Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim Height Scale

So, this is something that I've wanted for a while, especially for my teens.

I really think that when you create your sim, you should be able to set their height. I mean, we can do pretty much everything other than that body-wise, and while I understand that it might be hard to pull off, I don't like how everyone is the same height...
I think it should be a genetic thing too, since genetics is why I have to use a chair to reach the higher shelves :p

Comments

• ibenengbergibenengberg Posts: 79 Member
    Yes, I would really like that too. I don't like how some of my sims look smaller than others, when they are not. The thing that annoys me the most, is when the guy in a relationship looks smaller than the girl. I'm not hating or saying that this isn't okay in real life, but when I play I kinda like everyone to be perfect. :smiley:
    My Wishlist: Best Friend hug, Generations, University, Seasons, Vacations, Private School, Funerals, Cemeteries, Walk up the aisle in the wedding and ask your sims friends to be best man, maid of honor, bridesmaid or pastor if they are engaged.
  • CATastrophsimsCATastrophsims Posts: 57 Member
    @ibenengberg Yeah I know. I want my teen girls to be shorter than my teen guys and I want to have shorter sims in general.

Why do I have to be the shortest girl in class and my sims don't? lol
  • JackPipsamJackPipsam Posts: 115 Member
    It would be great if they did.

Although I assume it has something to do with how the clothing fits maybe as a reason why they haven't done it yet.
  • ToastyChanToastyChan Posts: 153 Member
    I think it has to do with the animations, because Sims would interact differently with objects depending on their height (maybe that's the reason why teens are the same height as adults who knows? Haha )
    So I think sliders would be really hard to introduce. But maybe we could choose from three preset heights like small medium and tall.
    "I've always loved the M35-Mako. It's got a heart, you know?" - James Vega

Simblr: witchybot.tumblr.com
    EA ID: KaKaPeuPeu
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    ToastyChan wrote: »
    I think it has to do with the animations, because Sims would interact differently with objects depending on their height (maybe that's the reason why teens are the same height as adults who knows? Haha )
    So I think sliders would be really hard to introduce. But maybe we could choose from three preset heights like small medium and tall.

Basically this.

I do wish we had different heights though, would want to have some really tall simsters & the current teen height does bother me a tad.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • ibenengbergibenengberg Posts: 79 Member
    > @CATastrophsims said:
    > @ibenengberg Yeah I know. I want my teen girls to be shorter than my teen guys and I want to have shorter sims in general.
    >
    > Why do I have to be the shortest girl in class and my sims don't? lol

Exactly, I want all my girls to be short (even tough i'm not) and all my guys to be tall :blush:
    My Wishlist: Best Friend hug, Generations, University, Seasons, Vacations, Private School, Funerals, Cemeteries, Walk up the aisle in the wedding and ask your sims friends to be best man, maid of honor, bridesmaid or pastor if they are engaged.
    @ToastyChan I agree! It would probably be insanely hard to make a proper animation for every height if there was a slider, but I think we should be able to pick between 3-5 different heights ranging from short to tall
  • roman2886roman2886 Posts: 702 Member
    I always though sims 3 and sims 4 had a height option but it never happened.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    So, this is something that I've wanted for a while, especially for my teens.

I really think that when you create your sim, you should be able to set their height. I mean, we can do pretty much everything other than that body-wise, and while I understand that it might be hard to pull off, I don't like how everyone is the same height...
    I think it should be a genetic thing too, since genetics is why I have to use a chair to reach the higher shelves :p
    While you won't get a lot of people for or against this here. But it has ready been suggested on here several times in the past, including once by me. And back then, the devs have done told us that they can't do this right now because they neither have the money or the manpower to add such a thing to the game. But they never told us that it will never added to the game eventually. ;)

• MegastephMegasteph Posts: 58 Member
    I think a height slider with a limit for how tall or how short a sim can be wouldnt break the game and be a welcome feature.
    Megasteph wrote: »
    I think a height slider with a limit for how tall or how short a sim can be wouldnt break the game and be a welcome feature.
    @Megasteph yeah true the highest for male and female sims should be 6ft 10in and the lowest for male and females should be 4ft 3in.

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    I'm using a mod and the two sims are Teens and the girl is taller then the boy and this is what happens when she's kisses the boy m5hzuJB.png
    6adMCGP.gif
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    ^^ yeah, that's a perfect example of how implementing height sliders would be problematic. I remember seeing images from TS3 where people experimented with height sliders and some of the resulting animations were pretty funny..
    roman2886 wrote: »
    I always though sims 3 and sims 4 had a height option but it never happened.

• BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I know there's a gender bias here, but as heels don't affect the height of your sims, by putting them on a female sim it can create the appearance that she's shorter, as women typically are shorter than men which is one of the reasons why some of us wear them in the first place
    Gallery ID: babysquare
    Maybe instead of a slider it should be "Short", "Normal" and "Tall"? I bet it still would be a lot of work fixing the animations to fit every sim even with just these three options, but hey, it's possible! Maybe in the sims 5, lol.
  • nnea123nnea123 Posts: 63 Member
    It would be a huge work but I think five options for the height would be better than three. Obviously it would be nice to have some variation but besides that night needs to be a genetic thing. So five different heights give the possibility for mixed outcome: not the father's height, not the mother's height but something between for their child.
  • Irina2000Irina2000 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi from 2021!) I absolutely support the commentator above! It won't be that hard to do, but the sims won't be the same, what looks very strange
  • BlackkatnessBlackkatness Posts: 63 Member
    I'm glad you posted this. Because, I was thinking about this not long ago. Just three height variants. Tall, average and short.
  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • Irina2000Irina2000 Posts: 3 New Member
    Exactly! Besides, I don't know what about 18+ games, but 4 growth options were added even to minecraft!)
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    It would absolutely kill animations. They’d have to rework so many animations to work with height options.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    I would love it but as @Apricus said, it would require a complete overhaul of most of the animations in the game.
    (though I still wouldn't mind seeing it.)
    Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Apricus wrote: »
    It would absolutely kill animations. They’d have to rework so many animations to work with height options.

This and CAS would be an absolute nightmare. The clothes would fit all wonky, especially on short sims.