Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5

1235...Next

Comments

• DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    I am sorry to say, but I don't think The Sims 5 is or will be in development anytime soon, The Sims 4 will continue for a few more years, then it will stop, then we are down to just mobile, which, I am not excited about.
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    If they ever create TS5, I'd just want it to be some sort of fusion game consisting of the best features from all of the previous installments. And of course something new and shiny added every once in a while. It'll never happen but oh boy I want it!
  • SimfinaticSimfinatic Posts: 2 New Member
    I agree with your list!!! I especially like the idea of slowly transitioning ages. I’d like to see a newborn baby, an infant baby, a small toddler, a child, a preteen, a teenager, a young adult, an adult, middle age, then elder....

One thing that I hope they bring to sims 5 is REALISTIC babies... I hope the babies can be put on furniture, I hope they release more furniture for babies(play pen, swing, walker, stroller, etc) I hope the babies start by sitting up on their own, then crawling, then grabbing onto furniture to stand, then start walking. I want them to be able to be put into a car seat.... all that. I just like more realism.
  • SimfinaticSimfinatic Posts: 2 New Member
    I would also like paying bills to be more realistic ... every object has a certain amount of water/electricity/garbage they consume... I hope that they break the bills up into categories

One of the best things that could be for sims 5 would be making it online to where your friends can be in the same neighborhood as you.

I hope the sims 5 comes with more variety of everything. Tons and tons of hairstyles, outfits, traits, recipes, etc)
    Simfinatic wrote: »
    I would also like paying bills to be more realistic ... every object has a certain amount of water/electricity/garbage they consume... I hope that they break the bills up into categories

One of the best things that could be for sims 5 would be making it online to where your friends can be in the same neighborhood as you.

I hope the sims 5 comes with more variety of everything. Tons and tons of hairstyles, outfits, traits, recipes, etc)

I agree with you besides the point about online, I mean, I wouldn't mind an online "Space" where you could connect with other simmers and have your sims meet, but other than that I wouldn't agree.
  • aria2345aria2345 Posts: 33 Member
    I really love your ideas! I was thinking the other day what I really want to see are adjustable foundation heights, like having multiple different foundation heights on a single lot- to make split level decks and rooms without needing cheats or creative building hacks. Although- I saw a split level living room in the Climate house during the seasons livestream. So maybe it already exists and I just don't realize it lol
    Check out my Legacy Blog! I'm not much of a writer- but I think I'm funny. Though- humor is subjective. :)
    viridivalues.weebly.com
    aria2345 wrote: »
    I really love your ideas! I was thinking the other day what I really want to see are adjustable foundation heights, like having multiple different foundation heights on a single lot- to make split level decks and rooms without needing cheats or creative building hacks. Although- I saw a split level living room in the Climate house during the seasons livestream. So maybe it already exists and I just don't realize it lol

It doesn't exist but you can make it. I can't exactly remember how though.
  • dlaremedlareme Posts: 20 Member
    Wow! This is so well thought out, I almost thought you were a game developer! Seriously, I need this so badly!
    dlareme wrote: »
    Wow! This is so well thought out, I almost thought you were a game developer! Seriously, I need this so badly!

Thank you! Some of my ideas I know would most likely never happen but still, I like to present the idea.
  • Funpuppy_sims345Funpuppy_sims345 Posts: 139 Member
    All i want in sims 5 is pre teens thats all
    Corgis4life
  • kjkjkj123kjkjkj123 Posts: 51 Member
    I love the gradual aging idea. For me, I've always felt it was a bit unrealistic to have my child sim as an innocent kid one day and a teenager that looks like they're in their mid-teens the next. Not only would this idea be more realistic, but the sims would live longer too.

I guess one problem is that it's going to take a lot of work and be difficult to implement.
    tumblr_mp33xbxIYg1rg0s30o1_250.gifBenzi chibna looble bazebni gweb
  • CarolinaCanCarolinaCan Posts: 116 Member
    edited June 2018
    "The Sims 5"

with expansion packs like

"The Sims 5: Nuclear Waste"
    "The Sims 5: Giant Mutated Rats"
    "The Sims 5: Communism"
    "The Sims 5: Sharknado"
    "The Sims 5: Detroit"
    "The Sims 5: YoloSwag"
  • daniellelwildaniellelwil Posts: 2 New Member
    This is a year later posting this.... But anyway :)

Hi everyone, I'm a sims fan who plays for the realism of life. I love creating realistic scenarios and playing life in this game. These are just some things I would love to see in The Sims 5!

