Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Do It All Challenge

Comments

• TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited October 2021
    Do It All Challenge: Generation 1: Update 9

2021-09-10_19-41-54.jpg?raw=1
    Family Photo
    Post edited by TeeSea on
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @TeeSea:
    I teared up as Haley and Gillis got married. It's silly, because I knew they were going to do that. :) Your picture gave it away (even though it was glitched), but I loved jbadger's responses to what it was. :D.

I've never done University housing, although I think it probably adds a whole level of experience of that pack. I've always gone to classes from home, although once I had my Sims buy a home in that area (the little house that's empty in the middle area) because I thought I had to. Later I found it was simply easier to stay in their original homes, and that's what I did. No worries about being late for classes that way. But I think I lost half of the experience of that pack by doing that.

I love the names of your on-campus housing dorms. How very Sulani! ;) Are you using the 2-week mod right now, or the 1 week mod? Or any at all? And are the two of them going to stay in the same room since they are married? Or separate rooms because they're in a dorm?

I love the particular dorm you selected. Is that one you got from the gallery? Or one you built yourself? If it's gallery, do you mind giving us the original name and creator of the build, so we could download it as well? It looks beautiful!

I'm really loving your story. Gillis and Hayley are so very likeable.
  • jbadger12jbadger12 Posts: 321 Member
    @TeeSea There are some neat views in some of the worlds. I really like that sunset shot.
    Hayley and Gillis really seem to have gotten into the school spirit.
    That penthouse is bigger than their regular house, isn't it?

@MiaSkywalker Like you, I've never had my sims live in university housing. In the real world, you also miss a lot of the university experience by not living in the dorms. My first few years of college, I was on campus, but then I transferred schools, and when I finished up my degree, I was living at parents' house; it made it harder to get into the spirit of things.
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
    Gallery ID: jjbadgett12

@jbadger12
    They have been technically engaged for awhile since they promised to be with only each other as teens. Plus this is the Sims...everything is faster in the sims.
    I really like the sunset shot at the restaurant as well.
    The University Dorm is bigger than their home but they also have 10 other roommates as well.

@MiaSkywalker
    The on campus houses are the same names that came with University. The Foxbury's Mascot is a Lobster hence the names.
    They have their own shared room I made especially for a married couple.
    I made the dorms myself. I will upload load them when I get in my game. I'll hashtag them with #TCDorm. You might have to check the include cc toggle to see it. It doesn't have CC but sometimes the game/galley seems to think it does.

@all
    I am off to play! Have a good one!
    @MiaSkywalker
    I uploaded the dorms. After I did so it dawned on me that you don’t have Eco Living. I will edit them and take out the Eco Living items are there any other packs you don’t have so I can make sure that they are not used either?.
    Also if you prefer you can download it as is and refurnish and redecorate it and even re-upload it. All of my builds and Sims are free to change and re—upload. I would actually love to see someone else’s vision for my builds.
  • carlimactcarlimact Posts: 766 Member
    edited September 2021
    @TeeSea
    I had intended to place it in the hallway but June thought the bathroom was a better idea. :D

@mcrudd
    -glows with CAS skills-
    To be fair, June was pretty juiced at this point
    I was not expecting Cameron to die like at all. I mean I wasn't paying much attention to him since June is my main priority but 🐸🐸🐸🐸
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @TeeSea:
    Oh, that's right! I had forgotten that Foxbury's mascot is a lobster. I almost never have my Sims go on campus except to graduate, so I never see it anymore. I don't even bother buying books on campus; you can buy those via the bookshelf (at least I can - don't know if that's a mod or not), and I've recently found that there's a study option via computer (again, that might be a mod, I have no idea), so I no longer bother even buying the books at all. There's really no *reason* for my Sims to go on campus, so I don't, hence I've forgotten some of the DU things.

You don't need to remove the Eco Living items. The game itself will do that once I place it in my game. I never worry about items being removed; generally, any items that are absolutely necessary for usability get replaced by something equivalent, and things that aren't necessary just disappear. Since there's nothing in EL or DHD that I will ever want to have in my game (except those adorable toddler tents - so I will probably eventually buy DHD, but it has to be at least 50% off, since that's the ONLY item from that pack that I want), I just ignore it and don't care if people are using items from those packs in a build. I'll use the build anyway; it should still be usable.

