Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's broken but can't repair it.

TammyGrantSimTammyGrantSim Posts: 33 Member
edited February 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Since the update I can't repair anything when it's broken. My sim works on it but it never gets repaired.

Also broken is the Actor career - After passing the audtion I get a list of things to work on (skills and/or getting to know co-workers etc.) I get them all finished but when I travel to a different place or go to the job, then all say "not started" Hopefully this is an easy fix. Thank you.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• TammyGrantSimTammyGrantSim Posts: 33 Member
    I did a repair on the game and now I can fix broken items, but the Actor career is still broken.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sounds like a bug. You can contact SimGuruNick, SimGuruArvin, or SimGuruChelle on Twitter to go EA help to see if you bug was reported or send your save files directly to the QA team.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    @TammyGrantSim Do you use Mods? If so, take out the mods folder, repair the game, delete the cache in the sims folder and try again. Outdated mods cause some problems in the game.
  • TammyGrantSimTammyGrantSim Posts: 33 Member
    Simsandra wrote: »
    @TammyGrantSim Do you use Mods? If so, take out the mods folder, repair the game, delete the cache in the sims folder and try again. Outdated mods cause some problems in the game.

I have never used mods or CC in my game. I did check twitter and found that a lot of other people are having the same issue. So hopefully it will be fixed in an upcoming patch. Thank you though for taking the time to try to help :)
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited January 2020
    Yep I wasn't able to repair or upgrade objects either out of the blue. I repaired the game and it works now. Strange
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    The under the sea claw foot tub can't be repaired. Its broke in 2 save in 4 houses total and I couldn't repair any of them.
  • PeterCorlessPeterCorless Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Behappy1st said:
    > The under the sea claw foot tub can't be repaired. Its broke in 2 save in 4 houses total and I couldn't repair any of them.

A lot of the showers have been seen to be unrepairable. You literally just have to buy a new one and delete the old one. It's been broken... a while. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-Can-t-Repair-Tub-Shower-Combos-While-Get-Famous/td-p/10539324/page/2
  • Aussiehobbit1994Aussiehobbit1994 Posts: 1 New Member
    When trying to do the gardening collection the only time it registers a plant is if it was bought through one of the stalls. That's it. Makes it hard to even build the collection up. I've tried starting and restarting but nothing had worked. I use no mods or cc so idk. Help?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top