My Wish-list:

. Open world--> Definitely! I miss it so much from the Sims 3.

. CAW--> I really miss creating my own worlds and populating them with my own sim families.

. Smoother animation--> Me personally, I think today's advancement in technology could see better graphics and performance times when sims talk and move. I just found sims 3 motions were awkward and didn't provide much personality then sims 4 to me is to OTT and fake. When a sim is sad sims 4 makes it dead obvious they're sad. Like the emotions are way toooo far-fetched. So in the sims 5, I would want to see more realistic emotions and smoother animations when talking.

. Swifter life stages--> Newborn (small & boring whatever understandable coz it's just been born) - baby (Like newborns but slightly bigger & more developed but with hair and can open their eyes and make noises etc, like they wiggle around in their cot and can laugh etc..) - Toddler (Keep them same like sims 4 just maybe make them more mischievous..?) - child (7 or 8 year old, they can walk & talk, play in the sandpit and slide down a slide but are still only a small step up from toddler so like they can fully walk but are still really young) - preteen (like an 11 or 12 year old, normal child) - teen (Don't make them too lazy or moody but make their emotions slightly more sensitive, get jobs, drive cars, have BF or GF) - Adolescent (18 years old) - Young adult (Same) - Adult (Same) - Elder (Same)

. Autonomous outfit changes every day (Pick a style or fashion your sim likes then the computer automates an outfit every day based off the fashion preference & obviously you can manually change this outfit)

. Realistic getting into cars--> I think technology is advanced enough to make sims actually walk to their car, get in it, reverse (Whilst looking behind their shoulder etc..) and drive away all the while the husband or wife with their toddler in their arms waves them off to work. Just realistic details like this really would add to the game!!!

. Grocery shopping--> Players should be able to watch their sim do grocery shopping so like when you click on the grocery shopping button, you can order what you want to buy then send them to the shop while they "pick out the stuff you bought" when in actual fact it's just the satisfaction of creating realism watching them supposedly pick out the stuff they need.

. Height manipulation--> You should be able to manipulate how tall your sim is using a potentially similar tool like CAS in using a slider or something to achieve this.

. Improved timing--> It doesn't take you 1 hour to shower so why does it in the sims 3 and 4? Also, in a realistic world, people work. So they don't have 2 hours to prepare baked beans and eat them. They should be called quick meals for a reason!!!!

. NO CONTROLLING OF PETS!!! PETS SHOULD BE AN ADDITION TO A HOUSEHOLD AND TREATED AS SUCH NOT A WHOLE OTHER VERSION OF SIMS WHERE WE NOW CONTROL THE LIFE OF OUR PETS!!! DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN?

. More realistic visuals in landscaping, better shadowing, color saturation, texture

. An actual garbage truck should come by your house and actually physically empty garbage bins just like in real life!

