The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The story of Tusnelda and Trix * Update August 7

1235...Next

Comments

• MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,374 Member
    @SnowBnuuy Thanks for your comments <3
    I'm glad you like Trix. I have known a lot of cats throughout my life and I love how well the game reproduces their characteristics.
    All cats have their own personality and of course Trix personality is completely my own interpretation :)
    When a Simmer starts his science career, he must at some point make a moral choice.
    I have struggled to write this chapter and to my apology I would say that morality and ethics is a subject that has occupied philosophers for thousands of years.
    It is not a simple choice between good and evil or black and white. Tusnelda is neither an angel nor a devil but a character that contains a bit of everything.
    Let's see how she handles this choice.

sqom4Nvl.png
    Chapter 35
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited June 2021
    “I’m sorry if I offended you Kristina … it was that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Rose Perfume, but I assure you I do not find you attractive at all.”

:D:D:D

Aww poor Tusnelda is trying to build a better relationship with Masato but perhaps that wasn't the best suggestion.

Trix and Fiona are adorable. Again, I hope there are kittens in their future!

I love Blue's attitude lol.

Aha I was right, kittens soon! Yay!

I hope you enjoy your break :)
    @MaggieMarley
    It will not be easy for Tusnelda to win the respect of her colleagues. She is not evil but she is socially handicapped and she must learn to ask before drawing conclusions on behalf of others.

Blue really gets expanded Rasmus' world :lol:

I've been notified there are kittens on the way ... maybe a few more chapters will go before you see them. My archive of unused photos is huge :#

Thanks! :) I'm going on a drawing course for a whole week. It will be interesting.
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,768 Member
    Spent today and yesterday catching up.
    Aww Fiona and Trix are cute together! I see no-one believes Tusnelda's concerns about Masato because of her history with men, I can imagine it must be bad for her that no-one believes her, and how they narrow her whole life down to that one incident when there is more to her than that. If Masato does do something to one of the others, they'll all come crying back to Tusnelda I bet. It's good to see her getting her love life back on track with someone she can actually trust, even if she's not happy he doesn't believe her.

I can kind of see why she's gotten mad with Martin though. Being constantly told you are overthinking/irrational, and people not believing your concerns is annoying. It feels like no-one is taking you seriously when people are like that. I imagine it is even more annoying for a survivor like Tusnelda. Interesting conversation between her and Masato in Chapter 35. Tusnelda may think his vampirism is a curse but maybe he is fine with it. Looking forward to kittens!
    they/them or she/her
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,751 Member
    Have fun on your break! And I totally forgot to mention this in my blog comment so I'll put it here but
    Oh my gods kittens! Incoming kittens! Yes! They'll be so cute! 😍😍😍
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @SnowBnuuy Thank you for taking the time to catch up on all the chapters <3
    I try to describe Tusnelda as a complex character. There are always several sides to a conflict, but she and Martin complement each other perfectly and there is a great love between them.

Masato was not very kind to Tusnelda the first days when she started at work and with her experience it is clear that she suspected him. It is horrible if no one in your environment can spot what you are seeing and it can easily make you feel bad about yourself. I love that Tusnelda sticks to herself, even though she may not be right.

The kittens are coming in two to three episodes from now. I look forward to getting a little more cat logic into the story.
    However, I hope you can live with the fact that Trix has stepped a little more into the background.

@_sims_Yimi Kittens on the way !! Yes!! <3
    pN7Pt22l.png

Dear readers.
    This break has been much longer than I had imagined and I will therefore give you an update.
    A short summer update
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    Enjoy your vacation with your husband and I look forward to further chapters.
    The story continues. Find a new Forum thread here
    CossQ5xl.png
  • HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 784 Member
    I've just finished reading the first part, it was very interesting!
    Tusnelda for sure didn't have an easy past, but I had a good time reading about her learning about herself (moving out on her own, finding her first job, spending time outdoor and gardening...), and also the interaction she has with Trix, that cat seems so intelligent and expressive!
    Then I was almost surprised reading how she managed to open up to others and make so many new friends, good for her! And then her love, of course, step by step she seems to have developed a very solid relationship (even if, about it, I was hoping for Rasmus instead, he reminds me a lot of a very nice guy I met when studying abroad. Anyway, as long as they are all happy, this is probably the best for them). My favorite couple is probably Trix and Fiona, I can't wait to see their kittens XD
    I was also very surprised reading about her career change, in a very positive way because I love science! Good luck Tusnelda, the job is hard but each new discovery gives so much satisfaction!
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.16 posted on the 14th of April 2024*
    @HermioneSims Thank you for your in-depth comment. I just accepted your answer on the website and will read it later :smile:

Tusnelda is definitely undergoing a major development.
    There are several who like you have voted for Rasmus and he is definitely a nice guy. He gets a more prominent role in the future section of the story.
    The chemistry arose all by itself between Martin and Tusnelda, so it had to be her choice. I was really surprised when she suddenly cried when he went after their first night together.
    I can not always figure out what it is that makes two Sims "click" in the game. When I myself try to make the perfect match in CAS there is often no chemistry.

