Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which pets-related expansion pack do you like most?

Which pets-related expansion pack do you like most? 75 votes

The Sims 1 Unleashed
6%
duhboy2u2Sorak4MortimerGothWarGreymon77netney52 5 votes
The Sims 2 Pets
13%
TheSpotted_Cbarracuda1574M13VulpeculaChadSims2ScobreGrumpyGlowfishAtreya33IsharellUmbreon12ohpekoe 10 votes
The Sims 3 Pets
70%
canitbemanStdlr9LeGardePourpreAyradysssuetoopIsb917CaitxcatDijktafoneCynnaSimberella777NausDarkLady2788zagboorulesBariSaxyCharlottekntaydevMizzila1297emereBabykittyjadeRsanda 53 votes
The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs + My First Pet Stuff pack
9%
icmnfrshsimgirl1010friendlysimmersluthienrisingTeeSeaAngelEb95bookwormsimmer25 7 votes

Comments

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    The Sims 3 Pets
    The Horses, Unicorns & Exotic Birds were fun to play with. Plus, the world was a cool olden days western world. B)
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    The Sims 3 Pets
    Have to say, to date this is my favorite piece of DLC the Sims franchise has ever put out. Supernatural stuff has always come in second for me... Until 4.
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    The Sims 3 Pets
    Not even close.
  • Options
    SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    The Sims 3 Pets
    Sims 3 because of small pets and horses. Also most importantly we can control them.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    The Sims 3 Pets
    Nothing beats controllable pets
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I actually think the animals in C&D are cuter. The CAS and BB are also great, and Brindleton Bay is a nice world

Don't own MFPS though
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    bookwormsimmer25bookwormsimmer25 Posts: 24 Member
    Pets are so much cuter. I hate the fact that we can't control them though.

Unpopular opinion: I found horses in TS3 absolutely disturbing.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    The Sims 3 Pets
    Clearest choice ever. And I didn't even like TS3 except for that pack.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    edited September 2021
    I like them all but as that wasn't an option I went with what I'm currently playing.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I love the pets, including horses and small pets, in Sims3! In Sims 3 you could control your pets and the household limits were the same as sims 2, allowing pets beyond the 8 sim limit. I love having pets but often can't in Sims 4 when want a larger family. I don't understand why they chose to do that because you can't even control the pets.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    The Sims 1 Unleashed
    Sims 3 pets was very bugged and I could never play them. Sims 4 are getting too needy which is a shame as I used to enjoy playing them. Nothing so far for me has come close as unleashed this has been the only sims pack I really loved having pets. I hated sims 2 and never played it so can’t comment on that pets version.
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    The Sims 2 Pets
    Sims 2 Pets, though Sims 3 Pets is really close.

I like the style of what the pets in 2 look like the most, add the Werewolves into the mix and you got me there :3 The pets look quite odd in 3, but the sheer amount of features it has makes up significantly for it, like the option to control pets and check their motives without cheats (2 at least allows so with cheats), and it's also the only game with horses.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    The Sims 3 Pets
    i only have experience of the sims 3 on PS but the pets having jobs... that made my game!
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    The Sims 3 Pets
    You can fully control them and it included horses and unicorns. Whenever my cat got fleas I would have the unicorn cure her. It was fun to have a teenage Sim break curfew while riding her horse, take control of the horse and have it run all around town while the police were chasing them, return home, and act like nothing had happened. I got my cat looking pretty close to her real life self in this one, just missing the white tip of her tail.

I'm sure I could make a realistic version of my cat with Sims 4, but not being able to control them or even see their needs is too much like the baby stage, which I always have skipped, so I have not gotten this pack. I do not mind that it's only cats and dogs and if I had the option to play as my cat then I would get it. I have played all pets packs from Sims 1 - 3.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • Options
    NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    The Sims 3 Pets
    Sims 3 BY FAR.

Sims 2 was okay, but it had only the basics. Werewolves were utterly disappointing.

Sims 4 Cats and Dogs is so basic. It has cats and dogs and that's it. The vet career was a reskinned version of the Dine Out business + GTW doctor career. Its only saving grace is the world.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    The Sims 3 Pets
    I don't even control my pets, but being able to check their motives is great. And it has so many pets: cats, dogs, horses, birds, snakes and so on... so complete!
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    The Sims 2 Pets
    Having never played TS3, I picked TS2, because those were the good old days when pets weren't just moving decoration, and cats weren't completely inferior to dogs. I also liked that you could send them to work and create the silly situation where the pet is the main breadwinner in the household while the humans can just have a good time.

TS4 Cats & Dogs has ownable vet clinics and Create-A-Pet with a million different ways to make pets look cute, but at the expense of interesting gameplay, which unfortunately fits right in with TS4's usual "style over substance" approach.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    The Sims 3 Pets
    The Sims 3 Pets wins this one pretty handily. Although I loved the pet shows in Unleashed (IIRC? It's been nearly two decades since I have played it. o.O). And I love the world (Brindleton Bay) of The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs (in fact, it is my favorite world), The Sims 3 Pets is just a mark above everything else. The amount of features packed into that Expansion Pack is incredible.

You have dogs, cats, horses, unicorns, and all kinds of small pets. Wild horses, small pets, and even deer populate the world, making it feel more lively (although I wish the small pets did more than just stand in one place, but what can you do?).
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    AnnabellaroseAnnabellarose Posts: 30 Member
    The Sims 3 Pets
    Sims 3, because...HORSES. Always and forever horses. I am a horse-person in real life.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    The Sims 2 Pets
    I'm going with Sims 2 Pets only because I never got to fully experience Sims 3 Pets as my pc at the time hated Sims 3 and Sims 2 Pets is far superior to 1 and 4.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    The Sims 2 Pets
    I have played the pets versions from Sims 2 to Sims 4. I loved them all for different reasons, even though I don't own my first pet stuff.
    I chose sims 2 for pets, because my pets could get jobs, and each promotion unlocked coat colors and patterns. I also went with it, because I was playing it one time, and had two cats go outside to a doghouse where they would get together. My Sims inside the house ran out of the house to cheer them on, so I am entirely biased due to that.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    The Sims 2 Pets
    Sims 2 pets had werewolves, need I say more. I also liked the fact that the devs added cheats to control pets, basically giving players the opportunity to choose if they wanted to control pets, no mods required. The futuristic bedroom sets (called atomic age?) was also one of my favourites for kids bedrooms.

Sims 1 unleashed was also amazing because it added more lots to the neighbourhood. I haven't played a lot with sims 3 pets and never tried the horses but it sounds like a decent pack. The sims 4 one is OK, but lacks compared to the others.