Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,906 Member

Mx8

August, day 30..

qT6C7c7.png
    The one long sunday , part 2.

mmg8JyN.png
    In front of their old house.. waiting for a ride.
    zhYfoFA.png
    And there it was.. nicely landed as before..
    Melody: "No jokes about cows, this time, okay?"
    Malcolm: "It is not a cow.. it is.. OUCCCHH!! You bunched me!"
    Melody :"Come on, it was not even hard!"

b43FOCc.png
    qT6C7c7.png
    Of they go.. and naturally Viktor does not even care.. what is he doing here anyway..

tHwAMkU.png
    "Bumpy ride! My body is hurting.."
    chvQVlS.png
    eURjQ1T.png
    Melody had a solution... :p

DZ5Z3H5.png
    KLDYz9Q.png
    To Cantina, and several drinks after..

2srdeQx.png
    fjpwcxE.png
    wkQSAWz.png
    Haha , both cheated!

0AbHZGe.png
    0NlthlQ.png
    Yes!!! RICH!!

x7lzw7X.png
    After 5 rounds (aspiration) it was sure time for victory dance!

vmXhmDF.png
    Oh.. wow, suns were up already!

o0eaHzx.png
    Time to eat..
    o8oFXql.png
    Malcolm: "I hope the steak tastes better than those popcorns.."
    Eo8X3Ct.png
    It sure did!

6eyfyrM.png
    One more place to go, before going home!
    AHK7MjC.png

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    @permanentrose , hehe, cute that Robin was so amused by the washing machine :p

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    October - Day 1: "#10 Fountainview Industrial Loft Penthouse Build Tour"

7MkXFNR.png

Notes
    cgzTwLb.png
    Essa and Josh have moved into the Penthouse now, but I haven't played them much yet. I still need to give them a makeover too, which you'll see tomorrow. It took me a long, long time to build this! But I think it was worth it, I'm proud of it anyway for my first Industrial Loft build.

Anyway, after coming up the elevator, when you enter the Penthouse, this is the first thing you'll see. Yep, Essa has another fully upgraded DJ Booth and a dance floor pit! The couple plan to have some great parties here, the first being their wedding reception soon. This is, I guess you could say, the Music area. There's also the wall stereo, keyboard piano, Essa violin and Josh's guitar. On the wall is Josh's favorite masterpiece painting he did of Essa in Sulani. There are also photos of Essa's old dance club, Eight is Enough, members and over by the stairway celebrity photos of Veera, Melody and Malcom.

Lastly, there's a dining area in front of the pool windows to gaze outside while dining. To the left of this screenshot just out of the frame is a door to the greenhouse.

VnYALNE.png
    Tucked under the stairs is a knitting/needpoint/reading nook with Essa & Josh's rocker and a bookcase with photos on top and above.

r1lbeO7.png
    Glancing to your right you see the living area with a large flat screen TV, Josh's console and a chess set behind the couch.

DgRZpYF.png
    Behind the feature wall which holds the TV is sliding glass doors and windows looking out onto the back balcony. We'll get a better look at that later. There's also a photo gallery of some of the couple's favorite shots.

gVTHque.png
    Here's our first glimpse of the kitchen area and that door leads to a tiny bathroom.

QbfrlKX.png
    Of course they brought along their aquarium that now contains tropical fish along with the Angelfish Essa caught in Glimmerbrook. Above it are photos of Essa's family; L. Faba, Simeon, Morgyn, Greg, Veera, Cordelia and a photo of Essa with her Mom. Lots and lots of photos spread throughout the penthouse. Sadly, I don't have any of the twins! o.O They'll need to take some the next time they visit.

e0Db510.png
    There's the elevator room door. It's so tiny, I didn't bother to take a screenshot of it. The only thing in there anyway is the elevator, trash shute and mailbox. I apologize for the plumbbob above Josh's head. I didn't even realize I had headline effects on until it was too late. At the entrance is just a mirror and umbrella stand. Nothing fancy.

CCDZXnI.png
    A closer look at the kitchen. Josh and Essa were starving after their long trip here from Sulani, so were having a late dinner. Josh was having steak and Essa grilled fruit. I thought they'd already eaten all that, but I guess not. By the way, I freaking love those Batuu wall hangings. In fact you'll see many different objects from the JTB pack in this build. They actually have a sink this time too. But still have a dishwasher as well. It's on the other side of the island counters in the middle. I had a lot of fun designing that corner piece with the lights and the plant on top. I utilized the T.O.O.L. mod a lot in this build. So, so happy I decided to get that mod!

dMg0I2X.png
    I couldn't get any decent shots of the bathroom, it's so tiny! But here's a couple from above. The original Penthouse had a talking toilet, so I gave them one just for kicks.

li2YQOe.png
    Love the wall decals that came in the Industrial Loft kit! There's a mirror under that shelf, honest! ;) It's hard to tell from this angle, but I used that bathroom divider that came with Snowy Escape between the toilet and sink.

Fu4v2Mz.png
    Looking down from the second floor. Took this one just to show the full length of the feature wall.

qdWIifa.png
    Again, only took an above screenshot of the bedroom. I'll take better ones later, but this will give you an idea of what it looks like, they have a lot of their mementos and collections items from the year in here. They almost lost half of what you see here due to the Better Build/Buy Mod. I had to remove that. When I opened household inventory they were missing; Josh's medals, Essa's Starlight Accolade trophy, the brooms, magic wand, familiars, Essa's diploma and graduation portrait, all the candles, poufs, rugs, paintings, Mother Slice Trophy and their Mt. Komorebi wall plaques just to name a few things.

I was just going to use Debug and replace them, but when I opened Debug, those things were not in the catalog. What? Why? Anyway, on a hunch, I took out the Mod and when I loaded back into their lot, everything was back, safe and sound! I'm bummed about that Mod, it has some great features. Perhaps I'll try using it again one day.

BuKvGRq.png
    Back to the exterior now, I didn't really change much here except for the railings and the white is now cinder/cement blocks instead of brick. I haven't done anything with that larger accessible balcony yet, but I will. There's also two smaller ones on either side on the second floor that are not accessible. I am contemplating just making them into flower/plant boxes instead. We'll see...

