Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seems Spa Day Refresh Update Came With A Lot Of Bugs

Seems Spa Day Refresh Update Came With A Lot Of Bugs

I hadn't played the game in a while, but when I recently tried to play, I noticed:

Lots of freezing and lagging

Sims actions and activities being stuck in their queue as well as lots of them piling up on its own

Sims moving from activity to another within seconds of just starting the previous one

The music to the game is also skipping

The most annoying is when Sims won't sleep or eat where they are suppose to-There was already some issues when eating in chair and preferring to stand next to a fridge. Now, I'm noticing they also refuse to use their assigned beds or any bed at all. Even when right next to them.

Also, when all Household Sims and single Sim households don't fulfill their own needs nor when you click on their action needs panel, either.

I know the game has been buggy for years. Especially, after an update. But this is the worst in a long time. Wanted to check out the new items in the game. But it just wasn't playable. Shouldn't take two hours just to take Sim tour of a home I renovated in build mode or see them participate in one activity like gardening or travel to another venue. Maybe, EA can start play testing the game before doing the updates.

Fingers crossed, they will or I can't see the issue going away anytime soon. Also, makes me wonder if a Sims 5 investment would be worth it.
Always be your unapologetically and authentic self

Comments

• Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 435 Member
    I think this update broke "ship on Plopsy."
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    edited September 2021

Lol, I guess next time, the "laundry list" on this forum of bugs or broken features will be even longer.
    Post edited by MsKatieRose on
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    I think it got worse after Henford on Bagley was released, I have seen a lot of people mention that on the forums and on Answer HQ. Cottage Living performance for me is pretty bad, especially if it's fall with all the leaves.

The other worlds run pretty ok but it does feel like I need to have less objects on the lot now for the game to run ok without framerate drops. The lag when entering and exiting build mode is very bad and I have to keep pressing the menu button to get rid of it.

Accessing the freezer takes 1-2 seconds for me on my PC but for some people it takes even longer (probably CPU related), I think we have too many recipes now.

Sims getting stuck in queue or aborting actions was apparently fixed in november but I think some people have mentioned it still happening, maybe it is their traits or likes or dislikes that are messing with autonomy, or maybe you are seeing simulation lag? (sims stand still and nothing happening, waiting for the next action to process, depends a lot on your CPU and if sims are stuck doing something). Maybe that's what's making them not taking care of their needs or sleeping properly either.

• babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited September 2021
    @logion I think the refrigerator lag is worse depending on how many leftovers and/or ingredients are inside it. It’s definitely lessened when there’s nothing in the fridge, but still there. Very annoying.

And when I return from build mode the game seems to pause itself and then unpause itself when it’s ready. There’s a few seconds of lag there.

Game performance is definitely suffering a bit. My frame rates drop several times in a sim day and I have to open the options menu as well to clear that up. At least it’s a quick fix.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    @logion I think the refrigerator lag is worse depending on how many leftovers and/or ingredients are inside it. It’s definitely lessened when there’s nothing in the fridge, but still there. Very annoying.

And when I return from build mode the game seems to pause itself and then unpause itself when it’s ready. There’s a few seconds of lag there.

Game performance is definitely suffering a bit. My frame rates drop several times in a sim day and I have to open the options menu as well to clear that up. At least it’s a quick fix.

The fridge lag happens often when you tell sims to cook a meal together.
  • Dude, I'm so upset about the Spa Day update. It's literally my favorite pack and everything that was added was everything I'd ever dreamed would be added to it and now it's super broken. Nails are broken. Gameplay broken. Everything broken. The update really ruined this pack and what's worse is this pack was 1 of the few that was functional and worked without too many issues beforehand, now I'm scared it's unplayable.
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Dude, I'm so upset about the Spa Day update. It's literally my favorite pack and everything that was added was everything I'd ever dreamed would be added to it and now it's super broken. Nails are broken. Gameplay broken. Everything broken. The update really ruined this pack and what's worse is this pack was 1 of the few that was functional and worked without too many issues beforehand, now I'm scared it's unplayable.

You should definitely contact EA about that. Thus far, I've noticed what I mentioned in my original post and the game being very glitchy, like my played sim being in one spot. Then, turning up in another spot during the gameplay and walking through walls, objects, lol. Makes me wonder if they play test the game before releasing the patch.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    The one thing I noticed in my own game is the "wandering off to eat at the other end of cosmos" thing. Basically it's exactly like the "wash dishes in the sink on the third floor" that they finally fixed a while ago but with eating, instead.

I assume the bug is very similar, code wise. It's basically identical behavior but with a different trigger (eat instead of clean).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek