The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• llPrincessllllPrincessll Posts: 15 Member
    Been playing Sims for years! I started on the console version because it was co-op. Id prefer it if TS4/TS5 was co-op.
  • Minnie_0329Minnie_0329 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello Everyone! My name is Destiny. I have been playing from sims 1. I started when I was 11 years old. It is really a nostalgic game for me and will forever be in my life! I am currently not playing as often as I would like due to real world things that seem much more fun to do playing sims!! I am a people person and love meeting new people and bonding. If anyone wants to be friends, feel free to add me!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,569 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @UnicornStar32 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is great that you have been simming for many years. You would have enjoyed spending many fun and happy hours over the time building, creating sims and playing in live mode!
    > Your fruit inspired family of sims sound great! They would have been fun to play!
    > Happy simming! :)

Thank you very much. o:)

You’re welcome :)
    edited September 2021
    Well I've been here for a little while now, but I don't believe I ever formerly introduced myself.

Hi, simmers! I'm LynnPlayz1. LynnPlayz was already taken but I doubt that I would have remembered anything else so here we are.

I love words. In the form of books and stories definitely, but also by themselves. Words are fun. Like try saying "flibbertigibbet" aloud and tell me that it's not fun to say. I also like learning about the history of words, their forgotten meanings, and how they relate to each other. Did you know that "awful" comes from "full of awe"? In the past, it could have been used as a synonym for "awesome".

Naturally, I also enjoy writing and storytelling. I love most genres, particularly mystery and fantasy. Sims 4 has been a great way for me to live as my characters, refine their looks, and play through my stories. I aspire to be a published author one day.

Now let me see...how about some fun facts?
    1. My favorite author is JRR Tolkien.
    2. My favorite LoTR character is Tom Bombadil. (Hey dol merry dol)
    3. I love the color teal.
    4. I'm a dog person.
    5. I'm borderline obsessed with cheese.
    6. My favorite fictional detective is Sherlock Holmes.
    7. I prefer old movies to modern ones. From around 1920-1970.
    8. I'd pick Kirk over Picard.
    9. Obi-Wan is my favorite Star Wars character.

And that's a little bit about me. I've really had a nice time here on these forums so far. Everyone is super duper nice. Thanks for having me. :)

Hello @LynnPlayz1 :) It is nice to meet you.
    Words are great! They often have very interesting origins and backgrounds!
    It is very nice that you enjoy writing and story telling. You would be enjoying making simversions of the characters that you write about and seeing them living their lives in your games. I hope you will reach your aspiration to be a published author :)
    It is great to read the fun facts that you have written about yourself. You would like having sim dogs in your sims households. Dogs in the Sims games are cute!
    Happy simming! :)
    Been playing Sims for years! I started on the console version because it was co-op. Id prefer it if TS4/TS5 was co-op.

Hello @Babiephat :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming for many years and started simming by playing the console version. You would have been enjoying playing many households over the time and seeing how their sim lives developed in your games,
    Hello Everyone! My name is Destiny. I have been playing from sims 1. I started when I was 11 years old. It is really a nostalgic game for me and will forever be in my life! I am currently not playing as often as I would like due to real world things that seem much more fun to do playing sims!! I am a people person and love meeting new people and bonding. If anyone wants to be friends, feel free to add me!

Hello @Minnie_0329 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have been since Sims 1 and that you started simming as a child. It is lovely that it has been a part of your life as you grew up. You would have many special memories of fun times spent simming over the years :)
    It is very nice that you enjoy meeting new people and getting to know them.
  • npc5579npc5579 Posts: 20 Member
    I've been playing the sims 4 for a few years. It's the first time I really find this website useful and there are many restrictions for new members.
  • BlackkatnessBlackkatness Posts: 63 Member
    Hello, I'm Blackkatness.

I've been a Simmer since the first Sims City 2000 came out. I remember playing The Sims in the early days. I casually played The Sims off and on. But, I could say it was my favorite game. I never got into the packs before. Sims 4 is the first time I really got into the packs. I've been playing Sims 4 for only a couple of years. I wasn't really even aware of Sims 4, till I saw a 100 Baby Challenge video. So, I got the game about a year ago and then my computer died. I finally got a new computer back in last spring. Now I'm back to playing. I came to the forums, because I had my ideas and suggestions. But, I'm happy to encourage other Simmers' ideas and be part of the discussion of things.
  • BlackkatnessBlackkatness Posts: 63 Member
    edited September 2021
    I tried to redact this comment. Because I realized (after I posted) that it is probably going to look stupid after I looked down and seen 685 pages. Well, there's your real introduction of me. I try to be cool and tactful. But, then it just manages to turn into a dumpster fire.
    npc5579 wrote: Β»
    I've been playing the sims 4 for a few years. It's the first time I really find this website useful and there are many restrictions for new members.

Hello @npc5579 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It it is great that you are finding the forum threads helpful. I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers as you read and post on the threads.
    Hello, I'm Blackkatness.

I've been a Simmer since the first Sims City 2000 came out. I remember playing The Sims in the early days. I casually played The Sims off and on. But, I could say it was my favorite game. I never got into the packs before. Sims 4 is the first time I really got into the packs. I've been playing Sims 4 for only a couple of years. I wasn't really even aware of Sims 4, till I saw a 100 Baby Challenge video. So, I got the game about a year ago and then my computer died. I finally got a new computer back in last spring. Now I'm back to playing. I came to the forums, because I had my ideas and suggestions. But, I'm happy to encourage other Simmers' ideas and be part of the discussion of things.

Hello @Blackkatness :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have been simming since the first Sims City 2000 was released. You would have enjoyed spending many enjoyable days over the time having fun simming. It is great that you are now back playing Sims 4, after getting your new computer. I hope you will enjoy sharing your ideas and suggestions for the game, and discussing with fellow simmers.
  • npc5579npc5579 Posts: 20 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @npc5579 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It it is great that you are finding the forum threads helpful. I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers as you read and post on the threads.

@rosemow Thanks! I hope that I will.
    npc5579 wrote: Β»
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @npc5579 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It it is great that you are finding the forum threads helpful. I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers as you read and post on the threads.

@rosemow Thanks! I hope that I will.

• NadiasCloudNadiasCloud Posts: 10 New Member
    Hey Simmers! I'm NadiasCloud! I've been playing the Sims for as long as I can remember, not 2000 cause I was just born lol but I remember playing The Sims (get together?) on PS2, which I still do occasionally, Sims3 with my brother, and Sims4! I may have played Sims2 but I honestly don't remember. Either way, I LOVE the game franchise. I played Medieval, Freeplay, and Mobile; I miss playing Medieval tbh, it was amazing. I have a YT channel that I post Sims videos on (let's plays, speed builds, shorts) if you care for that. Even though I've played all these versions I'm still somehow a rookie :sweat_smile: I don't know what I've been doing for years.

I love reading and gaming (Tomb Raider, TWD, Arkham City/Asylum, etc.), I also love daydreaming. I write (I have a published book with hopefully more to come!) and watch TV shows/movies.

Don't know what else to say but hope I can learn a lot more of The Sims on here! Have a great day everyone!
    Hey Simmers! I'm NadiasCloud! I've been playing the Sims for as long as I can remember, not 2000 cause I was just born lol but I remember playing The Sims (get together?) on PS2, which I still do occasionally, Sims3 with my brother, and Sims4! I may have played Sims2 but I honestly don't remember. Either way, I LOVE the game franchise. I played Medieval, Freeplay, and Mobile; I miss playing Medieval tbh, it was amazing. I have a YT channel that I post Sims videos on (let's plays, speed builds, shorts) if you care for that. Even though I've played all these versions I'm still somehow a rookie :sweat_smile: I don't know what I've been doing for years.

