Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Asking to stay over

Every time I searched for an answer to this I only saw people talking about inviting an NPC to stay over but I'm looking for the other way around. I remember when my sim was visiting his mother's house, he had the option to ask her 'Can I stay over?' He was an adult and she was an elder. I noticed I couldn't do the same for his daughter who was a child. Now I have a teen and I've noticed that option also isn't coming up with her adult father. Is that option just for YA - Elder? If so is there any mods or anything to allow teens and kids to use that option too?
6Y6GB8R.png

Comments

• CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited October 2021
    I believe that is normally a romantic option also it is affected by time of day like after 4:00 PM

Anyway for teen isn't it generations that came with the option to have sleepover BTW it is a party type just like throwing any other party except it is for the younguns

Go to your throw party as usual

EDITED TO MENTION TIME IS IMPORTANT
    Post edited by CravenLestat on
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited October 2021
    The ask to stay over is not a romantic option. I don't use it, so I don't know all the details about how it works, though I think I may have seen the option with a child sim who had gone home with another child after school. It could be that a child can only ask another child if they can sleep over.
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    The ask to stay over is not a romantic option. I don't use it, so I don't know all the details about how it works, though I think I may have seen the option with a child sim who had gone home with another child after school. It could be that a child can only ask another child if they can sleep over.

It IS!! a romantic option the reason I know is because I use it and know the details

When you have a romantic interest in the game as long as it is later in the day you have the option to ask them to stay over at your sims home

DfydFiZ.gif
  • jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member

It IS!! a romantic option the reason I know is because I use it and know the details

When you have a romantic interest in the game as long as it is later in the day you have the option to ask them to stay over at your sims home

I'm referring to asking to stay at the NPC's house not your own sim's home. It is not under romantic because my active sim asked this to his NPC mother and the option was under friendly, it was 'Can I stay over?' and then a notification comes up with her saying yes so he was able to sleep at her house without being kicked out at 3am. I do remember that it was later in the evening that he got to ask.
    6Y6GB8R.png
    edited October 2021

I'm referring to asking to stay at the NPC's house not your own sim's home. It is not under romantic because my active sim asked this to his NPC mother and the option was under friendly, it was 'Can I stay over?' and then a notification comes up with her saying yes so he was able to sleep at her house without being kicked out at 3am. I do remember that it was later in the evening that he got to ask.

Yes it is a romantic option for your home or a NPC's home *Continue reading*

I just now took the time to go in game and chose the worse scenario

Booted up Barnacle Bay Chose to play as Dave Piece

Dave is the ex boyfriend of Odessa Cross they despise each other

First thing I did was go to HER house and get friendly then after that started romantic options (not steady GF) just kiss etc to be a romantic interest waited until it was time

After 4:00 PM if you are in the home of a NPC you have a romantic interest with you get the option of "Can I stay over"

I am now staying the night with her meaning I can shower there eat there rummage through her fridge etc etc

Here is me now cannot deny this is in fact Odessa Cross's home I am in and am staying the night

CdaTe7E.png

The option does not appear until after 4:00 PM in the game

SCENARIO TWO NON ROMANTIC went to one of this sims preset Barnacle Bay friends Moe Pesce's house knocked on the door

he answered invited me in...

Since it is after 4 PM I have the option to "Can I stay over"

Here my sim is in HIS!! home now staying the night

pII1ug4.png

There is your answer

DfydFiZ.gif
  • jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    Thank you for testing but my question was if teens can also use this interaction which I'm starting to believe they cannot and only YA and above can do it.
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited October 2021
    Please note that not everything in the official Prima Guide is accurate, however, according to the official guide it says:

Ask to Stay Over is under the Friendly Commodity (So make sure in the upper left corner of the screen the two Sims are under Friendly for this social interaction to show up) and the actor ages are: C, T, Y, A, E
    I think I remember having a child and seeing this show up and was surprised because I didn't know children could ask to stay over...or didn't remember because there's a lot in TS3 to keep tabs on, lol.

Also note there is a specific time range when this social interaction shows up such as 5pm - ?. May be inaccurate since I do not recall writing it down and investigating this further as I did with the times and days of breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner.

Edit: To clarify, the Ask to Stay Over social interaction is both under the Friendly and Amorous commodities under the appropriate actor ages.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    That's how I remember it, being both a friendly option and a romantic one. I haven't done it in a long time but I remember either way you have to talk them up first no matter the relationship looks like. I've never tried to use the interaction as a child or teen though.

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited October 2021

I should have been more clear. I don't use it, but I have had it come up as a friendly interaction in the past. It came up when my sim children or teens were visiting in a friend's house after school. But I never let my sim kids go home with anyone after school anymore, because when they did, the other kid completely ignored them, and the parents scolded them if they got food out of the refrigerator if the parents didn't feed them at suppertime, even though their kid would have taken food out of my sims' refrigerator if they were visiting and got hungry.

I didn't say it can't be a romantic interaction with adults, but the OP was talking about teens, and you seemed to be implying that it's not available as a friendly interaction at all.
  • yoashmoyoashmo Posts: 528 Member
    Every time I searched for an answer to this I only saw people talking about inviting an NPC to stay over but I'm looking for the other way around. I remember when my sim was visiting his mother's house, he had the option to ask her 'Can I stay over?' He was an adult and she was an elder. I noticed I couldn't do the same for his daughter who was a child. Now I have a teen and I've noticed that option also isn't coming up with her adult father. Is that option just for YA - Elder? If so is there any mods or anything to allow teens and kids to use that option too?

Did you ever solve this problem?
    I think I understand what you were asking.
    The "Can I stay over?" Friendly Interaction was not showing for a child/teen active household sim asking an inactive household related adult sim, correct?
    You were not referring to the "Ask to Stay the Night" Romantic Interaction, correct?

I ask because I've had the interaction not show at times too, and was wondering if you've stumbled upon a definitive culprit.