Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Makeovers?!

as much as we all love a townie looking like they live in a house with no mirrors && as much as we get attached to premades who've made it so far in the sims franchise (the pancakes, the goths, the pleasant sisters) - does anyone sit there (like me) for hours and hours making them fit a different time? or the aesthetic of their games?

post photos below o:)

so far i've made over the goths (made them very addams family) - the pancakes (the newest indie "baddie" couple on the block)
tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    No photos of your make-overs?
  • I'll see a townie walk by and be like "what's yer name, lad?" (or lass) "Right then, into CAS with ye, let's see if we can't make ye look a bit more like ye belong here."

You can read that in either a Scottish or a talk-like-a-pirate accent, incidentally, since I'll use both when talking to the screen when (as always) there's nobody here in the room but me playing.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    I'll see a townie walk by and be like "what's yer name, lad?" (or lass) "Right then, into CAS with ye, let's see if we can't make ye look a bit more like ye belong here."

You can read that in either a Scottish or a talk-like-a-pirate accent, incidentally, since I'll use both when talking to the screen when (as always) there's nobody here in the room but me playing.

definitely did both - with scottish heritage in my veins... it's easy enough to lean into.

i'm glad i am not the only one, i will be mid game/challenge and my sim takes a shining to someone and i'm just sat there like

- "no no, this won't do" *throws them in CAS and spends a shameful amount of time on them*

...to which i forget what i was doing in the first place :#

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited September 2021
    I'll see a townie walk by and be like "what's yer name, lad?" (or lass) "Right then, into CAS with ye, let's see if we can't make ye look a bit more like ye belong here."

I sort of read that in an Irish accent. Or is that the pirate one? I suppose it doesn’t matter.

I’d be like (very much Irish and alone in my room) “Right so lads, stop acting the maggot!! Ye either leg it or I’ll “maintain” ye with me MCCC” which I do anyway in case I’m so overwhelmed by their hideousness that I have to obliterate them before I get a chance to sympathize and spare the poor fe-ckers.

Back on topic: I only did a Goth make-over once.
    I prefer creating my own Sims and let the NPC's be.

Here's Bella Goth, although I call her H.e.-ll-s Bells.
    I dare you to look into her pretty eyes and tell me why I call her that? >:)

GOTH.gif
    edited September 2021
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 bella looks gawwwwwjus 😘👌 (chef's kiss)

my bella goth (you can see a snippet in my profile photo) is a proper..edgy "morticia".. [i will of course post photos when i have my laptop] - very sex-ual in touch with her feminine qualities. 👀👀

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I delete or age-up-and-out most pre-mades because I don't care anything about them anyway except for having seen them waaaay too many times to not cringe when I see them again. And again. And... a whole bunch more agains. As for randomly generated townies, I only bother to make them over if something about them catches my eye in the first place.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited September 2021
    Here are some of my makeovers of the premades, I don't go for a particular style I just remake them to what I think looks good.

Miko Ojo, Darling Walsh, Morgan Fyres, Kaori Nishidake, Kado and Jenna Akiyama,
    Z9oodpm.png

Thorne Bailey, Octavia Moon, Victor and Lily Feng, Geoffrey and Nancy Landgraab.
    yMgeiai.png
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    My, my! The Jade-Dragon is stunning! Lucky little Victor.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    I don't give townies or premades makeovers. They look fine to me and I don't even expect them to be perfect. Only if my Sim marries a townie or premade I usually give them more clothes and sometimes I change their hairstyle and/or make up if I get tired of watching the same styles, but I never ever give them any plastic surgery. I have no problem of them looking diverse and having their own unique features.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I tried this approach n TS3, once, when attempting to inhabit Roaring Heights as though it were the 1920s, which led to some fun discoveries as I did research into fashions of the period, such as learning that "Chuck Taylor" style high-top sneakers were invented around 1923.

But the task became prohibitively time-consuming, and in the end I opted to merely keep my own household in period attire.

When I get a wild hair to help improve fashions globally, I play a Trend Setter, so I can create a pair of default "fashionable" looks, and then stage on-the-spot interventions with townies whose fashion sense can only be interpreted as a silent cry for help.

Or, sometimes, I just use the career for mischief, like the week that the Hot Dog Costume was a thing.

wOKEww0.png
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I don't give my premades makeovers, because I tend to ignore them, unless my Sims interact with them and become good friends, or more. I only technically gave one Premade an actual makeover, but I fixed another premade Sim when she got married to my Sim. The two Sims were Liberty Lee, and Judith Ward. For Liberty, she was married my male sim, and had triplets. I liked the family, so I moved the family into my PS4, she got a makeover to make her different than the premade that would be in the same save file as her. I kept her hair color and eye color, but changed her hairstyle and gave her better clothes. For Judith Ward, I changed her hairstyle, and changed some of her clothes to make her look more like a Diva. She has her iconic outfit, but I changed her hair, and gave her a wardrobe from my luxury/glamour stuff packs to better fit her lifestyle.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I have a bunch of saves. And as a general rule, I don't makeover pre-mades unless they come around a lot or turn up everywhere my Sim goes. In the save I am currently playing, for example, Nina Caliente is the yoga instructor at my Sims' favourite Spa and one of my active households lives in Oasis Springs. So I gave Johnny Zest and the Caliente household a makeover.

