Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Generations Have you Gotten to In Your Game??

Comments

• BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    @Mizzila1297 Wow that is quite an achievement congrats on 26 generations and good luck with your next sets of generations!
    @SimsSlay Woot woot on unlocking an achievement and congrats on 10 generations, I'm hoping I can make it that far!
    @WildIrishBanshee 104 generations is very amazing, sounds like you are having a super lot of fun with them as well!
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited September 2021
    I've not played in a long time now, but looking at my family chart that I was keeping up to date quite often, I have 8 generations.

65 members are female and 45 are male, 3 are vampires(2 females and 1 male).
    edited September 2021
    @SamDenny Congrats on 8 generations, and that is a mighty lot of sims!
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    5, and I do count who I started with.
    I've had the same Matriarch (a vampire) for almost two years (since I started playing Sims 4). She was alone for a long time, then eventually had descendants up to great great grandkids. Then I left them to their own devices until they all died and went back to playing her alone for awhile. She now has a daughter and twin granddaughters who are all spellcasters. I'm going to try to get a strong bloodline.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 671 Member
    5 generations. My main 4th generation sim had 15 kids, probably gonna have more too. Lots of kiddos to play rotational with.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    @SamDenny Congrats on 8 generations, and that is a mighty lot of sims!

Yeah, after letting gen 1 die of old age, I couldn't bare parting with the rest and turned it off. Needless to say I have a shortage of free lots...
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited September 2021
    I've been playing on a long lifespan for almost a month and I have to admit that I love it! I'm still on my founders and first generation, though the oldest child has now aged up to a teenager! The family is expecting another baby as well. Luckily Asher can help with him.

Summer trip to Sulani, where Mom told the family they were adding to their lot. Asher and Hadley weren't surprised. LOL!!!
    51514872763_e1548a1f88_h.jpg

Asher and Ben later celebrated their birthdays(teen and child respectively) and Asher actually grew up with a funky hairstyle! Love it!
    51514647786_d2b9eea1a4_h.jpg

Ben looks a lot like their dad, though he has hazel eyes, instead of brown
    51513847507_3d5192d4f5_h.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    Two generations max.

I start a new game after every major update: stairs, platforms & we just got 1000+ new swatches.
    Don't know how much longer I can keep going. She didn't even marry the right guy.

Or if there's an unplanned death of one of the main characters (rotational gameplay).
    I actually grieve a little.
    @JunkyPoem I do that too. Three years ago I was playing a version of my Coles and had to quit for a day or two after my grandma died(and my female co-founder died in my game a few days later)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    I posted on here before, I tend to have my Sims on the longest lifespan possible, and with aging off for now. I want to get as many children from my Sims, before putting aging back on, and letting the Sims age and/or die. So, getting through generations may be a bit for my game play. Planning to put aging to normal or short to age up some of the first generation so they can start the second generation, and then turn it back to a long life span.
  • TwistedriderTwistedrider Posts: 1 New Member
    My question about generations is in regard to the trophy. Does the game count generations from the number of births or deaths?
    My question about generations is in regard to the trophy. Does the game count generations from the number of births or deaths?

