Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many romantic interests do your Sims usually have?

I'm curious about how widely your "featured" Sims play the romantic field. I'm sure many of you have Sims who approach romance differently, but how would you describe your typical playing style?
Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
Yevsas mairzeemo!

How many romantic interests do your Sims usually have? 148 votes

None. My Sims fly solo and don't pursue romance.
5%
NighteyesBoergeAarg61GrumpyGlowfishTTNsimmerRouensimsFlikka_Flikka[Deleted User]JustMeAlb 8 votes
One. My Sims find The One, or enter the Simworld as half of a couple.
60%
crocobauraauroraael14Sara1010PGalacticGalAlexairudolphaJueJuePlayerSinger2010Mi9shaoscarIsb917SusanaLeoteCaitxcatBeardedgeeksimgirl1010stilljustme2MindofyTorieLustianiciapajamajam07Mizzila1297 90 votes
2-5. There's more than one fish in the sea, but not too many.
27%
bshag4lvBreeSashalisamwittimhappyTheSpotted_CBloosmooPaigeisin5loubylouloualanmichael1SimplyJenDaraviSelinaKylessherristar13snoepjes1210blur0seMarkwilsonEnkiSchmidtSimzilla_7QuaayMDianaSims 40 votes
6-10. If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.
2%
taydevHermitgirlBlackkatnessWangJi 4 votes
As many as possible. Sworn to fun, loyal to none.
4%
Sablesashaironknight35Missmagoo2bookish_sammyNate_Whiplash1talongirl6 6 votes

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I do have different preferences for different characters, but I suppose my favorite thing is the childhood friend trope with several Sims growing up together and ending up with shared romantic tension. It generally culminates in the soulmate thing, though, and I rarely put the effort into romantic relationships for them not to pan out.

I don't know OP, do I belong in the 2nd or the 3rd category on your poll?
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    I do have different preferences for different characters, but I suppose my favorite thing is the childhood friend trope with several Sims growing up together and ending up with shared romantic tension. It generally culminates in the soulmate thing, though, and I rarely put the effort into romantic relationships for them not to pan out.

I don't know OP, do I belong in the 2nd or the 3rd category on your poll?

@Calico45 You're probably in the 2nd category, since your Sims usually end up paired. Unless your Sims maintain several relationships with pink bars, I'd say you're a Cat 2.

Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    My sims are perpetually loners (most of the time), with the exception of being romantic to get an heir for the next generation... I have no idea where that would be haha :lol: It's all these challenges I try!
    My sims are perpetually loners (most of the time), with the exception of being romantic to get an heir for the next generation... I have no idea where that would be haha :lol: It's all these challenges I try!

@Mizzila1297 I'm thinking you're a Cat 2 as well, since your Sims don't collect lovers.

I appreciate the responses and the comments!
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    90% of my sims only have one relationship with their soulmate (or someone close enough to that to get the next generation going). I’ve had a few sims whose teenage relationships didn’t pan out once they grew up, as well as a few sims whose story ends with them. Those are infrequent enough I’m willing to say they each sim gets their one.
  • TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    Every Sim is different but in general, I love to give my simmies options and have them date a little bit. Usually, there will be about 3 love interests for them to choose from before I finally have my sim settle on one. But I have sims who have only been with their high school sweethearts and sims who used the Serial Romantic aspiration to be in faux-poly relationships.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,870 Member
    Easy poll.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Usually only 1, but you did specify romantic "interest", which can happen from a sim flirting, or being flirted with a couple of times.
    Easy poll.

@Ellupelluellu Sometimes they're easy. :)

Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,870 Member
    Easy poll.

@Ellupelluellu Sometimes they're easy. :)

Hehe, yes, not so often , though :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    Arzekial wrote: »
    Usually only 1, but you did specify romantic "interest", which can happen from a sim flirting, or being flirted with a couple of times.

@Arzekial And that's why I phrased it the way I did. I wanted an option that described the Simmer whose main characters might have a few connections with pink relationship bars, perhaps Sims their featured character might have been on occasional dates with or shared a kiss or two.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    It depends on my sim with how many romantic interests they have.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Usually one, but I do play long term with the same sim so after a long time I start to get bored of a partner and want someone new for my sim
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,848 Member
    Totally varies depending on the character. I have asexual characters who don't date at all, and Diego Lobo who feels something is wrong if there haven't been several new "dates" each week.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited September 2021
    Hmm. It really depends on which sim and which save I'm playing at any given time. Some are faithful to a "one and only" while others are downright hedonistic. I guess most of mine fall somewhere in between, but not always permanently. Some play around (some play around A LOT) for quite a while and later settle down in their own way. That might mean with one partner, but it might also mean with more than one (in committed relationships, that is). And some never do settle at all (into committed relationships); they keep playing until they die. Then there are a few who never even look for romance and are usually successful at not finding it.

Edit: I tried to pick a poll option but I found that my "typical way" is harder to pinpoint than I realized. :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    I've made a few tries at the family side of The Sims but couldn't stay interested in it. When I get something new that has a woohoo action I eventually try it out but usually get bored with that after one or two goes at it. Had a few autonomous openings of the pink relations bar only for it to fade away. With a single exception all my sims have turned out to be real loners.
    The cake is a lie
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    It really depends, but my Sims seem to end up with “Single and Loving It” fairly often. I also have a lot of Sims in monogamous relationships. Pretty much my only Sim in a love triangle/rectangle is Claire from the Eco Lifestyle trailer. All three of the Pries brothers are at least partially in love with her.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    It actually varies a lot, but as I usually play on a longer than normal lifespan, my sims don't need to marry the first person they get romantic with.
    Honourable mention for all time record holder Don Lothario, he had over 80 romantic interests (and 100 kids) :joy: (trust me, my other sims don't get around that much)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    As many as possible. Sworn to fun, loyal to none.
    Depends on the Sim, but I enjoy playing romance sims. My one sim was married twice, but she had a few lovers on the side. Her daughter is a romance sim who will have multiple partners when she gets older. However, I also have sims who met their high school sweetheart and have only been with that person.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Usually just one -- but with my current save, my Sim met a girl at University but it wasn't till after I moved her into the household after he graduated that I found out she had a strong Romance bar with another one of the roommates in the dorm. Could have probably played that up a bit but decided to just have her do the "just be friends" with the other guy.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    For now it's really different per generation for my save. One generation the sims have only one romantic interest and the next one has 8. 🤣 So I went with the middle option.
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited September 2021
    I voted one, but only because my sims were always monogamous and are always in committed relationships. These days, however, they are often in committed, polyamorous relationships, wherein they tend to play out like little families.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited September 2021
    Usually just one. I am a boring simmer :D
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 890 Member
    My first generation Sims always start out as a pair and I normally already know who their kids are going to pair up with in the second generation, third gen and after I don't always have planned out in advance, but they almost always find one partner during their teen years and stick with them.
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    The majority of my sims marry the first person they date. I’ve had a few sims that didn’t but they only dated one or two other people before they found the one. I’ve also had a couple of sims get divorced but that’s rare.