Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• Options
    Ilovehorses10234Ilovehorses10234 Posts: 1 New Member
    I think we should have an Equestrian Pack
    So many people still play sims 3 for the horses, if you made a pack based off horses people will come back for sims 4
    My idea is basically have different disciplines, so you can choose what you wanna do!
    If you choose horse racing, eventing such as dressage show jumping and cross country, or barrel racing, trick riding or reining! Or even small things like Liberty work! Make the show rings open so people can watch the competitions, so it’s not just waiting for it to be over they can watch how their sim and horse do in the competitions.
    Bring in different horse breeds as you have on sims 3, bring in large horse ranches and fancy western clothing and English gear!
    So many people would start playing sims 4 if it had horses, I was so sad to see sims 4 pets did not have horses! Hope you like my idea!
  • Options
    MastahungreeMastahungree Posts: 1 New Member
    I love sims 4 & I had an idea that might benefit both the team/devs and the players. This is only an idea/suggestion so hear me out. Okay bear with me here. What if... What if custom content was added to the sims 4 BUT.. the sims team made the CC into stuff/game or even expansion packs? That way players on consoles (like me) would finally be able to experience CC in their games and also the sims 4 team would of course profit off of it.... It's not the best idea but if CC were to be put into the sims 4 this is the way I see it happening. Ok thanks have a lovely sims day !
  • Options
    imnotalyssaningimnotalyssaning Posts: 1 New Member
    You should make a sims game or pack that has to do with vikings. It would have incredible clothing options and face paints, cool braided hairstyles and braided beards. Being able to have raids come into your town and have to hide or lose your things, no technology, all what they would've had during those times. Have farming, viking ships, sleds, chose your career in life. It would be incredible
  • Options
    MessycupcakeMessycupcake Posts: 1 New Member
    Here's a thought that I've had for a LONG time.
    I've always wanted vacuums even though it turned out different than I wished.
    I've always wanted something different when adding/ buying furniture.

Nothing says "feels more like real life" than buying furniture and having to BUILD IT YOURSELF.
    I mean think about it. Ordering it, your Sim having to read the instruction manual and putting it together themselves.

Would it increase handiness?! Would it bring rage?! How long would it take?! Is there hardware missing that results in having to call an automated telephone number and being put on hold to speak to a representative?!

I've thought about this for literally YEARS and I hope one day it comes true. Anyone else?!

Ps- I'm not talking about CC or Mods. Us console players need the real thing.
  • Options
    calisimscalisims Posts: 1 New Member
    okay so this is just a suggestion, but now that we can like save skin colors and like make our own. i was thinking wouldnt it be nice for us to be able to save for example noses we have morphed and lips. idk i just thought that would be rly nice yup. see y'all
  • Options
    bbgdarylbbgdaryl Posts: 25 Member

Suggestion: Spring Cleaning Day

For one day in spring, there's an optional calendar event, Spring Cleaning Day. On this day, Sims become motivated to clean out the winter dust and must from their homes.

Activities:
    • Sweep, mop, and vacuum floors
    • Clean and then open windows
    • Change bedding
    • Clean inside refrigerator
    • Dust surface areas

Benefits:
    • Fresh and Clean! buff that lasts 3 days (this buff boosts happiness and/or confidence)
    • Handiness skill increase for each cleaning activity

Detriments:
    • Well, I Tried... "buff" that gives minimal happiness boost (if you cleaned, but not all of it)
    • Embrace the Dust Bunnies debuff that mildly boosts anger if you did nothing (basically you're just kinda irritated)