I love reading and gaming (Tomb Raider, TWD, Arkham City/Asylum, etc.), I also love daydreaming. I write (I have a published book with hopefully more to come!) and watch TV shows/movies.

Don't know what else to say but hope I can learn a lot more of The Sims on here! Have a great day everyone!

Hello @NadiasCloud :) It is nice to meet you.
    It is very nice that you have been simming for a long time, and have played a variety of versions of the Sims. All sims games are enjoyable and fun to play!
    It is great that you have a simming YouTube channel.You may like to post about your Simming channel in the Video Haven section of the forums
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/artist-haven
    It is great that you have published a book! I hope your work on your next book goes well .
  • StruggleBugStruggleBug Posts: 11 New Member
    Hello everybody, StruggleBug here! (I say as though that is a common username for me and not something i made up for this forum)
    I joined this place because I got the urge to play the Sims 3 after watching a ton of LGR videos on it.
    I had sims 3 on xbox 360 a few years ago but didn't get very far because playing with a controller wasn't very intuitive. Before that I put over 200 hours into the Sims 4 on my dad's laptop (making it one of my most played games! I didn't even have any of the expansion packs/game packs)

I was hoping to try mods this time too but I may be not smart enough for it all... Which is why I made this account to ask for help but it seems I have to wait a bit.

Anyway, when I'm not struggling with computers like the 18 YO pensioner I am, I enjoy reading visual novels, watching anime and making fanart of the things I like
    (in terms of other video games, I guess I'm still buzzing from Deltarune chapter 2 but I promise not to spoil anything 😎 )
    Hello everybody, StruggleBug here! (I say as though that is a common username for me and not something i made up for this forum)
    I joined this place because I got the urge to play the Sims 3 after watching a ton of LGR videos on it.
    I had sims 3 on xbox 360 a few years ago but didn't get very far because playing with a controller wasn't very intuitive. Before that I put over 200 hours into the Sims 4 on my dad's laptop (making it one of my most played games! I didn't even have any of the expansion packs/game packs)

I was hoping to try mods this time too but I may be not smart enough for it all... Which is why I made this account to ask for help but it seems I have to wait a bit.

Anyway, when I'm not struggling with computers like the 18 YO pensioner I am, I enjoy reading visual novels, watching anime and making fanart of the things I like
    (in terms of other video games, I guess I'm still buzzing from Deltarune chapter 2 but I promise not to spoil anything 😎 )

Hello @StruggleBug :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you are playing Sims 3. I hope you will continue to enjoy Sims 3 simming! It is very nice that you have also enjoyed playing Sims 4 on your Dad’s laptop.
    This link about Sims 3 mods may help you
    https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=9187.0
    I hope you will enjoy reading and posting on the forum threads, and meeting fellow simmers
  • MelanieScribblesMelanieScribbles Posts: 161 Member

Hello, and welcome to the forums! Don't worry, you're not the only old soul here: I'm 27 years young, but sometimes I sound like I'm 72! :D Hope you can ask for help soon: don't worry, there's plenty of people willing to do so, and the community is known to not judge. Most folks here tend to have a 'there are no stupid questions' kind of attitude about things. A little word of warning, though: once you start with mods, it's hard to stop. The Sims Resource has seen plenty of traffic from me, and I'd say it's a good place to start. I'd especially recommend RemusSirion's profile on there; he has plenty of pretty hairstyles, skin overlays and other cool stuff for CAS.
  • StruggleBugStruggleBug Posts: 11 New Member
    Thank you both, hopefully I'll find my footing soon enough. I have dabbled in mods for stardew valley before (very different to how sims 3 does it) so I can atest to finding it hard to stop yourself from downloading everything. Luckily I have some specific ideas of the types of mods I want so I'll probably ask around in another thread for finding it all. Good to know this place seem friendly to newbs like myself!
    Thank you both, hopefully I'll find my footing soon enough. I have dabbled in mods for stardew valley before (very different to how sims 3 does it) so I can atest to finding it hard to stop yourself from downloading everything. Luckily I have some specific ideas of the types of mods I want so I'll probably ask around in another thread for finding it all. Good to know this place seem friendly to newbs like myself!

