Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

💜 Quick Creativity CAS Challenge 💜 GLovelysQCC

Comments

• Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I might just save them for the next time, but here is the screenshots that I wanted to share for the Ghost Story theme. :D

klnyK24.png
    1SqYfVW.png
    ikT5OeJ.png
    7jEpYUM.png
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    FireflyMoonWitchFireflyMoonWitch Posts: 21 Member
    > @GLovely1 said:
    > I have to second Shirl's BRAVO here! Thanks so much for coming to take the time to share the depth of all of your wonderful characters from this last QCC theme @FireflyMoonWitch I already loved them and now even more so 💜 My favorite part was valley girl Britney and her "grody" death by flies!

Thank you very much! Jett's looking awesim in the thumbnail, and I love your spooky new profile pic! I'm so ready for Halloween!
  • Options
    Ooooh those screenshots look amazing @x4m1r4 ! Love the spooky vibes! Which pack is the bunny hat from? I don't remember seeing that in my game - is it in my first pet stuff?
  • Options
    Ooooh those screenshots look amazing @x4m1r4 ! Love the spooky vibes! Which pack is the bunny hat from? I don't remember seeing that in my game - is it in my first pet stuff?

Thanks a lot @FireflyMoonWitch ! The bunny hat is from the Snowy Escape. :)
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    GLovely1 wrote: »
    NeoFelis22 wrote: »
    So a few people were asking me for some more details for my Everbrook Ghost Story. New member so sadly can't post screenshots.

<snip>

Bravo! That was wonderful and definitely worth it! 👏 Thank you for posting more of your story here!

I'm sure you'll reach full member status in no time! If you need it, here's more information on that. Welcome to the forum! 💛

I have to second Shirl's BRAVO here! Thanks so much for coming to take the time to share the depth of all of your wonderful characters from this last QCC theme @FireflyMoonWitch I already loved them and now even more so 💜 My favorite part was valley girl Britney and her "grody" death by flies!

giphy.gif

I'm sorry about the deadline mix-up @x4m1r4 .. Yes, please save them for another time .. or feel free to still share them now as I'm all about the saying "better late than never" :smiley:

I'm running behind on the write up for our next theme. I announced it during our last stream so for now I'll post the creation with the basic directions in the description. I made over of one of my oldest and most embarrassing sims (to me) in my catalog lol 😂 Yea, some of you know the one .. Here's Jett's Set in White refreshed!

MakeOver ♥ GLovelysQCC

[img][/img]AIhgYi0.png

Check out the directions in the image and come back here very soon to review the official theme write up.

Have fun "recreating" one of your sims 💜

@GLovely1 Can it be more than one Sim? I want to share my second upload to the Gallery, which is 8 Sims.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    @x4m1r4 Ah cool thank you! I picked up snowy escape in the end of summer sale so I'm not fully familiar with all its content yet.
  • Options
    GLovely1GLovely1 Posts: 797 Member
    Yea @divanthesimmer if you feel called to give that household a make-over then go for it! I'll get the write up here done asap 💜
    Please join my 💜 Quick Creativity Challenge 💜 forum thread
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• Options
    chluke75chluke75 Posts: 110 Member

Entry to latest GLovelyQCC: Makeover
    Sim: Sarah Rein

Original Upload: The Runaway (Oct. 2017)

00.jpg
    01.jpg

Makeover Upload: The Runaway Update

00.jpg
    01.jpg

After spending a couple of years living on the streets, stealing and scavenging to survive. Sarah was eventually found and taken in by Mama Alwaze. She struggled for a long time to fit into a loving home environment, lashing out at others, and running again several more times. But Mama always managed to find her and bring her back. After much yelling, fighting, hugging, and therapy, Sarah eventually had a breakthrough, and began to live a normal life with Mama and the rest of the outcast teens. Over time, her walls began to come down, and she trusted outsiders again, especially Mama. She finished school, got a job, and struck out on her own, but this time with a positive future ahead. She is no longer the skinny lost teen from the streets, but a beautiful young lady. She has even recently gotten engaged, something she never dreamed would happen after her childhood traumas.