It only counts sims born into the current household. I think.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    I'm on generation 21 with my Dashwood legacy, but I've gotten really bored with them and haven't played in a few months. I might have to revamp them to get my interest back
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    I create a couple in CAS to start a save, and count them as generation one. The furthest I've got is generation 4, i.e. the starting couple's great-grandchildren, who are currently toddlers. I tend to play with aging on. I don't mind my Sims dying much. It's a pain that they usually die off-lot so there's no gravestone.
    @lisamwitt congrats on five generations, wishing you luck on getting your bloodline going strong!
    @Kersiexx congrats on five generations man that a lot of kiddo's
    @HillyBeth congrats on your first-gen, I can completely understand not wanting to part with your lovely family
    @JunkyPoem congrats on two generations, I do the same with starting a new save when the game gets updated
    @Umbreon12 congrats on your generations, sounds like you are having a ton of fun
    @Twistedrider I'm not sure at all!
    @SimCrazy Awesome on getting 21 generations that is super awesome!
    @Lucy_Henley Congrats four generations, that has happened to me also "not being able to find the gravestone"
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    The furthest I've gotten was four generations. The game technically doesn't recognize it because I moved my sims to new saves a couple times to either deal with bugs or give them a fresh backdrop with better townies. I started my save with four roommates - a brother and sister, plus two romantic interests for them. The romantic interests became interested in each other, so the siblings found their own partners. Generation two started built up everyone's stories (and I finally figured out how a lot of things worked, so their lived went much more smoothly). Generation three was where I finally let the families intermingle, and they gave birth to gen 4. Right after they had their daughter, I ran into issues with climbing Mt. Komorebi and had to move everyone into a fresh save; after doing that again, I got burned out and started playing a new save. Gen 4 is as far as I've gotten in my original legacy save as well, so that's as far as I've ever made it.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    @BreeMiles What’s odd is that there have been two occasions where I’ve had a pet die off-lot, only for me to go the lot later and find their gravestone.

I have one save where I’m on generation 3 of a Spellcaster family, and the third generation (who are currently toddlers) have the Strong Bloodline trait. So I’d like to get to generation 4 there, so I have some Ancient Bloodline Spellcasters. The save where I reached generation 4 has Spellcasters too. My original/gen 1 couple were ordinary Sims, then one of their daughters underwent the Rite of Ascension and married another Spellcaster, so gen 3 had the Weak trait and gen 4 has the Strong trait.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    @lisamwitt congrats on five generations, wishing you luck on getting your bloodline going strong!
    @Kersiexx congrats on five generations man that a lot of kiddo's
    @HillyBeth congrats on your first-gen, I can completely understand not wanting to part with your lovely family
    @JunkyPoem congrats on two generations, I do the same with starting a new save when the game gets updated
    @Umbreon12 congrats on your generations, sounds like you are having a ton of fun
    @Twistedrider I'm not sure at all!
    @SimCrazy Awesome on getting 21 generations that is super awesome!
    @Lucy_Henley Congrats four generations, that has happened to me also "not being able to find the gravestone"
    Thank you, I am having fun. I may not have a lot now, but that will change later on.

• llPrincessllllPrincessll Posts: 15 Member
    I'm literally on my very first generation because I'm playing a "simself" and want to match her age with my own. I'd love to try a generation if I don't get too attached to my sim.
  • SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    So reading this thread actually inspired me to go back to my Dashwood legacy. I moved them to a new save, and my generation 21 heir aged up to a YA. I changed their house to a Haunted House, and put him in the Detective career!
  • Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    SimCrazy wrote: »
    So reading this thread actually inspired me to go back to my Dashwood legacy. I moved them to a new save, and my generation 21 heir aged up to a YA. I changed their house to a Haunted House, and put him in the Detective career!

That sounds exciting! You'll have to share what happens next :D
    @Babiephat congrats on your first generation, looking forward to seeing more.
    @SimCrazy Yay so glad you got inspired to open your legacy back up can't wait to hear/see more.
  • SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    This discussion has motivated me to keep going, I think I'll continue my current save.

After I successfully managed to freeze the mum and her two sons to death, I got excited when she died. I've never had them die other than old age. OMG that makes me sound so bad!

So now the young mum has taken on her teenage brother-in-law, child brother-in-law, and her only child whose father was one of the brothers to die.

She's quit her job to raise them and luckily the house sold for a lot, hahaha
    Wish me luck getting to gen 10, if I go by the dead people in the family tree I'm up to gen 4.
    How does the trophy thing work with family trees like that, I take it it's a straight line of succession?

I'm enjoying hearing about everyone's generation stories.

• RosiieoRosiieo Posts: 23 Member
    edited September 2021
    Currently doing a legacy, I'm up to generation 8! Aiming to just go as far as I can haha.

This is the tree so far: https://imgur.com/RozumPh