• HazellyHazelly Posts: 38 Member
    Hey! I've played the Sims since I first watched lifesimmer's generations ep; the first game I got was sims 3 movie stuff, then I got every game until into the future was released, and after a while, I got sims 2. Then sims 4 was the first game realise I ever experienced. Now I mostly play sims 4; it's a weird experience, especially since origin deleted my account and I had to make a new one, but I love replaying the four. I am currently three generations into my current household :). I'm also a part of a sims community discord which has been tones of fun
    Hazelly wrote: Β»
    Hey! I've played the Sims since I first watched lifesimmer's generations ep; the first game I got was sims 3 movie stuff, then I got every game until into the future was released, and after a while, I got sims 2. Then sims 4 was the first game realise I ever experienced. Now I mostly play sims 4; it's a weird experience, especially since origin deleted my account and I had to make a new one, but I love replaying the four. I am currently three generations into my current household :). I'm also a part of a sims community discord which has been tones of fun

Hello @Hazelly :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims 3 and now also play Sims 4. It is great that you are onto your third generation of your household. It is lovely seeing our sims interact with other generations, and seeing the similarities and differences between family members.
  • LoveDesiLoveDesi Posts: 15 Member
    πŸ”·Hello Simmers! πŸ‘‹πŸΎπŸ˜

My name is KayKay. I love the Sims 4 and I mean everything about it.πŸ˜πŸ‘‰πŸΎπŸ’― I really wish I could help create ideas for the game. I thought of so many. Seriously, I love to play my Sims but I also LOVE😍 to build and create a way for the Sims to Live, Learn, and Grow..πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ

I am 33 years old this year, September. I have a 7 year old daughter who likes the sims as well, though I don't allow her to play much. She does have a creative side. 😊

I love to draw, which is my Natural Talent that I have. I have been drawing for years on and off. I am self-taught and I started with the heads of Disney Cartoons and Anime. Then I branched off to doing realistic drawings and now painting. I would love to draw more and be able to express myself in this way since words don't always work. However, I seem to have drawers block. Or sketchers block..

Lol!..πŸ˜‚ I am not sure. I have been trying my best to work and push through it. 😊πŸ’ͺπŸ’―

Sims for gives you ample of opportunity and ways to express yourself and be as creative as you like and that's what I love most about it. I pray they don't stop working on the Sims, especially for PS4 people at this time. I have invested in so much with this game. That would really be a bummer.πŸ€”πŸ˜§πŸ™„πŸ‘‰πŸΎπŸ€¦πŸΎπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I have a Sims 4 Group on Facebook if anyone would like to join. 😜 This is for Private PS4 only group. I do have rules for this group. You are welcome to join..πŸ˜‰

The name of my group is πŸ‘‰πŸΎπŸ”·Honey Loves Sims 4 Family (PS4 Only)πŸ”·

My profile for Sims is πŸ‘‰πŸΎKFierce_Sims2021. On PS4 its πŸ‘‰πŸΎLOVEDESI28 you can be a friend through here as well. Just send that invite..πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ

πŸ”·Thank you! all for listening & Nice to Meet You All!πŸ‘‹πŸΎπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜
    Hello @LoveDesi :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you are enjoying playing and building in Sims 4. It is a very enjoyable and fun game!
    Maybe one day your daughter will become a simmer just like you are :)
    It is very nice that you enjoy drawing. It is a special way to express our creativity.
  • LoveDesiLoveDesi Posts: 15 Member
    @rosemow Thank you! for responding to my post. πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘‰πŸΎπŸ’―

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top