Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Discoveries !

Comments

• lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    I never noticed that. But, I have run a store before and been on the receiving end.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    I had a wedding at Goth Manor and Don was looking from the second floor I think through the window. I don't think this is a bug.
    https://ibb.co/cxKHjv5
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
    garapoes wrote: »
    I had a wedding at Goth Manor and Don was looking from the second floor I think through the window. I don't think this is a bug.
    https://ibb.co/cxKHjv5

That's funny. He'll be gossiping about it now.
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    So your Sims children can lecture their own parents.
    I just had my elderly Sim get lectured by her own adult daughter for what seemed to be for wrecking the TV... I suppose thats revenge for a previous lecturing when she was much younger.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • IVXXXVIIVXXXVI Posts: 140 Member
    I discovered that if you change the diaper of a baby and there is a child close, the child will freak out because of ..well ...the view.
    Hp85Jmm.gif
  • LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    I haven't read all, sorry for repeats.

After 10 years of playing Sims 2, I have discovered 2 things!

1. This maaaaayyyyybbbbeee might be due to a mod, but I'm pretty sure it's just the game. If there is a fire in the same room as a baby, an adult sim will take the baby and run outside. I saw this when Nina started a fire in her studio apartment, and I was so surprised.

2. Very shy sims have a special dance animation! It's kind of an uncertain shuffle rather than the default moves. I saw this when Kaylynn payed Daniel a visit and did this dance autonomously.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    @Logicallyironic

1. It's nice to see them do that - It's not a mod. :mrgreen:

I just saw that the maps are actually pinned up. I thought they were just "Magically" hung on the wall.

5Mi1uuD.jpg

Rflong7 wrote: »
    @Logicallyironic

I just saw that the maps are actually pinned up. I thought they were just "Magically" hung on the wall.

5Mi1uuD.jpg

I have to admit I've never hung them, so I didn't know that! They always just stayed in my Sims' inventory.
    @lisamwitt wrote: »
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    @Logicallyironic

5Mi1uuD.jpg

I have to admit I've never hung them, so I didn't know that! They always just stayed in my Sims' inventory.

I love them. They're free and they build fun quickly - (I think I've played too many Apocalypses). :lol:
    Hi :mrgreen:

I guess I've never seen a slob cook. Robi Charvat has 0 neat and he makes such a mess. EA could have made it to where they had to mop. :lol:

r4f3wMv.jpg
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    edited September 2021
    IVXXXVI wrote: »
    I discovered that if you change the diaper of a baby and there is a child close, the child will freak out because of ..well ...the view.

Funny but also ridiculous. Being so taboo that babies can't be naked in front of a kid is an alien concept to almost everyone else in the world except perhaps 20th Century Middle America. But at the time, Sims wasn't considering anything else so that explains it.

My discovery is more a qiesrion: why do some Sims do the dressing spin in a dizzy slow mo that looks like a Vaudeville move? It's funny, but what accounts for it? They spun on one leg, the other one flinging put a bit and look like they might lose their balance?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    My guess is personality. Sims in Sims 2 varied a bit more in how they reacted to various situations than Sims do now.
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,715 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    My guess is personality. Sims in Sims 2 varied a bit more in how they reacted to various situations than Sims do now.

Yep - lazy Sims have a more lazy variation of several regular animations - they also tend to slouch a bit when standing around for example (compare Dina Caliente with Nina for example)
    Banner.png
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    edited September 2021
    My sim would not stay asleep, she kept waking, then relaxing, then sleep then immediately wake back up. Turns out she had to turn the tv in her bedroom off then *boom* dreamland!

grkeCDE.jpg
    Post edited by MadIris on
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    Some sims don't like sleeping with the tv on and can't sleep!
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    edited January 2023
    I'll revive the thread with a new discovery. I hope it won't get closed down because of that (it's a discovery thread)...

I just discovered that if you hold down Alt and Shift keys while in buy or build mode, the game will display tile info of the tile your cursor is currently on.
    05nammc6lwhq.png

Also, I discovered that the evil witch throne can be redesigned in build mode. Usually, its fabric is red, but with that, you can also make it green or black. The other witch objects cannot be redesigned.
    @EgonVM Is that with testing cheats enabled?

