March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who to pair with Brandi and why?

Comments

• EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Nobody
    Last time I played her a few laptops ago, I left her single, sent Dustin to University with Angela Pleasant, and let Brandi raise Beau and her new baby.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Darren Dreamer
    Both are single parents and widows, so they would have a lot in common. It also irks me that the game sets Darren up to be romantic with Cassandra. She's way too young for him. Darren and Brandi both have teenage sons so they're closer in age.
  • thisfatfunnylifethisfatfunnylife Posts: 7 New Member
    Darren Dreamer
    In my game, a lot of my Pleasantview Sims have multiple marriages. In Brandi's case she first marries Malcom Landgraab because she's jealous of her friend Dina marrying rich. Only Brandi finds out Malcom is cruel, abusive and cold. After Mortimer dies Dina eventually steals Malcom away from Brandi and Malcom kicks her out on the street even though she gave birth to two of his children, a daughter and then his heir/son. Brandi and Darren always have 3 bolts of chemistry and have a great friendship throughout their time in Pleasantview and while her own children from before: Dustin, Beau and Skip Jr won't take her in, she's left homeless and goes to crash on the only place she knows... Darren's couch. He takes her in, feels sorry for her, they end up having pity woohoo and she becomes pregnant yet again. Darren does the honorable thing and marries her. They stay married some what happily until he dies. By this point, it's their third marriage for both of them because Darren had already married someone else before Brandi (it's complicated and another story lol). While I never see Brandi or Darren passionately in love with each other, they have a great friendship and do find each other attractive (3 bolts) and find it easy to talk to one another.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Nobody
    @thisfatfunnylife Why "Dustin, Beau and Skip Jr won't take her in"? How saaaaad
  • PingliPingli Posts: 8 New Member
    Nobody
    I always played her as a strong single independent mom.
  • thisfatfunnylifethisfatfunnylife Posts: 7 New Member
    Darren Dreamer
    > @Karon said:
    > @thisfatfunnylife Why "Dustin, Beau and Skip Jr won't take her in"? How saaaaad

It really is... In my game I made Brandi be more of a villain than others usually play her. I think she's the type who see's what she wants and goes for it despite what it might cost those around her... like it just seems suspicious to me that she's such good friends with Dina and Nina who are notoriously known for also being selfish Sims. Like why would they be all such good friends with only her? I always thought it was weird. Basically Brandi is jealous of Dina now living this rich lifestyle and becomes a bit of a gold digger herself albeit for slightly different ulterior motives (being a family sim and all) and abandons her family of Dustin, Beau and Skip Jr for Malcome Landgraab. She's just assumes Dustin can handle it which of course... makes Dustin very bitter. They already don't have a strong relationship when you start the game and this just makes it worse.
  • NyxValkoinenNyxValkoinen Posts: 15 Member
    Daniel Pleasant
    I usually break Daniel and Mary-Sue up, have him do a bachelor thing for a moment, then eventually get with Brandi. When he does, I typically change his aspiration to wealth or family instead of keep it romance. I like to think after his divorce he took a long look at himself and realized he was an idiot, but also that it was too late to get his wife back, so he changed his ways and moved on for the better.
  • LouisaSMLouisaSM Posts: 21 Member
    I usually get a matchmaker for Brandi - I honestly don't know what townie she would go with
  • delicadodelicado Posts: 4 New Member
    Nobody
    I paired her with Gilbert Jacker or I don't remember his last name, the guy from J'adore Bakery living in Bluewater Village with his elder mother
  • DivaDogsDivaDogs Posts: 20 Member
    Don Lothario
    Don Lothario is my daughter's favorite sim, so I feel obligated to pick him :D.
  • JustKeepSimming2JustKeepSimming2 Posts: 31 Member
    Goopy GilsCarbo
    Gloopy is my favorite so of course I pick him!
  • beathappeningbeathappening Posts: 11 New Member
    Darren Dreamer
    Darren Dreamer because both their spouses died and their kids look good.
  • LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    Depends. I've had her be with Darren, no one, randoms, etc.

This time, I added I think 6? sims to the town to ensure there's fresh blood (that aren't the ugly townies lol). One has already been involved heavily with Nina, so there is a possibility there.

Right now Cassandra is with Don, Daniel with Kaylynn, Dina with Mortimer, the Burbs and Oldies unchanged. I haven't gotten too far in my rotation. Only endgame I see is Dina and Mortimer (atleast until he dies, which is fast approaching), and Nina with Don. Not in a marriage way, but Roomies with benefits :p. Still leaves plenty of options for Brandi, and I usually let the sims take the lead when it comes to romance.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    I say nobody because there'll probably be another "Pool accident" if you catch my drift.

