Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Spooktacular Gift Exchange - CLOSED

ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
edited February 13 in Nominated Threads
This is an event usually hosted by @cmbaker16 but since she’s unavailable at this time, I have been given permission to host in her place.

This event is similar to the Sims 3 homemade gift exchanges in that each participant is assigned a Secret Buddy to make in-game gifts for.

These gifts are CC Free and follow the wishes found in the Buddy Letter.

Specific questions regarding Buddy gifts need to be sent to me via pm. General questions can be posted in this thread.

RULES:
1. Please don’t sign up if you can’t follow through
2. Make note of the dates listed in the 2nd post
3. Join by using the Buddy Letter found in the 3rd post
4. You can make as many gifts as you want
5. Each Buddy should gift & be gifted. If unable to gift the person you’re assigned, please let me know ASAP (via pm) so arrangements can be made
6. If your gift presentation has lots of pictures, feel free to make a gifting thread for your Buddy. Post a message in the main thread each time a gift is added!
7. Be polite and supportive of each other, leaving all drama llamas outside visiting the cows and chickens
8. Have FUN!!
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Sign-Ups: Sunday, September 5th – Saturday, September 18th

Sign-Ups close at 10pm EST on Saturday, September 18th

Buddy Names will then be sent via pm and everybody should have their information by Sunday, September 19th at 10pm

All check-ins need to be done via the thread.

Check-In ONE: Monday, September 20th
    This is to let me know that you’ve received your Buddy Name. If you didn’t get it, please let me know ASAP!

Check-In TWO: Monday, October 4th
    This is a general check-in to let me know how you’re doing.

If you foresee any issues or complications that might keep you from working on gifts, please send me a pm!

Remember generic questions can be asked in the thread but Buddy specific ones should be sent to me via pm!

Check-In THREE: Monday, October 18th
    By this time your gift should be done or needing a few last-minute touch-ups (discovered during testing). This is also a good time to sort your screenshots for presentation purposes.

GIFTING: Sunday, October 31st – Saturday, November 6th

Communication is key! Things happen. If you know you’ll miss one of the Check-In dates, please let me know in advance. Missing a Check-In as a “No Call, No Show” could result in your being dropped as a Buddy!
    Buddy Letter
    This is to provide your Buddy with a bit of information about your game-play style.

Username/Gallery Name:

I have the following packs:

I prefer to play in these Neighborhoods:

Some of my favorite colors are:

I dislike these colors:

I love using this particular item/object (mention any skill items you love to use or perhaps something you haven’t used before & would like to try):

I enjoy this style of build most:

I prefer playing on this lot size (please remember to mention if you want residential or commercial):

I do/don’t want Berry Sims:

I do/don’t want Supernatural Sims:

Would you like your Sims to have skill points? If so, which skills? (If there are skills you don’t want, please mention them):

Do you like playing with families? Or do you prefer to play with a single Sim or couple and grow the family yourself?

Other (please list anything that wasn’t covered above):
    edited September 2021
    Post edited by ADWilson on
    edited November 2021
    Gifts:

To: Bree

Gift

~*~*~*~*~

To Clousinators

Gift

~*~*~*~*~

To: leochick123

Gift
    Not on Gallery, message explains how to add to game

~*~*~*~*~

To: Prissy

Gift

~*~*~*~*~

To: seaben

Gift 1
    Gift 2

~*~*~*~*~

To: Spoonie

Gift
    Post edited by ADWilson on
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    I'll be lurking, I still don't play 4 as much as 3. ;)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    Buddy Letter
    This is to provide your Buddy with a bit of information about your game-play style.

Username/Gallery Name: BreeMiles

I have the following packs: All

I prefer to play in these Neighborhoods: All but Forgotten Hollow

Some of my favorite colors are: All

I dislike these colors: NONE

I love using this particular item/object (mention any skill items you love to use or perhaps something you haven’t used before & would like to try): All

I enjoy this style of build most: Any

I prefer playing on this lot size (please remember to mention if you want residential or commercial): Any lot size, I would like a commercial lot.

