Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5

AvatarBoyAvatarBoy Posts: 1,147 Member
This hasn't been on my mind much compared to others, I never really indulged in S5 gossip, or speculation. But, I was just browsing some gaming videos, & I realized how beautiful & cool, the Fortnite games animation looked. It kind of reminded me of The Sims, but a more advanced; & obviously better graphics, I do wonder if EA/Sims, will go that route with a future game, actually I'd love to see the same graphics for Sims 5. Along with better gameplay, lore, & fair content for the base game included. & I know they're both different games, but just use of similar content would be interesting.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimg4.looper.com%2Fimg%2Fgallery%2Fheres-why-fortnite-is-still-worth-playing-in-2021%2Fl-intro-1610123241.jpg&f=1&nofb=1
?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.9B2d9iCPwHni9tdYE4viXQHaHa%26pid%3DApi&f=1

Maybe worlds like this? Open this time

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.WDn-ID-XH3hpC644Y_kJAwHaFj%26pid%3DApi&f=1
?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.4VZqfEaLXFE_McI_QI5tMwHaD9%26pid%3DApi&f=1

Cars, finally. Opening doors, an open world feel

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.2bAiQt8wxjKJXLTApx1AxAHaEK%26pid%3DApi&f=1
?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.VprEkDLUUmtoPfLRHnjgjwHaEK%26pid%3DApi&f=1
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    If we're talking about graphics capabilities, sure. I'd expect something as capable for a newer game. But the art style? No, not at all fond of that one.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • AvatarBoyAvatarBoy Posts: 1,147 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    If we're talking about graphics capabilities, sure. I'd expect something as capable for a newer game. But the art style? No, not at all fond of that one.

That's fair, but yeah. Definitely the graphics capabilities, that would be a great improvement
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »

Totally agree, don't care for the art style either.
  • CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    Yeah I wouldbe for it, I doubt I will be buying Sims 5 though because it seems they will be making it MMO which is not at all appealing to me. So I am not getting my hopes up on anything because I doubt I will buy ts5 when it comes out.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I would only buy Sims 5 if it can do much more than Sims 4 can do and have features that would blow my mind. Sims 4 for me was a putz for me as EA/Maxis put more focus on items than features and Sims 5 must do more than look like an art show.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    I would only buy Sims 5 if it can do much more than Sims 4 can do and have features that would blow my mind. Sims 4 for me was a putz for me as EA/Maxis put more focus on items than features and Sims 5 must do more than look like an art show.

Same here, granted there has been a lot of improvement, but there is even more that has been lost over the years. I don't remember very much about the original sims, but in Sims 2, and 3 there are quite a few little things not included in 4. Things such as bathing a baby in the sink, handing the baby off to another sim, taking the baby out for a walk, and not being attached to a bassanet. Kids and teens being able to jump on the couch. There is so much more, but I'm not up for posting very much today.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I love that art style, but I don’t really want cars or an open world.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    This is the art style already as far as it being stylized and not realism. Id like open neighborhood rather than open world
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    All of this is most likely irrelevant, because it will probably be at least a couple of years before TS5 comes out. EA/Maxis have proven they are willing to milk TS4 for every dime they can---as long as there is profit to be made, TS4 will keep rolling along
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited September 2021
    An open neighborhood is the same as an open world except an neighborhood is smaller than an world and what one could do in an open world can be done in an open neighborhood, the only difference is all the neighborhoods are connected.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • ac3nyofaceac3nyoface Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm posting on this because I cant seem to start my own. I can only hope (if and maybe when?) a new sims is brought out--it will be so much better and more thought out. I keep trying to want to like this whole version, and yes I keep buying into it. Every time I find myself missing Sims3 and sometimes Sim2. I found the open world AMAZING in Sims3, and the continuation of generation time line to keep with Sims1/2 stories. So much collective effort and care seems to have been taken into storylines. Now I know that's not everyone's cup of tea (i.e. building tools, etc.). But I whole heartedly miss the old sims and storylines and story progress :(. I find myself just playing 2 and 3 to remember my favorite sims families/ and in Sim3's case story progression.
    Call me old fashioned (coming from someone that started playing Sims at the age of 12, I'm now 32 *ugh*)
    With the updates that have come in technology and being able to stream updates etc. I can't help but think something better could germanite from the lull this genre has become in my opinion. Please no hateful back lash, just a opinion.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I prefer cartoon style graphics but not really these ones shown in the post. I'd rather have something similar to the Sims 4 but just improved.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    All of this is most likely irrelevant, because it will probably be at least a couple of years before TS5 comes out. EA/Maxis have proven they are willing to milk TS4 for every dime they can---as long as there is profit to be made, TS4 will keep rolling along

EA/Maxis has kept Sims 4 going for 7 years now-how much longer do they think they can keep milking a series that keeps on having bugs and glitches piling up?
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member

EA/Maxis has kept Sims 4 going for 7 years now-how much longer do they think they can keep milking a series that keeps on having bugs and glitches piling up?

as long as people keep buying packs
  • Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    I really like that style! The maps especially are very beautiful.
    I like the cartoony aspect, though some may not. I feel like there's a common ground possible there, though, it would just take some work.
    I wouldn't change anything about those worlds, graphics-wise. The Sims themselves? I do feel like they could have some better shading and textures, which is where they may be able to dull down some of the very cartoon vibes. I still really like the very clean and somewhat exaggerated features in TS2 and TS4, as well as the photos above. But I've always been one for cartoons over realism!

That was my only complaint with TS3, it's graphics just didn't feel like Sims to me. Most Sims' faces were all too smooth, too rounded... It is still near impossible for me to make a "Manly-man" type Sim in TS3 for my Viking world :lol: I just always liked the stark edges and shadows in TS2, and TS4's style is just amazing to me, as well as other games that are similar. Even WoW still has that cartoony/fantasy factor that I just adore, but also the textures aren't too bad (when you consider the age of the game, too!)
  • MH92MH92 Posts: 12 New Member
    I'd like for them to take direct inspiration from the current Sims 4 art style. Say what you will about TS4, but the art style has helped it date better than TS3. The 'sculpted' look harkens back to TS2 & TS1, they were also blocky but that was more down to technology, but I think TS4 does a great job of acknowledging that and making it a conscience design choice.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    The Fortnight characters are more stylized compared to TS4 Sims and in my opinion way way too clayified. It’s almost like taking a step “back” if you look at it closely.
    I find the Sims 4 art style to be well suited for the Sims, but I’d like the addition of a dynamic physics system and more advanced slider menus so that we can create an even greater variety of looks for our sims.
    With this I mean hair dynamics, height sliders, better facial sculpting options and a skin detail creator similar to what our cats and dogs get in Cats & Dogs.
  • PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    Anything would be better than the plastic-looking game we have now. I mean, Sims 4 does a lot of things well, but the textures all look plastic to me. When a supposedly-wooden table looks plastic, that's a problem. Also, I'd love to see an open world again. That was my #1 disappointment when Sims 4 first came out.