While she is no longer the delinquent she was while living on the streets, she has found it difficult to let go of certain habits, and still attacks a plate of food like she might have to fight off a wild animal to eat it, and she has a habit of taking up every piece of discard scrap she finds and remaking it into little knick-knacks. And though Mama Alwaze has been gone a few years now, Sarah fondly remembers sitting by her rocker, listening to stories of her passed husband and son, while knitting. Some of Sarah's favorite things to wear still, are pieces Mama made for her.
  • Options
    @x4m1r4 Ah cool thank you! I picked up snowy escape in the end of summer sale so I'm not fully familiar with all its content yet.

No problem at all. Have fun exploring it!
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    💜 42nd WEEK CHALLENGE! 💜

I had so much fun strolling down Memory Lane with you last week that I thought, why not, let's dig into all of YOUR creative histories! 💜

Your Challenge:

Think back to your beginning creating in the Sims 4. Is there at least one sim that comes to mind that deserves a little (or a lot) more? That one household that you thought was good but after all the time that's gone by you truly think you could make that good really great. In your catalog, is there a sim that deserves more care? Maybe you accidentally (or purposefully) left them in their underwear? 😂 How about one that you always think of .. that one that means so much to you that you'd love to redo? Now is the time to go in your catalog & find that one sim that is desperate for a makeover. In game pack terms, we can call this another type of sims pack "refresh". ;)

In your description, tell us the title and the date of your original sim/household and explain why you picked them to makeover. Also, share their story again -OR- make them older and share part two of their story -OR- if you didn't give them a story the first time, please give them one now. Challenge yourself to keep ALL of the features you originally chose, including eye and hair color .. no matter how bad you think they are now. For example, I had the misfortune of using those pencil thin eyebrows on my original sim so I had to keep them 😂

Upload to the gallery using the #GLovelysQCC hashtag please.

ENDS ~ Friday 10/8/21 ~ However, it's very helpful to share your creations early so we can have some households full of aweSIM creativity to nominate for a Maxis Fav!

Rules:
    1. Give your selected sim/household the best refresh you possibly can .. really work those CAS sculpting tools while keeping all features the same.
    2. In your description, state the creations original date, share why you chose this sim/household and share or update their story.
    3. Style ALL of your sims fashions, especially the first one, according to the personality or story of your sim(s).
    4. For fairness, please only use Maxis poses, NoCC and no defaults (defaults replace the original Maxis skin/eyes but are not officially tagged as CC).
    5. Custom posed entries which include the use of defaults are permitted as "just for fun" entries only. Posed entries do not have an opportunity to earn a Maxis nomination or fav. In addition, posed entries would not qualify for prize round challenges.
    6. Re-uploaded entries, in other words entries copied from other simmers creations, will be disqualified.
    7. Have a blast creating for our forum and gallery friends!

Please continue posting all your awesome extras like additional story line, pictures, screenshots (limit 4) and the link to your creation in the gallery here! Please tag #GLovelysQCC if you post on Twitter or Instagram!

Mark your calendar for our Personal Sims Refresh Stream ~ Saturday 10/9/21 at 12:00 PM EST on my Twitch channel!

