Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    September - Day 19: "Spa Day - Ladies Only! Part Two"

u9vgjm6.png

Notes

The daily pic makes me laugh! There is so much going on in it! Reminds me of one of those 'Create a Caption' kind of screenshots. What do you think is going on? ;)
    zQUfkgG.png
    Essa found Melody sitting at a chess table looking very sad.
    "Hey, are you okay? What happened?"
    "Yeah, I'm fine, now. Sorry I left without telling you. I just couldn't wait to get out of there before I did something I'd regret later."
    Melody told Essa what had happened between her and Jessie while the two played a lazy game of chess together. Neither one was paying much attention to the chess board. Melody told her Josh was making her a drink and since the bar wasn't far away he heard her and yelled that he'd make one for Essa too.

"Thanks Babe! Hey, where's Malcom?"
    "Oh, well he got called into work, they had some kind of emergency. Hopefully he won't be gone too long."

5JoxSOe.png
    "You should've told me before you left."

OhTsN3R.png
    "Hey, I'm a Spellcaster, you're a vampire, we could've put that chick in a world of pain and misery she'd never forget. Nobody better mess with the Connor cousins, right?"
    "Oh yeah, I like the sound of that."
    "Drinks are ready ladies."
    "Let's grab our drinks and take them out on the dock."

VkV6Xew.png
    The three had a chat, sipping their drinks while waiting for Malcom to come back home.

o11czyO.png
    Essa told a ghost story and the look on her face cracked me up! She had little ghosts floating around her at the end of it too. I've never seen that before. After awhile they went inside to watch a movie.

iKNPBmN.png
    Toward the end of the movie Malcom finally showed up.
    "Hey Babe, everything go okay?"
    "Yep, everything's cool. Wasn't much of an emergency really. The new guy just couldn't find a file he needed. Could've done it over the phone, but he's not very tech savvy, I had to show him."
    "Ah, okay. Well the movie's over. Let's turn on some music and have some more drinks."
    "Sounds good to me!"

9TPGwL2.png
    Josh mixed up more drinks for everyone and they had a dance together, laughing and singing. The night was turning out much better than the day had been as they let down their hair and had fun. Essa danced her way over to Josh giving him a coquettish smile.

2qPI9FS.png
    "I missed you today, did you miss me?"
    "Oh yeah Beautiful, very much."

6CBgm8V.png
    "Did you have fun with Malcom?"
    "Yeah, until he had to go. It was kind of weird being here by myself in someone else's house, but I just sat out on the dock enjoying the waterfall...and thinking about you. I have an idea about that I think you'll love. I'll tell you later." Josh murmured in that deep sexy voice he only used when he was feeling frisky.

NeZho1q.png
    Meanwhile, Melody told Malcom what happened at the Spa and he insisted she give him some training so he'd be a more powerful vampire. He wanted to be the best he could be to protect her. Melody giggled telling him he couldn't have helped and she could take care of herself, but he insisted. She showed him how to mesmerize his prey and he then tried to do it. Unfortunately, it back fired and he mesmerized himself instead.

0LTzyLO.png
    "Ahhhh! My head, my head! I'm so dizzy. Gah!"
    "hehe I know the feeling. Don't feel bad. Happens to every fledgling, you'll get it eventually."

ORRLlDn.png
    "I need a drink." Malcom pouted and walked away.
    "Aww, come on Babe, don't be so upset about it."

Meanwhile Josh and Essa were getting a bit cozy with their dancing together. I love it when Sims end up too close to each other, makes for some fun screenshots!

f69jERQ.png
    "Oh hey, I love this song, come dance with me Melody." Malcom asked and began to dance, forgetting all about having a drink.
    "It's sexy isn't it?" Essa questioned.
    "Not as sexy as you Beautiful."

3SuRLWU.png
    "Well that's not exactly what I had in mind, what are you doing out there?"
    "I need more room."

6aFedY1.png
    "Woo Hoo! That's my girl, work it Melody, work it!"
    I don't know if Josh intended to kiss Essa's forehead or on the lips, but he landed on her nose. hehe Kind of cute really.

Q54Hx0I.png
    "We should probably think about going home. It's getting late and...well, I just want to be with you."

8AwGb5E.png
    Josh walked over and started to say his goodbyes to Malcom with a handshake.
    "Not gonna do it Dude, gimme a hug man!"

Essa walked out to where Melody was to say her own goodbyes.

hkNci2C.png
    "Aww, so soon? It's not that late, can you stay just a little longer?"
    "Are you sure? Don't want to wear out our welcome."
    "Oh come on, you're family! You guys could stay over night even, if we had the room. Then we could really party down! Come over any time, night or day, we're always awake."

ES4KX0N.png
    I don't know what Essa was doing, but I wasn't paying attention to that once I noticed what was going on in the background. Malcom tried to scare Josh again.

MMLEmqQ.png
    "HAHA! That never gets old man. You should've seen your face!"
    "You got me, yup. You're such a goof Malcom."

qbOZqqr.png
    "A goof huh? I'll show you who's a goof, wanna fight me? Come on, we haven't done that since you guys lived in Evergreen Harbor!" (*Note - Malcom talked about how they had kids back then, I just remembered. Opps! Uh, let's pretend that never happened. ;))

UDdBb1Z.png
    "Nah, maybe some other time Dude. We should get going. It's getting late, don't want to keep you guys up."

6S3LDyo.png
    "Aww, really? It's not that late. I know you guys don't sleep much, just like we don't, why else would you need to g...oh wait, I get it." Malcom said when Josh gave him a knowing look with raised eyebrows between guys that spoke volumes.

DrNDovZ.png
    "HAHAHA! Oh man, that's hilarious! You should've been a comedian or something. Who told you that joke? Or did you make it up yourself?"
    "Our robot, Frank, told me, remember him?"
    "Oh yeah! Him! Funniest robot I ever met! Well, the only robot I ever met. He's good!"
    "Famous now too. Yup!"

weyfKw6.png
    "Seriously though, let's do this again. I still want to get my nails done for one thing. Or we can just hang out here, or your place. Maybe next time do some grilling. Do you like steak?"
    "Love it! So does Josh. We had some at the Kava party, remember?"
    "Oh yeah, that's right. Hey are you hungry? We could grill some now and..."
    "Melody, do I have to say it out loud. We're both hungry, but, uh...not for food."
    "Ohhh, okay. Duh, I should've figured that out myself the way you guys were making moon eyes at each other. hehe"

8tNWN5R.png
    *RAWR!*
    "Was that scary? I've been practicing."
    "Oh yeah, you're scary Dude."