Possible Items:
    • Brooms
    • Mops
    • Vacuums
    • Feather dusters

Reasoning:
    • For a lot of players, realism in the Sims makes for more enjoyable gameplay. While there are cleaning options in the game already, they're very minimal and don't occur very often. Creating a calendar event such as this would provide those interested with a dose of domestic realism while providing ample opportunity for others to opt-out of it. Those not interested in the event could choose to ignore it or remove it from their calendar completely.
  • Options
    TivaTiva Posts: 1 New Member
    I had a suggestion for the Bust the Dust kit. I really enjoy the gameplay of it so far! The only thing I wish would be different is the vacuum being placed in the sims inventory automatically. I don't mind that it can be put in the inventory generally, but I wished sims would just place the vacuum down after using it like they do guitars or violins. If I have multiple sims in a household, it's really annoying to have to go into a sims inventory every time I want a new sim to vacuum.
  • Options
    Dannigirl94Dannigirl94 Posts: 1 New Member
    I recently downloaded the new pack for the home decor career. I love the new furniture, hair, and new options to make sims even more unique but the actual career field, I feel, needs some work. I would make the following suggestions: ~have a way for Sims to specify what room they want done. It usually says bedroom, bathroom, living room and so on but if there are multiple of these in one house, it gets confusing on which one they want renovated.
    ~have more specific design directions and categorize furniture. A lot of the time the Sim will not like a certain style of decor so I think there should be a section for contemporary furniture, traditional style furniture, farmhouse style furniture etc so that we make sure to stick with what the Sim wants.
    ~allow for more than one design gig at a time and or more than one per day.
    ~ have Sims be more specific as far as color, whether they like paintings, and so on.

Overall the pack is a lot of fun I just think there are some things that can be added to make moving up in the career easier and gameplay more enjoyable.
  • Options
    beautiful_user123beautiful_user123 Posts: 1 New Member
    I wish that my sims can have more than one best friend. It is really unrealistic that you can have one best friend. I play on a PS4, does anyone else have this problem?
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    I just started to play again S4. It seems to me that there are still bugs like constant drinking water. Also the Maid not showing up even though my house is a mess, need to reorder them to get some reaction. And maybe not a pressing issues but the School Kids wearing school uniforms now in the Japanese Town is nice, but they keep changing the uniform everyday another colour, which is a little immersion breaking giving that the school is regulating their attire.
  • Options
    NNT122NNT122 Posts: 4 New Member
    1. I really don't like it when the Sims "overdoes" their worlds. Take Windenburg for example, it is so beautiful yet near the harbour I think they go wayyy overboard with weird sculptures and tacky colours. They do the same in Brindleton Bay, San Myshuno, and Oasis Springs (I'm not too upset about the last because I've downloaded an empty world mod - please link if you know of anymore of these to clear out the junk from other expansion pack worlds!!!)

I don't know why but it's just frustrated me for the longest time. The game is supposed to be about creating the story/world for the sims ourselves and everyone has different things they like to do, so I wish it was more of a blank canvas? I hate it when I build something beautiful but something outside the lot just screws up the general aesthetic of the build. I wish the Sims would just allow players to truly create our own worlds since there is no tool to actually do that yet...check out HazzaPlumbob's CAW concept:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JuXhDzUxMP71FtmTmjLbfNT7JQZvZ4xU/view

(pack suggestions)

2. I think they should do a fantasy/elvish themed pack with fairies, dragons, elves maybe? If the world was kind of based on Rivendale from Lord of the Rings that would be so pretty - maybe a secret/hidden lot with a rapunzel's tower (guarded by a dragon like in the fairytale) that would be so cool and add a purpose to the hidden lot (like they tried to do in Island Living).

3. I think a Zoo pack with tigers/zebras/elephants/giraffes/penguins etc would be so cool. Maybe a merry-go-round or Ferris wheel to go in the zoo, obviously a Zookeeper career, wishing fountain perhaps? Maybe some rare species of llama that zookeepers aspire to spot? They may not even have to create a world to live in, but the whole world could be the zoo (lot for each "section" of the zoo and a Central Park lot for tickets etc). I don't know if balloon animals in the sims are a thing but that would be cute as well.
  • Options
    slee07slee07 Posts: 3 New Member
    Some sort of pack for older Sims. Once my Sims reach elder, I really don't care what happens to them. I also don't have any sort of incentive to keep a familial relationship with them. So, my thoughts...

Wills/Inheritance -- Maybe you can inherit and disinherit people from you will, or the relationship level impacts how much money your sim will get from the older sim when they die. For instance, a conservative Sim might choose disinherit their rebellious musician Sim son and give all their money to a charity, or their other child, or a long distant relative, or just a friend. Maybe they can choose who gets their house after they die.