SKjVnxQ.png
    Here's a look at the greenhouse from the outside. Again, I'll take a better one later, but you get the gist of what's going on in here. Obviously I decided they'll have a garden again. They planted all the perfect plant seeds they'd kept from Del Sol Valley plus some plants they grew in Evergreen Harbor. Put their cauldron and woodworking table in here as well.

ABt5XIb.png
    You've already seen the pool patio area before, but here you go again. Absolutely LOVE that curved bar from JTB! Lots of Batuu objects out here. Of course they need a hot tub. It's their thing! ;) Added some lights, a steam/bubbler grate and floating candles to the pool.

v2FDhO0.png
    Love this screenshot showing the back BBQ balcony area with the sun setting!

DgFXOMm.png
    Here's a closer look. In addition to the BBQ area, we have Essa's easel, a couple pieces of gym equipment, windchimes and some T.O.O.L. designed hanging plants above the doors. Sunk the vertical planter to better fit the window too.

9Bl2HwZ.png
    Just another angle. I love that large exhaust fan on the roof piece above from the Get To Work pack. It actually works too! I didn't expect that! There's also one inside between the greenhouse door and pool windows.

q7oMjZm.png
    And that's it for today's update! Tomorrow will be Essa and Josh's makeover and the story part of this month will also begin! I'm excited for it since I've purposely not had Essa go to SM all these months except for the Romance festival during the first week of the challenge. I hope you enjoyed this little mini tour of their new home for October! I hope you like the build too! I'll post screenshots of those balconies once I've decided what to do with them and they're finished.

I'll post comments/replies on all your lovely posts next! Thank you for being so patient with me! Hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
    @permanentrose
    Thanks! I still haven't figured out why they went to San Myshuno yet, but I'll either figure out something. They had a really fun last day. :) Yes! Glad that got sorted too thanks to Ellu! I love these two together! They make a good couple I think. Looking forward to what their kid(s) look like as well. Thank you about the build, I've been having tons of fun with it as you'll see in my update for today. It's finished now except for a couple balconies and a tweak here and there. How cool that we're both using the same lot! hehe I know! Wow, only two more months after this one until the challenge is finished. o.O

The family's makeover looks great! I love that hairstyle on Jules too. This is my first time playing with that lot too, or any penthouse for that matter. The views are gorgeous eh? Loving what you've done so far to the penthouse! Honestly, I liked that kitchen and might've saved it, I did use the same counters. But I wanted to build something entirely new. I bulldozed everything and started fresh. Aww, so glad Ruby got to catch up with her Dad and half sisters! They're so cute as mini teens! Glad she could stay for dinner too!

Good idea having Jules complete the Conservationist career. I honestly forgot she was preggers again until you said that and I saw her stomach had popped. o.O Of course Emmett is happy, like you said, he comes from a big family. Washer/Dryer eh? o.O Uh, nope, not happening in Essa and Josh's house. Honestly, they're fine as long as you remember to clean the dryer lint trap! ;) hehe Cute how she's watching the clothes wash. :D

@Ellupelluellu
    Yes, I'm getting used to it, but it's not easy since I played without anything for years. I am loving it though! Nope, not forgetful since it wasn't there in the first place! hehe I don't think there's any maybes about it, they did woo hoo more than the rest of the year. ;) Oh, yes, that is the only kiss interaction by Maxis their lips touch. Thankfully yes, it works now! *whew* I think I will definitely miss it more than they will. :D Of course, tan lines be gone!

Thank you about the penthouse, I absolutely love it! I think it turned out very well. What's wrong with using T.O.O.L. when uploading to the Gallery? It says right in the description that it's not CC and won't be flagged for it when you upload.

Oh man, your daily shot for August, day 30 is epic! Go Melody! Ooo, the look of determination on her face is priceless when she went on the hard slope. Congratulations to Melody (and you!) for completing the aspiration! Those screenshots are absolutely beautiful! Fantastic shots of the family there doing stuff together! What a great idea making them in a club together, glad it worked to get Greg there too! Yay! \o/ He looks so scared sledding. hehe There's a Spellcaster eye bug? Is that what was up with Josh? I just thought it was a perk he got or something. o.O His eyes only glowed when making potions.

Watching for a ride indeed and what a ride! HAHA! "Don't talk about cows?" PUNCH! Funny how she punched him to get her point across. Naturally no Sims react, why would the do that? ;) They look great in their Batuu outfits! LOL Melody had the perfect medicine for a hurting body. Yep! Gah, rich indeed. So funny they both cheated. That game looks like so fun! I almost put a Sabaac (sp?) table in Essa and Josh's penthouse. Whoa! Love the screenshot with the double suns! Oh yum! I didn't know they had steak there! Very cool! Of course, one more thing to do. HAHA! Sheesh, these two sure are randy lately. I love it to be honest. ;)
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited October 2021
    Update 272 - Bubbles

PG6oc1t.jpg
    I logged in and found Essa wandering around near their lot.
    glUAq6r.jpg

So Jules invited her up for some bubble blowing.
    plJFsGl.jpg

Let's see if Essa is a fan or not :)
    xlkkYTQ.jpg

She's looking a little unsure.
    AvWsWQF.jpg

Haha, nope, she does not have the hang of it :D
    mMXZL94.jpg
    NG0Co8f.png

I'm surprised pregnant sims are allowed to participate in bubble blowing, considering all the other things they can't do.
    5sO8Mx1.jpg

Looks like someone had too many bubbles :D He just randomly passed out right there in the chair lol.
    w4WudCz.png

Essa wandered around for a bit and read a book before heading out.
    UTM7Z7M.png

Necessary toddler activities...
    SrFsASa.png

I love catching autonomous moments like this <3
    t1X5BIe.png

Yep, I'm sure you all saw this coming :D
    LTAxkaw.jpg

I honestly didn't even know this was a fishing spot.
    akwpG82.png

And Jules can apparently spray invasive species because of her career.
    AO8Ehwn.png

That's it for today. I'm excited that I can actually pay attention to the festival schedule now. It's been a really long time since I've enjoyed any of the SM festivals so I'm looking forward to it.
    Post edited by permanentrose on
    edited October 2021
    @Karababy52 ,
    I LOVE that house, those batuu stuff fit in very well, among the other indrustial things :)
    And oh, yes you can upload houses made with TOOL just fine, and no CC icon will show up, but I said if I ever wish to have a curated house, then I cannot use TOOL, as Maxis does not favorite builds what need a mod to be build, at the first place :)
    Haha, yeah.. took 9 months to finally get myself to let them climb to that summit :D And then she needed that hard slope and done :)
    Greg was not grimm in that sledging club, it was still Nik Sr, why Greg showed up with the club. I have no idea will he after I make him as grimm again :p

Haha yeah, that cow comment was when they went up the first time, when Melody was "HOLY COW!" and Malcolm "That is not a cow, that is THE Millennium Falcon." :p

ETA: I am sure you most likely already knew, but it does not have to be sabacc table , you can use any game table there is (from Get Together and is there others?) and make it as sabacc table :)

@permanentrose ,
    haha you must of posted today at same time as I was :D As I just NOW saw it :D

Anyway, lovely pictures :) Nice hat Essa showed up , she took the bubble blowing stuff better that ANY my sim, haha mine all HATE it :D shame
    Haha, Emmett :p

I say again I just love the outfits you chosed, so colorful and happy, and fits well in SM :)

YAY PICKLE GO!!! #teampickleforeva

Oh I just cannot understand how there can even be any fish in that place :D

edited October 2021
    @Karababy52 , I forgot to answer this , yes, there is a bug with spellcaster and vampire eyes with toddlers and kids. If I do not remember totally wrong @permanentrose had the same with merfolk toddlers :)

I had it with my Anna, and it was bad, I could not bring her at all to CAS as when ever I did she had some weird glowing red or blue eyes after. And like Mona, when she put skiies on or took the sledge, her eyes changed!

Does not happen to tens and up for my knowledge, as Anna is fine now. So maybe Josh had similar but different bug?

edited October 2021
    October - Day 2: "Just one more day..."

REmYDbC.png

Notes
    xmbteF6.png
    As promised here's Essa's slightly modified new look/wardrobe. Not every category got something new, but here's the one's that did. From left to right; Every day, Formal, Athletic, Athletic back to show she has the Batuu hair style, Party, Hot (Batuu hairstyle again) and finally, Cold weather wear. Obviously I went with a purple theme this time, except for the cold weather outfit. She may have worn some of these pieces before, for instance the Hot weather dress, but oh well. I just love that dress!

70NdBxV.png
    A few of Josh's outfits have been modified as well. From left to right; Every day, Athletic, Party (influenced by Greg in Ellu's challenge, love that top!), Swimwear and his signature Cold weather outfit is back!

GbMUqOk.png
    Finished with dinner, Josh and Essa had a chat about what to do with the rest of their evening. Though they had talked about exploring the city, neither one was feeling up to going out. It had been a long day and they just wanted to relax. Tomorrow would be soon enough to begin getting to know their new home city.

InYhyje.png
    "Hey, want to play some video games on that gigantic flat screen? I bet they'll look amazing on it! I bet I can beat you too!"
    "Oh Beautiful, will you never learn? You can't beat me, I'm just that good."
    "Ha! I have beaten you before though. Maybe just once or twice, but it counts!"
    "Hmm, I suppose. Alright, you're on!"

RRg5JGq.png
    The couple settled down to play some Party Frenzy together. Both were impressed by how good video games looked on it. (Yes, it's blurry, let's just pretend it isn't eh? ;) )

LYJFosK.png
    Essa was doing very well, better than Josh expected.
    "You've been practicing again, haven't you?"
    "Oh yeah Babe, you're going down town!"
    "I thought you didn't want to go out until tomorrow. We can still--"
    "You know what I meant! Quit trying to distract me, it won't work. Focus!"
    "Okay, you asked for it!"

5PtPP74.png
    "And that's game!" *muwhahaha*
    "Dangit! Oh well, I'll get you again one of these days."
    "Pfft, in your dreams Beautiful."
    "Whatever...I'm gonna check out that DJ booth. It's been calling my name since we got here. Feel like dancing?"
    *sings* "You make me feel like dancing, I'm gonna dance the night away..."
    "I'll take that as a yes."

Qm4p7T7.png
    "Woo Hoooo! This thing sounds great! Lookin' good Babe!"
    "Feelin' good! Haven't danced in so long, I'm a bit rusty."

4pyHUHs.png
    "No you're not! Look at you, you're magnificent!"
    "If you say so, thanks! Just hope I don't fall!"
    "As if."

ElVDk8C.png
    "You're number 1 in my book Babe! Go Baby, go Baby, go Baby, GO!"
    "Okay, I wanna dance too! Dance battle with me?"
    "You got it!"
    Essa turned on the stereo part of the booth and joined Josh on the dance floor.

osu8aQt.png
    They were standing too close together again and...it looks kind of uh, inappropriate? At least it does to me. ehehe Essa went first, but Josh was still dancing I think is what happened. Funny to watch anyway! :)

vctFlX5.png
    "How am I doing?"
    "Lookin' good Beautiful, but here, let me show you how it's done."

Oe4Aefn.png
    "Here we go, watch me now."
    "I can't believe you just took my light sticks like that!"
    "You're not watching."
    "No I'm not, I'm too annoyed. How dare you!? And you wanna know what's worse than that?"
    "What?"
    "You are better at it than me. Is there anything you can't do?"

LGtkJe6.png
    "Hey! What are you doing back there?"
    "Setting your pants on fire."
    "What!?"
    "HAHA! Just kidding, you had a tag sticking out, just tucking it back in and my, uh...hand slipped."
    "You're such a bad liar! Hey! That's it! You can't lie!"
    "Caught me!"
    "Let's go have a soak. My muscles are a bit sore from dancing. Guess I'm out of shape."
    "You look in shape to me Beautiful, but okay, I'm up for it."

shiZG1j.png
    "You know what else would be relaxing?"
    "Mmm, I think I know the answer. But..."

cnntiRZ.png
    "What about all those buildings and more importantly the people inside them that might see us?"
    "Oh yeah, we could give them quite a show huh?"
    "We'd probably end up in some celebrity magazine since you're famous."
    "Didn't even think about that. Wow, we could really make some paparazzi's day."

n6WPqW4.png
    "I still want to do it though, do you?"
    "What do you think? Anywhere, any time, remember?"

fdFubOL.png
    A3IvDUK.png
    "Gawd, I'm so turned on right now. You're such an exciting woman, Beautiful."

