Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Renovate My House...

Comments

• nali272nali272 Posts: 431 Member
    AsPQsz5.jpg

The RMHCottageComfort Briefing:

Background - Uriah and Lillie Sizemore have dreamed of buying a small lot in Henford-on-Bagley. With a little saving power and a great lottery pick…early retirement is here! So they packed up a few things that they wanted from their previous home. Please use those (in the crates).

Gallery Lot ID: RMHCottageComfort BUDGET: $50,000 Lot size: 30x20 Floorplan: 1story 2bd 1ba Lot/World I used: Cordelia's Secret Cottage, Henford-on-Bagley

Gallery Link: HERE
    Household Gallery Link: HERE

Exterior style:
    Country Cottage

Interior style:
    Cottage and airy, use the furniture in the crates……. Any removed trash, plumbing, walls, and floors do not count toward your budget. Any windows, doors, appliances, and furniture do count towards the budget. If there is already a pool on the property, shrinking or removal count toward your budget.

Landscape Style:
    Cottage

Issues to resolve / things to know: (MOO is on)
    • Cleanup / fix walls and floors
    • Give the exterior a color that will stand out against the surroundings.
    • Keep the screened-in porch and make it a place they will love to sit and relax.
    • open the kitchen and dining room to each other
    • weed and clean up the grounds.
    • Create a small garden.
    • Lillie like to knit
    • Uriah likes to fish.

Gallery TAG: #RMHCottageComfort - DUE 9/24
    cHU3XTo.jpg
    xFvNmp5.png
    nacWKFc.png
    0OM5De1.png

Slide Show: https://imgur.com/a/IgDN7Lg
    Try my challenge - make these builds better. (star the page for notifications)
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Thank you @nali272, your challenges are such fun
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    Thanks for the kind comments @nali272 :smile:
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Thank you so much for your kind comments @nali272
    @Clousinators , @JojoMOMSTER & @AlJay - you are all very welcome. I am trying... if you have any ideas.. let me know (thread or inbox)
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • SmallAureliusSmallAurelius Posts: 184 Member
    thanks so much for your lovely comments @nali272 and for including my home theatre room in your banner :grin: I'm looking forward to doing the next challenge :smile:
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    @nali272, this part of your comments cracked me up: "The guest room is welcoming and just big enough that the guest does not stay long." Thanks for the review. Looking forward to this next one. <3
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
    Origin ID: icanhassims
    Link to the gallery: Cottage Comfort Remodel
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Sure!
    Link to more photo/slideshow: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/cottage-comfort-remodel.html
    Leftover funds: 32,877
    Construction Notes: The foundation was rotting, so it had to go. Also, the roof seemed to be sinking a bit so that was lifted up slightly as well as given a new roofing material. During construction a natural well was discovered, allowing a natural pond to be created. We went ahead and populated the farm with some basic fish and with that came the ducks, fireflies, and turtles! We wanted to make sure that the Sizemores would never want for food, so in addition to the fish in the pond, a cow paddock and small chicken house were established in the side yard, while a beebox and bugbox were installed on the other side of the home. Inside, a few walls were broken down to allow more space to flow and allow for an eat-in kitchen. In fact, there was just enough space to fit a couch, TV, and the couple's favorite phonograph. The second bedroom was turned into a combination guest/craft/office space in order to maxiumize its use. The couple also didn't want to feel so closed off in their back courtyard. So in order to preserve some privacy while keeping the courtyard open air, shrubs were placed along the edges.
    Pictures:
    08-30-21-4-45-07-pm_orig.png

Sides of the build:
    08-30-21-4-43-40-pm.png
    08-30-21-4-43-49-pm.png
    08-30-21-4-44-01-pm.png
    08-30-21-4-44-10-pm.png

Top-down views:
    08-30-21-4-59-44-pm.png
    08-30-21-5-00-11-pm.png
    That looks homey @icanhassims and I like the big trees
    Thank you @JojoMOMSTER! I'm in love with that new tree with the lanterns. <3
    @icanhassims , I am trying to type my true thoughts at the time that I look at it and hoping that it does not come of negative... so thanks for the feedback. Cannot wait to view your new one.
    @SmallAurelius , you are very welcome. Hope to see you on the next challenge.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    edited September 2021
    Origin ID: AlJay2000
    Gallery name & Link: Country Cottage Comfort
    Link to slideshow: RMH September - Cottage Comfort
    Total Renovation Cost: $31,881.00
    Construction Notes: To begin the renovation I cleaned up the walls and floors but noticed that there was quite a bit of stains on the floor from a leaky roof, upon further inspection I discovered that the valley in the roof was causing the trouble so I fixed the roof and gave the couple a nice new thatched roof. I gave the home new stone siding adding windows with shutters for interest and I opened up the screened porch so the couple could enjoy the view. I connected the dining room to the kitchen and gave the home a comfortable cottage feeling, making sure to give Lillie a nice place to knit by the fire. I cleaned up the weeds in the yard and did some major landscaping, giving the couple a garden and even adding a fishing pond so Uriah could fish in his own back yard. There was an unfortunate accident when we brought the track hoe in to dig the pond though...and the old kitchen cabinet was lost forever at the bottom of the pond (sorry, I just couldn't make it work :s ) Thanks @nali272 for another great challenge! This one was a lot of fun :)
    Pictures:
    lrQBgsp.png
    Left side
    VxzIakH.png
    Back
    LjVwvXf.png
    Layout
    KCoqZzP.png
    Interior
    IYn6zlU.png
    G0FOL0L.png
    I2D2UiT.png
    9Ma7C8N.jpg
    For participating in RMHCottageComfort challenge…