Retirement home -- You can choose to enter a retirement community, with other residents and activities. I figure this might use the same sort of gameplay as the college pack -- cafeteria style food served certain times during the day, spawned events (like an oldies dance, or yoga, free massages, etc.).

Elder Moodlets - Maybe elder Sims have random, unique negative/tense moodlets later in life (arthritis, smaller/weak bladder, regrets of not having kids, or of having a family instead of pursuing their dreams).

New Traits/Aspirations - When your sim ages to Elder, they get to choose a new trait (energetic, relaxed, forgetful, or even surly, flirty). Aspirations like everyone's grandparent (just high relationships with a lot of younger Sims) or Active Elder, etc.

More clothing and hairs for Elder Sims - Also maybe bring back canes or walkers or something.

Activities - Lower impact fitness activities like walking, water aerobics, Tai chi, lift light weights, box lightly, etc.
  • Options
    slee07slee07 Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="slee07;c-17924335"]Some sort of pack for older Sims. Once my Sims reach elder, I really don't care what happens to them. I also don't have any sort of incentive to keep a.... [/quote]

Also for retirement home events (or even just random events at their home), maybe you can spawn random relatives to come by and visit and spend time with the elder sim. If it was the retirement home it could be for like visitors day or something
  • Options
    HarutoHaruto Posts: 1 New Member
    I think what would be nice to see and what would sell very good would be an 80s pack. like retro styled world retro styled decor and some such
  • Options
    KBetelgeuseKBetelgeuse Posts: 74 Member
    Haruto wrote: »
    I think what would be nice to see and what would sell very good would be an 80s pack. like retro styled world retro styled decor and some such

One of the things that are missing from what we had in Sims3. They gave us a retro pack of clothes and furniture back then . I would love to see more time period costumes return. Worlds would be great as well.
  • Options
    TrueAITrueAI Posts: 1 New Member
    I'd love to see an ability to group items in My Library in folders. I understand I can select a category from the left menu, but I'd like to further categorize my Sims into groups for the Sims I create, for ones from the Gallery, and even for minor groupings of Sims per more selective criteria.
  • Options
    _Rainy_N_Rainy_N Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love to see more options in building features, specifically windows; would love to see larger floor to ceiling, wall to wall window options. And possibly modular windows to be able to create more custom window layouts in sleek modern designs. The much wider sliding doors were a nice addition I only wish they offered similar options with windows.

I was somewhat disappointed when I saw there would not be horses with the Cottage Living pack, though I understand the logic after hearing the explanation. Still I would love to see a pack that includes equestrian as the Sims 3 did such a fantastic job with that. I can't help but imagine how fantastic it would be in sims 4.
  • Options
    tommynocker001tommynocker001 Posts: 187 Member
    I'd like to see powdered wigs and masks...

Need my parties to look more like this...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nBjvElCzAw :)
  • Options
    Also I wouldn't mind some photoshoot enhancements. Closer together group shots rather than the... odd distance (kind of like my sims don't like each other much!) The ability to take a photograph of ALL of my Group friends, rather than is groups of three, which is an odd number indeed.

Perhaps the ability to pose my sims, so I can make romantic shots for weddings, or sports shots with the kids.

And the ability for the program to notice the shots I choose to keep on my walls and the shots that got deleted actually on the hard drive. 4.21GB of images is too much to sort through! X)
  • Options
    LigeaLigea Posts: 7 New Member
    I don't post too many comments, hmm maybe the rare bug I run into, but that's pretty rare. I do have a suggestion and even though I probably noticed this awhile back, I just never said much about it, but as I've been creating more stuff lately, in particular when you are designing sims, um why is there no 'edit genetic on sims once you've already created them?' or 'clone' button in create a sim, like in past games. In particular, which this is something that I was messing around with lately, I went to make a 'witch' sim, but it could be any 'specialized' sim, I made two characters that I really worked on facial features and clothing but I forgot to turn them into the 'witch' sim, so they were just normal sims, but because there is no function to edit a pre-existing sims genetics or family relations...this also prevents me from changing a sim I don't want to delete to the supernatural sim of my choice (there's no potion that can do this easily for you, although I know there's that stone that can take you to the portal, but I'm not sure if you get a stone as a regular sim (I think normal sims can still go through right? Maybe get one there but I only messed around with it some, so I don't know every in and out of how to further turn normal sims into the special sim of your choice. I'm sure there is probably a slash command or something (if so, would anyone be so kind as to PM me or, on the boards I don't fully care if that's not against the rules. However, that said, I think the game could use for a better way to edit sims (maybe there is a way I just never noticed, so if I'm over-looking something please let me know), so you don't have to redo a character, or you can just edit it yourself...like I am kind of wondering why it says you can't edit a sims genetics, is there some reason for this overall? I think other games used to allow you free edit, which did simplify any work or back-tracking.