XBjqSWR.png
    wBR2l5l.png
    KvuepIR.png
    "Whew! That was amazing! What got into you?"
    "Hey, if you're going to put on a show, make it the best, right?"
    "I think public woo hoo agrees with you Babe."
    "Hey, you were just as into as I was."
    "Ohhh yeah, it's just so naughty!"
    "Did you hear that person screaming and cheering?"
    "That wasn't you? Oh boy, someone did see then."
    "Yup, do you care?"
    "Nope, what's done is done. I hope not one and done."
    "Oh don't you worry, we'll be doing that again and again and--"
    *gigglesnort*
    "Would you like a drink? I know I'd love one."
    "Sounds good!"

22raG8L.png
    "Two Hot and Smokey's coming right up!"

GokqPnl.png
    "Come over here and sit by me, okay? I want to make a toast."

Ml49neY.png
    "Here's to you, me and the future for us both. With much love and hope, may we always be together until the day we croak. I love you Babe, cheers!"
    "Oh yeah, I'll drink to that! Cheers!"

tqtms85.png
    "You know I had my doubts about living in the city, been a country boy most of my life. But I think we're going to love it here."
    "I never thought in a million years I'd ever live in a penthouse either. But here we are!"

"Amazing isn't it? We've done so much together, been so many places, our life has just been one adventure after another. Some bad, but most good. We always end up together in the end though and that's what counts."
    "Definitely!"

Ew7UDsg.png
    "I can't imagine anyone else but you I'd want to share all of life's ups and downs. You make everything worth it. Let's go inside. As much fun as it was out here. I want you all to myself now. Just me and you with only our eyes looking at each other while we share all the love we have to give. I love you too, Beautiful, always."
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    *Updated my October 2nd post above! I'll get started on comments next. Hope y'all had an amazing day/night! <3
    @permanentrose
    Oh cool! Hi Essa! :) hehe I'm not surprised she's not into it for some reason. The look on her face is priceless. :D Oh no! Poor Emmett! Looks like Rowan is laughing at his Dad. o.O Was she reading a Rocket Science book? How funny! :D Aww, how cute! Love that dog! HAHA! And of course, Jules loves that ball! Where is that fishing spot? I don't think I've ever seen it before. Very cool despite not being in Sulani she could still spray. I'm excited too for the Festival schedule. I'm going to try to have Essa and Josh go at least once to all of them. :)

@Ellupelluellu
    Thank you! I love it too! I think it turned out very well and yes, the Batuu objects were perfect for it! I'm so glad I finally got to use more in a build. :) Ah, okay, thanks for the explanation. I understand how you wouldn't want to use it then since you'd like to get a build curated. Yeah, I didn't see any black smoke around his feet so I figured he wasn't Grim then. Be cool if he does show up as Grim some time though eh? ;) Oh man, that's right! How could I forget that? :D Yep, I figured they could use any gaming/card table, but if I do put one down, I want to make it with the Batuu stuff. Thanks for sharing that though for those that might not know. :)

Huh, that is so weird! I wonder why they never fixed it. Maybe because it happens so randomly they can't nail down what's the problem. I'm guessing it was a glitch with Josh then too. Thankfully it didn't last beyond making potions.
    edited October 2021
    Update 273 - A day at the park

rdAjlWe.png
    Started off today's game play with some people watching, since a lot of sims spawn in this city area.

First, Bryon showed up.
    zqxnA33.png

Darling, what are you so angry about? :D
    6qvoLjD.png

Townie fashion at it's peak (Except this isn't even a townie, it's one of my sims, and I definitely didn't give her that outfit...)
    142lAvs.png

Mario's step mom was busking.
    EveQ4KD.png

And I never noticed this before, but sims carry around their coffee and food, and that's just a super cute detail that I'm now gonna appreciate.
    0IV6hTg.png
    JIE1RjZ.png

Last, I spotted Wolfgang consulting a map. Must be his first time in the city :)
    dwBpRrW.png

Anyway, so Jules and Rowan had work and school respectively, so I took Robin, Emmett, Ruby and Pickle to the park.
    soqFtKc.jpg
    ToV8PMP.jpg

Emmett looks like he's having more fun that Robin haha.
    Vj2gjmU.jpg
    Qvlg9gh.jpg

Back at their lot, a group of protesters were gathering.
    9KnJSXe.png

Ruby is at that perfect age where I imagine she'd feel passionate about many causes, so she joined in.
    X2HATKT.png

And stayed long after the group had dispersed :D
    9HXk9V0.png

And it's time for the Spice Festival, so that's where we'll pick up with my next update :)
    CDSBTvp.png

Gonna have time to comment/reply later on today, so look out for those later on :)
    @Karababy52 ,
    Haha the cow joke will get one more shot , when they live in HoB. :p
    -- I love the first pic.. just imagining myself swimmin with that view, not only on top of the water, but on sides too :D
    They had a fun day in their fabulous penthouse :)
    Nice update to their wardrobe , just cannot help but think that both have still more like Sulani vibes at their everyday outfit, than city living one :) Essa's , hard to say, and I mean nothing bad, just compared to their new house, the everyday outfits seems, sort of bland. :) Or you have before selected more spicier, and fit to theme, at every other month :) Or you were so exhausted after building that fabulous house, that you had not much energy to CAS ? :smiley:
    Wow, yes at least should not be troubles to see that videogame :D
    Great dancing and sweet moments in the tub and at the bar <3

@permanentrose ,
    --Well eventful day they had :D
    DUH! Darling always looks like that.. I am not her fan, she treated toddler Wilma very badly in my old ISBI/Asulym save :D
    Nice helmet.. maybe the fashion of this sim year's street wear??
    Yes, those coffee and muffin walkers are nice touch :) Is that Summer?
    Yep, clearly it was Wolfie's first time in the city :D
    Nice pics from playground and park.. naturally, Ruby fits well along those protesters :D

edited October 2021
    @Karababy52
    Their house looks amazing! I love seeing all their photos up too. You really did a great job with that industrial loft vibe, and I'm glad you've been enjoying using TOOL in your builds as well. The pool area looks so cool as well, I love that you have the windows placed so you can see the water from outside.

