Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many romantic interests do your Sims usually have?

13...Next

Comments

• IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    2-5. There's more than one fish in the sea, but not too many.
    It really varies by the sim. I have one guy who I swear is always going to be true to his One - his computer. He and his computer are inseparable and I got tired of trying to pair him off with another sim. Now he lives in limbo, but I see him often anyway, as a random townie. In general, I'll let them chat with a few people before deciding who they are going to marry.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    One. My Sims find The One, or enter the Simworld as half of a couple.
    I have a tendency to not only create the Sims I play, but also their potential spouses. In one iteration of my Celebrity Sim's life, I created five female Sims for him to choose from. Getting the them to 'bump' into each other was problematic, at best. But, eventually he did meet them. One behaved very badly when his fans fawned all over him, so she was almost ruled out. Erik doesn't like it when his girlfriend beats up a fan for asking for an autograph. She was a very selfish Sim in that when he was with her, nobody else existed. She made that very clear. In the end, he called off the wedding suggesting it was her idea to help her 'save face'. He just couldn't do it. It made for some fun, but I would much rather my Sims recognize the Sim they are with isn't right for them before they reach the wedding arch, rather than to divorce afterward.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    My sims tend to have only one or two, I'm not much for causing drama unless it's something my sims want which is almost never in the Sims 4.
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Most have only one.
  • beathappeningbeathappening Posts: 11 New Member
    I always create a married couple from the get-go or I pair them up with either Caleb or Wolfgang depending on age.
  • LouisaB75LouisaB75 Posts: 8 New Member
    Generally mine have between 2 and 5 depending on how long it takes to find someone compatible who isn't going to get tense because they have different tastes in furniture.

That is actual romantic interests that they are dating and not just random people who suddenly became romantic interests because someone decided to flirt in the middle of a group conversation.
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 954 Member
    edited October 2021
    None. My Sims fly solo and don't pursue romance.
    Usually none if I have the choice. Sometimes, I don't.

No, my sims don't really fly solo. I tend to move two sims of opposite together and leave next moves to them.
  • JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    More interested in exploring worlds, maxing skills & having multiple careers. Only need the +1 to help with the kids, run the house, extra income & New Year's date.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    My Sims date prospective mates several times before I decide which one is the best candidate for marriage, and children, with a particular Sim. I usually start a new save with six main Sims, 3 males and 3 females. They become friends with one another and go out as a group on outings. Then I sit back and watch them interact to see if there are any natural attractions going on. If I see two Sims that seem to be seeking out one another, I'll send them off on a couple of dates by themselves and see how things go. If the attraction grows naturally, I will set them up in a home together. There's no rushing any Sims into getting married and having babies in my games. It is a slow process that I put a lot of time into so I can be sure the couple will remain happy. And I always allow my Sims to decide which gender they prefer. If that means my Sims date two or ten other Sims before I see any attraction, then that's just the way it goes. I have had a few Sims that prefer to be single and don't seem to be interested in a long term relationship, too. I don't use the non-committal trait as a rule, but I have come across Sims that would rather not be tied down.
  • MelanieScribblesMelanieScribbles Posts: 161 Member
    I voted this because most of my Sims end up meeting 'the one' eventually: If my Sims have exes, though, they have 3 at most. The Sim they end up marrying is either a high school sweetheart, or a Sim I specifically made to be their soulmate. And usually, that soulmate is a first love: If I really like playing them as a couple, then they get to have children. For the record: I do play on infinite lifespan, so nobody ages up until I feel like it. And I often bring really beloved Sims of mine back as ghosts, bonus points if they died as an Elder and have the Knitting skill. Nobody in the household knows how that sweater got there, but they can feel the love that went into making it...

But sometimes, I just add exes to my Sim's life for drama's sake... Usually, the ex is either the argumentative type, only there for the money or fame, or just generally not the best person to be around. The breakup is going to be nasty, but the Soulmate will probably end up meeting them once my Sim feels ready to get back into dating.

I also use exes to kind of deliver some karmic retribution to my Evil and Mean Sims. In their case, the partner usually ends up cheating on my Sim, they find out eventually, and give the soon-to-be-ex the boot. If they're wealthy, then don't think for a minute that the golddigger wife stays faithful: there's usually more then one Sim she invites over while my Sim is at work or otherwise not on the lot... Sometimes, if my played Sim has been particularly heinous, someone gets pregnant and my Sim ends up with an illegitemate heir that they may or may not know of. And it's definitely not out of the question for that illegitemate child to have the Good trait. Nope, those sims are not escaping karma just because they're a played household... :D
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    Normally when my Sims find someone that they're interested in, I trial it out with three dates. If all three dates are successful and everyone seems to be having a good time, then they take it further. If not; they both move on and try again with someone else.
    On an old save, I had a random event happen where the woman asked her husband whether or not he'd agree to an open relationship (I was using the Slice of Life mod at the time), he said no and they ended up divorcing. She then got with someone else and had a child by him before even trying the three dates thing. So sometimes my games don't always work out the way I want them to, but it keeps things interesting.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I think I usually have them date one or two sims before they find the love of their life.
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    Most my sims enter a relationship, get married, children, then divorce. They remarry, and then they get divorced again. One of my sims was divorced 2 times till he finally got with his teenage love, and had 2 children with her. I love my sims getting married, but I hVe a habit of their love life being straight up depressing after a while. One of my other sims is stuck in an eternally controlling marriage, but she convinces herself her husband loves her and is trying to protect her. The sim I mentioned earlier with the 2 divorces married a wicked women, had twins by her, then she divorced him shortly after giving birth to their son (which he never saw again), and continued to do the tango with a random man in front of him. He therefor married Eliza, and she died in a fire. His granddaughter married, and was divorced when she was about to go in labor. As a rebound she married her paparazzi who she really doesn’t love, but continued to have a billion children with him.

Yea. My sims simply can’t have a happy relationship.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    I'm playing a game right now with a married couple to see how many boyfriends/girlfriends they can each get before their marriage is completely destroyed. It's kind of fun >:)