Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many romantic interests do your Sims usually have?

Comments

• Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    “Typical style?” Mmm….🤔
    Good question. All my sims are quite different when it comes to visiting Romance Fun Land. They don’t all go on the same kinda ride…and some don’t visit at all.
    Hard to say, hard to say.

I guess it varies between None, One and Too Many.
  • Options
    2-5. There's more than one fish in the sea, but not too many.
    My sims usually have a romantic interest in high school or college (or both), or they'll pursue a romantic fling while getting to know someone who turns out not to be a good marriage partner (they hate kids or they're hot-headed or some other trait not conducive to "happily ever after"), and before too long they end up with "The One" from whom they never stray thereafter. Nobody in my sim marriages cheats (I am not the type to forgive cheating IRL so I don't allow it in my simworld), so once they're paired, they're paired.

Granted, some of my sims have more than a couple of flings pre-marriage, usually because they've decided to get the reward points from the aspiration for sleeping around—which is hilarious when they later get the Soulmate perk as well once they get married. I played around with the Club system once by having one of my male sims keep a harem called "Jonny's Honeys"...and felt a powerful need to shower afterwards.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    I almost always know who my sim is going to marry. If their is a new pack with a single female sim, that is usually “the one”. But I like my sim to date a couple of sims before or during them getting with “the one”.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Some of my sims date as teenagers and some also have more than one serious relationship. Then there's of course the more experimental ones... Playing on long lifespan helps with having time to put into relationships and also grow out of them.
  • Options
    LumigensLumigens Posts: 41 Member
    edited September 2021
    I like to give them options until I can find someone who in my mind fits them like a glove. Or I give them romantic interests purely for drama purposes. There’s lots of storylines to be played out with romance.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    My Sims usually date someone different as a teen and as an adult at least. Sometimes they'll start dating someone, but that Sim will prove to be difficult to romance, so I'll switch over to someone else. Sometimes they'll start dating someone because they are their best friend, then I'll have them romance a Sim who's more attractive to have kids with.
    The do stay faithful once they marry, but my Sims only marry about half the time now. It doesn't matter in Sims 4 like it did in Sims 2.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    edited September 2021
    One. My Sims find The One, or enter the Simworld as half of a couple.
    It very much depends on a sim but the average is 1-3 unless its some lothario or black widow save where obviously there is no limit

or if i decide sim shall have no partner ever

which tbh I don't see myself doing atm in this save cause I'm trying to grow family trees, make connections and find everyone a match and continue their genetics

and it feels sad to just completely leave out any specific sims from candidates list this early

wouldn't exactly say sims are "half of someone" though its just usually they end at 1 partner as i move on to next household or to play with other stuff than romance cause there really ain't that much to do yet p_p
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Key word is "usually". I do have a few bachelor sims playing the field, but it's honestly a lot of work to maintain. Happily settled couples are easier, and are my usual arrangement.
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited September 2021
    Try as I might, monogamy keeps failing to work for my sims. I too have few couples who only have eyes for each other, but it's a rare thing. There are also some poly relationships, some cheating and some sims who just woohoo whoever they want.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    6-10. If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.
    It totally depends on the sims personalities.. Some none, some one, some a very few.
    However probably at least half of my main sims pursue the Serial Romantic aspiration at one time or another, and I play a lot of deviant types (black widow(ers), lounge lizards, alien breeders, home wreckers, baby challengers).
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    For the most part my sims are single and loving it, which I found out is a tough lifestyle to break. The ones who are settled down are not interesting any more. Can't describe it, just stop finding them interesting...always babies and kids to take care of, eww. :D I love the toddlers but boy can it ever wreck a sim's style.

My single sims live life fully, they travel, have relationships all over the world. When they do want to settle down, they tell former lovers they just want to be friends. So far I've had 2 couples divorce and it's tough, even for sims.

In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I find it kind of boring to have my sims only date one person, also I know it’s just the sims but that’s unrealistic. I like them to play the field a bit and have at least one or two love interests before settling down with someone.
  • Options
    orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    It depends really on the sim and the story. Some of my sims yearn for something serious and wish to settle down so they just have one romantic interest at a time. A few others think it’s all fun and games and flirt around. But whoever they are and in whatever storyline they’re playing at, the story always involves searching for The One eventually (I’m a hopeless romantic like that lol). Thing is I’m not against dating the entire neighborhood to find that special sim lol
  • Options
    SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    As many as possible. Sworn to fun, loyal to none.
    You needed a button that said too many!!!

It's ridiculous. My sims are all becoming too closely related to even try having kids with. Get pretty annoyed with it. Why can't they just keep it in their pants? I don't want to go around micromanaging every household in my world

I have MC Command, trying to work out how to use this to get control.

If anyone has any tips let me know.
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Still playing my Greek gods save. Artemis and Hestia are the "weird" ones for being single lol
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    Most of the time, my sims will meet and date multiple sims until they find the one they connect with the most and settle down. On occasion, I really enjoy playing sims in polyamorous relationships.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    I do have a few loyal couples, but for the most part my Sims are single, and are always in Netflix/chill mode lol
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Some of my Singles end up with the one. Some play the field. Some become Black Widows with a child or twins from the 5th husband. Some just remain single & free.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I choose "Other."

My Sims's romance goes to either extreme. They usually have a spouse they stay with forever, but otherwise, they never WooHoo the same Sim twice. Depends on my story. or if I feel like a story at all.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    I choose "Other."

My Sims's romance goes to either extreme. They usually have a spouse they stay with forever, but otherwise, they never WooHoo the same Sim twice. Depends on my story. or if I feel like a story at all.

@phantasmkiss In retrospect, I should have created an "Other" options. Some of the most interesting replies fall into that category.

Thank you, everyone, for voting and commenting. I'm looking forward to reading even more intriguing responses!

Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited September 2021
    Really it depends on the sim and their story. I have sims that stick with one partner and one partner only, while I have other sims that have a literal laundry list of partners. On average though, my sims will have between 1 and 3 serious romantic partners their entire lifetime. Flings and one night stands though...are a different story.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited September 2021
    I answered one, because that's how it usually is, but I have several Sims that are serial romantics and have a lot of lovers. Then I have Sims that have affairs, for example my not so berry challenge mint Sim, she's married with a male Sim but she's bi and she's also obsessed with vampires. Lilith Vatore is her co-worker and they have an affair, they hook up mostly at work in the science lab. Her husband Joaquin Le Chien doesn't know about it and that's how it's going to stay, hopefully. She loves Joaquin, but her obsession for Lilith is just physical.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Most of the time, I find a good partner for them during the teen stage.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I would say 1- 2 partners. Most of my sims have stayed with the same person.
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Too many to count. My Sims usually date everyone in town, lol.
    He/Him