I do/don’t want Berry Sims: Don't mind if its a Berry or not

I do/don’t want Supernatural Sims: NO Vampire

Would you like your Sims to have skill points? If so, which skills? (If there are skills you don’t want, please mention them): No I like leveling them up myself

Do you like playing with families? Or do you prefer to play with a single Sim or couple and grow the family yourself? Single sim or a couple

Other (please list anything that wasn’t covered above): If my buddy would like could they make me a Retail business of some type their choice.
    Hooray! Thanks for joining @BreeMiles :)
  • seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    Buddy Letter

Username/Gallery Name: seaben06

I have the following packs: none i play with base game

I prefer to play in these Neighborhoods: willow creak

Some of my favorite colors are: i really like brown and teal i used to not like orange but i'm really liking it lately as an accent color

I dislike these colors: yellow

I love using this particular item/object (mention any skill items you love to use or perhaps something you haven’t used before & would like to try): for skill items the wood working bench and the easel are essential but try to fit as many skill items as you can

I enjoy this style of build most: my favorite style is modern but i build so many modern builds in the sims 4 and i also really like Victorian but am bad at building them in sims 4 so if you are experienced in building Victorians in sims 4 i would prefer that as i'm not good at building them myself but a modern build would be ok to

I prefer playing on this lot size (please remember to mention if you want residential or commercial): i don't really care about the lot size i would like a residential lot please

I do/don’t want Berry Sims: i don't want berry sims

I do/don’t want Supernatural Sims: i don't want supernatural sims

Would you like your Sims to have skill points? If so, which skills? (If there are skills you don’t want, please mention them): i don't my sims skilled since i like to skill them myself

Do you like playing with families? Or do you prefer to play with a single Sim or couple and grow the family yourself? i like starting with single sim or couple

Other (please list anything that wasn’t covered above): i hope my buddy has a lot of fun with this happy building <3
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    also addy i would like to ask if tool mod is ok to use? since you don't need the mod to download the lot everything stays intact and it doesn't mark your build as cc.
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
    Hooray! Thanks for joining @seaben :)

I don't use tool but from my limited knowledge, it should be fine because it isn't considered cc. As with moo ... as long as the build is thoroughly tested so there aren't routing/placement/other issues then feel free to use. I would suggest mentioning if either were used so your Buddy is aware.
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    WOOT WOOT!!!! raises hands

Buddy Letter

Username/Gallery Name: MsPrissySim -- Just call me Prissy

I have the following packs: every one

I prefer to play in these Neighborhoods: Since I mostly play game challenges (i.e. Rags to Riches, The Drifter Challenge), I mostly play in Willow Creek & Oasis Springs

Some of my favorite colors are: BLUE. I also like - in a pastel --> Orange, Lavender and sometimes pink

I dislike these colors: Yellow & Brown

I love using this particular item/object (mention any skill items you love to use or perhaps something you haven’t used before & would like to try): I mostly use cc when I furnish stuff. If I had to choose, it would be the Country Kitchen kit stuff

I enjoy this style of build most: Craftsman, Cottage, Victorian... think traditional, but with these styles

I prefer playing on this lot size (please remember to mention if you want residential or commercial): Again... BECAUSE I play game challenges, I have to play on VARIOUS size lots. I hate the 64 by 64. Those are too big. I would stay with the small lots (20 by 15) and go NO bigger than the 40 by 30)

I do/don’t want Berry Sims: NO

I do/don’t want Supernatural Sims: NO

Would you like your Sims to have skill points? If so, which skills? (If there are skills you don’t want, please mention them): NO SKILL POINTS ... actually, I would prefer NOT to get any sim at all. (sorry) I usually just play with what I already have in my library.

Do you like playing with families? Or do you prefer to play with a single Sim or couple and grow the family yourself? SINGLE -- but again... would prefer NOT to get any sims

Other (please list anything that wasn’t covered above):

My request/wish list is pretty narrow. Sorry. I prefer to create my own sims, while using OTHER PEOPLE'S builds. (if i don't build something myself) IF you get me as your Buddy... JUST HAVE FUN. LOOK at floor plans online, and then see if you can re-create what you found. OR... think of something that's unique from your own head/heart. As long as it's playable (no routing issues), my sim will love it.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube

I made it !! Number 3 on the list ;):D
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »

Hooray! Thanks for joining Prissy :)
    ADWilson wrote: »
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »

Hooray! Thanks for joining Prissy :)

Thanks Addy!!! B)
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    September 18th is the deadline to participate
    Please add your Buddy Letter before it's too late!

Would love to see more Buddies join in the fun
    These are fun and welcoming to everyone!
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Username/Gallery Name: Simming_Spoonie

I have the following packs: ALl of 'em ;)

I prefer to play in these Neighborhoods: Any.

Some of my favorite colors are: Pink, purple, orange and pastel colours

I dislike these colors: Anything over bright.