@AlJay -
    The Sizemores are very pleased with you finding that leak in the roof and fixing it. Uriah is already making plans to fish every day of his retirement and Lillie is working on a way to make money selling her knitting. As far as the lost cabinet, that is totally fine, they didn't care for it. (I should have stated that it was to only hold the coffee pot…opps :-)) You were able to save the rest of their items and that is all that matters.
    Well, this cottage surely does not blend into its surroundings and the Sizemores are happy about that. Loving the trees with lights and that Weeping Willow. The new wrap-around porch with a double entry is very welcoming and will get a lot of use, especially those rocking chairs. All of the plants, flowerpots, and window boxes bring the lot to life. The fenced-in garden is SO cute! The Sizemores will love reminiscing about their younger days while having a picnic. Like with Icanhassims, it amazes me how you can make a house look bigger just by rearranging the floorplan. I want to take a nap in that living room with a fire going. The bedroom is adorable, loving the custom art. The bathroom is just right for the 2 of them, the color is very relaxing. The tiny but spacious kitchen will put the garden produce to work. The color scheme of it and the dining room "sparks joy".
    aygohAn.png

@icanhassims -
    The Sizemores appreciate you noticing and fixing the problems, with the foundation and roof. They are equally glad that you were able to create a pond and add fish.
    Beautiful lot, with that front porch it is picturesque. Love the tree with the lanterns…wait are those lanterns or large lit acorns?...lol. The new wrap-around porch is wonderful and will get good use. The brick façade is a nice choice along with the windows. Uriah loves the pond with will start fishing soon, they both will enjoy taking care of the animals. I am amazed at how your changing of the floor plan makes it look bigger. Loving the water closet in the bathroom. The Sizemores thank you for using their items. Cute second bedroom. The wallpaper in the living room is delightful, I will have to remember it for future use. The bedrooms are spacious and made for relaxing. The charming kitchen will get great use cooking the food that is produced on their land.
    bbh74lf.png
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    AsPQsz5.jpg

The StudentStudio Briefing:

Background - Akeem Redkey is wanting to concentrate on his studies while in Britechester and he has it in his head that the best way to do this is to live alone rather than in the dorms. The owner of a book store in town, told him if he cleans it up and does all of the reno work, he could rent the studio apartment above it.

Gallery Lot ID: RMHStudentStudio BUDGET: $20,00 Lot size: 20x15 Floorplan: 1 story 0bd 1ba Lot/World I used: Honeydew Fields, Britechester

Gallery Link: Here
    Household Gallery Link: Here

Exterior style:
    Historical Bricktown - Do not change the windows or doors because it is a historical building. You may change the brick color but not the brick.

Interior style:
    Frugal student, Akeem saved enough money to live during college so he does not want to invest in a property he is not going to own. Any removed trash, plumbing, walls, and floors do not count toward your budget. Any appliances and furniture do count towards the budget.

Landscape Style:
    Just clean up the area around, if you can do any landscaping, it is your choice.

Issues to resolve / things to know: (MOO is on)
    • Save money!
    • 3 piece bathroom
    • kitchenette/dining
    • Living / bedroom.
    • a study nook

Gallery TAG: #RMHStudentStudio - DUE 10/29
    6IHohNq.png
    vVEW7UC.png
    DzW1fhH.png

Slide Show: https://imgur.com/a/GcucSfC
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    Thank you for all your kind comments on my cottage @nali272 I'm glad the couple weren't too attached to the cabinet, lol!
    Thank you so much @nali272! Really looking forward to this next challenge as well. :)
    you are welcome @AlJay and @icanhassims
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    Entry form
    Origin ID: AlJay2000
    Gallery name & Link: Frugal Student Apartment
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Yes
    Notes: So...I had the day off and decided to tackle this project. I figured that since Akeem doesn't own the building I wouldn't touch anything but the living space, especially since he is trying to save money. Therefore I only uploaded the room rather than the whole building. I don't usually do old and dingy builds but I thought it was the best way to save as much money as possible for Akeem (and a great challenge). When I saved the original room the cost was $4,507.00 and with the renovation the total cost came to $10,959.00. Which means the total renovation cost was $6,452.00!!! Way under budget! Akeem's renovation may inspire the book owner to do some renovations of his own throughout the month if he has some time ;) Thank you for another fun challenge @nali272 I always love your ideas and your timing is perfect because I start to run out of projects the last week of the month :)
    Pictures:
    i3WSnmt.png
    a2f7zaQ.png
    39WS68Z.png
    1EVLxWT.png
    QnfskPo.png
    FQgSGTs.png
    TXPC4qD.png
    Q6btMln.png
    Entry form
    Origin ID: jojoMOMSTER
    Link to the gallery:1B Honeydew Lane
    Link to more photos/slideshow (optional):