Check out all the fun from our most recent Memory Lane stream here →

💜 You've all got so much love for this game and it constantly shows in everything you create! I appreciate you sharing your creative time with me and our funtabulous forum family over here! ;) Happy CAS creating everyone! 💜
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• Options
    Would it be okay to do a refresh of one of my old builds? A lot of my old sims didn't get transferred over when I bought my new computer so most of my sims are fairly recent. But I've been focusing on improving as a builder and I think some of my original build uploads could definitely use a refresh with my new experience!
  • Options
    Jazmi1396Jazmi1396 Posts: 116 Member
    Entry to 42nd week challenge: Makeover
    Sim: Nyoko
    Original: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/2771CF9BCC6011EB8007486C5771AD1E?category=households&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Jazmi1396&max=50&maxis=false
    Makeover: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/2F37FF03215B11EC8270047BDC94C7FE?category=households&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Jazmi1396&max=50&maxis=false

I don't have old simes, the oldest will only be 1 year old now. I choosed Nyoko because I quickly made an asian-style sim, but I didn’t deal with her much then. I uploaded her about 1 year ago, later I added to her a toddler due a challenge, and shared them again together. I didn’t want to change completely, just refresh her. The original was basegame only, now she got some stuff from the snowy escape and a new hair from the bowling night stuff. Nyoko is as she looks, kind to everyone, gentle and calm.

l0tayh4.jpg
    lx2IhZp.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Would it be okay to do a refresh of one of my old builds? A lot of my old sims didn't get transferred over when I bought my new computer so most of my sims are fairly recent. But I've been focusing on improving as a builder and I think some of my original build uploads could definitely use a refresh with my new experience!

Almost any other time I would have said yes to this .. and I still say go for it. However, my plan for this stream will be different than the rest so far. I'm thinking about staying in CAS to grab the before and after sims from your catalogs. If I do that then I wouldn't be moving sims into any homes in the game world. Maybe you could pick your oldest of the newest sims to makeover?

Also, thank you for creating a lovely refresh of your already lovely Nyoko @Jazmi1396 💜

Luke @chluke75 ~ You're really making me miss your sim story creativity! I hope you continue to find a bit more sims time each month. Thank you for updating Sarah for this challenge 💜
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• Options
    > @GLovely1 said:
    > Almost any other time I would have said yes to this .. and I still say go for it. However, my plan for this stream will be different than the rest so far. I'm thinking about staying in CAS to grab the before and after sims from your catalogs. If I do that then I wouldn't be moving sims into any homes in the game world. Maybe you could pick your oldest of the newest sims to makeover?

Ah no problem, I'll do one of the sims! I've been thinking about it, and there was one who I wasn't quite happy with but couldn't seem to get her face how I wanted it. I'll try refreshing her!
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Oh my this theme is so good!! I have a lot of WIP Sims too! :D

Does it has to be the Sims that we've uploaded to the gallery? Or one that has been living in the library without seeing the rest of the Sims in the gallery? :o
  • Options
    NeoFelis22NeoFelis22 Posts: 194 Member
    x4m1r4 wrote: »
    <snip>
    Does it has to be the Sims that we've uploaded to the gallery? Or one that has been living in the library without seeing the rest of the Sims in the gallery? :o

I think that she said on stream that they could just be old sims; that the sim(s) didn't have to have been uploaded. Hopefully @GLovely1 will chime in here when she has a moment.
  • Options
    <snip>

I think that she said on stream that they could just be old sims; that the sim(s) didn't have to have been uploaded. Hopefully @GLovely1 will chime in here when she has a moment.

Yeah, that is what I understood from the description, but then, this makes me wonder if it has to be on the gallery too. :#

Almost any other time I would have said yes to this .. and I still say go for it. However, my plan for this stream will be different than the rest so far. I'm thinking about staying in CAS to grab the before and after sims from your catalogs. If I do that then I wouldn't be moving sims into any homes in the game world. Maybe you could pick your oldest of the newest sims to makeover?

