Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Maxis Game Info

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,857 Member

It’s a Simulation HD Game (PC / Consoles)
Developed / Prototyped in Unreal Engine 4
The game features a “3D Menu Navigation”
Includes “Super Abilities”
Comes with “Co-Op Player vs Environment” Events

To remind you again, there are multiple development studios inside EA/Maxis working on different titles, including:

Maxis Redwood – working on The Sims 4 and the next Generation Sims Game
Maxis Austin – working on a brand new IP and the next Generation Sims Game
Maxis Europe – working on The Sims 4
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    So that's not TS5?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,461 Member

Wait…

SPACE - RELATED SIMULATOR?!!

Oh my goodness my…

I hate to say this but...

see ya later Sims 4. 😘

• logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    Could we get a trailer pretty please EA?
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    If I had to guess, Sims 5 is FAR far away from releasing. I bet this comes out first, and that's why they said Sims 4 still had a ton of content left. I'm honestly okay with that though lol, this game sounds like it could be fun and I'm content with the way Sims 4 is going.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    It can't be called Lost Astral can it? That's part of Destiny 2, according to Searches I made.
    Destiny 2 Season Of The Lost Astral Alignment
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2021
    How does that site know Maxis Austin is working on a brand new IP and a new generation of The Sims? Evidence, please, since we know Maxis hasn't made any announcements concerning TS5 or even any new IP of a different flavor.

ETA: The description of the so called new IP they list doesn't even make sense. Co-op players versus Environment events? what? We know EA wants to use environment events in many of their new games because of their S.E.E.D. technology or whatever it is called, but co-op vs environment events in a game doesn't compute. A group of players vs environment events while playing together and or a group of players playing a game/compared to one player dealing with environment events? I don't understand the description of what the game is supposed to be.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Say hello to loot boxes.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited September 2021
    Without knowing more about it, my first thought was that it sounds like it might be a survival game. Not necessarily my cuppa tea, but if it's also a sci-fi styled setting I might consider it. Someday.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,381 Member
    If it is the kind of simulation game with the tiny graphics I am not interested.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Probably No Man's Sky but with microtransactions lol
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,955 Member
    edited September 2021
    slightly interested but i will have to see what its actually about as this tells me none and I'm not much of a gamer anyway so :sweat_smile:

do remember spore fondly too though
    just that i can't really play it anymore cause my computer has no disc slot and origin won't take my disc key :disappointed:

best case scenario i could think is this is like mix of spore and sims spinoffs but it probably won't be
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited September 2021
    Same as The Sims wasn't designed for the SimCity players, this new IP shouldn't interest The Sims players.
    “Co-Op Player vs Environment” could attract the Minecraft players.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Same as The Sims wasn't designed for the SimCity players, this new IP shouldn't interest The Sims players.
    “Co-Op Player vs Environment” could attract the Minecraft players.

That might be true for players who only play The Sims series games. But to imply that all or even most are like that is very likely to be an erroneous assumption at best. I've played and enjoyed (still do) many different games in different genres, including different types of simulation games, and I know I'm not the only one.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I saw this not too long ago.

I won't judge it yet since PvE co-op describes a ridiculous number of games (even when you add SciFi/Space to it, the space genre is booming), but space isn't really my thing. I cannot really say I will ever be excited for it, but I've played Stellaris and more. If it looks good, I'll grab it.