Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you?

Comments

• DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited September 2021
    SimSoon wrote: »
    Foodie sims autonomously drinking water then getting an uncomfortable moodlet from the mediocre drink. It's... just water, guys, and if you hate it so much just don't drink it...

Oh yes, this one irritates me so much too! Why are you hurting yourselves, foodies...

And speaking of food...

Stop sniffing your food after each bite, sims!

And the drag and drop is too d... sensitive! :s
    How many times did I just want to move the camera, and ended up dragging my BBQ by accident, and dropping it in a visitor's inventory...
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    In CAS, female sims move in such a way that their right arm looks like it’s not attached to their body.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    In the Eco Lifestyle world, other Sims just walk right into your house and read your books, get on your PC, chat in your bathroom, etc.

Always have to lock the doors, or have a vampire ready to bite them upon entering. (And don't tell me I didn't ask for permission to drink- they trespassed!)
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    JustMeAlb wrote: »
    Vampires wanting to go outside into the sunlight to perform the actions you gave them, and ...
    No indicator when "Fly here as bat" fails

Yesterday had a vampire get caught outside as the sun came up, clicked "Fly here as bat" in his home then panic clicked it several more times when I saw him just standing there burning, then finally managed to get him inside with "Move here". So then I have him Dark Meditate to help recover and he heads for the door outside. NOOOOO!!!!!

Lol!!!
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    RySBI wrote: »
    For me it’s not being able to own a coffee machine or tea maker because Sims are SO overly obsessed with constantly using it and cancelling out every other action.

One other thing is when you prepare a meal, but instead of using the dining table, Sims sometimes wander off and go sit somewhere random like on a bed upstairs to eat.
    I think that might be because Sims have a hidden thirst need, they can become obsessed with bartending too.
    Set the table and they will sit at it.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    The in game wall (UI) annoys me to no end. The odd info is fine, but:

The UI wall fills up quickly (thanks to the "C" notifications?). I often need to clear the full wall which involves way too many clicks.

Hi, forgive me if I'm misunderstanding you, but if you click the little garbage can icon, it will clear your entire wall with one click.

Nope, not in my game. I need too click the garbage icon, then click yes to confirm and then click X to get rid of the empty wall. = 3 clicks. :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    edited September 2021

The UI wall fills up quickly (thanks to the "C" notifications?). I often need to clear the full wall which involves way too many clicks.

Hi, forgive me if I'm misunderstanding you, but if you click the little garbage can icon, it will clear your entire wall with one click.

Nope, not in my game. I need too click the garbage icon, then click yes to confirm and then click X to get rid of the empty wall. = 3 clicks. :)

I think there's no need to empty the notifications. You can just ignore the orange warning and then it will automatically start to delete the oldest notifications as new ones come in. I never empty my notifications anymore since someone pointed this out for me.
  • LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    There's no option to sort by CC in build mode. 😣
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    In most careers as the sim gets higher up in level it takes increasing amount of time to get the next promotion, AND your time at work gets reduced.

This must have been complained about a dozen times already, but it drives me up the wall when my sim gets called away by another sim. It's annoying when my sim arrives where I need them only to see them zip off somewhere else because they got called over, double annoying when in Jungle Adventure when the camera gets confused where my sim is because they answered a call over immediately after traveling through a gate making them travel back through.
    The cake is a lie
  • cecesims41cecesims41 Posts: 22 Member
    Sims from other worlds showing up in community lots before neighborhood townies do... and celebrities showing up in general!
  • SadiesueSadiesue Posts: 128 Member
    @cecesims41 if you don’t want celebrities in your save all you need to do is delete them. There are some saves that I don’t want them in my game. Just make sure you don’t visit any of the venues in Del Sol Valley. As long as you do this, no more celebrities will spawn. It works for me every time. I play blissfully celebrity free.
  • spongegirl38spongegirl38 Posts: 22 Member
    My sim Selina has started trolling forums, annoying because she is supposed to be a good example to her daughter. But then every time she trolls, I make her give a thousand Simoleons to charity.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    My sim Selina has started trolling forums, annoying because she is supposed to be a good example to her daughter. But then every time she trolls, I make her give a thousand Simoleons to charity.

hehe - i also dish out small punishments for things like this as well - right, for doing that - you are the sim that has to clean the mucky toilet :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    My game is in max speed mode for my sim sleeping or at work and the mail delivery person shows up and causes the game to drop down into normal speed, and it takes me several minutes to realize why the work performance bar has suddenly stopped moving.

