Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Adding New Underwear too Mature for Sims 4?

I have seen the desire for more sleepwear options and underwear in particular kicked around for a while. At first glance it seems like an odd thing to neglect since there was some in the base game at launch, but I do not really remember any meaningful additions since. There has been a bit more sleepwear, I remember giving some Sims some IL gowns for it, and some skimpy athletic wear and swimwear, but nothing I would really consider lingerie. I suppose it is not particularly necessary since there is not an underwear outfit category anymore, but I get pretty bored with available styles and colors. I have to wonder why it was neglected to this extent.

Now personally, I'd assume at a teen rating more underwear would be like more bikinis and perfectly acceptable. There have been more risky romantic DLC with past entries, so I doubt even adding an underwear outfit category would be the end of the world. However, I do know some locales and people are more sensitive than others. I remember a game having to remove underwear selection from a Steam version of it not too long ago.

So what does everyone else think? Is new underwear too mature for the game and I am just not seeing it?

Is Adding New Underwear too Mature for Sims 4? 201 votes

Adding New Underwear is Not too Mature for the Sims 4 and its Teen Rating
97%
Akl500Pcrocobauraauroraael14CK213bshag4lvtams2578GoldmoldarGalacticGalIcewolfLaBlue0314SamadamsPlayerPinkPaws66alexspoom13Celticgamer0AlexainekotlcAyradyssjonilla1MylitaPlayerSinger2010 196 votes
Adding New Underwear is too Mature for the Sims 4 and its Teen Rating
0%
Rouensims 1 vote
Adding New Underwear is too Mature for a Teen Rating, but Not the Sims 4
0%
couchpotatovet101 1 vote
Adding New Underwear is Not too Mature for a Teen Rating, but it is for the Sims 4
1%
BloosmooCinebartexxx78 3 votes

Comments

• VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    There was no "Underwear is overrated" option. :innocent: Yes, I would have picked it. :naughty:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    There was no "Underwear is overrated" option. :innocent: Yes, I would have picked it. :naughty:

Fair enough. I avoid using it a fair bit since it feels like I would end up with a whole neighborhood wearing the same panties if I didn't sometimes. At bare minimum I wish the old stuff could get some new colors.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    We already see underwear models in ads everywhere. Even modern bikinis are looking more like low coverage underwear. It wouldn’t be the most shocking thing for them to add more variety to the game. I’m sure someone would complain, but there’s always someone.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited October 2021
    Just gimme more underwear already. Everybody wears it.
    That’s a bold statement. 😅
    It's hygienic.
    Also quite a bold statement depending on ….let’s not get carried away.

These days I fail to recognize the difference between underwear and party wear (not referring to Sims only) but if we’re talking about lingerie I suppose the game may be lacking? Does the level of age - appropriateness not all depend on the material and the cut? You see there’s underwear and there’s “underwear” with the latter leaning more towards teasing wear. Lace or satin communicates something entirely different compared to cotton.
    I doubt we’ll ever be seeing items like say, thongs in-game, or whatever you call those things, even though so many folks - including teens - wear it. I only know because I see them wear it, whether I want to or not. The game will immediately cover that part with mosaic. In many cases I wished that happened in RL too.

In all fairness though I’m ok with whatever’s in game, my sims don’t spend a lot of time in the bedroom, although I can’t really see a problem with adding more. Sims 3 offers a pretty spicy underwear section as far as I recall.

Due to the T rating, the kind of underwear I use in my game will never be vanilla anyway so I have CC for that.
    Happy to share what that is: an ordinary pair of boxers with a BULGE. I tend to De-Kennify all my male Sims because I feel quite sad for them.

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,941 Member
    I'm just gonna say I've never really understood rating/censoring rules and when they censor some things it gets very ridiculous

(in some countries enough to demonize something completely normal and make it even weirder and more problematic)

but in case of sims and underwear... well for one sims wouldn't expose any more of their body than they normally would...

and why wouldn't they be allowed cute looking underwear?
    I am puzzled.

maybe id feel differently if the underwear was very.... whats a word that forums wont censor erm... roleplayish? which would make it seem more of a weird woohooy thing than just thing to wear
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »

And as long as nudity is pixelated, it's still rated T. And I have sims who would prefer to (be allowed to) sleep nude.

I can put male sims in feminine bikini bottoms already.

SURELY some new fashion choices for male underwear would do no harm. I specify male because that is where player choice is most limited - to two pair of base game shorts.

If Bhakti's naughty apprentice Beejay here is rated T - and he is, I am using no mods to raid the Ladies' Department - then I cannot imagine more choice among undergarments is an M-rated no-no.

wGEzLcr.png
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I don't think adding new undies is too mature. Isn't that a normal thing a good majority of people wear?

But, I personally have never understood what we needed underwear for in any of the sims games. Sim's don't strip down to them when they get in the bath or shower, or before they get into bed to reveal them. They can be unfiltered to use as pajamas if you wanted to actually see them.

Plus, there are already some cheeky lace panties in the game that already show a little more bum-bum than "kid-friendly, non-suggestive" panties would. I'm not sure how adding more would make it more risque than what we already have.
    K8t9tSd.png

And besides that, my other argument for it not being too mature is the fact that ....... they added "Clothing Optional" lot trait and "Free Love NAPs" where people can just wander around buck nekkid (and do)!

