Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

High Maintenance Trait

I'm actually really liking the new trait so far. Anybody else? It's a little annoying but I like it. :)
sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg

Comments

• kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    I haven't tried it out yet, but I've seen it makes the game a little more challenging? If so that is always a bonus for me :)
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I haven't tried it yet, but I have a hot-headed, jealous sim that I am seriously considering adding this trait to her. 😁
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited September 2021
    My sim got the rumphurt moodlet! 🤣
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I LOVE it. We need more traits like this
    (That are a bit extreme and actually does something) makes the sim actually feel individual.
    Got a chance to play with my high matenience sim all day today. She was always a struggling single mom with 4 kids (two are teens though).
    So I gave her this trait because that's how I imagined her personality anyway. Her life has been from one disaster to another, from being caught cheating by the bf (which happened randomly on time lol) to nothing going right the entire day. Though she did get a chance to relax at the spa 🙂

Some might consider it annoying or too much but I love the challenge it added and the personality.
    I didn't even try to keep her happy because 24/7 happy sims are not my goal. So I just rolled with it.
    We have plenty of calm traits for regular sims. I hope they don't change anything about this trait.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member
    I played the trait on a test sim after the last update when I was testing out my mods, and I quite enjoyed it. I think it's a nice addition and I hope they don't change it. I'd love more traits like this.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I've been playing a Sim with the trait for several in-game weeks and I really enjoy it. Ellen is an actress and celebrity, so I just thought it would fit her well. As long as you pay attention to the Sim, you can always counteract the bad moodlets with a relaxing activity and they can go about their day again. With one exception: Ellen had progressed in her career far enough to select a gig where she had to research the 'Angry' emotion. So I selected her and clicked on research emotion. She got the 'Angry' moodlet which was fine. I usually use a big stuffed animal to then perform the interactions associated with the angry emotion, I've done this with many other Sims before without issue. In this case - and I'm pretty sure because of the High Maintenance trait - after a few angry interactions I got the notification that she was dying of Cardiac Explosion. I would have let her die, but I wanted her to have a child with her husband so I exited without saving. And I'm glad I did because that kid turned out to be one of the cutest toddlers ever born in my game. But I think down the line I will have Ellen do it again and continue the game whether she dies or not.
    Anyway, that's what I've experienced so far and I'm interested to try the trait on other Sims and under different circumstances. It is a great addition!
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...