Pictures: 1 top view (per story) 1 of each side of the house/lot (walls up) and others of your choice use spoiler.
    KhMjSQX.png
    Akeem spent $14850 of his $20000 on his flat. The bookstore owner will inherit some nice wood floors and tiling. Akeem will have some nice retro/industrial pieces he can take with him. He has $5150 he can apply to his study costs. Akeem has taken a weekend job as a labourer and applied for scholarships to stretch that even further. He will be studying communications. Will he be a man in black? Will he be a politician? Time will tell.
    Xe7FITo.png
    wb1m4pP.png
    The only changes I made to the exterior to the building are the front door to differentiate it as a residence door rather than a business door and I added some exterior lighting.
    Z4gDCkJ.png
    rUeXCNU.png
    4A12JO2.png
    1496qjp.png
    K851DBl.png
    rclm1We.png
    x4MwKT3.png
    er87MCE.png
    DxAQSt5.png
    TIYwASs.png
    Link to the gallery: Student Loft Remodel
    Link to more photo/slideshow: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/student-loft-remodel.html
    Leftover funds: 1,384
    Construction Notes: Like others, I decided to focus pretty much solely on the loft area. Because I used a platform and the sliding wall trick doesn't work for me, I wasn't able to upload it as a room, which would've made it simpler. But I think I'm also going to go back and re-do the whole lot to actually put in a bit of a shopping center below, which I'm excited about! I'll have to remember to share the results here. That's also why I chose to move the site to Magnolia Promenade. As for the loft itself, the structure was kept essentially the same with some re-surfacing of the walls to bring out the brick layer. New flooring was installed as well as a small platform kitchen. Akeem put up some hanging curtains to divide his sleeping space for a little privacy.
    Pictures:
    09-26-21-9-10-32-pm_orig.png

Sides of the loft:
    09-26-21-9-09-55-pm.png
    09-26-21-9-10-06-pm.png
    09-26-21-9-10-12-pm.png
    09-26-21-9-16-18-pm.png

• xXQueenBeeXxxXQueenBeeXx Posts: 32 Member
    Entry form
    Origin ID: XxXQueenBeeXx
    Gallery name & Link: Flowers Delight https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6593B828213D11EC83407DB6A3FFB678?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=XxXQueenBeeXx&max=50&maxis=false"]https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6593B828213D11EC83407DB6A3FFB678?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=XxXQueenBeeXx&max=50&maxis=false
    Images Link: https://imgur.com/gallery/P8185bQ
    Leftover Funds: 10,145
    Notes: My aim with this set up was to express a soft side to Akeem, expressing a love of gardening, and showing off a clean and sleek design style. All of this while staying well below budget as he'd love.
    Pictures:

QvmXNo2.png
    Alright, I did it! I revamped the whole lot, totally outside the budget. LOL @nali272, no need to review the lot, I just did it for fun and wanted to share with everyone. :)

Link to the gallery: Small Shopping & Studio
    Link to more photo/slideshow: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/small-shopping--studio.html
    Pictures:
    09-29-21-11-29-42-am_orig.png

Other sides of the build:
    09-29-21-11-29-20-am.png
    09-29-21-11-29-31-am.png
    09-29-21-11-29-52-am.png

Top-down views:
    09-29-21-11-30-18-am.png
    09-29-21-11-30-23-am.png
    09-29-21-11-30-25-am.png

Other screenshots:
    Bookstore:
    09-29-21-11-24-08-am.png

Bakery:
    09-29-21-11-25-34-am.png

Grocery:
    09-29-21-11-26-46-am.png

Back of lot:
    09-29-21-11-28-23-am.png
    09-29-21-11-28-32-am.png
    OH WOW! here I was thinking I would give everyone a few weeks to work on this and you guys are already done!
    Love the idea of loading it as a room @AlJay I am sure Akeem appreciates the savings and will use it towards his studies.
    @JojoMOMSTER & @xXQueenBeeXx - fast and nice reno
    @icanhassims - the reno looks good and I am glad that you wanted to do more, wasn't sure how that would go over.

Based on the pictures, I cannot wait to download and look at them all.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    edited September 2021
    I am intrigued @icanhassims, looking forward to d/l and browsing the shops

Thank you @nali272 ! We do enjoy your challenges
  • xXQueenBeeXxxXQueenBeeXx Posts: 32 Member
    I'm so glad you liked my reno @nali272 ! It was so fun finally entering one of you renovation challenges. I've been eyeing them for a while and this one was the perfect opening to swoop in!