Anyway, this is probably my number one complaint, aside from no working cars, or slightly bigger neighborhoods, but at least when I'm working on Sims I often need to edit my sims, or change relationships and right now it's pretty limited in the CAS. Most of the time, I'm more a person who likes designing and building rather than Sim work, but I admit my sim face blending and body blending could be alot better, but usually I just want to make interesting buildings, but I enjoy making up stories and characters and playing those out too. Sometimes, I make up my own, or use a few things that inspired me growing up or as hobbies. I think I've gotten alot better over the years, but some of the tools in CAS could use a little more fine-tuning, you know. But, other than that I'm always having a blast with this game, but it might be nice if this could be looked into. I don't know how many more things are left on this game, but I'm sure many people would appreciate a fix or add-on, because not everyone will always look up how to fix or ask to fix something. Thank you for reading, have a awesome day, and keep on simming and building and making clever role-play stories. o:)
  • Options
    ... that air conditioning animation...
    How many times does that need to play? My sims are burning to death and I need to get them inside the front door, STOP pausing every fifteen seconds, two, sometimes three, even four times to notice the air con that you've owned for two years now!
    It gets worse with parties! Every sim is PAUSING in the front door to notice the breeze, hungry/dancing/TV watching/toilet needing sims are backed up! A traffic jam is starting in my front door!
  • Options
    The moment you realize your sim SKIPPED something in your long queue.
    You are no longer allowed to "take a shower" because your mood changed!
    You can't reach any cereal because someone is sitting on the box.
    You can't use the toilet because you just flushed the toilet!
    You can't harvest bio fuel because you just fed the critters.
    You need to talk to twelve people at a party, but you're waiting for a hug from someone who is ADMIRING THE AIR CON BREEZE! X)
  • Options
    mggg19mggg19 Posts: 1 New Member
    My idea would be to expand the astronaut career and maybe take the rocket ship into space. I think it would be really cool to see your sim go into space and explore different planets and explore around space. (I guess you could somehow compare to how island living in the sims 3 was expanded to let you go underwater).

Also a baby pack, which im sure people would agree with me on this, but being able to carry around the baby instead of picking it up and putting it down after every move and furniture like the rockabye swing in the sims 3, etc.
  • Options
    Cat4DCat4D Posts: 1 New Member
    There are a lot of pros and cons to the Sims 4 which I think most of the other Simmers have probably covered so I will spare you. I think Sims is so important and so popular because it allows you to live out so many different realities. That being said, I would love if the next iterations could push for more diverse Sims. I don't mean skin colors and body shapes, although more options there are always nice instead of having to download packs and mods. A lot of different kinds of people play these games and so I think it would be nice if Sims could have different heights, if we could have dwarf people, and people with disabilities. Why aren't there blind Sims walking around with canes? I think that would be cool to see a wider range of character customization. Mermaids are cool and all, but there are actual people that could be represented that I wouldn't mind experiencing. There could even be a Dwarfism pack since little people tend to have to customize their homes for their size. Also I like the supernatural pack from the Sims 3 and wish the packs in Sims 4 could compete.
  • Options
    The mood swings are getting worse...

I was having problems getting anything done due to putting 'ikky plumbing as a lot trait. X)
    So I put in a few 'Beacon of Ages' lights to brighten up the environment. Added a salt and pepper shaker, some peryllium and a refined citrine. My sims move from 'feeling pukey' to 'hysterical' within a doors width with barely a moodlet in between.