Essa and Josh's wardrobes look great too! I actually gave most of the family CL clothing makeovers in all outfit categories too, but I was too lazy to take screenshots of all of them haha. Essa looks good in purple! What a fun evening for them in their new loft too! That DJ booth is a lot of fun, and those "inappropriate" dancing photos made me chuckle :D What a lovely rooftop hot tub as well. The city scenery in the background of your shots is really cool too.

It was fun to have Essa show up! I'm not sure what book she was reading actually. So the fishing spot is in the Arts Quarter neighborhood behind the fountain. Here's a screen shot that shows it's location.
    q5aVNPp.jpg

@Ellupelluellu
    Your trips to Batuu are always so much fun and you get some great screenshots. The Millennium Falcon shots are always the best haha, love how sims don't even notice the giant spacecraft hovering over them :D Malcolm and Melody have certainly been woohooing a lot lately, it's good there's no more space in your household or else Melody would be pregnant as frequently as Jules LOL :D

Thanks for your compliments about their new outfits! I love their new outfits too. I don't often use items from the CL pack, so it was fun to find a style that worked for everyone in the family and use items I usually don't. That sim holding the coffee is actually Mia Hayes and the one in the helmet is Dela Ostrow. They are the sims that are on the cover art. I just edited them a bit, but I downloaded them as a couple and have them living in one of the SM apartments.
    5e1OAOc.png
    edited October 2021
    October - Day 3: "You make me feel brand new!"

KRgapok.png

Notes
    vyftn3u.png
    "Great, it's raining. Not exactly the best atmosphere to explore a new city."
    "Hmm, yeah, it is kind of dreary."

GwzffMA.png
    "We could still go though, what's a little rain anyway? Never let it stop us before, why now, right?"

WOGK6HM.png
    "Yeah! You're right!"
    "I was thinking it might be fun to get makeovers, so we feel more citified. Maybe get haircuts, or color, new clothes, maybe even a tattoo or piercings. What do you think?"

rlSXlB7.png
    "Seriously? I love that idea! You'd really cut your hair though? You love it long. I mean, it's up to you, of course. Not sure about a tattoo myself, but hey maybe I'll see something I can't live without. I'm always open to new stuff."
    "I might get it cut, we'll see. Maybe just a trim or something."
    "Do you know where we can find any of those kind of shops?"
    "No, but I'm sure we'll find them by just wandering around, can always ask somebody too."

ZEHMuHc.png
    Hand-in-hand Essa and Josh explored the city and true to his word, it wasn't long before they found a hair stylist salon.

dEHcVHo.png
    Thankfully, walk-ins were welcome and they were able to get Essa and Josh in right away.
    (Looks like a really nice place. Should I get my hair cut? I don't know...)

IX4v2KN.png
    Essa was finished first and waited outside in the rain for Josh. She was a bit anxious, but excited to see Josh's new style. Finally, he walked out and she smiled in delighted surprise to see what he had done.
    "Wow! You got it colored! It looks great. Do you like it?"
    "Yeah, I do! I just couldn't bring myself to get it cut, but I wanted to do something so the stylist suggested having it colored, just a little lighter."
    "Good choice, I love it!"
    "Thanks, are you ready to see if we can find a tattoo parlor?"
    "Sure, I guess."

hamF5Nv.png
    Here's a better look at both of their new hair styles. I tried other styles on Josh, but I just couldn't find one I liked more than the original, so decided to try a new color instead. What do you think? I apologize for how dark the screenshots are in this update, but it was cloudy, raining and dreary the entire day.

4ay4Kkc.png
    Josh had asked his stylist if she knew of any tattoo parlors nearby and if so was there one she would recommend. She got very excited when he asked and told him about a new place that had just opened yesterday in the city. Apparently the owners were well known for their quality work at another shop they owned across town. Walking toward the front door, they could see many patrons inside looking at a gallery of examples of their work.

UVLZ3xy.png
    "Are you sure this is something you want to do Beautiful? It's not like a haircolor that will wash out or a cut that will grow back. Once you're inked, it's forever. Well, you can have it removed, but it's not a simple process."
    "I'm sure. I think..."
    "Okay, well take a look at what they can do and see if there's something that speaks to you. Make sure you absolutely love it, okay? I'd start with something small, don't get a full sleeve right away. I think that's what I'm getting this time, but I know what to expect. Don't feel like you have to get one today either, it can wait if you don't see anything you want."
    "Alright, I'm keep all that in mind. Let's go check out what they can do."

8MXxWgg.png
    "Wow, such intricate work, look at that Josh, these people are true artists!"
    "Very impressive, yes, see anything you like?"
    "No, but I found one I love. Let's see if they can get us in today."
    "Okay, did you want to get a piercing too?"
    "I don't know...maybe."

CdbAZcH.png
    "How are you doing over there Beautiful? You can still change your mind. Don't feel pressured to do this, okay?"
    "I'm good, just nervous. Will it hurt a lot?"
    "Well, it doesn't tickle, but after the first few pokes, you get used to it. At least I did, I can tolerate a lot of pain though."
    *gulp*

2f06mZj.png
    Essa ended up getting a simple flower on her forearm she'd fell in love with from a photo in the Gallery. Josh got a full sleeve on his left arm. You'll see it later, but it's one of the CL tattoos.
    "Are you okay? I heard you gasp a couple times."
    "I'm good. I felt like screaming at first, but it was tolerable after awhile. But look! Isn't it lovely? I love it! I love yours too, very cool and very sexy! It goes great with the birds on your back, almost like they're flying in the clouds now."
    "That's the idea and thanks! I've been thinking about this design for a long time. Did you want to get a piercing too?"

08EtzI0.png
    "Sure, why not? Might as well go for the whole enchilada eh?"
    "That's my girl! Do you know what you want?"
    "Oh yeah, the guy that did my tattoo had one and I thought it looked very cool."
    "Excellent, let's go!"

dMoCd7Z.png
    The piercing Josh ended up getting took a little longer than Essa's, but they were both happy with the results. They went to a nail salon next and then their final destination for the day, a clothing shop.