Nope. The only cheat enabled at that time was setQuarterTilePlacement.
    EgonVM wrote: »

Nope. The only cheat enabled at that time was setQuarterTilePlacement.

I had to go test it out for myself. I'm not sure what the purpose is, if it's something they used in testing, but it does indeed do it! Interesting.
  • Carpbeat24Carpbeat24 Posts: 987 Member
    I made a new sim who is has the knowledge asperation and she started playing with this... rubick's cube type thing in her spare time? I've never noticed this little detail before :)

X7HOCiN.jpg

rh7Zyxy.jpg
    F8wHsKZ.png
    @s33man

That animation can play when your sim has some science hobby enthusiasm. Other fun hobby enthusiasm animations are:
    • Cuisine - Sims may sometimes rub their stomach.
    • Film & Literature - Sims may sometimes take out a book and read it while walking.
    • Science - Sims may sometimes play with Rubik's Cube... or Sphere to be exact...
    • Arts & Crafts - Sims may sometimes make a canvas with their hands.
    • Sports - Sims may sometimes box or throw nothing.
    • Fitness - Sims may sometimes do stretching exercises.
    • Music & Dance - Sims may whistle sometimes. Sometimes they'll whistle The Sims 1's buy mode music. They may also play drums on their legs.

These animations are a great way to see what hobby is a NPC sims enthused about.
    edited January 2023
    Music & Dance Sims will also sometimes do ballet steps.
    Video gamers will crack their knuckles.

All Sims also have idle motions they do when they have nothing else to do, particularly when you have motives locked or you have free will off. They will rock back on their feet and wave their arms around their body or stretch and take a deep breath. Sometimes they will look at "you" and make faces.
    Hi :cookie:

I remember what I discovered the other day. :mrgreen:

My Sim, Flower, wanted to sell some lemonade. I figured, why not sell that old stuff, she won't care.
    EmILvu9.jpg

Except her husband, Harry, ordered some. He didn't like it. :lol:
    sSB73U8.jpg

Thing is, he got mad at her and he fell out of love with her. I was shocked. They're 3 bolters and were happy. I had to send them on a date to get them back to 100s. :hushed:
    LWKTiMu.jpg

If you want to make enemies fast, sell them some spoiled lemonade. :lol:
    Today the test lands have opened up!

So, some fun things to share. And I warn you, it's picture heavy.

I have seen places that tell that you shouldn't rezone a beach lot into an apartment lot as you will have issues with the lot. So, I tried it out to see what issues there are. And...

c7o9osixjscd.png

The terrain goes into the level of the ocean terrain, causing floating ocean and the apartment being in the hole. And it only applies to apartment sub-lots (the one you rezone is apartment base-lot), meaning that if you move your sims out and then take a look, that issue isn't there.
    It happens most often when you build your apartment on a very mountainous terrain (picture example below).
    1coja8m6yjp6.png

There is one way you can solve it: move the lot in the neighborhood screen. However, do be warned that you will have to do that every time you move a new family into the apartment. So I still wouldn't recommend rezoning a beach lot into an apartment base lot.

But if you don't mind, good news is that you can still swim in the waters. :)

I have constantly seen sims having good vacations and thus getting vacation benefits, but I have never seen sims having a bad vacations and thus getting vacation penalties. It is possible though, so curious I sent my sims to a bad vacation.

To get a bad vacation is hard as getting a vacation memento will raise the score to make it good. So, your sim has to avoid doing these and constantly make enemies and freeze/have heat strokes (and end the vacation early so it can't get good enough to avoid penalties). If you can have sims die, that's even better (especially if they are part of the vacation party)!

I'll show the messages you'll get when the score reaches low enough.
    Bad:
    arvuf0n6rd15.png
    Awful:
    xbnz9nc14u7k.png

Once your sim returns from a bad vacation, you'll be greeted with this message:
    lm6frrxzl5rj.png

Awful vacations don't produce any additional messages, but it applies another penalty: Cranky, which makes sims more grouchier.
    wmj560r9pv24.png
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,777 Member
    @EgonVM , in case you are curious, here is more info , by late Mootilda , about beach/uneven terrain apartments :)
    https://modthesims.info/t/302405
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top