"Bye Cuz, still makes me smile I can call you that. Still blows my mind too. So cool. I love that we're actually family now."
    "We always have been, we just didn't know it. I knew I liked you for a reason. More than that, but there was always that connection I couldn't quite put my finger on. You know?"
    "Yep, me too. Okay, we'll see you again very soon."
    "Good Night, see you soon!"

Comments coming up next! Hope y'all had a great day/night and a wonderful week ahead! <3
    @permanentrose
    Thank you, glad you like them and understand. :) Yes, there is mods to get rid of both those things! Ellu game me links to them. I'll send them in a PM to you! ;)

Hmm, yeah, maybe I'll try that, open a new save and test it to see how it works. Not necessary they be mermaids, but it would be fun if they could be! Thanks for all the info and insight into the situation! :)

Ohh, okay, so it's because of a mod, makes sense.

I've had that glitch before, freaks you right out eh? It's so strange how that happens sometimes. Oh sheesh, that robot! I think it has a death wish or something. :D Aww, bummer Jules couldn't free dive. Why the heck did they put a wedding arch there nobody can use? It makes no sense! Glad you were able to place one though with that T.O.O.L. mod. I need to get that! Oh! The little Mermaid! How cute! Guessing you have some kind of painting mod. :) The Book of Life is the exact reason I chose that aspiration for Essa to do now. Josh has written one for her, the twins and his brothers, but HE needs one too!

Oh, oh baby alert, baby alert, this is not a drill folks! \o/ Can't wait to see the nooboo! :)

@Ellupelluellu
    I know! I felt so bad for her! Next time I'll control both of them and they should have a better day. :) Adam was being a sweetheart eh? hehe I couldn't believe it when she just changed her clothes and left. o.O She was just in a hurry to get out of there, too upset I think. It's cool! ;) Okay cool, beautiful red unusual nails coming right up for Melody! :)
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited September 2021
    Update 260 - Welcome, Baby!

1fOivzf.jpg
    So I decided to do a good old regular hospital birth instead of my regular staged shenanigans. It took a few tries since it was being glitchy, so by the time I got Jules signed in, it was already morning. We'll count this time gap as a realistic labor time haha. Emmett was stuck outside for some reason...
    X7QTwd1.png?1

Well this explains it. Obviously this action is gonna be queued up for a bit lol, let's reset him.
    b5iz92w.png?1

That's better. The doctor is Adia Thorpe, one of my first sims I ever sent to the doctor career when I first got that pack :)
    VS3KjMw.jpg

Okay, this is more like it haha.
    9G6Xz6X.png

I don't think this is supposed to happen :D
    C9IyDyS.png

It was a very glitchy birth. Adia kept freezing and none of the animations worked right, but whatever, I was way too lazy to do this twice. This poor kid - I did such nice posing and photos for Ruby and Rowan. It's like having your third kid in real life - can't be bothered anymore, poor thing :joy:
    ZbeEvm9.png

But there's our baby <3 A little girl named Robin Mabel Keyes :)
    5qtUXPN.png

And she is already so loved, even if she didn't get a special onesie like her siblings did when they were born :D
    g1r0Irb.png

Emmett had wandered away by this point...
    Fbq5x2L.jpg

And Jules had to do something real quick before the loading screen whisked us all back home :joy:
    nzQ3oxY.png

And as soon as they were home, this popped up for Jules. The sims has even worse maternity leave than the United States :joy::joy:
    Sure, I could have given her time off, but I decided she could work from home. Since I want her to max out this career by the end of the month, time is of the essence.
    qEldbYE.png

Jules went up to dress Robin in a onesie, and this little starfish one is quite perfect for her beach themed nursery <3
    YdWPGNy.png

And then Rowan came up to meet his new little sister.
    fJBqkfT.jpg

And it did not go well :D Hopefully he'll come around.
    LDk5cE2.png

Teens don't seem to react to babies the same way toddlers and kids do since they don't get a moodlet about it, but Ruby seems happy enough to be a big sister again.
    KcnHUsd.jpg

I downloaded one of bienchen's mods that gives that in game family portrait a simpler frame. The plain background is kind of a bummer, but yet again, too lazy to pose this family right now haha. Not sure why Robin's skin looks three shades darker than it really is, I thought they fixed the dark skinned babies. Probably something CC related lol. At this point, I'm not gonna worry about it :D
    yP7hr79.png

Sorry I'm behind on comments. I have a giant Anatomy & Physiology test I've been studying for - I'm taking it later today, and once I'm done, I'll definitely have time for comments :)
    Post edited by permanentrose on
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited September 2021
    @permanentrose -
    Congrats on Robin's birth. And why she is dark....well, she got an "in the womb" suntan from Jules being out in the sun all the time! lol And Rowan isn't too happy about having a new sibling. Yep, not the youngest anymore. But Ruby seems happy. Obviously after giving birth, Jules wanted to get right into her exercise routine! hehehe And work can't do without her either. Sheesh! hehehe. Anyway, wonderful starfish onesie, so cute :)
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,868 Member
    Short comments, as I try to sneak in my update today too :)

@Karababy52 ,
    Your first pic: Josh has just told a dirty joke, Essa was not so fan of it, Malcolm is suddenly thinking Essa's butt may be a bit too visible in that skirt , and Melody looks like she wants to hide somewhere far far away :D
    Malcolm, you never grow up :D
    Great update, thank you for the laughs :smiley: I LOVE their house!

