Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pack Refresh - Kids Room

I thought it would be interesting to have a thread dedicated to each pack to see what particular things we would want added in a potential refresh to each DLC. What would you want to see if Kids Room Stuff pack was refreshed?

My ideas:

"Slumber party" event
Void critter aspiration for kids
Kids getting whims to play with void critters

What would you want to see?

Comments

• Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Kids carrying out things like fishing, gardening, and cooking. We see things like this IRL, but we need mods to do it in game.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    I'd like a Voidcritters overhaul. Instead of being completely type-based, type advantage just adds a factor in winning. Card level should be the main factor in deciding a win, since you need to train up your Voidcritter and win battles to level it up. It's so dumb that hours/days/years of hard work can be completely and totally trumped by a random person's level 1 card they just found. If we got a Voidcritter aspiration, one of them could be to max out one of their card's levels and win a bunch of battles.

I'd also like more Voidcritters merch. These things are like Pokemon, and Pokemon has a staggering amount of merch. I know when I was a kid, EVERYTHING I had was Pokemon merch, or covered in Pokemon merch.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    Voidcritters for teen+. They wouldn't get the fancy effects from playing with the machine (except for Childish sims) but adults should still be able to play Voidcritter.

Voidcritter video game (maybe a handheld console, too?)

More Voidcritter merch. A TV show! A comic book! Plushies! Action figures!

Comic books in general, along with some new costume types (Captain Hero, maybe?)
  • flaminganakinflaminganakin Posts: 36 Member
    edited September 2021
    --more playground equipment (i.e. slides/seesaws)
    --the costume trunk from TS3
    --more decor items/swatches like rugs, curtains, wall art, and clutter
    --easy bake oven
    --kids' bicycles
    Post edited by flaminganakin on
  • ponyfhtagnponyfhtagn Posts: 17 Member
    Maybe also a tree house, like TS3.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    I would like to see void critter toys for each void critter. A void critter stuffed animal for each void critter, both which could be put on shelves, dressers etc.. How about some small void critter posters too? I play rotationally and each child has their own favorite void critter(s).

I too would like to see children’s bicycles in the pack,

And trikes and push toys in the toddlers pack.

I think teens should be able to play the void critters game too, maybe even child through elder. I played Pokémon as an adult. Maybe void critters could be be played on the tablet, or like someone else mentioned a handheld game too.

I think the void critter idea was one of the best ideas that has been thought of for the sims 4. I’m not sure whose idea it was, but it was sure a good one! So please, let’s have more void critter stuff!!
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Completely agree with slumber parties, that's top for me.

Some additional after school activities would also be cool, to add to the ones from seasons and get famous. Maybe some basic school focused ones, like school paper, school band, year book, and chess club, stuff like that. I'd also like some jr sports & e-sports teams, debate club, and robotics club, but those would probably make more sense as additions to University.

And this is more of base game kids focused thing, but I'd like a revamp of which skills get unlocked after the child skills are maxed, with some spread around so it's more even between the 4 skills, and more over all added.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Just more pajamas. Maybe some things to do for children born in the 1900's
  • RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member
    edited September 2021
    I would like kids in the sims to have the ability to play a game like 'tag' 'hide and seek'.. so not a board game or object, but actually interacting playfully together.

In the old sim games we had: 'cops and robbers' 'pillow fight' 'Mary mack clapping game' 'red hands' 'punch you punch me' 'tag'
  • auricio288auricio288 Posts: 149 Member
    Totally agree, I really want slumber parties.
    Zvt4d0O.gif
  • sinnyoncesinnyonce Posts: 88 Member
    Imaginary friends!

I've seen the opinion that they are creepy but I feel like they could be fun (I never played TS3 but watching LP videos of it got me into The Sims franchise).