Also, thank you for creating a lovely refresh of your already lovely Nyoko @Jazmi1396 💜

Luke @chluke75 ~ You're really making me miss your sim story creativity! I hope you continue to find a bit more sims time each month. Thank you for updating Sarah for this challenge 💜

• Options
    edited October 2021
    <snip>

Yeah, that is what I understood from the description, but then, this makes me wonder if it has to be on the gallery too. :#
    <snip>
    However, my plan for this stream will be different than the rest so far. I'm thinking about staying in CAS to grab the before and after sims from your catalogs. If I do that then I wouldn't be moving sims into any homes in the game world. Maybe you could pick your oldest of the newest sims to makeover?
    <snip>

Hmm. Maybe she'll go with uploading the old one(s) and the remade one(s) together? Or uploading the old sim separately with something on one of the the two uploads indicating which is the original that's been remade? I'm just throwing out ideas. ::shrug:: @GLovely1 will have to clarify what's acceptable. I wish that I could be more helpful.
  • Options
    Thanks so much for sharing your helpful ideas here @NeoFelis22 🧡 I think it's just fine to go grab one that you haven't yet shared @x4m1r4 .. try to find your oldest one and choose to share them both together in one household or you can share the "before" sim first. Then separately share the "after" sim. I'm really hoping to have/find/see both the before and after sims during stream but it's not necessary to have the before one if you don't want to share it ;) I hope that helps clarify things guys 🧡
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    For Glovely's QCC I choose one of my old sims to give a makeover. I choose Mei-Li Deng for this. This sim was originally created with the CAS demo on 11 aug 2004. I choose her for the makerover because the sim looked so plain. No make-up and basic boring black clothes. I knew could do better than that.

Mei-Li Deng
    Traits: Materialistic, Romantic, Snob
    Aspiration: Serial Romantic
    Download BEFORE makeover
    Download AFTER makeover

Mei-Li's parents found her yet another husband prospect. She is tired of their matchmaking attempts. She isn't ready for marriage yet and just wants to travel and have some fun.

fotojet_orig.jpg
    befunky-collagemeilideng2_orig.jpg

• Options
    AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited October 2021
    Walking down memory lane with sims and simmers old and new is fun! Thank you @Glovely1 <3
    ……………….

Danika Guerra or The Original Staar Wars Story

Danika – A New Hope or The Makeover Strikes Back >:)

A long time ago (13 months) in a galaxy far far away (AlphaFFrog’s house) Danika Guerra, Batuu resident, Star Wars parody and example of overreaching franchising was born. Now older and in no way wiser, Danika is on the run after taking the drag race part of DarthPaul’s Drag Race way too literally. When four cars exploded in fiery rainbows of taffeta, glitter bombs and Zsa Zsa Binks’ new shoes Danika found herself wanted by a lot of very glittery angry mobsters and an even angrier Zsa Zsa Binks

Danika remembering the good old days when men were men and AlphaFFrog had a say in her outfit selection :neutral:

ehmwdj2.jpg

Looking for a place where she could lie low and ask herself deep questions like "What’s the meaning of life?" and "What would my drag name be?" Danika realised she needed a new look that wasn’t inspired by an explosion in a yoghurt factory. She needed colour, disguisability and more pockets for storing forged currency in. With no (real) money, no friends and a cheery moral ambiguity so wide you could store Zsa Zsa’s entire shoe collection in it, Danika swapped drab for fab with her new "Stolen From Clotheslines" collection. With outfits that scream "Hey! AlphaFFrog just bought Paranormal!" Danika is heading to Henford-On-Bagley for a fresh start, a New Hope … and a kickstarter for Llama Drag Racing ...

Danika, proud of her new look and her giant aubergine jokes*

xEsMqOg.jpg

*Apprentice Drag Llama sold separately :innocent:

Danika Guerra
    Traits: Cheerful, Clumsy, Materialistic
    Aspiration: Serial Romancer
    Skills: Organizing a drag race in a game with no cars in it

Outfits (l-r) Everyday, formal, athletic, sleep, party, swimwear, hot, cold

PVkvxGe.jpg

Note - This is where a picture of Zsa Zsa would be if the thought of it hadn’t broken my computer :unamused:
  • Options
    SueSimmingSueSimming Posts: 42 Member

Before: https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F34FBF9C180711E98B0B0E70B7F05217?category=households&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=SueSimming&max=50&maxis=false

