when I start, and then I winged it.
  • skybird14skybird14 Posts: 90 Member
    Other (Please specify)
    I usually prefer British style homes so depending on the neighbourhood, that might be either a more modern family home or something more traditional. I've downloaded a few from the gallery that fit what I'm looking for but I've also built a few myself based on actual property listings.
  • JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    Time Period/Historic
    Love older homes with antique charm. Find myself always building & renovating Mediterranean, Spanish Colonial, American Colonial, Federal, Georgian and older Farmhouses.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    Other (Please specify)
    The only thing I can manage to build, a square box.

Hahahaha! Nice! :D:D:D
    Cheers!

Seriously, "All of the above" and more. It depends on the theme or 'mood' I'm in. :)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,716 Member
    Other (Please specify)
    Other (Please specify)

I enjoy Industrial and Steampunk as these builds are always different and interesting with lots of shapes and items from many packs. I never get bored doing them :)
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    Other (Please specify)
    I prefer refurbishing/remodeling, but if I'm building from scratch (at least recently), it's generally tiny, mobile homes in the vein of refurbished vehicles and RV's.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Other (Please specify)
    DEFINITELY mid-century.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Time Period/Historic
    I'm a big history nerd so i love building old-fashioned houses.
  • caconionscaconions Posts: 23 Member
    Modern
    Modern! I can't build that well but I find myself downloading loads of modern builds from the gallery. Fav builder is ArchiSim!
    Caco (pronounced as 'cha-cho') | she/her | a cat lady that loves onions
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Other (Please specify)
    Art deco
  • RochertRochert Posts: 168 Member
    Modern
    Modern style. So, I’m trying hard to find the modern style house to fit for the Cottage Livibg :'(
    Learn as if you were to live forever. Live as if you were to die today.
    My Gallery
  • npc5579npc5579 Posts: 20 Member
    Victorian
    It's hard to pick one. Every style is amazing.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Victorian
    Victorian, cabin/rustic and historic, in this order.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Time Period/Historic
    Ok in order of favorite Timelines of my game save plays:
    1. Georgian-Ragtime
    2. Ancient-Dark Ages
    3. Futuristic & Beyond
    4. Medieval-Tudor
    5. 1920s-1980s
    6. Biblical-Mythology

Yeah I know, I'm all over the map. I love playing varieties. :p
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Other (Please specify)
    I have been all over the place, actually. I don't like ultra modern however. To me those houses are cold and sterile. I have built casles and Keeps, log cabins, 18th century Virginia-style homes.
    All I had was an image from the Internet for this one. 18th century VA design.
    SomGgmL.jpg
    Another 18th century style from Virginia Colony. Again, only the outside in an image.
    nybGWMv.jpg
    This was taken, floorplan and all, from a Design magazine. I made the exterior rustic.
    tYAJhUs.jpg
    I recreated the very first house my hubby and I purchased, built in 1913.
    akTj0zR.jpg
    This is the house my Rock Star, Global Superstar and Actor, currently lives in in HoB. It's a replica of a house my Grand Uncle and Aunt owned. Built by a former Civil War officer for his wife. I changed the white lapboard siding to fit in with the design of HoB.
    yLv9QIg.jpg
    Can't find a picture of my castle or the Keep at the moment. But as you can see, I prefer old over new. Cottage, Cabin, Bungalow.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    Ranch-Style
    I love reading everyone's favorite styles and build preferences. Everyone here is so amazingly creative, it's really awesome guys. Thanks for sharing, everyone! I'm excited to see more favorites and styles from everyone! :lol:
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    Other (Please specify)
    I'm quite bad at building, so I'll start off with a premade and completely renovate it. Sometimes this will include adding or knocking down walls to create new rooms
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Time Period/Historic
    I know I've already answered this but i don't really care.

I like to build houses typically from the 1850s-1940s architecturally, maybe with old furniture save for a modern tv or smth. I have a few victorian houses, a 1924 london townhouse (I was hyped for Paranormal and I liked Britechester's townhouse style.) for my Decades Challenge I built a tri-story Gilded Age style manor. (Gilded Age was 1870?-90?). I aso have a few 1930s Art Deco buildings.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Other (Please specify)
    I love mid-century modern homes. I love that 60’s 70’s look modernized.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Other (Please specify)
    cottage, sweet cottages with overgrown gardens filled with herbs and flowers
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Victorian
    For me nothing beats a good Vicky, especially Queen Anne or 2nd Empire. Now, if this game would provide a decent way to do Mansard roofs...
  • StellarSpaceCadetStellarSpaceCadet Posts: 18 Member
    I'm a fan of futuristic, small, and rustic/witchy. Overall, though...Creative builds. Seeing someone breaking from common house ideas and making something you'd be hard pressed to find IRL.
    I remember a lot, from Sims 3, that someone made. It looked like a collection of board games and a giant Rubiks Cube!
  • figgyfiggy Posts: 179 Member
    Modern
    I chose modern, for Mid-Century Modern style. Not contemporary. Not sure which one was meant in the poll.

Almost all my builds are Mid-Century Modern style. I do try to branch out sometimes and force myself to build in other style, but it never looks to my liking.

I LOVE the furniture that came with Get Famous. Have a lot of MCM CC, too.
    simming since 2000┃origin: daFigg ┃radiohead-head, potterhead, doodie-head
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Other (Please specify)
    Lustron style houses are my favourite!

lFzMzYm.jpg
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.