this :smirk:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    Why is there no other option? lol Basically what i do is Remake the "dead, non-ressurectable sims" as my own, with their genetics as close as possible. I basically recreated skip broke and had them marry!
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 469 Member
    Ressurect Skip Broke
    I voted resurrect her husbands but now I want to try these other sims!
  • SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    Played Brandi and made her very successful. She was a challenge to me because she was also pregnant and not showing, living in that run down trailer house.
    Her 2 children in school, she didn't have a job. But I like challenges. Had her children finish school, and she learned Arts and crafts. It was a lot of hard work because Dustin was the only one who could help around the house, and he had to go to school. Beau could only do small things.
    For her mate, I made a new sim after having her scope the room at a public place. Then I made a Sim I thought she would like because there were no single men sims for her, and nobody likes her. Brandi always has this expression on her face like she's not happy.
    She is now a very skilled Painter, pottery maker, and her older son graduated from college, and Beau just graduated but Brandi is always trying to chase after her older son, Dustin, like he's her bf. So I had to stop playing them for a little while. There's no way to fix that.
  • Crimson_ShieldCrimson_Shield Posts: 3 New Member
    I always add more custom Townies to my Neighborhoods, and paired her with one of them. A female one, actually! I feel like she wouldn't really be able to be with another guy after Skip, so she tried something new.
  • sonicgamersonicgamer Posts: 31 Member
    John Burb
    The last time I played Pleasantview, I paired Brandi up with Darren Dreamer; the one daughter they had together was slightly lighter than Darren and had his dark blue eyes. This time, I'm planning on pairing her up with John Burb just to shake things up. Both are family sims and each of them have had adorable babies.
  • EleriEleri Posts: 534 Member
    edited November 2022
    Mortimer Goth
    I picked Mortimer Goth because I felt like it might be fun to have her marry rich and live the easy life for a change. What I really did was have her work hard to become a successful superhero. Dustin and Beau contributed to the family finances a little before they moved out. I think Greg (Baby) was a teen when Brandi moved the two of them to a bigger house with an orchard and hired Grayson Butler. The spark between Brandi and Grayson was more than either of them could ignore. It started as an affair but eventually became a stable relationship.

Meanwhile . . . Dustin's bad boy phase gave way to a determination to restore the Broke family's reputation by becoming a business mogul. Dina saw that he was going to make it big and hitched her wagon to him. Eventually they became a power couple. Self-absorbed athlete Beau, on the other hand, was a screw up. He had a baby with his wife (Darren Dreamer's daughter 🐸🐸🐸🐸) and his mistress Cally, and was an uninvolved father to both of them. While Beau and 🐸🐸🐸🐸's marriage was crashing and burning, nobody was taking care of their son. When worse came to worst Brandi had to adopt the boy out of foster care.

More time passed, good-time-charlie Greg married a wealthy older woman and moved out. Brandi and Grayson finally tied the knot. Cally, who was at least as irresponsible as Beau, ended up having her baby taken away, so Brandi and Grayson co-adopted him.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    Darren Dreamer
    To think that if we (or I) played the game in a realistic way but still included all those supernatural stuff, resurrecting Skip makes no sense, as Brandi and her sons are not in a position to acquire Resurrect -O-Nomitron. She or her sons can always join paranormal career, but it seems like this was not how they were destined.

Of course, this is The Sims and there are countless scenarios, and someone else can do otherwise. If I were to resurrect Skip, I would use the unborn son for paranormal career, though, and let Brandi stay unemployed.

On the other hand, I always like to make her and Darren marry. They are both single and broke. They would do a good family.
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 949 Member
    edited December 2022
    A "Sim State University" student
    I play Pleasantview with La Fiesta Tech. I am not sure what to do with Brandi in my present game, though.

You might look into the male sims in the fraternity.

I forgot the "why". Brandi needs some help with the children, and a teenager should not spend his time raising his brothers. Sims graduated from college have a chance of better careers than other sims, meaning they add more funds to the household.
    Post edited by BoergeAarg61 on
  • lunaireminoulunaireminou Posts: 6 New Member
    Nobody
    i haven't reached the point of pairing her with anyone bc my pleasantview dies whenever i add the oldies, or i just take a long break from ts2 before anything can happen, but one i'll always avoid is darren dreamer & her together, just bc of my personal lore reasons.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I made a Sim for her who was in law enforcement. He moved in a house near hers so met her during the welcome visit. He took Dustin under his wing and convinced him to give up the criminal life, which impressed Brandi. They fell in love and were very happy!
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    Eca wrote: »
    To think that if we (or I) played the game in a realistic way but still included all those supernatural stuff, resurrecting Skip makes no sense, as Brandi and her sons are not in a position to acquire Resurrect -O-Nomitron. She or her sons can always join paranormal career, but it seems like this was not how they were destined.

Of course, this is The Sims and there are countless scenarios, and someone else can do otherwise. If I were to resurrect Skip, I would use the unborn son for paranormal career, though, and let Brandi stay unemployed.

On the other hand, I always like to make her and Darren marry. They are both single and broke. They would do a good family.

To be fair, resurrection is also possible via the Genie lamp, which can be randomly delivered at almost any time. I tend to get it so often that several of my adult or elder residents are using the EA youth wish I re-enabled with a mod to go to university for those sweet want slots.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.