@permanentrose ,
    Ah yes that birth bug (T pose and all) . I hope it gets sorted out soon :)
    Welcome to the simworld, little Robin :)
    You use default replacement skins on babies? :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    edited September 2021
    @Karababy52
    Oh fun, a spa day for the girls! This refresh is really making me want to get this pack. Ellu's spa is so lovely, makes for some great screenshots. Having a spa right by the volcano is a cool idea too, and I like that you incorporated the name of the original lot. Micah, my mermaid/alien, is living on that lot in my save :) Haha, so much for a relaxing day at the spa, definitely harder to do with the paparazzi hanging around. HAha, Adam yelling at the nail technician gave me a chuckle too, and Melody being extra sweet to her afterwards was a nice touch too <3 Those yoga classes look entertaining! I really love the painted nail feature too. I used to add CC nails to my TS3 game all the time, that is definitely tempting me to get this pack haha. Poor Melody, all worked up when she was supposed to be relaxing...

I feel like the girls are relaying their spa day adventures in your next daily shot, sorry I’m too tired to be more creative with my captioning lol. Nice of Melody and Essa to chat about things over a game of chess. And yes, those ghost story expression are just too funny haha. Love the impromptu vampire training session too. A fun screenshot of Josh and Essa indeed. Sometimes sims getting too close together do make for some great screenshots :D All around a fun night with Melody and Malcolm - glad Josh and Essa have such a couple they can be good friends with :)

I think I do have a mod that gives some more painting options, since I was sick of all the repeats. I have no idea what is from the game though and what is CC lol. And at some point I should get Ruby or Emmett to write Jules her own book of life too. I'm bummed that you can't bind them to toddlers. They're the ones who really need that instant need fill haha :D

@SoulGal7 and @Ellupelluellu Thanks for the comments! And I do use a CC skin for my babies, which might be why they don't display right

Mx8

August, day 27, Part four.

XcR0yy9.png

The one with the dining.

OFdOB1F.png
    Out to dine again, this time with no swimsuits.
    (ignore the hair of the hostess, what is not hat compatible :) )
    O0KXwmy.png
    This time they invited both grandmoms :)
    (Caleb there does not belong to the group)
    l1If0oC.png
    Still lots of tension between those two..

OTWjIvI.png
    Ehh.. what are you doing there.. swimming yes.. but why? I am not controlling you, so you should go to the restaurant with whoever you came with :smiley:
    LAu4aD1.png
    Oh.. maybe he was there with Essa, but as looks like she is chatting with Sandra, maybe the dining got out of his queue :) I suppose they met at kava party, tho I am pretty sure Sandra only talked with Josh.

eOq32lr.png
    Mona, real pirate salute to bartender..
    RAkFlos.png
    Who is very boring looking Sakura! Oh and in bartender clothing, so this means Josh with his hot weather outfit was NOT the actual NPC.

jd5s3h2.png
    Nancy, you better behave!
    YO69Z2V.png
    Malcolm was already at the table..
    Malcolm: "I was here first,Watcher , does that mean I can leave early?"
    NO...
    Malcolm: "I figured as much.."
    YIuiCHC.png
    So, finally all getting to the table..
    7yXcVsS.png
    Malcolm: "So, mom, we are letting the kids stay with Melody's parents for the weekend..."
    66rfRJz.png
    So, looks like Veera ordered for all (hopefully she is the one who pays too)
    vZA0OwY.png
    Nancy: "WHAT!??! I and Geof will take the kids! You are NOT letting my grandkids stay with that weird family!!!!!!"
    Malcolm: "Mom.."
    Mike: "I want to go home..."
    FqDr8fo.png
    Malcolm: "MOM, not NOW!!"

MNc1NUe.png
    Oh, looks like I have vampire meeting outside of the restaurant :)

Z8iHAuU.png
    Nancy, give it a rest..
    AbevDN7.png
    Malcolm: "Cut it off! We have decided!"

IhT6uFf.png
    and W T F ?? :D
    3qyVDvB.png
    OH!! Essa was training Josh :D remember, in my save Essa and Jules both are old vampires :)
    2v5y3J3.png
    Essa: "You suck , dude!"
    Josh: "Sandra does not think so, thanks for nothing!"

v6v5i9k.png
    Melody: "Mom, could you cut that.."
    RmKdhR7.png
    Malcolm: "ENOUGH! Kids will go to her parents, CLEAR!??"
    Nancy: "No need to shout!"

yPBzE0r.png
    ERNJITv.png
    She left :)
    XmXsF79.png
    Mona: "what is wrong, grandma?
    Mike: "She looks funny!"
    Malcolm: " Garndma just have some issues no biggie kids.."

ThEp3Ey.png
    Melody: "Will this ever work? It has to, too late to go back now.."

23G9uob.png
    Nancy: "That waitress is now put in her place, I decide if she has power on not."
    Sofia: "What a B*******H!!"
    N1X4786.png
    so she left! :D
    VHfn87U.png
    Melanie got the job ordering Ice Cream! No more drama!
    '
    tnjeYAw.png
    Mona:" Hey dad, I am sure tomorrow will be etter, with grandpa's!"
    Malcolm:"I wish.."

t5YLZsF.png
    No idea what Diego, Bella and Jules were up to..

2MTPAXj.png
    Like the evening could not go more wrong.. so Judith, with her hubby.. WOAH.. why are her boobs so huge??
    Melody: "oh my.. it was just an acting!!"
    WTk6gBj.png
    Time to order the dessert..
    Malcolm: "Oh..he again.."
    MdxNQxP.png
    Yes indeed, but ice cream was great!

Maybe better luck when dining with the grand dads :)

edited September 2021
    September - Day 20: "Lazy Summer Days and Nights"

pd1MZtv.png

Notes
    Vfm1YyK.png
    The next morning Josh got a nice surprise in the mail. The very first song he wrote on the guitar and licensed, was nominated for an award! Go Josh! He looks a bit shocked eh? Frankly, so was I! They'll be going to the Gala on Sunday to see if he won anything. That's a couple days away though.

fmfPbE0.png
    For today, the couple decided to take the canoes out to do some exploring and fishing around the islands.

75zZxOD.png
    They sailed around for awhile and found a spot that looked promising to do some fishing. I so, so wish at least two Sims could sail in the canoes together. But alas, they can't, so I had them park their separate canoes side-by-side. Such a shame...

N40aggz.png
    The fishing was very good for awhile. Josh caught a couple Mahi Mahis.

kPFmdeH.png
    A little later, Essa caught a huge Tuna!