So yeah ..... more undie options is definitely NOT too mature for TS4 in my eyes.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    edited October 2021
    I thought no underwear was considered mature? If they are dressed, however skimpily, how can that be considered too mature? Anyway, there's not enough underwear, sleepwear and swimwear options in game.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited October 2021
    It's underwear, we all wear it. In my experience teens know a lot more about mature stuff than they are given credit for so if this is with regard to them adding in attractive lingerie type underwear then yeah I see no issue with it.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    It shouldn't be a problem, I think most countries have accepted underwear in the sims4, those that didn't or don't agree with the way the game is portraying sims have either raised the rating or banned the game already.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I have no doubt that the lack of sleepwear is due to the intent to provide a sleepwear/bedroom pack eventually.
    Like TS3.
    71MtV9cYIDL._SL1074_.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited October 2021
    I don't think adding new undies is too mature. Isn't that a normal thing a good majority of people wear?

But, I personally have never understood what we needed underwear for in any of the sims games. Sim's don't strip down to them when they get in the bath or shower, or before they get into bed to reveal them. They can be unfiltered to use as pajamas if you wanted to actually see them.

Plus, there are already some cheeky lace panties in the game that already show a little more bum-bum than "kid-friendly, non-suggestive" panties would. I'm not sure how adding more would make it more risque than what we already have.
    K8t9tSd.png

And besides that, my other argument for it not being too mature is the fact that ....... they added "Clothing Optional" lot trait and "Free Love NAPs" where people can just wander around buck nekkid (and do)!

So yeah ..... more undie options is definitely NOT too mature for TS4 in my eyes.
    I'd add being able to change into nude, streaking as a holiday tradition (which also causes sims to wander around in their birthday suit, casually), "Dare to Streak", and skinny-dipping in pretty much anything with water to that list.

I'm surprised when people point to the rating as the reason they won't add new underwear and lingerie, given the nature of some of the features added in certain packs ("Dirty little hoarder", anyone?). One could argue that sugar-coated adult things are different from lingerie, but given the sheer scope of that industry, even if your hands were tied on how skimpy you could go on clothing, there are still an incalculable amount of nigh and non-adult examples to reference from.
    Post edited by KyreRoen on
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    Please don't tell me the internet is coming for my underwear next. How modest can we be before we tumble back into puritanical prissiness? Let's speculate!

There's all kinds of modest undergarments from current day to vintage that could be added like boy shorts, hipster panties, sleep tanks, frilly Victorian night gowns of varying lengths, full flannel PJs, bloomers and billowy shift tops, jersey sleep pants and shorts, sleep tees, short robes, sleep leggings, Void Critter jammies for grownups, fuzzy fleece wear, funny onesies for adults, and more. And we do already have a couple of lingerie options so a few more shouldn't throw the game into a scandal. In my own game I tend to use some of the everyday clothing for sleepwear to get a variety, especially for my vintage households.

Honestly, we see more skin at the beach and in bikini ads so I don't know what the big deal is. Besides, in the US some people actually go out in their jammies these days (I guess they're fashionable?) so we could really use more in this category. I'll tell ya now, if we get Void Critter or Llama onesies, my Sims are wearing them everywhere!
    #Team Occult
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    They took out the underwear category? :open_mouth: I have a rather 'mature' sleepwear item that isn't cc, but came with the game. If this teddy is included, why not underwear? Unless you're talking about the type I would never wear even in my youth, that is …
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Do teens not wear underwear? Besides, there are already some pretty racy selections in there, including ones that are pretty much see-through.

As an aside, none of my Sims get underwear, except for the ones who are wearing it out in public with no bottoms over them lol
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    I don't think adding new underwear is too mature for the game, but adding the underwear that I want probably would be. :D
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    I don't think so (also long as that underwear isn't a removal of the blocky censor lol)
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Have you all seen the stuff people are wearing in rl?? Nope, I do not think adding underwear is too mature for Sims 4. Hopefully it won't be in Sims 5 either. :#
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited October 2021
    Nope and honestly elder, teens, children, and toddlers need new underwear too. Babies well are objects so it is harder to, but once they become a life stage again, yes I would love new diaper and onesies options for them too. I have never been a fan of the dental/poop floss underwear myself for any gender. But I could see more lace options for Sims done.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    edited October 2021
    I wish having more underwears styles and in all colors of the rainbow... And the purple color in the game look like more pink to me than purple. I want more purple (cool tone).
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Plus, Sims 4 needs new Sexy Sleepwears. ;)
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    I've seen old people walking around in bikinis and speedos. A sim wearing underwear doesn't phase me in the slightest.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    I don't even understand why would adding new underwear be too mature for Sims 4. I would've chosen the first option, but the "teen rating" confused me also. I'm from Finland and underwear in here is a normal thing. I don't understand the ratings in this case. I'd just answer that I would like more underwear in general for my Sims and they don't need to be teen rated, children wear underwear too.
    I'm always up for new clothes for my Sims and I would like more swimwear too, both for all ages.
    Sexy lingerie doesn't have to be rated either. We already have lacy bra and panties in the base game, so... why would they have a problem of adding more.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Too mature? No.

Do I want it? Also no.