Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Season, New Sims! New Kits!

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,704 Member
    edited September 2021
    Four new kits coming. Three CAS, one BB.
  • Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    Enjoy free updates that add dimension to your Sims' lives, let you customize your space with color and unlock new ways to play... :D

Ohh I am so excited to see what all they have in store! <3
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I feel like we're getting three clothing kits with styles from different cultures and I think some kind of colour wheel is coming to the base game.

Also feeling a plant kit coming for the build kit.
    Looks like they'll all be available at the same time.

"Try it all, all at once."
  • Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    Looks like they'll all be available at the same time.

"Try it all, all at once."

Ohhh now I'm even more excited! Thank you for sharing!
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 715 Member
    Suspicious how it says customize your space with color and the center of the image is a circle...just saying...a circle's kinda like a wheel. ;)

Could also be an update that'll allow us to customize ceilings finally. Or just new swatches, which'll still be great. idk friends I'm excited.

Also, unlock new ways to play? I wonder what unlocking means, exactly.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
    Lol, not getting my hopes up for a color wheel. :p
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I'm also thinking 'add dimension' refers to the lore update.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Crazy if they actually add the color wheel since modder Arnie was JUST messing with a mod last week to do that! Maybe the code they used made it easier for him!
    Aw man. Well, if my hopes have to be dashed let it be quick, right? Still looking forward to the updates!
    • She/Her.
    I like the anticipation but sometimes I wish they'd just tell us already. What and when.
    I like the anticipation but sometimes I wish they'd just tell us already. What and when.

I agree. Or, at least give us some more specific hints, there's not much to speculate with here.
    • She/Her.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Not going to lie, was a bit bummed when I saw it was only Kits and "Free Updates" mentioned since I was holding out (cautious) hope for a new occult this year. But then I saw it didn't say Free Basegame updates and it gave me some hope back. Perhaps there will be another Gamepack Update or an expansion that adds a new occult? 🤞
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    I kinda like this new thing they got going on where they have seasons with sims.

Three kits and one build kit though? That's a bit of an odd release schedule.

And that picture is pretty odd too.
  • TorieTorie Posts: 87 Member
    Not going to lie, was a bit bummed when I saw it was only Kits and "Free Updates" mentioned since I was holding out (cautious) hope for a new occult this year. But then I saw it didn't say Free Basegame updates and it gave me some hope back. Perhaps there will be another Gamepack Update or an expansion that adds a new occult? 🤞

I was hoping for an occult themed pack for Halloween, but here we are :|
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    My disapoinment is that people carried on so bad about bust the dust (which I actually like) they have given up on gameplay kits it seems 🥴😔
    Interested to see the themes though. Marketing teams sure uses odd word choices and advert designs. Three fit kits? As in three fitness related kit? Or three kits fit for the player? Or...?
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    edited September 2021
    I was thinking about what occult could go in a kit. What about a genie?
    Like the vaccum pack, there’s five different lamps to buy but the gameplay is the genie.
    Perhaps the genie skill level reflects the price of the lamp etc?
    Or perhaps there’s a selection of five genies and it’s more who you get?
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • flaminganakinflaminganakin Posts: 36 Member
    > @Babykittyjade said:
    > My disapoinment is that people carried on so bad about bust the dust (which I actually like) they have given up on gameplay kits it seems 🥴😔
    > Interested to see the themes though. Marketing teams sure uses odd word choices and advert designs. Three fit kits? As in three fitness related kit? Or three kits fit for the player? Or...?

They could mean "'fit" as in short for "outfit." ie: a CAS kit.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,061 Member
    Oh my... this sounds interesting! I'm dying to know what the updates and "new ways to play" will be.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
    @MeowchaFrappe fingers crossed for an occult later this year. I'm really ready for a new occult too. Especially since I didn't like spellcasters much. Aliens don't do anything of interest. I've been playing with mermaids and vampires for years. Definitely ready for a new species to add to the group 🥲
    > @Babykittyjade said:
    > My disapoinment is that people carried on so bad about bust the dust (which I actually like) they have given up on gameplay kits it seems 🥴😔
    > Interested to see the themes though. Marketing teams sure uses odd word choices and advert designs. Three fit kits? As in three fitness related kit? Or three kits fit for the player? Or...?

They could mean "'fit" as in short for "outfit." ie: a CAS kit.

Hmmmm yeah didn't think of that! Makes the most sense I guess.
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    edited September 2021
    Not gonna lie, I’m a little disappointed for now with “three global FIT kits”. Are these going to be all athletic like Throwback Fit Kit? I think one was enough, my sims are desperate for some new everyday clothes, lol. I’m still hoping for some good CAS though. Wish they could include some nice short male hair, but I guess it will always be just clothes. But I’m super excited for free update, seems like we may get color wheel and basically any free update to base game is always a good thing. ;)
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    @MeowchaFrappe fingers crossed for an occult later this year. I'm really ready for a new occult too. Especially since I didn't like spellcasters much. Aliens don't do anything of interest. I've been playing with mermaids and vampires for years. Definitely ready for a new species to add to the group 🥲

It's been since 2019 since we last got a new occult lifestate. :'( I will accept literally ANY occult at this point.