Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What was your 1st mod?

Just curious. We all started out vanilla but what was the one thing that drove you to the dark side and convinced you to install your very first mod? I don't care if it was Sims 1, 2, 3, or 4. For me it was the no mosaic mod. I hated that huge blur ruining all my screenshots and I couldn't play Sims without it now. I've since gone down a much larger rabbit hole of mods and cc.

Comments

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    I hated that white outline when pointing on sims or objects. It totally took away all possibility to get a feel of "being in the game". So I was happy to find there was a mod to get rid of it.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    After playing vanilla (Sims 4) for a while I learned that there were a number of things I wanted to fix, alter, or enhance. After some research I found that MCCC would handle most of what I wanted at the time. So yeah. That.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    MCCC. I was curious and tried it, because I thought it would be fun if sims got married and had children on their own. It turned out I didn't like it because the pairings were horrible and sims whom weren't supposed to have children had them, so I decided to go back to vanilla :sweat_smile:

I have desired the no mosaic mod or smaller censor mod for such a long time, but I still want to keep my game vanilla so I don't have it :(
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I've only tried two mods and don't remember which one I picked up first. I've tried MCCC and then a mod that decreased environmental buffs. I used them maybe for a month and then returned to vanilla game.
  • SanniSilliSanniSilli Posts: 164 Member
    MCCC, because I wanted risky woohoo 😂 I have diacovered a lot of other use of it, too, also still a lot left to discover in the future... :smiley:
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Ermm….😇
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    My first mod was one so townies won't autonomously try to talk to my Sims, ever! I absolutely love it! It was in June of this year when I got it so I played vanilla for well over 6 years beforehand. Since then I've been gleefully dancing on the dark side and have a few more Mods. Most are for small things I found annoying or missing, but the biggest two in my mind are UI Cheats Extension and just recently, T.O.O.L.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited October 2021
    I am pretty sure that it was something related to autonomy, either to stop sims from doing something or to make other things autonomous (first kiss, woohoo, proposal ece).
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    MCCC and the no mosaic mod, at least for Sims 4. For Sims 2, it was probably Pescado's mods so that my game would stop borking all the time lol. Honestly, I only have a few mods with Sims 4, and virtually zero CC (just eyelashes and eye defaults) while Sims 2 was loaded with both...took 2 hours or so to load that game last time I tried lol.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited October 2021
    I can't remember if it was Mccc or ui cheats. But i know i got one right after the other.
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    My first was Expanded Mermaids (and a couple related ones to give them more powers). I spent three in-game days trying to get my mermaid to use Siren’s Call the way it seemed like it should work. Three game days. I finally got it to work, saved, shut down the game, and started searching for better mermaid powers. Then once I had a couple
    mods I went all in with MCCC et al.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I can't for sure remember my very first mod, but it was probably one to make something take less time, like painting. My first big mod was MCCC.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited October 2021
    MCCC of course. But then I had it's predecessor in Sims 3 (which was even better, since Sims 3 had story telling to begin with. I remember the joy of being able to make sure all non-played Sims picked careers fitting with their life ambitions and so on).

I still only use two mods: MCCC and Meaningful Stories.
    No CC, No other mods whatsoever.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    mccc or have some personality, I'm not sure.
  • LouisaB75LouisaB75 Posts: 8 New Member
    My very first mod was for Sims 2 and it was so that I could do an entirely medieval world with all the townies in medieval clothing, whatever the weather, carriages instead of taxis and everything you could think of to make the world truly authentic. It took me weeks to get it all set up the way that I wanted.

I still have the save but am on a different machine now and would need to reset everything manually again. I summoned every townie to a lot with the clothing rack mod and manually changed all their outfits one by one. The thought of doing that all over again is too daunting for me to try it, though every now and then I do briefly consider giving it another shot.

I don't remember my first mods in Sims 3, but I had way more in that than any of the other incarnations.

I only recently installed my first two mods in Sims 4. MCCC (installed a few weeks ago to fix a relationship stuck at acquaintance issue since the EA code to fix it was removed from the game) and a little mod to sort out the recent can't build the rocket ship issue because of some issue relating to the festivals. I would probably have waited for the EA fix for that, which presumably will come at some point, but one of my sims needed to be working on it to progress in her career.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member
    edited October 2021
    UI Cheats. My first and only mod. For TS4.

Sims 2 Monique's Computer and Merola's Painting

Sims 3 Master Controller, Relativity
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Sims 1: Sims Transmogrifier
    I had a child head with a wizard hat (from CD that came with a hint book, I think) and whenever a baby aged up into that head, I changed it into a different one. So in essence I got my very first mod to deal with a self-imposed cc problem. Go figure.

Sims 2: Easy Bed and the Shop from home clothing rack

Sims 3: Mod free

Sims 4: Either Brighter Indoor Lights or the CAS fix for the Wide jaw bug
  • SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    edited October 2021
    Sims 2: ACR (Autonomous Casual Romance)+all these mods to help with neighbourhood corruption (https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_guide:Avoiding_corruption).
    Sims 4: Whims Overhaul by Bienchens
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited October 2021
    One of the first mods I used was probably the no emotion music mod. It removed the music that plays when sims were changing emotions. It became were repetitive after a while.

I used it until Maxis made that an option in the game, I wish Maxis could do that more often. Looking at you, more columns in CAS mod.
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Sims 3 Nraas Master Controller, Overwatch, Error trap to make the game run better.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited October 2021
    I don't remember what mods I had for the Sims 2, it was a long time ago.

I didn't play the Sims 3 long enough to experience mods when it was the current game.

I think Meaningful Stories was my first Sims 4 mod, to me the emotion system is a complete mess without this mod.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    MCCC since I needed child support in my game for a story and the mod has child support. It didnt take me long for other mods to be staples in my game.
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I don't know - probably something with Sims 2, but I was definitely using Twallan's mods for the Sims 3.
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    For TS3 it was probably something from either NRAAS or MATY's mods.

For TS4, it was likely the first mosaic remover. I remember when MCCC wasn't a thing.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited October 2021
    The Sims 1 I don't think mods were a thing (I was wrong) but I did use CC.
    The Sims 2 Job Seeking Noticeboard
    The Sims 3 NRaas: MasterController
    The Sims 4 MC Command Center
    Post edited by SimplyJen on
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/