This is all for now :) I could write heaps more but thanks for reading all this if you made it to here :)
  • creedlescreedles Posts: 60 Member
    > @daniellelwil said:
    > This is a year later posting this.... But anyway :)
    >
    > Hi everyone, I'm a sims fan who plays for the realism of life. I love creating realistic scenarios and playing life in this game. These are just some things I would love to see in The Sims 5!
    >
    >
    > My Wish-list:
    >
    > . Open world--> Definitely! I miss it so much from the Sims 3.
    >
    > . CAW--> I really miss creating my own worlds and populating them with my own sim families.
    >
    > . Smoother animation--> Me personally, I think today's advancement in technology could see better graphics and performance times when sims talk and move. I just found sims 3 motions were awkward and didn't provide much personality then sims 4 to me is to OTT and fake. When a sim is sad sims 4 makes it dead obvious they're sad. Like the emotions are way toooo far-fetched. So in the sims 5, I would want to see more realistic emotions and smoother animations when talking.
    >
    > . Swifter life stages--> Newborn (small & boring whatever understandable coz it's just been born) - baby (Like newborns but slightly bigger & more developed but with hair and can open their eyes and make noises etc, like they wiggle around in their cot and can laugh etc..) - Toddler (Keep them same like sims 4 just maybe make them more mischievous..?) - child (7 or 8 year old, they can walk & talk, play in the sandpit and slide down a slide but are still only a small step up from toddler so like they can fully walk but are still really young) - preteen (like an 11 or 12 year old, normal child) - teen (Don't make them too lazy or moody but make their emotions slightly more sensitive, get jobs, drive cars, have BF or GF) - Adolescent (18 years old) - Young adult (Same) - Adult (Same) - Elder (Same)
    >
    > . Autonomous outfit changes every day (Pick a style or fashion your sim likes then the computer automates an outfit every day based off the fashion preference & obviously you can manually change this outfit)
    >
    > . Realistic getting into cars--> I think technology is advanced enough to make sims actually walk to their car, get in it, reverse (Whilst looking behind their shoulder etc..) and drive away all the while the husband or wife with their toddler in their arms waves them off to work. Just realistic details like this really would add to the game!!!
    >
    > . Grocery shopping--> Players should be able to watch their sim do grocery shopping so like when you click on the grocery shopping button, you can order what you want to buy then send them to the shop while they "pick out the stuff you bought" when in actual fact it's just the satisfaction of creating realism watching them supposedly pick out the stuff they need.
    >
    > . Height manipulation--> You should be able to manipulate how tall your sim is using a potentially similar tool like CAS in using a slider or something to achieve this.
    >
    > . Improved timing--> It doesn't take you 1 hour to shower so why does it in the sims 3 and 4? Also, in a realistic world, people work. So they don't have 2 hours to prepare baked beans and eat them. They should be called quick meals for a reason!!!!
    >
    > . NO CONTROLLING OF PETS!!! PETS SHOULD BE AN ADDITION TO A HOUSEHOLD AND TREATED AS SUCH NOT A WHOLE OTHER VERSION OF SIMS WHERE WE NOW CONTROL THE LIFE OF OUR PETS!!! DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN?
    >
    > . More realistic visuals in landscaping, better shadowing, color saturation, texture
    >
    > . An actual garbage truck should come by your house and actually physically empty garbage bins just like in real life!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This is all for now :) I could write heaps more but thanks for reading all this if you made it to here :)
    >

I agree with this. Sims should look more realistic too, not cartoony. One thing I would love is in CAS for sims to stay still and be quiet so I can create them in peace. And when it comes to idle behavior, they don't need to laugh and sigh every second, especially when they watch movies. And only foodies should be the ones to sniff their food. How is a sim supposed to be unique from the other when they all sniff their food while waving their hands in circles?
  • daniellelwildaniellelwil Posts: 2 New Member
    @creedles

I would love see realistic shadow effects like realistic colours of the sky making trees cast awesome shadows. I would also love to see CAW to come back as an external program but more interactive this time round. What is your favourite type of world to play in? I personally the surburban, green trees kind of city-town like world. I love creating my own sims to move into my worlds etc....
    I am a real-life player and I play for the realism.
  • NicknellFamilyNicknellFamily Posts: 57 Member
    I wonder, if The Sims 5 is online, if the online part will be having other player's sims show up at venues instead of townies or random sims. You would be able to see them walking around the neighborhood and interact with them in preset lots. I wouldn't care if I wouldn't be able to have them visit a custom lot that I built.
    Thank you all for helping me to "Own the Store"! It was a great adventure.
  • verlaineverlaine Posts: 33 Member
    Open world+1
  • simopolissimopolis Posts: 147 Member
    Great fun! The more I think about it the more I think that the sims 5 could be the best in the series yet! Here's what I would like to see:

World:
    Create a world where you place roads and lots of varying sizes and decorate the world
    Open world (no loading screens)
    Larger map that connects worlds to each other
    Have to book airfare to visit another world
    Holiday homes and vacation rentals in other worlds that can be visited and stayed in for a time without losing relationships
    Add each world to the map manually from premade options or create a world

Community lots:
    Each community lot hosts active careers (bartender at bar, waitress or chef at restaurant, shopkeeper at store, etc)
    Community lots can be owned and generate income from rent
    Can designate multiple functions for each lot (restaurant and store, bar and restaurant, etc)

Residential lots:
    Residential lots can be owned and generate income from rent
    Sims can rent instead of buying
    Residential lots can be combined with community lot types (store below housing etc)
    Residential lots can be combined with other residential lots (apartments)

Build/buy:
    Furniture can become shabby and need repairing/refinishing
    Furniture can be bought at stores or through catalogue
    Furniture can be made or put together for cheaper
    Furniture can be bought secondhand at yard sales
    Furniture can only be sold at yardsale, to store, or trashed
    All items from rugs to nightstands have various impact on room score which impacts sims comfort level so there is a reason to upgrade and buy furniture beyond aesthetics

