November 26th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

Collection of Creepy Things in The Sims Series

13...Next

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 3,589 Member
    Seems like Kotaku is making some articles on how creepy The Sims 2 for Nintendo DS is. I'll link one of them here (it also has the link to another inside the article).

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2021/08/the-sims-2-ds-haunted-creepypasta/
    You can never discover The Sims games 100%. Even when you think you know everything, the game manages to surprise you.
    That's why I do experiments in the game from time to time and tutorial videos on YouTube.
    Youtube channel CrazyMarq made another video on scary things in The Sims Series.

You can never discover The Sims games 100%. Even when you think you know everything, the game manages to surprise you.
    That's why I do experiments in the game from time to time and tutorial videos on YouTube.
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 297 Member
    edited September 15
    MyriadSims wrote: »
    The scariest thing is how imaginative we the players can get. We can imagine a world fueled by nothing but endless suffering for our sims, or a world where everyone hates eachother and children are locked in rooms to get taken away. It's scary how your sim can just leave their child in their burning house, and leave them to die. They pick up the toddler, but not the kid. It's scary how Ghosts can cause your sims lives to be painful-or short lived. The sims is not just a silly life simulator. This game is an advanced device where some people can act out whatever fantasies they want, no matter how dark and twisted they are. That is what is the scariest part of the franchise.
    @MyriadSims
    What's funny is that the examples you posited are just obvious "child burning ants with a magnifying glass"-levels of fantasy.

Your statement about it being an advanced device for living out dark and twisted fantasies couldn't be more on-point. A bit more imagination and some working knowledge of the game's AI and mechanics can make some unbelievable outcomes.

As for my scary aspects of the game:
    - The "ugly" face from Realm of Magic isn't so much "scary" as it is hard to look at, but I'd count it.
    - The paintings from Spooky Stuff (the ones that change faces) can be terrifying when playing into the late hours (especially when the brain gets to that point of "3AM paranoia".
    - Finally, ghost children. So rarely do children die in the game, and it's so much so that one could go all 7 years now and have never seen it occur. Due to this, the ghosts of children have an extra layer of uncertainty and dread that they bring with them.
    edited September 21
    Well, here's another link, this time it is a list of creepy things.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/NightmareFuel/TheSims

Though one correction to make is about mummy's curse: the thing appearing on the screen when sim is close to death is not a skull, it's mummy's face. That is much more scarier in my opinion as mummy's face is already scary enough (don't you get creeped out too when you stare closely at a mummy's face?).
    And the clown box thing is under The Sims 3, which should actually go under The Sims 2 mainly due to the grouchy personality and memory part.
    Though there is one thing I'm wondering: does a creepy music really play when a prank call happens? Some say it does. If you have answers, please share, because right now in my experience the answer is no. Well, it may be because I play with music off due to these danger themes.
  • SunflowerkissesSunflowerkisses Posts: 3 New Member
    This is unrelated to the post but, I am trying to rank up so I can post a new thread I am searching for a specific sims hair that is definitely CC for a 3D model and I don’t play the game :( PLEASE HELP BY LIKING! I have asked other places but it seems the best place to ask is here and someone will recognize the hair!
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 15,316 Member
    This is unrelated to the post but, I am trying to rank up so I can post a new thread I am searching for a specific sims hair that is definitely CC for a 3D model and I don’t play the game :( PLEASE HELP BY LIKING! I have asked other places but it seems the best place to ask is here and someone will recognize the hair!

@Sunflowerkisses, it would be better to ask in one of the existing threads over in The Sims 4 Modding & Custom Content section instead of going around posting in several unrelated threads as that is considered going 'Off Topic'.

Here is a link to The Sims 4 Modding & Custom Content section providing that you're playing TS4.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-modding-and-custom-content