March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Season, New Sims! New Kits!

Comments

• MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Olalla1986 wrote: »
    Not gonna lie, I’m a little disappointed for now with “three global FIT kits”. Are these going to be all athletic like Throwback Fit Kit? I think one was enough, my sims are desperate for some new everyday clothes, lol. I’m still hoping for some good CAS though. Wish they could include some nice short male hair, but I guess it will always be just clothes. But I’m super pumped up for free update, seems like we may get color wheel and basically any free update to base game is always a good thing. ;)

I originally thought "fit" related to atheltic clothes to, but thinking about it now... maybe it stands for OutFIT... like just general CAS clothing?
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited September 2021
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I don't get it? Where's the Fall's Gameplay & Expansion?

I'm not sure if we will get a Game Pack... I hope that's not the case, I don't want kits instead of Game Packs.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Not gonna lie, this is pretty lackluster.
    I’m not a fan of Kits and don’t plan on buying any of them. Especially CAS Kits.
    The update sounds like B&B updates, which is fine but doesn’t really excite.
    Let’s hope winter is more interesting!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,710 Member
    My disapoinment is that people carried on so bad about bust the dust (which I actually like) they have given up on gameplay kits it seems 🥴😔
    Interested to see the themes though. Marketing teams sure uses odd word choices and advert designs. Three fit kits? As in three fitness related kit? Or three kits fit for the player? Or...?

There were issues with BTD so people were justified in their criticism. Hopefully the team is just working to make sure the next gameplay kits are bug free.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2021
    I'm already sick of the kits, it's to much and they don't even do anything for the game beyond appearances and adding more issues.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    That's a lot of kits that's not gameplay. Eh, I wish they'd actually give us something interesting instead of the same cas and build packs over and over. At least sprinkle some gameplay in once in a while, please.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Why does the townie refresh have me worried?
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited September 2021
    dang it thats pretty vague ...again

time to overanalyze this :lol:

I do wonder if the looks will really defy borders and boundaries though *adjust monocle* hope its something cool cause man thats lot of cas kits

another modern build kit sounds pretty meh in theory but well personal taste anyway as modernity just ain't it

slightly concerned about the lack of romance in these wordings though perhaps it is indeed still not coming anytime soon :disappointed:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Personally I'm thrilled for new kits without gameplay, for obvious reasons. The kits I do have with decor are great, I love Mosaic and Country kits and am eager to see what new BB is coming.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I have hope that they can be nice kits, and I do appreciate content. We'll see, though. We'll also see how much kits and free updates get in the way of paid DLC.

I'm generally open until given a reason not to be.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    Not going to lie, was a bit bummed when I saw it was only Kits and "Free Updates" mentioned since I was holding out (cautious) hope for a new occult this year. But then I saw it didn't say Free Basegame updates and it gave me some hope back. Perhaps there will be another Gamepack Update or an expansion that adds a new occult? 🤞

I was thinking exactly the same. We haven't gotten a new occult lifestate for ages, 2019 to be exact. I was hoping for an occult GP in autumn but if that we coming they would have mentioned it like they mentioned packs in the summer overview .
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member

also worried but mostly cause ive built my whole save on premades so i really don't want them to change them out of nowhere like dang at least hope it does not affect my save
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    edited September 2021
    3 CAS Kits: toddlers, children and teens or elders focused? LOL I think we can still dream about that... It will be again young adult focused.
    Less bugs with CAS and BB kits? Think about the nails update (I love the nails, but it come with lot of visual glitches with clothes).
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    My favorites are saved to my library.

These updates are always rollercoatsers for me, with little in between "Oh, I love this so much" and "Need a mod asap to get this out of my game again". Customizing with color could refer to more swatches, what is good. In combination with New ways to play it might hint at sims becoming more aware of colors, building on the Likes/Dislikes system. A sim wearing their favorite color might become more attarctive ion their eyes, or a room with their disliked color might trigger the Awful decoration moodlet. I hope it's this, and not some generic thing like red being present in any form making sims flirty.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,061 Member
    So for what it's worth, here's my best guess/speculation on what's coming our way:

1) "add dimension to your sims' lives" = new traits, aspirations, likes/dislikes will be coming in the CAS kits

2) "let you customize your space with colour" = adding the ability to use colour/hue/saturation sliders to build/buy items (instead of just make-up) which will give us a lot more colour options to play around with (it's not a colour wheel per se, but will still give us a bigger range of colour options to choose from).

3) "and unlock new ways to play" = Perhaps we will now be getting these colour/hue/saturation sliders for everything now? Hair, make-up, clothes, accessories, eyes, skin, decor, clutter, furniture, wall coverings, doors/windows/stairs, bushes/flowers, etc etc.... Which will, naturally, open up and "unlock" a whole new way of customizing our sims and the world around them?

In a nutshell: I think this fall season is all about customizing our sims' with new outfits and personalities, and customizing our sims' surroundings with new colour changing options. Changing colours.... just like during the autumn season? ;)
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • flaminganakinflaminganakin Posts: 36 Member
    > @AncientMuse said:
    > So for what it's worth, here's my best guess/speculation on what's coming our way:
    >
    > 1) "add dimension to your sims' lives" = new traits, aspirations, likes/dislikes will be coming in the CAS kits
    >
    > 2) "let you customize your space with colour" = adding the ability to use colour/hue/saturation sliders to build/buy items (instead of just make-up) which will give us a lot more colour options to play around with (it's not a colour wheel per se, but will still give us a bigger range of colour options to choose from).
    >
    >
    > In a nutshell: I think this fall season is all about customizing our sims' with new outfits and personalities, and customizing our sims' surroundings with new colour changing options. Changing colours.... just like during the autumn season? ;)

FWIW, I think you're spot on with 1 & 2. I think your guess for "customize your space with color" is a nice alternative to getting a straight up color wheel. So I really hope you're right :)
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    So for what it's worth, here's my best guess/speculation on what's coming our way:

1) "add dimension to your sims' lives" = new traits, aspirations, likes/dislikes will be coming in the CAS kits

2) "let you customize your space with colour" = adding the ability to use colour/hue/saturation sliders to build/buy items (instead of just make-up) which will give us a lot more colour options to play around with (it's not a colour wheel per se, but will still give us a bigger range of colour options to choose from).

3) "and unlock new ways to play" = Perhaps we will now be getting these colour/hue/saturation sliders for everything now? Hair, make-up, clothes, accessories, eyes, skin, decor, clutter, furniture, wall coverings, doors/windows/stairs, bushes/flowers, etc etc.... Which will, naturally, open up and "unlock" a whole new way of customizing our sims and the world around them?

In a nutshell: I think this fall season is all about customizing our sims' with new outfits and personalities, and customizing our sims' surroundings with new colour changing options. Changing colours.... just like during the autumn season? ;)

Good summary 🤭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    My disapoinment is that people carried on so bad about bust the dust (which I actually like) they have given up on gameplay kits it seems 🥴😔
    Interested to see the themes though. Marketing teams sure uses odd word choices and advert designs. Three fit kits? As in three fitness related kit? Or three kits fit for the player? Or...?

There were issues with BTD so people were justified in their criticism. Hopefully the team is just working to make sure the next gameplay kits are bug free.

True. But I just feel like it might have really discouraged them from gameplay kits all together. We haven't had one since then. And I was excited for all the gameplay kit possibilities
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Duvelina wrote: »
    I'm also thinking 'add dimension' refers to the lore update.

I'm holding off rebuilding my template save till the lore update comes through, in case the lore doesn't extend to existing saves, plus if they adjust the looks of some of the OG Sims (looking at Bella Goth and offspring).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I can’t believe we’re still not getting a gameplay kit. I’m happy for those who are excited about these kits, but to me they’re just cc that costs money.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I’m also wondering if they are working on more refreshes instead of releasing new large packs…hence the kits. I think even though it’s a smidge buggy spa days refresh was fantastic. I’d love to see more like it with some of the other dlc.

Does this mean no November EP though? Or could it be they are keeping a November release quiet for now? Again if we get an EP refresh instead that be fine just curious.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I'm already sick of the kits, it's to much and they don't even do anything for the game beyond appearances and adding more issues.

I think they have a place in the Simiverse -- for example people who don't want to use CC (or console players who can't) but want just a few new items rather than a full on SP or GP. I'm actually interested to hear what's in the pipeline for pack refreshes; enjoying the new Spa Day features. Would be cool if we could get lake swimming in Outdoor Retreat or maybe a rowboat/canoe to go farther out in the water.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I do buy kits I like and enjoy having more items in my game to help create more variety in my gameplay. But I admit I am disappointed that they are planning four kits and no mention of a stuff or game pack. Four kits costs the same amount as a game pack, and i too was hoping for more occults, especially with Halloween around the corner. I really want werewolves and fairies at least in my game.. I do want to see more well-rounded personalities for my sims that "add dimension to" my sims' lives, so am anxious to see what that all means. Guess just have to be patient and see what the kits will be, though I was really hoping for at least a stuff pack.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    I'm all for CAS kits, so bring them on!

I just really, really hope that one of them is dedicated to nightwear... like I'd literally do backflips if they gave us a nightwear/pyjama kit.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I hope they announce what they are tomorrow. I know wishfull thinking but I'd like to see what the clothing packs are and I hope one of the packs caters to male sims.
    WbUrFQm.png