CHbooHV.png
    The bigger fish stopped biting so much and after catching a bunch of little ones, they decided to head back to the rental.

fJddi3q.png
    Essa grabbed some leftovers while Josh took a shower, then he grabbed his own serving and sat down with her to have a chat.

vaZ0PM2.png
    I started them chatting and then just let them go with whatever they wanted to talk about. Apparently, since both were feeling flirty, that's what they wanted to do. Both kept blowing kisses, flirting, showing muscles, etc. It was cute and so...them! :)

E45SuE1.png
    Josh got extremely excited about something and then they both stood up and walked away. What the?

7FhTmDu.png
    Yup, I'm sure you guessed it, autonomous sauna woohoo! Yay! Only the second time ever has this happened. Aww, they are so in love. <3

ttE2fuO.png

iQyDprv.png
    Afterward they went for a swim and shared a kiss in the water.

sHQviuo.png
    While they were on the deck just hanging out, having some drinks and talking, the mail came since it was now morning, and Essa finally earned over 25K in royalties from her books to complete the Best Selling Author aspiration! While searching around for something else she could do, she also completed the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration! Josh also is on the third milestone of the Musician aspiration and should complete that soon. He needs to mentor 3 Sims on an instrument to move on. Which is perfect since Essa will now be doing that aspiration!

aBUH3Ku.png
    Essa challenged Josh to a game of party frenzy.

xlUFsht.png
    Which, of course, he won! She's only beat him a couple times the entire time they've been together. Since Essa could now write the Book of Life, she got started on writing one for Josh, while he went outside to try to get another tan.

uIGPjHd.png
    When Josh came inside to get a bite to eat, I noticed Morgyn walking up their front steps.

pdusAaI.png
    What's with the suspicious looks for each other guys?

"Hey Morgyn, what brings you here?"
    "Nice tan, a bit dark. Did you fall asleep or something."
    "No, I just naturally tan this dark."
    "Oh."

ivxktpq.png
    "You didn't answer my question. What brings you here? Not that you can't visit anytime. Just curious. Anyway, I'll go get Essa, I'm sure she'd love to see you too."
    "Wait..please don't. Not yet."
    "Why?"
    "Well, because I..."

To be continued...
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    edited September 2021
    Update 261 - Aspiration Complete!

oDj59wJ.png
    So this is the tail end of the day that Jules gave birth. I brought her over to Mua Pel'am to do her work tasks, and while she was there, I had her do some diving for treasure. It took a few attempts, but she finally found the heart of Sulani!

And then a dolphin appeared.
    herQQws.png
    yB29ucQ.png

But he was not a fan :/
    BMbrSqG.png

I moved Robin's crib downstairs so she could hang out with everyone and screenshots would be easier.
    nGAgHSF.jpg

I knew Rowan would come around :)
    7sZe1Cw.jpg
    oso0u6M.jpg

And Jules came home and went out to relax on one of the rafts, thus completing this month's aspiration.
    Id0LxEV.jpg

Just a short little update for today :)
    *Updated my September 20th post above! It's late though and I need to feed my cats and get some sleep. I apologize for it, but comments/replies will have to wait until later. Hope y'all understand and have a great day/night! <3
    @permanentrose ,
    yes , CC skintones still cause the black baby bug in manage worlds :)
    Lovely first pic :) And nice shot with the dolphin too, I love the yellow background :) Good job for that aspiration :smile: And glad that Rowan has changed his mind about Robin :)

@Karababy52 ,
    Great , colorful first pic! What a lovely and steamy day they had :p Yes it is annoying that those canoes will not take 2 sims :(
    Oh.. Morgyn.. wild guess.. is he a bit old fashioned, perhaps? :p That is all I say as I am not good at guessing :D

@permanentrose
    Welcome baby Robin! Guessing you use a baby skin overlay to get those pink cheeks. Cute! I've seen multiple screenshots of the birthing machine mishaps, it's obviously a bug/glitch. Bummer Rowan's not too happy about Robin, but I'm sure he'll come around soon. Love that family portrait! I saw that Mod but didn't download it because I think you need the original in-game thing that you can get from signing up for mobile Sims, right? I don't have that. Guessing Jules getting called back immediately to work has to be a glitch too. Don't they get three days off for family leave?

Ellu's spa is just gorgeous! I love it! <3 Honestly the only reason I put it on the volcano lot is because other lots that size were being used. But it looks very cool there. Poor Melody didn't have a very good experience there. At least that day anyway. I love the nails! They don't last long if you get them from a spa though. If you give them in CAS, they last forever.

Hmm, that's a good thought, they could be doing that. hehe It was just a fun day, mostly, for all of them. I'm glad Essa and Josh have couple friends so close by, cool that Melody is her cousin too, just makes it extra special. :) I've never seen that painting before, so I'm sure that's one of the Mod paintings, but it's very cool! Yeah, it is a bummer they can't bind them to Sims until they are teens. Would be cool if you could bind them to toddlers, yep!

Beautiful screenshots again in this update. Bummer the dolphin didn't like Jules. They're picky eh? Same thing happened to Josh. Oh good, glad Rowan warmed up to Robin. Congrats to Jules for completing the aspiration! \o/ Go Jules!

@Ellupelluellu
    hehe That's a great caption for the image! I can so see that from their expressions. ;) Malcom cracks me up and nope, he hasn't really grown up yet. Will he ever? Only the Watcher knows. ;) Glad you liked the update and it made you laugh. Thanks about their house too! I'm a bit biased, of course, but I love it too. :)

Aww, love that pic of Malcom adoring his ice cream. So cute! Uh oh, both Grandmas dining together? I smell disaster. o.O Oh yum! Hello NIk! *dreamy sigh* Love that Sim SO much! Oh cool, there's Sandra and Essa! Nice they're chatting together. Ahoy there Mona! Sakura looks so bored, poor thing. Oh yep, mystery solved over Josh bartending. He was just mixing drinks for fun. Doesn't surprise me. hehe Nice try Malcom, won't work though, unfortunately.