Create a sim:
    Sims need to get haircuts or they will become shabby which affects their relationships and job performance
    Sims need to buy or repair clothing or they will become shabby which affects relationships and job performance
    Sliders for height, age, skin color, hair color, features, etc
    Genetics work by averaging parents attributes
    Personal finances for each sim

Work:
    Sims have to interview to land jobs
    All jobs have corresponding workplace that if built in the world player can follow sim to work and actively perform job responsibilities
    Expansion packs could add more job types
    Promotions simply increase payrate, to get a new title and role, you must apply and have an interview

School:
    School performance influences skill acquisition, relationships, and landing careers
    Schools can be built by the player and owned like all community lots
    Teachers can work at schools as active careers
    Children and teens attend school if there is one built in the world and can be followed by player
    Expansion pack could add more school events like graduation, prom, sports, etc

Travel:
    Cars, planes, helicopters, bikes, skateboards, fitness level, supernatural abilities, all influence how sims get from place to place
    Cars cost money to run and need to be repaired if broken and break more often if low quality unless upgraded
    Planes cost money but allow sims to travel between worlds for less money
    Bikes skateboards etc allow sims to travel between lots more quickly than walking
    Fitness level increases as sims work out and walk and more fit sims walk and run more quickly
    Expansion pack could add more travel activities like photography, surfing, kayaking, hiking, etc

Relationships:
    Uneven relationships
    Turn on and turn offs
    Each activity impacts relationship bars (sims who approve of an action gain relationship and vice versa)
    Sims with similar interests gain relationship faster when talking about that interest together
    Sims can notice other sims and gain relationship with them by observing them (crush)
    Expansion pack could add more depth to relationships with wedding planning, honeymoons, stag and hens nights, elaborate proposals, etc
    Inheritances based on relationship status at time of death

Family:
    Rather than controlling a whole family one at a time, the player can choose to switch between all sims in the community at will
    Family tree and memories from major life events along with personal bio and personal photo album documenting each sims life events which is saved a viewable from their grave once they have passed
    Traits are inherited or developed based on life experiences

Skills:
    Each job has a related skill (bartending has mixology, cheffing has cooking, stylist has styling, furniture maker has woodworking, tailor has sewing, and all of these skills can be used at home to do at home haircuts, make furniture from scratch, make meals, make own clothes, etc, but might not be done as well as someone in the profession)
    Skill level can decrease if the skill has not been used in a while

Personality:
    Each trait is continuously evolving on a continuum between one extreme and another
    The more a sim engages in polite conversation, the more kind they become and vice versa with mean interactions
    Each continuum has different effects on a sim (a kind sim is more likely to be liked by other kind sims, and builds relationships more easily and vice versa)
    Traits could include: active-lazy, attractive-gross, kind-mean, funny-boring, creative-unoriginal, smart-stupid, outgoing-shy, calm-anxious, etc

Emotions:
    Im not sure I would use the emotional system as it is in the game as it dictates the emotional experience rather than letting the player interpret the emotional element of their sims which is often more complicated than the system allows for
    Perhaps letting the storytelling element of the photo album work to develop emotional system organically for each player
    Or, adding more nuanced emotions such as jealous, angry, upset, furious, disgusted, anguished, curious, surprised, frightened, defeated, etc with a better calibration system that allows jealousy for instance, to play a larger role when appropriate

Interests:
    Interests in things could dictate what things a sim is drawn to in other sims, activities they engage in, jobs, furnishings, locations, as well as their wants
    Each interest has a level determining how "into" something a sim is that can be increased by reading magazines or talking about the interest

Goals:
    The game generates goals/wants that take all of a sims personality, interests, relationships, skills, etc into account and generates ideas for what a sim could be working to accomplish
    Goals/wants could include: gain x relationship with sim x, gain skill in x, build trait x, build x interest, etc
    When a goal/want is accomplished it gives the sim confidence points which can then allow them to take a risk - buy a lottery ticket, ask someone out, apply for a job, buy a house, move out, propose, try for a baby etc. which can all be unlocked with confidence points
    Bigger life goals cost more confidence points
    Failing to accomplish a want results in a reduction of confidence points
    Allow the player to determine what each sims wants and goals are by having a new mode/window called aspiration mode where sims can set goals/wants themselves
    Goals/wants are indicated in gameplay mode as ghost outlines of where the sim would like to improve

Multi-player functionality:
    Gallery expanded to include whole worlds
    That's all