I love using this particular item/object (mention any skill items you love to use or perhaps something you haven’t used before & would like to try): I'd love a build that incorporates a telescope.

I enjoy this style of build most: COntainers, or mid century modern

I prefer playing on this lot size (please remember to mention if you want residential or commercial):
    Any and all, and I don't mind if it is residential or commercial

I do/don’t want Berry Sims: Don't.

I do/don’t want Supernatural Sims: Don't mind ;)

Would you like your Sims to have skill points? If so, which skills? (If there are skills you don’t want, please mention them):Up to my buddy :)

Do you like playing with families? Or do you prefer to play with a single Sim or couple and grow the family yourself? Don't have a preference

Other (please list anything that wasn’t covered above): Nope all good!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    Hooray! Thanks for joining @Simming_Spoonie :)
    If anybody is interested in joining but hasn't turned in their Buddy Letter ... please leave a comment so we know to expect it, thanks!
  • leochick123leochick123 Posts: 78 Member
    edited September 2021
    Username/Gallery Name: PBHiccup

I have the following packs: All except Romantic Garden SP, Cool Kitchen SP, Luxury Party SP, Bust the Dust Kit, and Throwback Fit Kit

I prefer to play in these Neighborhoods:Willow Creek, Sulani, Windenburg, Henford on Bagley, and Brindleton Bay

Some of my favorite colors are: Black, Pastels (like pastel blue, purple, and pink)

I dislike these colors: Bright/Neon, Orange, Yellow, Browns and Tans are alright but can be boring if too many.

I love using this particular item/object (mention any skill items you love to use or perhaps something you haven’t used before & would like to try):I love the creative skills, and I HAVE to have a computer xD

I enjoy this style of build most: Gothic Victorian or Modern

I prefer playing on this lot size (please remember to mention if you want residential or commercial):Big but not HUGE, something like 30x40, and preferably residential :)

I do/don’t want Berry Sims: No please

I do/don’t want Supernatural Sims: Sure, I don't play them often :)

Would you like your Sims to have skill points? If so, which skills? (If there are skills you don’t want, please mention them): Sure if you want to, whatever seems fitting for the personality. Usually I like creative skills, but honestly either way :)

Do you like playing with families? Or do you prefer to play with a single Sim or couple and grow the family yourself? I tend to prefer growing a family from a single or couple.

Other (please list anything that wasn’t covered above): Honestly, just get creative! I'm super excited to see what things I may be missing out on or to see someone else's creativity :D
    SLpPUp.png
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    Hooray! Thanks for joining @leochick123 :)
    Hiiiiii Bree!!! *waves*
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    Do the builds we make for our buddy have to be spooky themed since its a "spooktacular" giveaway?
    Do the builds we make for our buddy have to be spooky themed since its a "spooktacular" giveaway?

Good question @Clousinators !
    No, they don't need to be spooky-themed unless your Buddy wants it that way.
    This name was used because 1) it's what the original host came up with and 2) is based on the gifting dates.
    Hope this clears up things :)
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    Buddy Letter

Username/Gallery Name: Clousinators

I have the following packs: Island Living, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together. Dream Home Decorator, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out. Tiny Living, Moschino, Laundry Day, Fitness, Backyard. Free Holiday Pack. Country Kitchen Kit.

I prefer to play in these Neighborhoods: Any of the following: Willow Creek, Brindleton Bay, Windenburg, Sulani, or San Myshuno

Some of my favorite colors are: Light Blue/Teal. maybe some white or lighter colors are nice too

I dislike these colors: orange.

I love using this particular item/object (mention any skill items you love to use or perhaps something you haven’t used before & would like to try): A bubble blower would be nice, and a variety of other items, builder's choice

I enjoy this style of build most: I usually do traditional builds but I like modern as well (I'm just not as good at building them). Tudor style homes are nice as well.

I prefer playing on this lot size (please remember to mention if you want residential or commercial): any size 40x30 or smaller. Feel free to do any lot style (residential or other)

I do/don’t want Berry Sims: No thanks

I do/don’t want Supernatural Sims: Mermaids are fine, thats all the supernatural sims I have

Would you like your Sims to have skill points? If so, which skills? (If there are skills you don’t want, please mention them): No, I like building the skills up.

Do you like playing with families? Or do you prefer to play with a single Sim or couple and grow the family yourself? I usually do a single sim but you can do whatever size family you want :smile:

Other (please list anything that wasn’t covered above): Thats all :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top