Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DJing Effectively (GT Required)

I never bothered with this skill until recently after watching a video on youtube. Apparently it makes money along with creating mix tapes.

So, has anyone any tips?

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,835 Member
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I found DJing is kind of hard to make money from. You can only licence one track a week, and unless your sim is famous with Get Famous installed the tips they earn from DJing won't be all that much.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited September 2021
    My DJ makes decent money DJing in a night club. He lives in a party house with 3 other sims so I made the ship wrecked boat lot in Sulani into a nightclub ( under the ship ) with a second basement with bedrooms, desk, tv, bathrooms, and small kitchen so my other sims from the household can be well rested, have their work ready and all for their workday the following day, when he DJ is working overnight.

I didn’t even realize it created mixed tapes. Can we sell tapes?
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I'm also quite happy with the money my skill level 9 DJ does. @SheriSim57 With Get Famous you can burn your remixes and release them. Sims will sometimes hear their remix played on the radio and the remix can also be played on the DJ booth - although sim will be just standing next to the booth while it plays.
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited September 2021
    musteni wrote: »
    I'm also quite happy with the money my skill level 9 DJ does. @SheriSim57 With Get Famous you can burn your remixes and release them. Sims will sometimes hear their remix played on the radio and the remix can also be played on the DJ booth - although sim will be just standing next to the booth while it plays.
    @musteni
    I believe they were talking about mixtapes (which are made using the dj booths), not the Music Station CD's.

@SheriSim57
    You can license them at the mailbox, same as with songs from other instruments.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    KyreRoen wrote: »
    @musteni
    I believe they were talking about mixtapes (which are made using the dj booths), not the Music Station CD's.

@SheriSim57

Oh wow my sim doesn't have a DJ booth at home so I never tried making mixtapes!
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited September 2021
    Thank you @KyreRoen and @musteni
    I am always learning something in the forums!
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    KyreRoen wrote: »
    @musteni

@SheriSim57

Oh wow my sim doesn't have a DJ booth at home so I never tried making mixtapes!
    @musteni
    It takes a while to do (like most songwriting in-game) and is more limited than remixing. Unlike the latter, it's pretty "set and forget".

@SheriSim57
    No problem. Honestly, you could make mixtapes here and there, and release Music Station CD's on the side. Plus, remixing looks like something a DJ might want to have some expertise in, anyway (though it's tied to media production).
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).