Speaking of Eco Living, I've said before that I won't get EL even if they offer it for free. Ironically, they're temporarily offering it for free starting the 16th, and I'm very annoyed. I don't know if there's going to be any way to disable it once it's active, because I DO NOT WANT that pack active in my game. Not. Ever. There is NOTHING from that pack that I want, and plenty of things that I never want to see in my game at all. If they're going to force me to use that pack for a certain period of time, I'm likely to just not play at all during that time period.

I can turn on the CC option when looking through your gallery. Yeah, I know that certain mods will cause items that have overrides to be listed as CC. I always have to turn on the CC option when looking through my library, because my own builds and rooms show up as being modded, even when they're not. (Although they usually are, because of coolspear's teleporters.)

@carlimact:
    The emotional deaths in the game are one of the most ridiculous things that they implemented in this Sims iteration. Only a 12 year old believes that someone can actually "die of embarrassment" or "die of laughter". Any adult with a lick of sense knows that this is completely absurd. The first thing I did when I got the game was to hunt down a mod that eliminates that. It's a "feature" that so few people want, that any time one modder who has made such a mod disappears, someone else quickly creates an updated version. I think I've seen at least two or three modding sites with current versions of such a mod, including MTS. I would recommend getting one of those, if that feature irritates you as much as it does me. I think LittleMsSam might even have a version; if she does, it's probably hers that I'm using atm.

@all:
    My uber computer finally arrived; I only ordered it back in March. No, I'm not mad at the company for the delay; it was beyond their control, and I'm aware of that. I have no idea how I'm even going to get the thing upstairs - it's ginormous! The hard drive casing is twice the size of the one I had previously built myself, and that one was pretty huge to begin with. I really have no idea where I'm going to put this thing.

It will be lovely when I have it up and running, though. It's the ultimate gaming rig, and should make everything run super speed! :D.
    @MiaSkywalker
    I don't really plan for June to date J seriously, or even date him at all due to his commitments issue trait.
    I too find him...unattractive. :D
    Travis tends to be my go to man but we'll see. June will wait to go man hunting after she graduates. :)
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    @TeeSea Oh my goodness that looks quite painful (funny glitch screenie)
    Commenting on update 8. Aaaah they are truly getting good at Yoga. Mmmm grilled cheese, also love that aspiration :) Does the plentiful needs potion still work now that they are mermaids, or did I miss something somewhere? Aww Haley and Jewel look so cute in the water. Love the postbox, so cute :) Oh my gosh does it change with the seasons? Yay beautiful wedding <3 So romantic <3
    Commenting on update 9. Ooooh love love the waterfall pic <3 Hahaha oh my goodness they sure are on Honeymoon :D Congratualtions on the University acceptances :)

ps Sorry for the delay in replying on your thread, you would know from a few of mine that I had issues to sort with the fertility elixirs not working. I don't like having things in my gallery that is faulty ;)

@carlimact
    I always place it in the world by dragging out my sims pocket and them have them work on it. If I don't do it that way they end up blocking a pathway or doing it in the bathroom or in the snow.

@mcrudd
    Plentiful needs potions works on any sim Teen & Up. It's best if they are of excellent quality so you are less likely to get a curse or bad side effect.
    That mailbox came with seasons and you can change it to fit the current season in your game.
    Hayley and Gillis waited till they were married to get physically involved so they may have celebrate a little more that most. ;)
    No worries about your "delay" in replying. Sometimes I find it easier to let a day or two pass before responding so I can group it all into one post.
    TeeSea wrote: »

@mcrudd
    Plentiful needs potions works on any sim Teen & Up. It's best if they are of excellent quality so you are less likely to get a curse or bad side effect.
    That mailbox came with seasons and you can change it to fit the current season in your game.
    Hayley and Gillis waited till they were married to get physically involved so they may have celebrate a little more that most. ;)
    No worries about your "delay" in replying. Sometimes I find it easier to let a day or two pass before responding so I can group it all into one post.

Very very interesting, I have a room with plentiful needs and forced friendship potions somewhere in my library o:)

edited October 2021
    Do It All Challenge: Generation 1: Update 10

2021-09-13_18-06-15.jpg?raw=1
    Family Photo
    Post edited by TeeSea on
    Hahaha still in their Honeymoon phase at the Uni :D Love how Haley pranked the other Uni lol. Hahaha I think they were the noisy roommates ;) I always have death flowers in my sim’s inventory, its one of those must haves :) Oh my gosh that is not remodelling its changing it to a mansion, looks very good, I am glad they are home, they will do much better now with peace and quiet <3 Great update as always @TeeSea :)
    edited October 2021
    Do It All Challenge: Generation 1: Update 11