The mail delivery sim shows up dressed in something that has me unsure if they are there to deliver my mail or steal it.

The mailbox being initially placed where the mail delivery sim runs through my lot seemingly trampling my garden etc. both coming and going.
    The cake is a lie
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Sims getting whims to or autonomously flirting with their in-laws so often.

Like, okay, it's fine as a rare occurrence, I get the appeal of the drama, but because there's no real specific designation for that relationship the game just treat them like any other "friend", so almost inevitably a sim with any kind of good relationship with each other can get the idea to flirt with each other, and that should just be way more rare when that sim is your daughter in law.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    The fact there isn't a true 'no autonomy' setting. They still do things autonomously, lots of things. Sims should do absolutely nothing unless I tell them to do it when 'no autonomy' is selected. The name of this setting is a misrepresentation of it's true nature. It should be renamed 'semi-autonomy' or the setting recoded to do exactly what it proclaims to do. Just my opinion. I know I'm in the minority. :)

Happy Simming! <3
  • BlackkatnessBlackkatness Posts: 63 Member
    When I want them to eat together and the one Sim finishes before the other sits down. So, they lose out on time to socialize. I also don't like when they go outside to eat or some far off weird place, when they have a perfectly nice dining room or kitchen table they could all eat at.

Their obsessiveness over playing with the dollhouse, drinking water, making coffee or making tea. I guess they really want to pee a lot.
  • LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    LynnPlayz1 wrote: »
    There's no option to sort by CC in build mode. 😣

Apparently there is and I rolled a Nat 1 on my perception check. Or I'm just stupid. XD
  • PeppersPeppers Posts: 86 Member
    I find it annoying that when I am looking for certain social interactions for my sim that are friendly, I often have to click through 5-6 pages of possible interactions before finding the one I want. I wish interactions were filtered by more than just friendly, romantic and mean.
    Another thing related to this issue are the retail interactions. Why, when I click on a customer, is the retail option not on the first page most of the times? Often you have to click friendly>retail then choose the interaction. Its just too much clicking.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    If you have DU, send a sim to a library and they suddenly dash to a picnic table a long way away and pull out a laptop which they never even had.
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    The new animation sims do when they hear a song they like. Like I couldn't already tell they liked it due to the sim dancing around for 5 hours. It's annoying and just another pointless animation like when they notice the decorated environment and do the ah-ha! thing or the air conditioning every few minutes.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    The emotional walk styles, I hate them.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    haisin wrote: »

I think there's no need to empty the notifications. You can just ignore the orange warning and then it will automatically start to delete the oldest notifications as new ones come in. I never empty my notifications anymore since someone pointed this out for me.

Aw, thanks a bunch! I always saw the flaming orange warning as "your wall is full, you won't hear from us again". So, I always emptied the wall. I'll just leave it then, I already feel so much better!

Re eating: I too wish they would prefer sit at the dining table. Often I see my sim walk two floors up to sit on someone's bed, I guess because another sim in is that room and being social gets stronger than getting food. Meals should have a stricter routine...

Serving a meal still makes a sim leave the group plate on a coffee table rather than a dining table/counter. Quite annoying, especially if I don't notice.

The "Someone in this world is doing an activity while in a bad mood. should that someone dislike doing that activity?" popups are driving me nuts! I know there i a mod, which I'll explore shortly, but I can't believe EA thought it was a great idea that I shall bother with all other sims than those I actively play. I don't even want those popups for my active sims, If I think they like something I'll add it to their list. Also, disliking something just because you were in a bad mood because of something else, seems quite unlogical, and must be one of the lamest shortcuts I ever saw in sim behavior programming. "Hey, someone insulted me and I'm angry, so now that I had to cook myself dinner while angry, I will hate cooking for the rest of my life". Just where is the logic?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Peppers wrote: »
    I find it annoying that when I am looking for certain social interactions for my sim that are friendly, I often have to click through 5-6 pages of possible interactions before finding the one I want. I wish interactions were filtered by more than just friendly, romantic and mean.
    Another thing related to this issue are the retail interactions. Why, when I click on a customer, is the retail option not on the first page most of the times? Often you have to click friendly>retail then choose the interaction. Its just too much clicking.

OMG YES! This is the game of clicking a million darn things to make one simple interaction happen!