Tsk, Nancy, stop being a brat! Glad Malcom tried to put her in her place. Sheesh! Hello Jules! Nice to see you're there too, and there's the delicious Nik again. Man, Nancy just doesn't know when to shut up does she? Ooo, okay, what's this? Hello Joshie! Looks like he's getting some training from Essa. That was nice of her to do. Or, er, try to do. hehe Wow, they were both kind of rude to each other eh? Oh well, and Essa, you were the worst, telling him he sucks because YOU messed up? What the? He's right, Sandra doesn't think so.

Good Lord Nancy! Oh great, now Veera's leaving. Can't say as I blame her. At least she gave Melody a hug before she left. Whoa, Melody looks P.O'ed, big time! And now Nancy leaves, and doesn't hug Malcom. Wow, she's quite the piece of work. Good riddance! I hope dinner with the Grandpas goes better too Mona. Hmm, Jules looks upset about something. I wonder what Bella said.

O.O Oh my, Judith! Uh, you've grown my dear. But not everywhere. :D Now I want some ice cream! Great update, lots of drama and behind the scenes stuff. Love it! <3

Thanks! It was such a bright, beautiful sunny day. Perfect for screenshots and yes, very steamy. hehe Yes, Morgyn is very old-fashioned. We shall see what he has to say in today's update. ;)
    edited September 2021
    Mx8

August, day 28 , part 1.

ouWhpKk.png
    The one in the studios..

3BUrpRR.png
    Malcolm: "This has to be a joke.. Mom cut our power."
    vhV700e.png
    Melody: "She must of heard when I mentioned that I have to pay bills when got home. No wonder she left early."

Next morning, I let them to do what they wanted.
    fJ3c5Oc.png
    K9RFX7i.png

de3WSbl.png
    tDDpnmH.png
    wPsc3mN.png
    Molly had lots to tell to Melanie.
    SRBIWyf.png
    And pineapple is BAD BAD BAAAD!!!
    itxQcJz.png
    I think everyone can imagine the sound of this :joy: Had to take headphones off :smiley:
    6z1zORo.png
    Milly took the morning as chilling out..

Ot8ln7r.png
    QtG4t9r.png
    Work and school time!

4JrzML1.png
    Oh.. still Don.. and not looking so happy :D
    pkn9lRe.png
    Caleb? where is Hugo? or did Hugo got fired? Funny , as a vampire he has no reflection..
    2TuRTiE.png
    rPTDmjl.png
    Spooky if looking from the mirror :D
    RG3hFtt.png
    Sorry Caleb,, like with Hugo, I see no difference.
    pqBVIJQ.png
    Gladly Yuki is a PRO, as always!
    Fbmd1jd.png
    Don: "YOU again.."
    Melody: "yes, sir I was.."
    cJ6u97e.png
    Don: "STOP WASTING MY TIME!! get up there!"
    Melody: "UGH, I hate him!"

e58wYpM.png
    Qo2eTH1.png
    HL1vcpQ.png
    (blonde teen is actually son of Jenny and Jasper)
    FPvsU3O.png
    dADF82o.png
    Melody: "So, how did I do?"
    IOp1qmD.png
    Don: "As a daughter of Grimm himself, YOU SUCK!
    Tagging @AlwaysAsking

Sorry, short comments today. Super tired and busy keeping up with school work and some art commissions I have to do and still sneaking in some time to play my game too :)

@Karababy52
    I really wish that two sims could ride a canoe together too. Nice that you got them to travel side by side though. They caught some nice fish too! Nice aspiration work too! And I have to agree with Ellu, it seems like Morgyn might have something to ask Josh permission for :) We shall have to wait and see though, nice little cliffhanger :)

I thought they were supposed to get time off for family leave too, but apparently the game is gonna work Jules through her maternity leave haha. Whatever, it's helping me get her promoted faster :D It's not like sims really need time to recover from birth anyway haha and Emmett only does odd jobs so he can always watch the kids.

@Ellupelluellu
    Haha, I always love it when Nancy and Veera interact. Always a good time, and you come up with such good dialogue. Love all the vampires congregating outside of the restaurant too :D Uh, oh, grandma Nancy turned off the power again :D Looks like they got it all sorted out though. Gotta love what cats are afraid of in this game too, always makes me laugh. I didn't know that vampires didn't show up in mirrors! Those were some cool screenshots. Gotta love that acting career, and as always, your commentary makes me chuckle :)
    edited September 2021
    September - Day 21: "Confessions"

Po10UFx.png

Notes
    gdzTe6x.png
    "Because you what?"

0AK2oj6.png
    "Are in love with Essa?"
    "What!? Why would you think such a thing?"

o8y1a8C.png
    "I'm not stupid Morgyn, I've seen the way you look at her when you think no one's paying attention. I know that look, you adore her."

XSI9eor.png
    "What did you think would happen by coming here and telling me? That I would say, 'Oh, okay, sure Morgyn, here, you can have her, I'll step aside, no problem!' I can assure you that would never, ever happen. I will fight to the death when it comes to Essa. I love her, she loves me. End of story. I thought you were smarter than that."
    "No, no, no, you are mistaken, I am here about another important matter for discussion. Please, may we sit down like civilized gentlemen and proceed?"
    "Alright, if that's what you want, sure, have a seat."

I8p1eRL.png
    "I will confess that there was a time I was in love with Essa, you were right about that. I suppose a part of me always will be. But as often happens, things change. She sees me as her big brother, nothing more and I am more than satisfied that she does. It's enough, it makes me happy. Okay?"
    "Hmm, I guess. I admire your courage in telling me that. It takes a lot of guts to admit you love someone else's fiancé to their face without fear of retaliation."
    "I am a man of honor, I felt you deserved the truth. Even if it did mean I would suffer the consequences."

sj6JgJx.png
    "Which brings me to why I am here today. I told you how I am fond of Jessah, and made a promise to you that I would not hurt her and wait for her to become older before acting on those feelings. Remember?"
    "Yessss, not sure I'm liking where this seems to be going though. What are you trying to say Morgyn?"

LnK6Ela.png
    "I have to confess, I haven't exactly lived up to that promise."
    (Oh God, I knew he was going to say that.)

3smpiIh.png
    "What did you do Morgyn? Choose your next words very wisely. If you've hurt her I'll---"

BfX4h9Z.png
    "--NO! I would never hurt her, I care too much for her to ever do that, at least not knowingly. I kept that part of the promise, please believe me. I have too much respect for her and for you."
    (Oh no, that means that...please, don't say it Morgyn. I'm begging you.)

DdA91ti.png
    "I could not help myself, I knew it was wrong, but sometimes the moment just seems right and you can't just let it slip away. We'd been spending so much time together, getting closer every day, every hour, every minute. Everything about her is just so wonderful, she's so intelligent, beautiful, funny and sweet."

bxPRSs4.png
    "One day I was mentoring her in the art of flying brooms. We were on the bridge behind HQ, you know the one?"

Josh just nodded, he felt sick inside. He thought he knew what Morgyn was going to say and it made him so sad, his eyes began filling with tears over the guilt of leaving her alone and vulnerable to giving in to romantic school girl notions of love from an older man with such power.

"We took off together from the bridge and landed beneath a willow tree next to the stream in a somewhat private spot. She looked at me with those big beautiful green eyes, smiling at me and I, we, I..."

Ng8i6Co.png
    "I took her in my arms and I kissed her. I kissed her and she kissed me back. And it was...wonderful. She made me the happiest guy in the world. I'm so sorry Josh, please, I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. I let you down and I regret that. But I don't regret that kiss. Or...all the others since then."
    "That's it? You just kissed her?"

XaKZFeS.png
    "Isn't that enough? She's supposed to be under my charge. I was meant to protect her, keep her safe. But instead, I fell in love with her and she with me."
    "You love her? Seriously Morgyn?"
    "Yes, with all my heart and soul. I love her and, here's the main reason I came today. I'd like to have your permission to marry her."

NAw69kI.png
    "I...I don't know what to say Morgyn. I can't believe this. So you're telling me you kissed my daughter, you're in love with her and want my permission to marry her now, is that right? That's all?"
    "Yes, that is correct. It's not only the honorable and right thing to do, it's what I want more than anything else in the world, I love her. I can't say that enough. I love her and I want to spend the rest of my life with her."

gV6QXbn.png
    "hehe...eheheHEHE...BawahahaHAHAHA...AHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh man!"
    "Okay, what's so funny?"
    "I'm sorry, I'm just relieved is all. I thought you were going to tell me you'd had woo hoo with her under that tree or anywhere else for that matter and maybe even got her pregnant. All you've done is kiss her."
    "I would never, never do...that with her until after we're married. I may be a bit old-fashioned, but I don't believe in...that before marriage."
    "Well now, that's the best thing I've heard today!"
    "So...may I have your permission to marry Jessah?"

FyVv15P.png
    "Oh Morgyn, I can't think of anyone I'd rather have marry Jessah than you. Yes, of course, you have my permission! I'm sure Essa will be thrilled as well. She's a bit young though. Do you think you can wait a couple years?"
    "Well, she'll be 18 next week, is that too young?"
    "A bit eager are we eh?"
    "Well, I---"
    "No, don't answer that, it's okay. I don't need to know. Anyway, let's go upstairs and see what Essa thinks about all this, shall we?"

os3EL8o.png
    Essa, Josh and Morgyn spent some time together chatting in the seating area of their bedroom about Morgyn's wish to marry Jessah, when, where, etc., and even played a lazy game of Party Frenzy together. After awhile Morgyn said that he had to go. He needed to get back to HQ and prepare for classes that evening. They were sure he was also eager to get back to Jessah and tell her the good news.

Josh and Morgyn said their goodbyes and then he stepped over to Essa.

HyzQq3Y.png
    "I'm so happy for you and Jessah, Morgyn. Now you'll actually be a part of my family. I mean legally, of course. You've always been family to me anyway, Bro."
    "So you probably don't want me to call you Mom then, right?" Morgyn said with a laugh.
    "You better not! That would just be too weird, too strange."

QFggZEW.png
    "Speaking of strange, what's that? I've never seen it before."
    "What's what?"

dAXYVig.png
    "BOO!"
    "AHHH! Morgyn! What the heck!? How old are you, 12?"

vhrYJsi.png
    (Oh dear God, why do some guys just never grow up? And he's going to marry my daughter? Lovely!)

awWwrn7.png
    "Ahahahaha, you should've seen your face! Priceless."
    "Yeah, yeah, yeah, you got me. Good one. You're such a goof Morgyn. Better not try that with Jessah, she won't fall for it. I know, I've tried."
    "Oh, yes, I am aware. However, I have managed to scare her a time or two as well."
    (Uh huh, she probably faked it because she likes you.)

PefmbFb.png
    "I must be going now though. Thank you both! I shall see you next week when Jessah and Josee move back in here with you. I will accompany them."
    "Sounds good, see you later Morgyn, or should I say....Son!" Essa teased. *gigglesnort*
    "Uh, yes, that does seem rather strange indeed. Let's just stick to Bro." Morgyn smirked.

HfdP69I.png
    LZiW6AY.png
    (You can stop giving me those judgmental looks of disapproval now L. I told you I am an honorable man. Now I can kiss Jessah wherever and whenever I want!)
    *Updated my September 21st post above! I'll get started on comments in a bit. Hubby will be up for work in a moment and I need to help him get ready for the day. Hope everyone has a fanfreakintastic day/night! <3
    Update 262 - University Tour

7ocreky.png
    The next morning, the weather was terrible. And yes, that is Ruby sleeping on the porch, completely her choice :D
    K4uMEp0.jpg

Hopefully the weather would be nicer in Britechester. Jules was taking Ruby there later today so she could take her on a proper college tour, as it was nearly time for Ruby to graduate from high school.

Jules had to get a bit of work done first though. She could have cleared the skies with her mermaid powers, but its kind of fun to experience different weather conditions every now and then, and there's something beautiful about a rainy day too <3
    VL5tqq5.png

At last, they made it to Britechester, where the weather was indeed better. They started off with a tour of UBrite.
    IoV0geA.jpg

While Ruby wrote down some information, Jules played with the new toy I purchased for her haha.
    OHEYwON.png

"I like this campus a lot," Ruby told her as they continued to walk around.
    "Remember to keep your options open though. Just since your dad and I went to UBrite doesn't mean that it has to be the one you pick. Emmett loved Foxbury, as did your Aunt Dell and Aunt Sofia. When I was looking into school, Dell took me on a tour of both campuses too, and it really helped me decide."
    Mh0q4Ai.jpg

They wandered down by the water soon after.
    "This is where you first met Kristine," Jules told Ruby fondly, "when you were both just toddlers."
    "I think I remember that, just a little bit," Ruby replied, smiling as well.
    jNvN1ZD.jpg

Of course, being mermaids, they had to take a quick dip :)
    oLYHn2d.jpg

And then it was time to go to Foxbury Institute.
    i5KQBvj.jpg

Of course, there is so much more to do at Foxbury.
    AImb8U5.png

Jules won.
    9luh9c7.png

"Mom, you don't have to gloat about it..."
    SMbGjWs.png

And they dabbled a bit in robotics.
    3B257Uy.png

"Ouch!"
    WlS28Nl.png

"There's one more place I want to go before we head home," Jules told her, as they walked toward the home they had shared with Dell and Sofia so many years before...
    2L25sDU.jpg

"I remember this place," Ruby told her. "Not very well, but I do remember." She reached out to pull Jules into a hug. "Thanks for taking me here today."
    dYgQ13J.jpg

"Of course sweetheart. I can't believe how big your'e getting. It feels like just yesterday I was scooping tiny toddler you up into my arms on this very doorstep..."
    BIQK6o3.jpg

This warrants a trip down memory lane <3
    CdCKmO3.png
    cdx7PeT.png
    Ek03XRY.png
    96BsW08.png

They began their trek home after that. "Whatever school you choose, I know you'll love it," Jules assured her. "I'm so proud of the young woman you're becoming."
    m8Apd1T.png
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited September 2021
    @Karababy52 - Confessions
    Finally, Morgyn has professed his intentions for Jessah. That is one daughter matched up. lol Of course, Josh thinks everyone was in love with Essa at some point. The guy has a jealous streak....and...taking about matching...um,..Josh and Essa need to get married :)

@Ellupelluellu -
    Oh gosh! Don's bored expression with Melody coming to work for a film. And got a laugh out of her dying scene, and Don's comments! hehehe And Nancy cut off their power? Oh my gosh! Some potential mother-in-law she will be! No perks for the in-laws I guess..."

@permanentrose -
    Wow! Hard to believe that Ruby is going to be going to university. And I did love the flashback memories of when Jules had Ruby there...as a baby...ahhh.... Oh they are still mermaids...I guess we will have to wait and see if the new baby will be a mermaid or not :)
    @Karababy52 ,
    I want to think that he has grown a little, after the kids :) but basically I do not think he ever grows up :p
    And yes, I wrote Essa's and Josh's dialogs kinda rude-ish on purpose, as they are not couple in my game and no cheating in here :) PLUS, Essa was rude to him when he once asked that autograph :D
    --Aww, asking permission to marry <3 Josh now, do not think the worse right away! More trust on your daughters, you guys raised them well :)
    Hilarious that Morgyn did that scaring stuff , haha like Malcolm, he need to grow up a bit too :D

@permanentrose ,
    Haha , thanks :) Yes I made sure Nancy and Veera will NOT like eachothers :p I am still bitter to Nancy and always will be, I still see red when I think poor Milla and Mikael :)
    And yes, vampires, at least in 2 and 4 do not have reflection :) Why sometimes hilarious shots, especially if using a certain mod what I know nothing about, in a room where there is lots of mirrors, and only one of the sims are vampire :D:D
    -- Lovely trip to both universities :) And nice to see those memorylane pictures :) Haha, again a soccerball :p
    So when is ruby aging up?

@SoulGal7 , Haha, well Nancy is what she is :p Geoffrey is gladly more supportive :smiley:

@Ellupelluellu
    Tsk, Nancy cut off their power. How petty of her to do that. Especially to her own grandchildren. What if they lived where it's bitter cold? Ugh...

Mollie is so cute! So vocal and afraid of the fruit bowl. hehe Love the image of Mona playing violin with the pets singing along. hehe I imagine your ears didn't love it though. :D Malcom looks so handsome in that red suit headed to work.

Love your Caleb! He looks much better than the default to me and you know I love the premade. So funny how he's invisible, of course, so the make-up tools look like they're floating around her. hehe Wonder why her look never changes. Weird...

Gah! Don! Why does he always look like a bored, pretentious brat? Love the image of Melody dying, so goofy! hehe And the one of her looking up asking how she did is just so pretty! :) Oh and Don? YOU SUCK! hehe

Yes, Malcom has grown a little, but he'll always have that mischievous little boy inside eh? :) Oh yep, I understand completely! Need to make sure they keep faithful to their own partners. They will, I don't think you need to worry. Josh loves Sandra, Essa loves Nik! <3 Oh, well Josh trusts his daughters, it's guys that he doesn't trust which is a typical Dad thing. :D Yes, Morgyn I believe has the same trait, maybe? I found it hilarious that he did that and Josh rolled his eyes! HAHA!

@permanentrose
    Maybe if they do a refresh of IL it will include the ability for 2 Sims to use canoes. One can hope anyway. Very good guess with the permission thing! The two of you were right. ;) Ah, yeah, I guess it's not that big of a deal she had to work right away. Would've been a pain though if it was just her and the baby.

Ugh, monsoons! They're a bummer, but I guess necessary even in paradise. :) Very pretty screenshot of Jules canoeing in the rain. Jules and her soccer balls, hehe At least she stays fit eh? Of course they had to go for a dip there! They're mermaids, it's what they do. :) I personally like the modernism of the Foxbury campus, the commons is better anyway, but for aesthetics, Britechester is a gorgeous campus! Love the old buildings. Very nice trip down memory lane, loved it!

@SoulGal7
    Yes, one daughter soon to be married, next we'll see who Josee ends up with. ;) Josh isn't jealous, he's just observant, he's got eyes. He doesn't just think everyone is in love with Essa. Besides Morgyn admitted that he was. He was just letting Morgyn know the score, that Essa and he belong together and nobody is going to mess that up. :) He knows she loves him and only him. Look at all they've been through together and always manage to still keep going strong. They'll get married soon, don't worry. There's really no reason to hurry. :)
    edited September 2021
    @Ellupelluellu
    Haha, I think I will have to try that mirror idea, with a mod I obviously don't have either :D Ruby will be aging up by the end of the month. I think I'm gonna have her live at home so I can actually easily complete her uni degree from San Myshuno. I'll see how that goes next month though.

@Karababy52
    Are you girls YAs now? Just curious since I couldn't remember if you aged them up or not. Nice that you found someone to pair Jessah off with, and I'm glad Morgyn finally made his decision haha. It was sweet of him to ask Josh for permission. Will you have them actually get married or just pretend they are married for story purposes? I remember you guys saying something about the sages not being able to get married or have their relationships edited if you want them to stay sages, which is why I'm asking.

Thanks for your comments too. I'm still undecided about where Ruby will choose, but I'm leaning toward Foxbury since I already had the Ubrite experience with Jules. Not that I'll be playing it super actively, since Jules will be my main focus, but my plan is to have Ruby attend uni from home so I can actually get her a degree. I'll see how that goes next month.

@SoulGal7
    Thanks for the comments. Tomorrow you will see if Robin is a mermaid or not :)
    edited September 2021
    September - Day 22: "Scenic Tour and Aspirations"

krEFaiD.png

Notes
    xA1OR46.png
    I ended up taking a TON of scenic screenshots this last play session, and other stuff too, of course. But, I thought maybe I'd give a little peek behind the method to my madness when taking scenic screenshots. This is the screenshot I took first, then I zoomed in for the one I finally chose for the Daily Post Pic.

FCCQOHX.png
    Here's another angle I took in the same spot. These three are just the tip of the iceberg of screenshots I took here, but just showed the three I liked best.

boGfH3M.png
    As the Sun began to set, I scrolled over to an area in the lagoon and took this shot. Essa and Josh are just chillin' by those waterfalls at the moment. After I took this one, I wondered, what's behind that big rocky hill?

NvtPejE.png
    Turns out there was another smaller hill. I like this screenshot, but thought I could do better and tried a few different angles.

69sfZQh.png
    I really liked this one with the sun beams shooting out from behind the palm tree, but, you guessed it, I looked around for something else.

OY4JmZL.png
    Now we're getting somewhere! I love this one and stayed at this angle until the sun set completely.

vqZjQRm.png
    The longer I waited pausing and unpausing, the prettier it got as the sun fell lower in the sky, until...

A3J9NPb.png
    The final shot I took here. It's a bit bright, but I think it's gorgeous! I took a multitude of shots in-between all these, but decided to just show these.

RLcT93l.png
    Back in the lagoon after the sun had set behind the horizon, I tried a different angle and was rewarded with this shot. Bonus for the birds and that tall building in the background! That's it for this little mini-scenic tour. Essa and Josh went back to the rental after this screenshot.

uUyCUhz.png
    It's the next day now and Josh still had that one final milestone goal to complete the Musician aspiration, 'Mentor others for 3 hours.' I gave Essa Josh's guitar thinking that would do the job. Nope! Why? She's already Level 10 in guitar and violin. I should've known. All he could do was watch her.

v6xVSIQ.png
    There are two other instruments that Essa has never played before; the piano and the pipe organ. There's no room in the rental for either, however, the keyboard counts as a piano! Yay! She had zero skills when she started practicing and it shows on Josh's face as he mentors her.

rSnhmf9.png
    After a little while, she made it up to Level 6 and started to sound much better.

5OLt83z.png
    Annnd, time's up! 3 hours mentoring and Josh completed the Musician aspiration! Congrats Josh! He will do Painter Extraordinaire next. He's already level 10 in the skill, but has never done the aspiration.

TLknHga.png
    I thought it would be fun to have Essa write the 4 songs she needs on the violin while standing next to Josh painting on the deck/dock. Why? Well I'm sure it's obvious, so he could paint her using the 'paint by reference' option.

4l94YrB.png
    Josh painted several of Essa playing violin, but here's just one of the screenshots taken. I thought it was really pretty, even though she's smack dab in the middle of the frame.

R6gxIGl.png
    Here's the final product, a masterpiece worth over 8K! Obviously Josh was thrilled about that! To celebrate, they traveled to Mua Pel'am to visit the waterfall. I don't think the last screenshots for this update need any words, they speak for themselves of the love these two have for each other. <3

FScDzRx.png
    6P20EFz.png
    JX0zElT.png
    Vux4ZTJ.png
    15pFFdh.png
    Update 263 - The Littlest Mermaid

n853yRO.png?1
    So I know this is super fast to age up a baby, especially for me but I'm so over the baby stage at this point lol. I also wanted to properly enjoy her in Sulani before this month is over since Sulani is probably the best toddler world.

So here is Robin before I edited her. I think Emmett's genes will be strong in this child too :)
    MVXjjF8.png

And here she is, a mermaid indeed. She does have Jules' eye color, but other than that, she reminds me a lot of how Rowan looked as a toddler. UDJRRDP.png

"Come to Mommy. You can do it!"
    ZiOV848.png

"That's it!"
    itVbVEp.png

*Face plants* :D
    yWJyEuV.jpg

What a little darling she is though :)
    wlJNgkx.jpg

And really this update is just Robin being cute with everyone in the family <3
    Om3mCPi.jpg
    dVIBfZD.jpg

"Hihi goggy!"
    oGixPkC.png

"I wuv you."
    QRS5fap.png

"Meow."
    Fn9bpnV.png

Yep, Rowan definitely came around. He's gonna be a great big brother.
    0vkb3OW.png

And some sister snuggles.
    marRJW4.jpg

And let's just show off Robin's cute little mermaid tail too :)
    yoidqhB.png

Big splash!
    IL0BLQA.png
    *Updated my September 22nd post above! Hope y'all have a wonderful day/night! *Hugs* <3

@permanentrose
    Yay! Robin's a natural Mermaid! She is just adorable! Aww, such sweet screenshots of Robin interacting with everyone! Love the play option! Hugging Pickle is just precious as is the shots with Rowan and Ruby! And the icing on the cake is seeing her splash around in the water with her mermaid tail! Aren't modders just the best? Love that tail, it's so pretty! Great update! <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top