2021-09-15_17-29-57.jpg?raw=1
    Family Photo
    Post edited by TeeSea on
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Hahaha still in their Honeymoon phase at the Uni :D Love how Haley pranked the other Uni lol. Hahaha I think they were the noisy roommates ;) I always have death flowers in my sim’s inventory, its one of those must haves :) Oh my gosh that is not remodelling its changing it to a mansion, looks very good, I am glad they are home, they will do much better now with peace and quiet <3 Great update as always @TeeSea :)

I swear my Sims were not the loud ones...really
    @TeeSea Yoga and plenty of swimming seem to be getting Hayley and Gillis into good shape.
    I like the bay window features on their updated house. The color scheme in the kitchen is great, too.
    Are those buckets of champagne on their nightstands from successfully completed dates?
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
    jbadger12 wrote: »
    @TeeSea Yoga and plenty of swimming seem to be getting Hayley and Gillis into good shape.
    I like the bay window features on their updated house. The color scheme in the kitchen is great, too.
    Are those buckets of champagne on their nightstands from successfully completed dates?

I need to go in and tone down Hayley. I never meant for her to get so bulky with muscles. It just doesn't suit her. Well toned seems more like Hayley.
    I love the look of the new house as well.
    Yes. So far Hayley and Gillis have had 2 dates both ending in gold.
    edited October 2021
    Do It All Challenge: Generation 1: Update 12

2021-09-17_03-16-42.jpg?raw=1
    Family Photo
    Post edited by TeeSea on
    June continued to study and stress about the semester ending
    09-12-21_1-43-49%25C2%25A0PM.png

Men continued to stare, including some visiting teens
    09-12-21_1-55-14%25C2%25A0PM.png

She worked on her presentation..
    09-12-21_1-56-04%25C2%25A0PM.png

But was interrupted by Eliza, who was telling some crazy story about bots
    09-12-21_1-57-23%25C2%25A0PM.png

Finally finished!
    09-12-21_1-59-27%25C2%25A0PM.png

There was a study party on the second floor
    09-12-21_2-00-16%25C2%25A0PM.png

June didn't quite make it...
    09-12-21_2-11-19%25C2%25A0PM.png
    @TeeSea Just noticed you had an update I hadn't commented on. I like the new blue color scheme for Hayley and Gillis. Given his ability to talk to fish, I think Marine Biologist is an ideal career for Gillis.

@carlimact In the first picture of June working on her presentation, it looks like she's painting her nails, instead.
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I'm absolutely favoritism this because it's something I want to do anyways because there is so much to the game that I have yet to explore.
    @all I will be in and out all week maybe longer because we are finally moving to our house. It’s going to take me a while to get settled down and back into a routine again. I will still be updating just not as much as usual. Have a good one!
    @jbadger12
    lol it does :D
    Another semester, another term paper
    09-19-21_1-02-22%25C2%25A0PM.png

It was Harvestfest so June went to the commons to get some tofurky dinner
    I don't think she trusted the cook though
    09-19-21_1-10-54%25C2%25A0PM.png

While there, she practiced her presentation with one of her classmates
    09-19-21_1-14-00%25C2%25A0PM.png

June was feeling typical finals feels
    09-19-21_1-36-34%25C2%25A0PM.png

She was able to send her term paper off with ease though
    09-19-21_1-48-09%25C2%25A0PM.png

June was grabbing dinner when J's baby mama showed up to yell at her
    It was all very random since she only ever hung out with J once
    09-19-21_1-53-13%25C2%25A0PM.png

June is me with the university glitches
    09-19-21_2-56-23%25C2%25A0PM.png

Last semester, June barely made it with her presentation so she started early this time
    09-19-21_3-13-31%25C2%25A0PM.png

"Ouch!"
    09-19-21_3-15-33%25C2%25A0PM.png

Well...
    09-19-21_3-49-34%25C2%25A0PM.png

June came here for a reason and that was to submit her term paper...so that's what we're gonna do
    09-19-21_3-50-15%25C2%25A0PM.png

You know when her aspiration told me to share her knowledge...I wasn't expecting this
    09-19-21_4-58-59%25C2%25A0PM.png
    @carlimact
    Nothing bothers me more than when random sims come up and chat with my sims especially when they are doing something like homework or painting.
    I wish the food cart in the student center had food 24hrs a day.
    Great Updates!

@jbadger12
    I like to color code everything. Since I'm doing generations, each generation gets it own color. Gillis and Hayley are blue because they are Merfolk.

@Shadami
    Thank you!