Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rainbow Sundae: A very berry legacy! (Updates sporadically)

1192021222325...Next

Comments

• TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    Thanks for tagging me <3
    It gets abundantly intense :o
    Jett seems a little too confident .... and Emerald / Emily lives a dangerous double life. I hope none of them are in danger :fearful:
    Keoni <3
    I think it's so nice to meet him in your universe .... even though I fear for his life :#
    I have written a short story about Keoni's birth and how he became a vampire. I feel like sharing it when my current story is over. (Right now I have plenty to do :) )

@MonaSolstraale <3

It gets super intense.
    Don't worry, Keoni will come out safe and sound. He's too cute to ever kill!

Jett's confidence might come from a drink or two too many, cause he's talking really big to a very scary man.

I'm excited to see the back story for Keoni!
    Sorry I haven't posted the next chapter yet... I've been super duper busy with work and my comic work, but I did get a little random thing made just cause it was a fun distraction...

I may have turned Jett and Emi into a weird movie poster:

gen6movieposter.jpg

So whatcha think?
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    I think it’s really beautiful :love:
    It has the right 50’s movie poster vibe over it that males me think of older movie posters whit Humphrey Bogart B)
    Hey everyone... As some of you may be aware, I will not be continuing Rainbow Sundae. My heart just isn't in it anymore and to top things off... I lost the save file. *facepalm*

You can read my excuses on the blog, but I wanted to finish things up... so I spent some time and recreated as best as I could the characters and stuff to create a quick Epilogue.

It's a little stream of conscious and there's a lot more I would have added in the story... but it does give you the idea of what was going to happen this generation. At least from what I remember... It's been a while.

Rainbow Sundae: The End

Well anyway... I want to thank everyone for reading and I hope you enjoyed your stay. Take care and be safe!
    I also wanted to thank everyone that let me use their Sim during the course of this story. A great big shout out to @pammiechick, @afai1261, and @MonaSolstraale. Thank you again!

And thank you to @Queenarella for letting me use multiple of her Sims through the generations. <3<3<3
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    I've just read the first couple chapters but am enjoying very much so far :) What a creative story!
    gen3-banner.png
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    edited December 2020
    Thanks again to you for using Keoni in your story and a big thank you for introducing me to Writers’ Lounge 🙏
    Did you read the latest chapter in my story?
    Here you meet Keoni for the first time 😉
    It was really nice to read your script. It provided a kind of ending to your narrative.
    I hope that in time you will feel like a new project.
    NB: I saw you in another thread mentioned that you publish comics. It made me curious.
    I've just read the first couple chapters but am enjoying very much so far :) What a creative story!

@mightysprite Thank you! I'm really glad to hear you're enjoying it!
    Thanks again to you for using Keoni in your story and a big thank you for introducing me to Writers’ Lounge 🙏
    Did you read the latest chapter in my story?
    Here you meet Keoni for the first time 😉
    It was really nice to read your script. It provided a kind of ending to your narrative.
    I hope that in time you will feel like a new project.
    NB: I saw you in another thread mentioned that you publish comics. It made me curious.

@MonaSolstraale You're welcome! I'm glad I could introduce you to everyone!

I haven't gotten a chance to yet. I will read the latest chapters tonight!

I'm glad you enjoyed the ending. I wanted to do more and expand more on Keoni and Candy's relationship, but I was trying to get everything down at least to give some sort of closure to the overall plot.

Yeah! I do write and draw comics. I don't have any posted right now, but I have some of my illustrations on my Instagram
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I love this story! Always will be here for it but understand that life gets in the way...

Hugs to you and thanks for letting us know about it!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    Continuing to catch up! Just in case there are other new readers here I'll put the Gen 2.0 "spoiler" in a spoiler tag
    Aiden's reaction to Anita becoming a plantsim is awesome. "Don't be scared..." "What? That makes me scared."
    So funny!
    gen3-banner.png
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2021
    I left this comment on your blog but thought I would post it here too:

I've read through your whole legacy now (I know I know I'm really late to the party) and I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed it. You're an amazing writer and I've been hooked by each generation's storyline. I'm glad that you decided to do an epilogue for gen 6 even though you decided not to continue.
    Also, I think Jett and Roland make a great couple! And it makes me happy that Candy and Keoni also got together in your game.

I know you said that you lost the save, but do you know what Thalia and Jett's daughter was going to look like as a YA? I'm super curious.
    A million years late, but thank you @mightysprite and @MaggieMarley for the comments! It means a lot to hear that people enjoyed my story.
    Wow, it's been literally months now since @MaggieMarley asked: What would Jett and Thalia's daughter have looked like as a Young Adult.

I had been meaning to pull up the save since she asked that question, cause it got me curious too... well I finally did it.

Here is what Generation 7 would have looked like!

I've also gone ahead and uploaded NoCC versions of every single generation onto the Sims 4 Gallery. That way they are preserved forever. There are a few different version of several generations. Pulled from backups that I was able to recover.

I never did recover the actual save for Jett, Emi and vampire gang... but I do have the recreated crew up. This is the version I used for the epilogue and the Jett and Thalia that produced the theoretical Generation 7.

I know... I know. The Rainbow Sundae crew look weird without their berry colors. :s But this way, anyone can enjoy them and if they want... they can dip them in some berry paint. ;)
    They look so weird without their berry colors and some of the gallery pictures are so funny... just cause they don't match the characters at all.

My personal favorite is teenage Aurora and Austen... Austen looks so shy and nerdy. Like really that plum-hole? Shy???! Haha.

screenshot-2021-09-30-182949.jpg
    Thank you so much for answering my question! I LOVE how Sloane looks (great name btw, suits her too), she turned out so beautiful and in a really unique way too. I agree, she got a good mix of her parents' features.

Also on a random note: your whole story has made me really wish that we had all those berry skin colours in game - they're just so cute! But I don't use CC :'(
    edited October 2021
    @MaggieMarley I'm so glad you like her! She really is beautiful and unique. Sloane is a super cool name. Thanks random roller. Hehe.

I wish they had added the berry skin colors in the game when they did the massive skin tone update. The few unnatural colors we have, the alien, spellcaster, and vampire colors are soooo amazing. I love how customizable they are with the sliders... and it makes me really sad that they didn't update it to include more unnatural colors! Just giving us a crayon box of shades so we can customize and make rainbow colored sims without overloading CC folders.

For example:
    details.jpg

That is my folder of just the berry skin tone, hair recolors, and some skin markings. (Like Emi's colorful vitiligo) And this isn't even up to date! I haven't downloaded the recolors for the last couple of expansions. *shocked face*

I just compared it with my normal non-berry mod setup... NoBerry: 87.1 MB vs. Berry: 9.08 GB
    Holy Macaroni!!!! No wonder my games were always choking. *cry*

Other random note:
    I named my Berry CC folder Cold Noodles cause the primary CC creator for the berry sim community is a creator named Tai Noodles.
    Post edited by TheYayToast on
    @TheYayToast that's a lot of CC! I've told myself that once TS4 ends and is no longer being updated, I'll go and get lots of CC for my game so maybe then I can have some berry coloured sims in my game :) or maybe they will eventually add more unnatural colours - maybe when they finally get round to giving us fairies?

Even though I don't have CC and in normal gameplay the only mod I generally have installed is MCCC, my game still messes up a lot so I wouldn't blame your CC for that!
    Hi there. I completed the Too Many Toddlers challenge last night with a non-berry version of Anita.

If you're interested in checking it out, here's my randomness thread: Link to Stuff