Ztil54s.png
    Josh let out a wolf whistle when Essa emerged from the shop wearing one of her new outfits. She got a big grin on her face seeing him standing their looking very handsome and hot in his new outfit too. Josh took her hand and playfully bowed.

SzHVOyW.png
    "You look ravishing, Beautiful. You're one sexy, hot Mama!"

qxaNMCi.png
    "Oh Josh, you always say the sweetest things to me. You're the most delicious Daddy I've ever seen in my life too. Woo! Gawd, you look gorgeous Babe!"

Josh just gave her a seductive look and then kissed her hand.
    *gigglesnort*

zSSVK1p.png
    cLGS7W5.png
    CSikQjW.png
    n9sEBUq.png
    "Let's go home. As much as I love those new clothes on you, I can't wait to get you out of them. Are you as turned on right now as I am?"
    "Ohhh yeahhh! I thought you'd never ask!"

mQGcnUb.png
    Here's a little closer look at Josh. He has gauges in his ears now, that was his piercing, the tattoo on his left arm which you'll see at some point, a new wardrobe for all categories except cold weather, black nail polish, a lighter hair color and a bit of eyeliner, which looks darker here than it really is, don't worry. I think he looks great!

46mwezB.png
    Essa has a new hairstyle, an eyebrow ring, a flower tattoo on her right inside forearm, an entirely new wardrobe and matching nails for every category. Some of the nails are patterned and quite long. They both look very different to me and I love their looks. I hope you all do too! :) You'll see the rest of their outfits as the month progresses.
    Update 274 - The Spice Festival

jzB5isj.jpg
    First thing on the agenda for the Spice Festival - The Curry Challenge.
    73M2lLG.jpg

Not a fan of the spice, I see :D
    gBhHsEf.jpg

This made me laugh too :joy:
    c9VjRVv.png

I had the family all wear festival t-shirts, even though it's so annoying that it replaces their outfits in CAS. Jules got a start on the aspiration as well by purchasing some food from one of the stalls. She also bought some spices, which I'll have to have her use in some recipes this month.
    jQItg4P.png

"Robin, watch this!"
    wnhhOvl.jpg

"Dear sister, let me show you how it's done."
    bhwt2ww.jpg

"Dude, you're too young to blow bubbles..."
    hNEdAQ5.jpg

"That's what you think..."
    BR1Vnei.jpg

"I have my methods." :D
    WvNEoqg.jpg

They headed over to sing some karaoke after that. Rowan looks like he was born to do this.
    kPEbAD3.png

Oh hello there Brittany...
    wOSsxqa.png

HAhahaha, someone really can't handle the spice.
    PBJN0s3.jpg

Let's zoom in on Jules. Looks like someone is having a good old time without any interference from me :D
    4NkDrVM.jpg

These two had the option to sing a duet together <3
    lbwFOeE.jpg

Back at the apartment, Jules instant upgraded the trash chute, so hopefully we won't have any issues with it this month.
    4d5eTyi.png

And then I remembered the Sad Thing I Did.

I decided a bit ago that it was time for Lenny to go to doggy heaven, but I left his urn in the apartment, even when I moved Dell and Sofia out, so now ghost Lenny can come out to play from time to time <3
    UFkAlNy.png
    N7BnliF.jpg
    Dn6vlTi.png
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @permanentrose -
    I had to comment when I saw Lenny. Ah Lenny, even as a ghost you are still a cute dog. Love the bit about Ruby and Rowan, and how Ruby says that Rowan is too young to blow bubbles, and then he pulls out a bubble blower. That kid is smart! hehehe Cute Rowan! hehehe loved that. And Brittany shows up at the Spice Festival, too. The old rivalry remains as there is a secret laugh there about how she can't handle spice either! hehehe And the karaoke singing, love that, just loved the whole chapter :)

@permanentrose ,
    Thank you :p Haha yes I always giggle when I use it or similar, like sims should look up and.. maybe a bit scared :p But naahh.. and it is StrangerVille anyway :p Haha, yes I figured I finally allow them woohoo more, than just those few times :p So I am not that cruel watcher :joy:
    Ah okay, she looked a bit like makeovered Summer :) Yes I try to dress sims also based on the pack they are at, sometimes easy, sometimes not :D
    -- Aww, Jules know how to party at festival :D I wonder why she did not start to juggle with that soccer ball of hers :p
    Haha nice solution to blowing bubbles, Rowan :p And nice that they sang together, how did it sound? :p
    Awww.. Lenny... Pickle seems to be okay, Parsley Dill , tho.. looks like it has hard time to decide what that acting like a dog but can see thru little thing is :joy:

*Updated my October 3rd post above! I apologize for the delay, it took much longer than I thought it would and it was too late to post this morning when I was finished. I'll get started on comments after we have dinner. Hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
    @Karababy52 ,
    -- Okay, haha I apologize my comment about not so spicy makeovers, I obviously was too hasty :D OH MY!! Okay tattoos and piercings!! Oh and I love that hair on Essa! Josh has nice color change too :p (just a tip, when you are looking long hairs for male, untick the male part, my simeon for example has a hair that is normally only for females :) )
    You found great buildings too! Great way to get to know to the city :p

edited October 2021
    Mx8

August, day 30..

sWstN1W.png
    The one long sunday , part 3.

4SfE03K.png
    Oh I had forgotten to use this bbq, so let's use it now..
    TZVDW0q.png
    Some romantic dining before the Gala.

3rkDJGO.png
    Gala.. and she better win! If she does not , I will cheat it, as she has won 2 times, but i did not had the aspiration selected.. duh.

MobdrsZ.png
    Host was someone I have never seen before..
    uiQDAHT.png
    B6zdsgh.png
    PKr3xhq.png
    Looks like they do not like her either :D

sWstN1W.png
    SHE WON!!! Best actress award :)

Thorne Bailey almost ruined it, he sneaked to the microphone to sing!!! So Melody could not get the award.. I hit a reset on Thorne..

His64A6.png
    Thorne! SIT .. and do not come near the microphone unless you win! I am watching you!

IrmvNWB.png
    Looks like our movie director is not ever happy!

