Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Update. 9/21

Comments

• Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    You know I always think of you when new CAS kits are announced. 😄 Can't wait to see what you do with these.

Thank you, that's such a nice thing to say! :) I can't wait for the kits that were announced today. Especially the Incheon Arrivals kit. There's great mixing & matching possibilities with that one.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    So one more month waiting for bug fixes ...

October is only about 10 days away by my calendar -- we could get another patch early next month, depending on when we're getting the next kit or whatever...
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I'm going to hold off on updating my game until tomorrow when I have more time to play around and check out all the new changes but.....

OMG! We finally have matching wood swatches on all (or most) base game items? Somebody pinch me! :o
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    The art style of the kit covers look weird. Why didn‘t they use actual sims? The new swatches are nice though.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    new hairs and clothes are pretty cute too

and so freaking happy that arched windows finally come in just white swatch

tho i would have loved more painted pristine white as well oh well ill just be happy all white swatch exists at all
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Small patch, but an important one! I'm always more than happy to welcome new color swatches! :) Especially for base game content!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    *holds out a rusted metal cup*

Gameplay? Gameplay sir? Please, might I have a little gameplay?

No gameplay?
    Oh! oh! Jail for EA for One Thousand Years!!!!!
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited September 2021
    I wish I liked more base game items than I do so that I'd be encouraged to actually ever use them. I could take advantage of all the new swatches! But hey, crumbs is crumbs, which is to say free, and some are bound to fall on the floor instead of into one's hand, right? :sunglasses:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I am super excited for more swatches, but I wish this set had more variants:

dh6vabc4ed3x.png

I don't need a new shade of purple. I miss white counters with a light wooden top.
  • Options
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    I am super excited for more swatches, but I wish this set had more variants:

dh6vabc4ed3x.png

I don't need a new shade of purple. I miss white counters with a light wooden top.

i like new shade of purple actually but yeah they really should have done white and black with woodtops like whyy would you do basically any other color on earth but what is most useful
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Guess I'm going to go build. :p
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Oh the new CAS items look nice. I already updated my game cause it didn't look like it would break anything mod wise.
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited September 2021
    Ah, yes, but was any of this Mod-busting?

All the best mods go out of their way to somehow manage to make their entire code base depend on 'that one little tiny thing' hidden in the middle of nowhere. I'm sure this will somehow manage to break a half dozen non-build gameplay mods that have no logical reason to require blandCo counters have exactly X number of swatches... ;)

That said, this looks like my kinda update. Lots of new build and CAS stuff.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    edited September 2021
    The new color swatches and CAS stuff are nice. But getting only one bugfix is really dissapointing. Currently playing The Sims isn't fun for me with all the lags and bugs.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member

Thanks for posting info 😊🎉.

I don’t get the 149 additions that we get. 🤷🏼‍♂️ The additions of swatches to base game stuff just seems a little late. I’d love the option to decline additions with patches. The patch size wouldn’t be so big.
    I’m not using the new stuff as I’ve managed for seven years with what’s there.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    The builder in me is super excited for all the new build buy color swatches.

I've wanted CAS cc from Mumbai, India for so long. Now I can dress my Sim properly.
    New-Clothes-Photo-1.jpg

New-Clothes-Photo-2.jpg

This outfit will go well with any Sim no matter where you image they are from.
    New-Clothes-Photo-3.jpg

New-Clothes-Photo-4.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    logion wrote: »
    How is build mode gonna run after this update? It's already incredibly laggy to use build mode.

I am ignoring build mode (and photography) more and more because of this. Sad as it is a pretty significant part of the game!
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    More black and dark wood swatches, yes!! And the CAS stuff is gorgeous!! <3

(I'm supposed to be working but I couldn't resist stopping in for a peek!)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Woot! More flower swatches! I needed those so much...
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member

Thanks for posting info 😊🎉.

I don’t get the 149 additions that we get. 🤷🏼‍♂️ The additions of swatches to base game stuff just seems a little late. I’d love the option to decline additions with patches. The patch size wouldn’t be so big.
    I’m not using the new stuff as I’ve managed for seven years with what’s there.

@ncisGibbs02 I'm really curious. So when you go into build/buy mode you'll remember which swatches are new and just choose not to use them?
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    More color choices, lord yes! Maybe I can get rid of some of my cc build items. There are many EA's build stuff I use even though I have a wheelbarrow full of cc, so I am excited to see what my favorite EA stuff looks like.

For me this update came out of the blue, I never saw any notices of it so this is quite a nice surprise...thanks EA Gurus and dev team. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited September 2021
    And OH, all the new wallpapers! So many more shades of paint! I never thought I'd be so happy to see wallpaper, but when we're finally getting THIS much, with all the trims... Sometimes you just need the basics.

Sure, these aren't the most exciting of new items, but some of them I loved the items but they just didn't fit into the colour scheme of a house.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Hurray for more swatches! I've been wanting curtains in plain colors in most of the styles shown in the picture. The addition of swatches for the BlandCo counters is great because that's what my new Sims can afford when they start out. I don't use cc recolors by players so these are welcome additions to my game. The two new hairstyles for guys look nice too. Thankfully, my game doesn't lag except on rare occasions.