Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should destination worlds be made livable?

simopolissimopolis Posts: 147 Member
edited September 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Now that we have rental lot types in all worlds would you prefer to make Selvadorada and Granite Falls like all the other worlds?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Should destination worlds be made livable? 59 votes

Yes…keep locals and cool things to do there but let us live there if we want!
89% 53 votes
No…I don’t want my sims living in those worlds, thanks!
10% 6 votes

Comments

• Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Absolutely. I will never understand why these worlds and certain lots are restricted. All worlds and lots should be open for our sims to live or vacation in as we see fit. For players who want such a restriction, the option should be available to change the world or lot types to suit their own gameplay.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    I was disappointed when I found out that they only changed residential worlds to vacation worlds and not the other way around. I would love for my archaeologist sim to be able to live in selvadora. And a world without roads and cars like granite falls is always useful to build without the decor buildings dictating the style.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Definitely! Zerbu’s mod to make these worlds residential is the most important mod I use.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited September 2021
    Yes, I want an archeologist to be able to live in Silvadorado, and we definitely should be able to visit these places without having to spend the night. National parks are open for people to visit during the day, and a few of my lots in granite falls are community lots. I don’t use mods or CC, so I would like these worlds to be opened up.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    Definitely! Zerbu’s mod to make these worlds residential is the most important mod I use.

I just started using this mod. I love it!
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I was disappointed when I found out that they only changed residential worlds to vacation worlds and not the other way around. I would love for my archaeologist sim to be able to live in selvadora. And a world without roads and cars like granite falls is always useful to build without the decor buildings dictating the style.

You took the words right out of my mouth. 👍🏼
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

You took the words right out of my mouth. 👍🏼

And mine!

Adding to that, I'm not entirely against certain kinds of destination worlds being unavailable for residential lots. Batuu works better, in my opinion, as a "closed world" because of the nature of its very existence. Well, I personally wouldn't actually mind being able to set a real residence there, but it wouldn't make much sense for more than one such lot to exist there. It's not like our sims could really have friends and neighbors over for... whatever.

However, worlds like Granite Falls and (especially) Selvadorada could -- and in my opinion should -- indeed lend themselves to more than one residential lot. But even just one would be so much better than none.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I so want some of my human sims to live in Granite Falls & Selvadorada.
    I also really, really want my Aliens & Hybrids to live in Batuu.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »

It looks like a great mod. But with monthly updates and looking for mod updates, I only use the bare minimum of mods. Once Sims 4 is 'finished' and ea moved on to releasing Sims 5 content, I will get this mod.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited September 2021
    End users should have the option of living in whatever neighborhood they want their Sims to live in if they can just find the space w/o deleting or changing lots as it always come down to space that is available.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited September 2021
    To quote what I said on a related question:
    KyreRoen wrote: »
    As we move away from US-centricity in The Sims (and as more people opt to have their sims live elsewhere), Sims 4's vacation system (placing down a rental anywhere) allows for more customisability to one's idea of the world and its configuration. Not to mention that even within range of one's abode, one can set rentals to act as getaways and rendezvous spots.

The last step is just to make the current "destination worlds" livable, and only make themed worlds (like Batuu) vacation-only.
    It makes no sense to have reasonably livable worlds closed off only for travel, anymore. Other than Batuu, there's no advantage to it.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    My bias definitely is I want this since I hate the vacation system which makes those two worlds largely useless to me otherwise, but even approaching this from the neutral perspective of who it would hurt says to do it because it doesn't hurt anyone. People that only want to vacation would and people that want to reside would. No one is hurt by allowing others to treat it as they please.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    My bias definitely is I want this since I hate the vacation system which makes those two worlds largely useless to me otherwise, but even approaching this from the neutral perspective of who it would hurt says to do it because it doesn't hurt anyone. People that only want to vacation would and people that want to reside would. No one is hurt by allowing others to treat it as they please.

I agree with your post and I see no problem if one can live in these neighborhoods if they wish. It is an choice that should be left up to the player. CL is useless to me as I am forced to live in CL neighborhood if I want to live an apt which I feel Apts should be available in all neighborhoods as Sims 4 is supposed to be an sandbox and I look at it as an limit to my creativity.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Ideally this would be paired with an option to keep sims “local” or “locals only” in manage your worlds or settings as this was one feature of destination worlds that made them unique. I believe Selvadoradan locals only show up in Selvadorada (correct me if I’m wrong) and this functionality could really enhance the entire game if added to the rest of the game. (Also the ability to delete and add worlds to a save space) (and the ability to limit npc generation and walk bys)
  • Options
    simopolis wrote: »
    Ideally this would be paired with an option to keep sims “local” or “locals only” in manage your worlds or settings as this was one feature of destination worlds that made them unique. I believe Selvadoradan locals only show up in Selvadorada (correct me if I’m wrong) and this functionality could really enhance the entire game if added to the rest of the game. (Also the ability to delete and add worlds to a save space) (and the ability to limit npc generation and walk bys)

Selvadorada locals (their internal designation being Jungle Native, if I recall correctly) show up all the time in my saves. Well, if at least one of my sims has already been to Selvadorada, that is. There are mods you can use to slow their spawning, but I personally don't mind having them around. If my played sims can travel, why can't they? :sunglasses:
  • Options
    VeeDub wrote: »
    Selvadorada locals (their internal designation being Jungle Native, if I recall correctly) show up all the time in my saves. Well, if at least one of my sims has already been to Selvadorada, that is. There are mods you can use to slow their spawning, but I personally don't mind having them around. If my played sims can travel, why can't they? :sunglasses:

I think I just want that feature... to be able to restrict sims to their world unless on vacation. Also would prefer if sims stayed on vacation when rotating to another household so we could play rotationally with sims staying nearby on vacation and showing up on lots (because I prefer sims to be restricted to their worlds when I play) but that could be just my personal preference to how I would like the game to work, and I know a lot of other players like to let their sims explore the world as they please. To me that just defeats the purpose of even having rental lots as sims can just go where they like from their homes without having to pay money. I guess this is one element of realism I wish the game catered to more. I would love if it cost money and took time to travel to different lots and worlds. It would make gameplay a little harder and more fun in my opinion but I know some people disagree.
  • Options
    simopolis wrote: »
    VeeDub wrote: »

I think I just want that feature... to be able to restrict sims to their world unless on vacation. Also would prefer if sims stayed on vacation when rotating to another household so we could play rotationally with sims staying nearby on vacation and showing up on lots (because I prefer sims to be restricted to their worlds when I play) but that could be just my personal preference to how I would like the game to work, and I know a lot of other players like to let their sims explore the world as they please. To me that just defeats the purpose of even having rental lots as sims can just go where they like from their homes without having to pay money. I guess this is one element of realism I wish the game catered to more. I would love if it cost money and took time to travel to different lots and worlds. It would make gameplay a little harder and more fun in my opinion but I know some people disagree.

Yeah, I see how players more into realism might want that. But I prefer an alternate version of "realism" for this game (or else I'd have to moan about my sims spinning to change outfits or age up, or about seeing any overt signs of magic or other things we don't see in real life, lol). I'd feel like neighborhoods would become pretty claustrophobic if I rarely or never saw any new faces in them. However, I do agree that it would be great if sims on vacation wouldn't suddenly NOT be on vacation just because we rotated out to play a different household for a while.