After: https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E26F9E3E24EE11EC8A37047BDC94C7FE?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=SueSimming&max=50&maxis=false

I wanted to just to a make-over but then seeing how much time had passed since I created the household, I felt I had to age them up and tell you what happened in their lives up to now. Back when I created this household, the dad was 3rd generation and I had gotten very attached. Took me ages to find him the right wife and then for some reason, even more time to get them pregnant. When it did happen, the mom died the day after the baby was born from laughter of all things. The weird thing was, after she died the dad would pick up the baby and just stand there with her. No actions queued, no orders given from me, just this sad little Sim standing there with his baby. Broke my bloody heart, so I had him start writing books to keep him busy so the baby could sleep. That is how this story was born, from the Sims themselves. It's always been a special household for me because they felt much more alive and aware then any other household. So this house isn't made-over as much as it's updated.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Riley O'Brien Refresh

Qjsd4PV.jpg
    Gallery description:
    Riley O'Brien's got lots of knowledge, even though he's never set foot in college. One thing he knows is that something's missing; & he's pretty sure it's got to do with kissing. He's looking for that special someone to share his life; until then he will continue to feel this strife. The thought of true love makes his heart lift, 'cause finding a soul mate would be life's best gift. (Chosen because he's the 1rst male sim I made. Created 6/9/19, played with, & uploaded 9/27/19)

Due to playing the original sim before uploading the original, Riley has maxed out 8 BG skills, and is at level 5 or higher in all other base game skills except for Guitar. He's completed 5 BG Aspirations & has 275K simoleans (the original has the normal amount, but because I discovered he's completed the wealth aspiration, I cheated it up to the higher amount.) He has 17 purchased Rewards, as well as the ones he's acquired from Aspirations. Also, he has at least 2 outfits in every category.

As I've done too many times before when I (thought) had finished my entry and was ready to upload, I read the rules again and realized that I would have to make some changes. D'oh! 😉😊 This time, it was how to depict his newly written story (the original has none) and aspiration in his clothing. The pink suit screamed "lookin' for love" to me, so that seemed to me the best featured Everyday outfit (he also has it as one of 4 Formal Outfits.) As for the other categories, I just put what I thought were his hottest looks of each type first.

I don't know if I'll get any screenshots (I have an idea for at least one) up. If I do, I'll add them here.

Edit: The before and after pictures look huge. 🤔 If I get the opportunity, I'll see if I can do something about them. Sorry about that.
    Edit 2: I hope that the pictures seem better now.
    Edit 3: I just noticed that I reversed them! The before is on the right, if you can't tell. 😉
    Post edited by NeoFelis22 on
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Of the few entries posted on the forum, I have to say that they're awesome! 💛 I hope to look at and comment on the gallery ones soon. Trouble sleeping has really thrown my schedule into disarray. 😒

I hope that we'll get to see the original sims that @GLovely1 and @nightlioness made over, since I can't find them (or the gallery won't let me scroll back far enough.) After your comments on stream, @Glovely1 , I really want to see the original! 😁

Edit: Had to add two words I left out of a sentence. Ugh. Brain bad!
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    I chose one of my legacy spares to update. It's been years since I've played with Mina but she was my first alien born in-game...which tells you about how old she was. Playing her at the time it was clear she wanted to be the start but I was a lot pickier about who I played back then and trying hard to follow all of Pinstar's rules so she's barely gotten any playtime.

Mina Pigglewiggle - if she were to speak for herself would work to convince you to add her to her game so she can live a million lives and be a million people. For this update, I gave her a brighter look - I have my own fondness for yellow and it looked amazing with her skin. She's manipulative-evil - not evil-evil. She will always put herself first, but she's not cruel. She does want you to notice her coming your way and stop and chat so hopefully, the refresh makes folks want to stop.

(Shameless blog plug) Day in the Life: Mina

Side by Side
    twomina.png
    New Look
    mina.png

Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top