Trix is ​​the little voice of reason and I often have fun writing his comments on Tusnelda's behavior. Fiona is a cute cat but she is also a bit naughty. The kittens arrive when you get further in the story.

Tusnelda has a hidden ability for computer science. To my surprise, she won a computer every time she participated in a hackathon and that has never happened to other Sims I have played with.
    Her science career is a natural choice, with her abilities. (Besides, it was part of the challenge I had been given by Anbodil who had created Tusnelda and Trix).
    I think it's really fun to play the science career because you're forced out to make an ethical choice. Do you want to use science to create the good or the evil in the world? A scientist develops some very powerful tools.
  • HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 784 Member
    @MonaSolstraale more or less on your blog I wrote the same things as in this comment, I just wasn't sure to have posted in the right way in there :P

Anyway, soon I will read also the latest chapters, I'm curious to see what happens now!

The science career in The Sims is one of my favourite ones, it's the first one I played with. The game asks for a moral choice at a certain point, that's true, but most of my sims are somewhere in the middle, they all developed some mischief points for the way they were using the simray and a couple of other inventions... Anyway, this is giving me some new ideas, it sounds funny to play the true mad evil scientist (Bwahahaha!)
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.16 posted on the 14th of April 2024*
    @HermioneSims It confuses many that their message on the blog must be approved before it becomes visible. It is a security setting to avoid "trolls".
    Now that you are approved you should not have any problems.

It's pretty cool we both play with a scientist.
    Feel free to write about the vicious scientist. I'm probably not going to take advantage of that idea because I have a hard time identifying with the evil choices. I am too soft and my instinct will always lead me to feel sorry for the victim :joy:
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,322 Member
    I've started into the second season. I really love this story. You have created such a delightful set of characters.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
    Thanks for the comment @GlacierSnow :)
    It's really exciting for me to develop the individual personalities. To begin with, I find my inspiration in the body language and facial expressions the Sims show me. Later, the character becomes more vivid in my evidence and they get a life of their own :D
    They really have taken on a life of their own! I just finished Chapter 39, and I love all the drama that's going on. I'm really invested in these characters and their relationships now.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Oh! You have really reached a very intense and drama-filled place in the story now :lol:
    Definitely. :smiley: And I can really see why readers over on the Art of Simlit thread said that Rasmus is such a memorable character. I hadn't met him yet when people were posting about that question, but now that I have I totally get it.

I love all the characters though. For me loving a story is often more about the whole set of personalities and how they interact than it is about any one specific character. This story is great!
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Hi @MonaSolstraale since you have your comments section set to require approval before comments appear, I thought I'd just let you know that I left comments on several of the early chapters in the story (several weeks ago), and a couple of the later ones (yesterday), but most still seem to not be showing up in the comments section. I don't remember exactly which chapters at the beginning I commented on (but there were at least a few between Chapter 1 and maybe Chapter 15 or so), and I know I left comments on Chapters 41 (Deep to Fall), and 45 (Do never challenge the Reaper). Because those chapters are awesome. :smiley:

My comment on Chapter 21 (Ups and Downs) does show however (and you replied to it). So I'm not sure why the earlier ones don't appear.

I know that with Manny's My Roommate the Vampire story, alerts about my comments were initially going into their spam folder, so I just thought I'd mention it.

Anyway, still loving the story!
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    edited February 2023
    @GlacierSnow Thank you for telling me.
    I had approved you on my website, but I just found out that the Jetpack plugin has a spam filter feature that caught your last three comments.
    Jetpack is the program that connects me to WP Reader and I have no idea why it has overridden my approval on my website.
    I have approved your comments now and will immediately go in and read them.

NB: Unfortunately, the spam filter did not contain any comments from before chapter 21. Sadly, therefore, I don't think it will be possible for me to find them. Sorry about that :/
    That's okay. My earlier comments were pretty much all variations on "Hey! I like this story!" :smile: Glad you can read the later ones though.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg