Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

French Tip Nails <3 (Please redownload after 30/11 update)

mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
edited January 2023 in CAS Custom Content
French tip and Longer French tip nails are now on Overwolf Curseforge <3

French tips
https://www.curseforge.com/sims4/create-a-sim/french-tip-nails

Longer French tips
https://www.curseforge.com/sims4/create-a-sim/longer-french-tip-nails

I don't know about you guys, but I absolutely love just plain old French tipped nails. It was the first thing I searched for when we got our nails, and was a bit disappointed when I could not find them. So late last night I made my own, all of my sim ladies will be wearing these <3

AF4gVfZ.png
aTj3W7c.png

I was very happy with how they looked and shared it on a sims group I belong too on Facebook. Lots of other simmers asked for them so I shared them to my mediafire for them. So I thought of sharing it with you guys too <3 Here you go https://www.mediafire.com/file/jcxgfvclc251gme/French_tips.package/file

Hope you guys like them too, happy simming :)

Edit my first post to add a default version of just the pink so it can work at the manicure chair ;)

I did it :) I managed to make a default replacing only the pink in the shorter nails and it will place the french tips on your sim's nails :D

https://www.mediafire.com/file/7bcrszrilbyfd76/default+french+tip.package/file

So when you go to get your manicure you select the pink from the shorter nails option that I highlighted in red ;)
FFon4L4.png

and wolla <3
k1VHPGF.png
Post edited by mcrudd on

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,704 Member
    They're beautiful! Thanks!
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member
    @mcrudd These are just lovely. I love French tips too. Thank you :smile:
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    They're beautiful! Thanks!

Its a huge pleasure, happy simming <3
    @mcrudd These are just lovely. I love French tips too. Thank you :smile:

aww thank you so much :) Happy simming <3
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Oh these are lovely. This is my favourite style for nails. Thank you so much for sharing.
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Oh these are lovely. This is my favourite style for nails. Thank you so much for sharing.

Its a huge pleasure, I actually made them for myself but when sharing a pic others asked where I got it, so I thought ... see a need, fill a need and is sharing it with all who like this style too :) I just wish ea will fix that the nail patterns goes onto some outfits, I had to change some of my sim's dresses because of that bug, but its not just my nails its theirs too, so hopefully it gets fixed :)
  • LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    Are they base game compatible? I'm not particularly into nails, but I've always had a soft spot for French tips. 😅 They've always seemed simply elegant to me.
    LynnPlayz1 wrote: »
    Are they base game compatible? I'm not particularly into nails, but I've always had a soft spot for French tips. 😅 They've always seemed simply elegant to me.

They should be, I used the nails that were given base game to make them, not the spa day ones ;)
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Thank you! French tips are such a staple nail design I can't believe they were forgotten.
    taydev wrote: »
    Thank you! French tips are such a staple nail design I can't believe they were forgotten.

Its a pleasure, yes they look nice and tidy for me, not just a plain solid colour :) Happy simming ;)
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    Wonderful! French tip are the nails I use most for CC nails, so this is awesome and even more awesome-sauce is that you're sharing them! TYSM that's so sweet!
    Wonderful! French tip are the nails I use most for CC nails, so this is awesome and even more awesome-sauce is that you're sharing them! TYSM that's so sweet!

Its a humongous pleasure <3 I love French tips too, they just look neat and elegant, so was super surprised when we did not have them as an option in our new nails. Sharing is caring :) We all need a little caring in today's world, we currently in lockdown so I am happy to make others happy too :)<3 Happy simming ;)
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    What are French Tip nails?
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
    edited September 2021
    What are French Tip nails?

Its a very natural type of look for your nails. Usually its a clear coat to enhance the pinkish from your flesh under your nail. Then it also has a nice white used to make the tips of your nails more brighter. So its basically a normal long nail made all pretty and shiny ;)

pFV1c2z.png
  • jbadger12jbadger12 Posts: 321 Member
    I hadn't gotten around to checking yet, but I do like the look of that style, and given their popularity, I'm also quite surprised that they weren't included in the update. Good work, @mcrudd!
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
    Gallery ID: jjbadgett12
    jbadger12 wrote: »
    I hadn't gotten around to checking yet, but I do like the look of that style, and given their popularity, I'm also quite surprised that they weren't included in the update. Good work, @mcrudd!

Thank you <3 I think Stacy holding her babies now looks much better too <3

s5XUhGq.png
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Thank you for making the French Tip nails. I felt the same disappointment about the missing of them, it was also my first look. I couldn't believe they weren't included. I hope the Maxis-devs had just forgot them, otherwise I would be very disappointed about that decision.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    I did feel little strange about not having natural nails with brighter edge cause well..that is what ones nails would naturally look like :sweat_smile:

and i also find it bit strange that now some sims have no nails at all compared to other sims that have nails and it looks kinda freaky tbh cause before you could just pin it on lack of detail :lol: I guess I'll have to go put nails on everyone
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited September 2021
    I love French tipped nails, too! Yours are beautiful! :)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,287 Member
    When I have my nails done, which is rare these days, the French or American is my go-to. Works for every occasion. Chic. It's just plain chic. I love the American over the French manicure, because instead of that odd beige base it has more of a pink tint to it which matches the real deal more. :) Love your work. I may just go ahead and download it, if it's available.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    They look beautiful. I don't use cc but if I did I'd love to use them. :)
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    Daravi wrote: »
    Thank you for making the French Tip nails. I felt the same disappointment about the missing of them, it was also my first look. I couldn't believe they weren't included. I hope the Maxis-devs had just forgot them, otherwise I would be very disappointed about that decision.
    I think they aren't that popular anymore. I'm not in the US, so I don't really know but I never see that type of manicure on people in their 20s or even early 30s. It's still pretty, though.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    I think they aren't that popular anymore. I'm not in the US, so I don't really know but I never see that type of manicure on people in their 20s or even early 30s. It's still pretty, though.

I think you're probably right. The younger girls seem to be obsessed with those really long, sharp, pointy talons now, no doubt influenced by the Kardashian/Jenners. I think they're really impractical and a little scary, but I'm old.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.

Its is a pleasure :)
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I did feel little strange about not having natural nails with brighter edge cause well..that is what ones nails would naturally look like :sweat_smile:

and i also find it bit strange that now some sims have no nails at all compared to other sims that have nails and it looks kinda freaky tbh cause before you could just pin it on lack of detail :lol: I guess I'll have to go put nails on everyone

I agree, I am shift clicking everyone taking them to cas and putting nails on them LOL
    SimDork23 wrote: »
    I love French tipped nails, too! Yours are beautiful! :)

Thank you very much <3
    When I have my nails done, which is rare these days, the French or American is my go-to. Works for every occasion. Chic. It's just plain chic. I love the American over the French manicure, because instead of that odd beige base it has more of a pink tint to it which matches the real deal more. :) Love your work. I may just go ahead and download it, if it's available.

I am a very down to earth mom and not glitzy as all, so when I go to weddings or so I just buy a clear coat and white nail pencil and that is me done for pretty nails LOL, I prefer the natural look more than the painted method ;)
    Kimmer wrote: »
    They look beautiful. I don't use cc but if I did I'd love to use them. :)

aww thank you <3

They seem to have changed it to colours, say for instance purple with a yellow tip, natural is not as popular anymore, which is a shame because it goes with everything any time of day ;)

I think you're probably right. The younger girls seem to be obsessed with those really long, sharp, pointy talons now, no doubt influenced by the Kardashian/Jenners. I think they're really impractical and a little scary, but I'm old.

Gosh I agree, how on earth do you even dress yourself with those talons, especially those sharp ones, or even weirder is those big square ones, but I guess that is why I am nearer to 50 than 40 hahahahaha

Gosh you guys have been super busy while I was fast asleep in my bed on my side of the world. I am so happy you all like the french tips <3 Happy simming to you all, I hope I did not miss anyone :)
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Oh these are beautiful! They look so pretty and natural, what a great job you did! It was very kind of you to share them with everyone. :smile:
    I don't use CC (console player) but if I did, I'd be using these!