Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims not looking at computer screens anymore

Hi Simmers :) Have any of you noticed that if your sim plays computer games they no longer look at the screen any more. Even if there is no sims around them they look to the side, its not a death defying bug, but does cause a little irritation if you like watching what your sims do ;)

QldKOBk.png

Comments

• KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited September 2021
    Post edited by KyreRoen on
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    edited September 2021
    I suspect it's a mod causing this.
    Post edited by Arzekial on
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Arzekial wrote: »

It’s not, I’ve tried it without mods and they still do it.
    Sharonia wrote: »

Funny, I was just about to add additional info to my post.

Yeah, I've been testing it with and without mods. Sometimes I can get the bug to stick, sometimes it just happens briefly, and sometimes not at all. This is one of those nightmare bugs. :s
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    KyreRoen wrote: »

Thank you I will click the me too.

I don't use mods, I only have cc made by myself. But I can remove it all and test again after clearing cache and so on.
    Sharonia wrote: »

Aaah so it must just be a bug that came with one of our several updates we recently received.
    Funny, I was just about to add additional info to my post.

Yeah, I've been testing it with and without mods. Sometimes I can get the bug to stick, sometimes it just happens briefly, and sometimes not at all. This is one of those nightmare bugs. :s

It does seem to be one of those that only sometimes appear, I will test it in my other save games and see if it pops up there as well, perhaps its just in this one household. Thanks for all the replies and testing :)

• LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    Yup, it happens to me and its creepy xD
    LynnPlayz1 wrote: »
    Yup, it happens to me and its creepy xD

I know right, its as if they are watching you watching them :D
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Does it happen with every computer? Wonder if that particular computer is somehow glitched after a patch
    Does it happen with every computer? Wonder if that particular computer is somehow glitched after a patch

I could try it with other computers. Never thought of that ;)
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »

It doesn't just happen with computers. It happens with all types of objects and when sims are talking to each other. I had a sim take a bath once, not only was her head twisted to the side but she was sideways in the tub. Looked like she was going to drown.
    RedShoe7 wrote: »

It doesn't just happen with computers. It happens with all types of objects and when sims are talking to each other. I had a sim take a bath once, not only was her head twisted to the side but she was sideways in the tub. Looked like she was going to drown.

I've seen it happen while a sim was washing dishes, on a tread mill, and on the computer. I was testing the bug by putting a computer and a tread mill in the same room and having sims use them at the same time. Sometimes it happened and sometimes it didn't. Very weird bug.
    RedShoe7 wrote: »

I noticed that now, my sim was washing her hands and looking to the side and also the kids were doing homework and looking to the side.

I've seen it happen while a sim was washing dishes, on a tread mill, and on the computer. I was testing the bug by putting a computer and a tread mill in the same room and having sims use them at the same time. Sometimes it happened and sometimes it didn't. Very weird bug.

Yeah its a very weird bug, because now all of a sudden they look at the computer but twists their heads for other stuff, and then they do that normal and twist their heads for something else, there is no real way to test this, it just happens now and then and sometimes never, so weird
  • AunzaAunza Posts: 1,297 Member

Good question, @Mcrudd

Could be wrong, but:
    I have found head turning seems to be related to the "Likes and Dislikes" system.

Example: Your sim, one of their friends or a household member does not like Suburban Contemporary deco, and you have even a kitchen sink from that category in the house, your sim will turn their heads while using or even standing close to said sink. Or, they might make a frowny face at the item, color or action. The same might happen if you have snapshots on the wall, or other items that are not categorized. And, for heaven sakes, do not have a even splash of color in the house that someone does not like!
    The sims are turning their heads from items, colors and or actions they do not like. As in, "remove or stop this Watcher!"

Side note: Those snapshots... Egads! took me forever to figure out they are not something to put about the house anymore. ~pouts~

~happy simming~
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 701 Member
    @Aunza but no only. I have very little sims with like and dislikes in my game and even those who do not have any will turn their head.
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Ziafar wrote: »
    @Aunza but no only. I have very little sims with like and dislikes in my game and even those who do not have any will turn their head.

Same. I don't have a lot of dislikes and no decor dislikes.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    mine do this too

sometimes its nice for screens but other times :sweat_smile: yeah look at the dang computer would you
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    It's nice when they're actually talking to sims and this happens...
    NpruRhY.png
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I just added my Me Too click. This is very annoying as this has happened to sims in all my saves I've gone into. That and the arms look wonky when a sim is sitting at a bar and reach for their drink as they twist their head to the side...looks weird although I see what their aim was. I'm pretty sure they wanted the sim to continue conversation as they reached for their drink, which is realistic. Just looks weird. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Could it be like a 4th wall breaking animation? Sims interacting with the player. You are watching what she's doing on the computer, so she's watching you back as you stare at her.
  • inmyeyeinmyeye Posts: 396 Member
    I'm going to add my comment here regarding an issue that is very similar with my sims. I don't think this is a "4th wall" thing at all. About two days ago I noticed that when my sims sit down to eat they do something similar to this post. If my sims sit down to eat next to each other, they stare at each other while they eat. Literally. And the animation for whichever arm they are using to eat is all wonky. They stare at each other and just keep pushing food into their mouths. It's very weird and just started in my game.
    “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).”
    ― Mark Twain
    I think overall animation is a bit messed up at the moment, but its not a set bug you get everytime, it happens and not happen in the same save during the same gameplay for different situations, even if there is only one sim and no one around to talk too. I guess we just need to wait it out and see if EA thinks its fixable ;)
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    It's like the sims have become self aware and are mocking the game.
    "Look, random typing, not even looking, task still completes"
    The cake is a lie
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member

Thank you for the link. I just clicked the me too button. My sim turned her head away for a face to face conversation at the table. She came across a being deliberately rude. Very annoying.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited September 2021
    Hi Simmers :) Have any of you noticed that if your sim plays computer games they no longer look at the screen any more. Even if there is no sims around them they look to the side, its not a death defying bug, but does cause a little irritation if you like watching what your sims do ;)

They might be onto us controlling them 🤔😂😂😂.

I thought it was a mod as well, so I disabled them, again.

Also I thought with open plan layouts perhaps they were talking to Sims further away. With the open plan counting everything as one room? But even when I closed rooms off they turn to the side.
    It’s really odd that they do this!

Thanks for the link, I’ve clicked me too. Hopefully they’ll fix it.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I've seen my sim doing that while walking.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds