Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Car Hint in Industrial Kit

2...Next

Comments

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Toz91 wrote: »
    A youtuber I watched said "Henford on Bagly" is a hint to Henry Ford on Bagley Street (I hope I spelled that correctly). But I still can't understand why people want cars. They're not going to open the worlds up Sims 3 style because the game engine is different and even bikes and boats make no sense in these smaller neighbourhoods we have. Not every house has a road off of it. Cars are only good if they can be driven. Any "cars" they give us in game won't be drivable, thus rendering them useless.
    One of the simgurus said this was purely coincidental, and is not a hint.

I want cars, TS2 wasn’t an open world and their cars are high praised around the sims community, so no open world isn’t a great defense for no cars
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    It definitely seems "odd" the song they chose for the new trailer is a lot about cars and even the toddler had a car outfit on.....😏
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    A youtuber I watched said "Henford on Bagly" is a hint to Henry Ford on Bagley Street (I hope I spelled that correctly). But I still can't understand why people want cars. They're not going to open the worlds up Sims 3 style because the game engine is different and even bikes and boats make no sense in these smaller neighbourhoods we have. Not every house has a road off of it. Cars are only good if they can be driven. Any "cars" they give us in game won't be drivable, thus rendering them useless.

I want cars, TS2 wasn’t an open world and their cars are high praised around the sims community, so no open world isn’t a great defense for no cars

they always say that
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    It definitely seems "odd" the song they chose for the new trailer is a lot about cars and even the toddler had a car outfit on.....😏

Yeah the editing on that was too purposeful not to be a hint lmao And the song they picked makes zeroooooo sense for the pack it was selling except in the context of being a hint
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

they always say that
    Yes and when they say it, they mean it.
    edited September 2021

they always say that
    Yes and when they say it, they mean it.

The number of times Gurus say something isnt a hint and it turns out to be a major feature shortly after is almost a coincidence in itself lmao If they came out and said "yeah we tell you what stuff is ahead of time!" then it ceases to be a hint. Its just a spoiler.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    All I know is for 20 years we see obvious hints that are consistent and then that them is in a upcoming pack.

I've been thinking we're getting a version of the cars we want since Henford on Bagley was announced.

I just don't understand some of their world design choices if they knew they were going to bring us cars eventually.

And then, by experience, I learned I enjoy those lots that are remote and not connected to anything. Fun.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    We'll probably get cars eventually. I just hope when we do that the devs put in fun cool cars like:
    Batmobile
    DeLorean
    General Lee
    K.I.T.T
    Speedrod
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    We'll probably get cars eventually. I just hope when we do that the devs put in fun cool cars like:
    Batmobile
    DeLorean
    General Lee
    K.I.T.T
    Speedrod

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited September 2021
    Conclue wrote: »
    All I know is for 20 years we see obvious hints that are consistent and then that them is in a upcoming pack.

I've been thinking we're getting a version of the cars we want since Henford on Bagley was announced.

I just don't understand some of their world design choices if they knew they were going to bring us cars eventually.

And then, by experience, I learned I enjoy those lots that are remote and not connected to anything. Fun.

I think they maybe didn't know that they would add them later on. I also think they're definitely in development, as they mentioned them in that letter from the Team along with bunkbeds and farms.

I also enjoy those remote lots, and I think they should just let those areas be carless. Could be as simple as a quick pop-up 'This Lot is not connected to the main roads! [Sim] needs to walk to their destination'. And boom, done.
  • ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    Well, well, people are in another thread speculating about if the promoted "100 Baes" challenge is a hint for a romance pack coming soon, or the hotels Gamechangers have been making lately. And what did I see when I opened up Sims today, on the main menu? A promoted tiny eco build with...a pick-up on a driveway next to the house.

Interesting.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    edited September 2021
    The new roadmap... "kits that defy borders and boundaries" could be a hint towards cars kit. Given the nature of TS4, I think cars being just a kit would be fitting.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    Things like that are better suited to modders than being implemented by the Sims team. This isn't the Sims 2 or 3. They'd have to rework every single neighbourhood. I'd much prefer a new pack with decent gameplay items and a new world. They don't have unlimited man power. I don't personally need cars to make the experience better. I don't even have a license, so maybe that's why. There are already small cars in game that you can size up as well as cars hidden in the buydebug catalogue. I think there is more of a need for family gameplay and age-specific activities than cars.

I always find it peculiar when folks say :

“Due to my personal preference there is more need for this and this and such and such. The team should not waste resources on what others want, only on what I want. What others want doesn’t matter and they should just get a mod for that.”

Why should a team waste their unlimited manpower on freeing babies or family gameplay when they could instead rebuild the worlds so other simmers can drive their cars? Just get a family gameplay or baby mod or whatever. I couldn’t care less.

But in reality I don’t talk like that because I can appreciate every simmer’s wants. Those wants are equally valid.

The only time I may refer to mods is when people are asking for content related to extremely sensitive subject matter such as disabilities or content that exceeds the teen rating.

Other than that, man, there are so many ways to implement cars in the Sims 4.
    If folks just can’t see it after the many many threads about how cars CAN work in this game, it’s time they stop wasting their energy on even thinking and talking about it.

*drives off with squealing tires*

Preach!
    :D
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    Reedfish wrote: »
    Well, well, people are in another thread speculating about if the promoted "100 Baes" challenge is a hint for a romance pack coming soon, or the hotels Gamechangers have been making lately. And what did I see when I opened up Sims today, on the main menu? A promoted tiny eco build with...a pick-up on a driveway next to the house.

Interesting.

Im in that thread too 😂😂😂 I outed the influencers for making hotels hahahaha Gluon played his hotel thing again yesterday, speaking of.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • TahabataTahabata Posts: 82 Member
    A long time ago, I stopped attending this forum because I completely lost faith in the current team of the sims. I had even uninstalled the game.
    However, when I heard about this new rumor, I decided to research what was new since the last time I played it, and surprisingly, I had to update my wishlist (As you can see below, most of it is already "checked"). Of course, a lot of this content arrived a little incomplete and not quite the way I expected, but they arrived!
    And one more surprise, something I had already completely ruled out: They updated an old game pack.
    Well, whether this rumor is a tip from the team or not, I believe there is now a REAL possibility of cars coming into the game.
    Here's an old post I made about good ideas for making cars realistic, even if we don't have open worlds:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/970207/cars-ideas-please-release-this-soon-or-the-community-breaks/p1?new=1

I also edited to include the latest content.
    Wish list:
    - Cars, motorcycles, bycicles. (Detailed animations)
    - Wild Animals (Interactive)
    - Thief and Celebrity (Better and more active!)
    - Bands
    - Farming or Medieval EP
    - Cyberpunk or Asian GP
    - Beach.