Other winners of the evening:
    KctfxYd.png
    Thorne Bailey, for being a fashion icon... really?

sE3ImOK.png
    Judith, from best co actress.

EEoN1X6.png
    Josh Hunter, for being "a nice character" :smiley:

XxGakWO.png
    Essa Masters, for wearing super tight pants and looking good :D

I was not gonna include this, but this is the weird thing you get if you have a same sim in lots of your saves as background character and playable in only one :D
    YwYTaTu.png
    Sandra: "Hmm.. you look a lot like my mother.."
    Veera: "There is a reason for that..."

@permanentrose
    Hey Bryon, nice to see you! :) Ugh, Darling. I don't like that Sim. Always get deleted in my game. Why does the game find it necessary to do that? I hate it! Just leave my Sims alone, they don't need a dumb situational outfit. Sheesh! Hopefully you still appreciate them carrying around stuff when they start abandoning them everywhere and stink up the place. o.O Of course with MCCC, you probably have the ability to just delete that stuff though, right?

Nice they were able to have some fun in the park together. Funny about the protesting with how Ruby kept going at it after everyone else left. She must be very passionate about the cause. :) Spice Festival! One of my two favorite festivals. :)

Thank you about the penthouse, I'm very happy with how it turned out! Oh man, I LOVE the T.O.O.L. Mod, it's fantastic! Looking forward to creating more unique things with it. But, just being able to move and place objects exactly where I want them and more precise sizing would be worth having it alone. :) Love that pool! I had no idea those candles would float on the water until I saw Kate Emerald do it in a speed build for her penthouse pool. :)

Thanks about their wardrobe too, but it's all changed now. ;) Glad you liked it before. I won't be showing their full new wardrobe this time. You'll see them in future updates anyway. hehe Yeah, I thought you'd get a kick out of their dancing too close since the same thing happened with Ruby and Kristine. I cracked up when it happened! Thanks also for showing where that fishing spot is located! I actually saw it myself when I was scrolling around to find something to take a quick screenshot for the daily pic yesterday. I appreciate you took the time and effort to show where is is though!

Aww poor Jules. It's hit or miss if my Sims win that thing, they usually don't. *gasp* Oh geez that's right, it does change their clothes. o.O Thanks for the reminder. I'll have to remember to have Essa and Josh wear pants if they buy T-shirts when they go to festivals. Don't want any accidental 'Joey' syndrome happening, if you get my drift. ;) hehe Good one Rowan! He looks fierce singing too. Rumba! She looks good dancing like that. :) Oh cool, I didn't know they could upgrade the trash chute! Have to remember to have Josh or Essa update their's too. Thanks for the tip! Aww, Hi Lenny! Nice that Jules got to hug him again at least.

@Ellupelluellu
    hehe Melody's never living down that cow comment is she? Oh man, I love that pool too! Imagine diving down and looking out the sides making it seem everything is in a water world. Would be so cool having a pool like that eh? They had a great time enjoying all the toys in their penthouse.

Yes, you are right on all accounts. I spent so much creative energy on the house and so much time building it, staying up too late, I was running on empty when I updated their wardrobe. I decided to try again for yesterday's update and make it an event for them while exploring the city. I think they look much more 'citified' now! Thank you so much for noticing and commenting on it, I appreciate that you know my style and the characters so well you'd see that something was off. *Hugs* :)

hehe Yeah that TV is enormous! But hey, it actually works in this build since the walls are so dang tall! Plus, they can afford it, so why not go for the biggest and the best, right? ;) Thanks, these two make me smile so big with how much they love each other. <3

Hey now, no apologies necessary! Like I said previously in this reply, I'm glad you said something! You weren't too hasty, it's cool! :) hehe Yeah, they went all out for their new look. Well except Josh just colored his hair rather than getting a new hairstyle. Yep, I know about doing that. The hairstyle Josh wears is actually meant for females if I'm not mistaken and that long Moschino hair definitely is. I exchange hairstyles between genders all the time. There was one sort've longish CL hair I thought about using for Josh, but meh.

Oh yeah! The buildings! I had fun 'shopping' for those on the Gallery. I especially love that hair salon. It's by RGR Gaming if you're interested in checking it out. He's a fabulous builder! Obviously, it's not hard to detect what I did, just plopped them down on the same lot, took my screenshots and plopped down the next one. hehe Oh well, it was fun making it look like they were running around to different shops 'exploring' San Myshuno anyway. :)

Aww how sweet they had a romantic dinner before the Gala! Man, these two sure are making up for lost time. I love it! <3 Yep, they all look they're thinking, "Who is that? Get them off the stage!" :D Yay! Melody won! Finally! That's wonderful! Congrats Melody for winning the award and for I'm assuming, finishing the aspiration! Dangit Thorne! Sit down Dude and stop trying to always hog the spotlight! I would've reset him too! Oh Hello Josh! I should've known he'd be there too, especially since Sandra is there. :) Oh I see, he was nominated, cool that he won along with Essa, Judith, Thorne (boo) and of course Melody! Fun awards they can win eh? hehe Oh man, that is hilarious! Yes Sandra, there's a very good reason why she looks like your Mother. :D
    edited October 2021
    October - Day 4: "Romance Festival"

o4bhNAo.png

Notes
    Euf4nfg.png
    Saturday night Essa and Josh attended the Romance Festival. They'd heard about the Sakura tea and how it was supposed to make you feel and wanted to test it out for themselves.

I1OLVNG.png
    I'm sure by now it's no secret that Josh is a very amorous man full of desire for Essa 24/7. Given that fact, it's not surprising the Sakura tea's properties hit him like a dozen arrows from Cupid's bow. The look he's giving her right now says it all.

NtICgCM.png
    "Are you feeling it like I am?"
    "Gawd, yes, the rumors are true!"
    "I want you so much right now, it hurts. I always feel like that, but this..."
    "I know, but there's no where to go. Should we go home?"
    "Actually, I know somewhere very close by, follow me."

Lucky for Josh, he knows the Watcher will always provide a place to satisfy his desirous nature. ;)

ccthywp.png
    Incredibly, I had nothing to do with his actions, other than placing the closet. it was all autonomous, again!

5zQX7Bz.png
    And there's the fireworks, as expected! I love that! I knew Sims will get fireworks if they get married at the Romance Festival, but one day purely by chance, I learned they would get them if they managed to somehow Woo Hoo while attending the festival too! It's a nice little Easter Egg considering there is no where at the Festival or the Honeypot for Sims to Woo Hoo by default. Simmers need to provide for it themselves. I thank you Devs and my Sims, especially Josh and Essa, thank you too! ;)

zwD6Exc.png
    "Is there anybody out there?"
    "Nope, coast is clear."
    "Okay, cool. Just let me, uh, untangle this dang hanger from the strings on my top and we're good to go."
    "ehehe Take your time Beautiful. Need some help?"
    "Thanks, but I got it."

ECQGrln.png
    Back at the Festival, Josh stopped to admire some art for sale from a vendor displaying his wares on a portable street gallery. Obviously the vendor was none other than Bryon.

qpD0tg6.png
    While Josh had a chat with Bryon, Essa harvested flowers available for anyone to take during the Festival. She smiled remembering the first time she'd done this when she was a teen. She still had seeds from then that helped contribute to their immense wealth.

iHVMPTv.png
    With that task finished, Essa introduced herself to one of my own Sims, Lilah Lockhart. You may remember her as one of the Sims at the Maker's space in Evergreen Harbor. She was standing with the mail lady staring at Josh's butt as he dove in a dumpster looking for treasures.

gcUvMQQ.png
    Josh was a little hungry and decided to grab something from a food stall. Unfortunately, the only option available for some reason was to 'Haggle.' It didn't look like Sam (another one of my Sims) was too happy about the idea, but he did give Josh a discount on the Dango he'd ordered.

FZwiwWb.png
    Josh was feeling a bit bad about it. It was embarrassing since the couple were loaded and could afford to buy everyone at the Festival dinner if they so desired. Why did he do that?

Sorry Josh, it was the only option showing up.

dk6xkhh.png
    Same thing happened when Essa needed a bite to eat as well. I would've just had them summon grilled cheese or use the Delicioso spell, but part of the aspiration is to order a meal 3 times from a food stall. Dang glitch... *sigh*

YmMQ2v5.png
    "I think we should give that guy a BIG tip at least, don't you Beautiful?"
    "Yes, that's a brilliant idea!"

Aha! I see two more familiar Sims off to the side.

shF9j96.png
    Hello Molly and Damon! Looks like Damon is thoroughly enjoying the Sakura tea himself. Molly obviously hasn't had any, yet. She's not glowing pink from the effects of it. Damon's face cracks me up! hehe Sadly, they're both wearing situational outfits. *sigh* Damon would not be caught dead wearing that, and Molly does not have a nose ring. I can't see her wearing that peek-a-boo dress with the daring cut-outs either. EDIT: (GAH! I just noticed Molly is wearing that dang eyeball ring too! Grrr!)

MU7wFRX.png
    "What should we do now? The festival ends in less than an hour."
    "Hmm, well there's one thing I want to do right now."
    "Oh? If it's what I'm thinking you're thinking, we already did that once. Not that I'm saying we shouldn't again. Just saying..."
    "No, not that, though I'm always thinking that, just..."

8QL1K0t.png
    "...this..."

vAuUpYQ.png
    "The Honeypot is still open, want to sing some Karaoke with me?"
    "Sure, sounds like fun!"

y968oXY.png
    It sounded like fun to me too, but unfortunately it was not to be. There's a glitch here too that not everyone on the lot can be chosen for a partner in a duet. I have a mod for it, but forgot to install it. Ah well, Essa had a good time cheering for Josh and acting like the best groupie he's ever had while singing. She loved it when Josh sang, he was incredibly talented. It was no wonder Adam always wanted him for a back-up singer in his band. She thought about throwing her panties at him since no one but the bartender was in the place, but decided against it.

6kOkJXt.png
    He'd have to settle for a passionate kiss after the song was finished. I doubt he's complaining over the substitution. ;)

gE7JvWL.png
    "Are you ready to go home now? Or did you have something else in mind?"

5UpdD9O.png
    "Something else, or maybe I should say something again!" Essa said with a cheeky grin before grabbing Josh's hand to take him outside and around the back of the bar.
    (Oh God, if you're real and you're listening, thank you for giving me the love of this amazing woman.)

Yup, purely autonomous, again! Twice in one night! That tea is pretty freakin' strong eh? ;) Oh wait, neither one is glowing pink anymore. It's not the tea, it's just them, my lovely randy couple. LOL! Good thing I have risky woo hoo turned off! o.O

The couple finally went home after that and I ended my play session.
    *Updated my Ocotober 4th post above! Hope y'all have an amazing rest of your week! <3
    Update 275 - Steamy Saturdays

MsDKFty.png
    So I've been wanting to use that other hot spring included in BB mode from the SE pack, but it's very big so it's never made sense to use it on a residential lot, so I edited the Skye Fitness lot to include it there. Since Jules can't go in a hot spring while pregnant, Ruby and Zane got to test it out for me instead :)
    qwSnVAA.jpg

And test it out they did ;)
    dng28h0.png
    wvHriwG.png
    2Fg2pEk.png
    SmTHRWW.png

Afterwards, they went to shoot some hoops. Zane was terrible.
    dAF1sRh.png

And Ruby was intense :D
    JAlzcbS.jpg

Before heading back to Ruby's place, Ruby gave Zane a copy of their apartment key :)
    ZlhktOP.jpg
    iJsqi2F.jpg

Back at home, Ruby decided to check her university application status.

And of course she got in!
    zHmioyM.png

Everyone (minus Dill) packed into the tiny room to celebrate (I didn't know that sims would celebrate if they were nearby, such a fun little discovery!)
    a6je7De.jpg
    DKSNK5w.jpg
    chG4PlO.jpg
    YY6KF1c.jpg
    ursyplY.jpg

Oh look, Dill did decide to make an appearance after all :D
    Fxx6DWl.png

Zane asked if he could take Ruby out for a celebratory dinner, and of course Jules and Emmett agreed.
    jzCg58O.jpg

Sorry these updates have been a bit Ruby centric lately, I've just been enjoying exploring some things with her and getting her settled into her YA life lately. Of course Jules is still my main focus though :)

I'll catch up on comments later today :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top