Johnny Zest
    JtvEOJI.jpg

Katrina, Nina and Dina Caliente and Don Lothario
    f0KHr3G.jpg
    F3re65w.jpg
    LGj6W53.jpg
    UeSyUdZ.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
    @Netzspannung - i gave johnny a full blown re-vamp when my not so berry sim took a shining to him, i couldnt allow them to be together with him in his natural form.

(i will be on sims tonight and try to sort photos 👀)

i do love what you have done with Katrina, Nina and Dina Caliente and Don Lothario - i think he looks even more like a player now than he did before

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    I never give makeovers to townies or pre-mades. Some look decent and some are terrifying (townies), but as in real life, not everybody needs to have model look and perfect features so I leave them in peace. But when my sim is getting close to one, then I will help them a little in CAS. I tried not to change features too much just correct some weirdness like ridiculously large lips or lack of chin and they get wardrobe overhaul. But the main goal is to let them still resemble “themselves”.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I am more likely to replace them than make them over, but I did have to make over the Don Lothario and the Calientes.
    One day I will create a save where Bella disappears to Strangerville with no memory of her husband and children and play the game TS2 style.
    43%20Caliente%20Remake.png

I don't care for EA's revision of the Calientes.
    Nina and Dina's mother was N i g h a t Caliente, not Katrina, and their mother died when they were children.
    So Katrina is out of the picture and out of the game. I am also making them over
    Remake.png
    That household description is from The Sims 2 by the way.

And we are going old school with remakes of their old TS2 homes.
    TS4_x64%202018-08-04%2012-42-52-46.png

Don is here only temporarily, until I can build some relationships. ;)
    TS4_x64%202018-08-04%2011-41-51-11.png

Dina:
    Traits: Materialistic/Goofball/Slob
    Aspiration: Mansion Baron
    Career: Sticking with culinary for now.

Nina:
    Traits: Jealous/Self-assured/Neat
    Aspiration: Soulmate
    Career: Something with different hours from Dina (convenient for Don.)

Don:
    Traits: Romantic/Self-assured/Non-committal.
    Aspiration: Serial Romantic
    Career: Doctor (Similar to original TS2 career)
    TS4_x64%202018-08-04%2011-49-35-01.png

And now that Dina is away, Nina will play.
    TS4_x64%202018-08-04%2012-12-54-51.png

TS4_x64%202018-08-04%2012-21-43-12.png

TS4_x64%202018-08-04%2012-29-20-57.png

Nina is now established as Don's main squeeze.
    TS4_x64%202018-08-04%2012-22-31-89.png

Time for that bachelor pad, Don needs his own place.
    TS4_x64%202018-08-04%2013-22-30-78.png

Right next door.
    TS4_x64%202018-08-04%2013-30-33-36.png

Having down working as a doctor is kind of creepy, but yeah, he will be hitting on patients and staff.
    He's not some bulky, body-building, tattooed bro.
    TS4_x64%202018-08-04%2013-25-29-92_1.png

Dina was really hot. He's going to have to invite her over some time, when Nina is at work.
    TS4_x64%202018-08-04%2013-28-45-34.png
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    I have a bunch of saves. And as a general rule, I don't makeover pre-mades unless they come around a lot or turn up everywhere my Sim goes. In the save I am currently playing, for example, Nina Caliente is the yoga instructor at my Sims' favourite Spa and one of my active households lives in Oasis Springs. So I gave Johnny Zest and the Caliente household a makeover.

Johnny Zest
    JtvEOJI.jpg

Katrina, Nina and Dina Caliente and Don Lothario
    f0KHr3G.jpg
    F3re65w.jpg
    LGj6W53.jpg
    UeSyUdZ.jpg

the caliente girls looks adorable! They were so ugly before lol, and now they look like somebody actually tried to make them look good! (Which you did!)
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member

Johnny Zest
    JtvEOJI.jpg

Johnny is SO cute here! Love your makeover of him! o:)

Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,875 Member
    Lots..

this is one I found now, Moira Fyres had a small makeover, as she used to walk by a lot :)
    PDGhiDp.png
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    @Ellupelluellu - i love what you've done with her, i don't see her that often so it's nice to see what people do with the townies i don't tend to bump into

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • totasimstotasims Posts: 27 Member
    omg this thread is my fav xD i will be posting my makeovers soon too
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    No I don't do that since their appearance is quit iconic. I can tell from far that Bella Goth, Nancy landgraab or Bob Pancakes is moving around in the background. In the game I do play the Landgraabs I have changed Nancy's outfit since the one she is wearing is not a good representation of a tough business tycoon.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,875 Member
    @PastelMermaid , Thank you :)

Judith as teen
    GZ3mHgO.png
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I don't makeover pre-made sims and spend my energy making over randomly generated townies in horrible outfits and it's worse when you have cc. I will either go through my sim list and choose a random household to makeover or makeover a walk by while I'm playing. It is pretty tiring so I'm still in the process of making over townies... I wish there was an easier way to do it but some households are fun to do if I end up having a vision for the sim/sims.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • HazellyHazelly Posts: 38 Member
    > @PastelMermaid said:
    > as much as we all love a townie looking like they live in a house with no mirrors && as much as we get attached to premades who've made it so far in the sims franchise (the pancakes, the goths, the pleasant sisters) - does anyone sit there (like me) for hours and hours making them fit a different time? or the aesthetic of their games?
    >
    > post photos below o:)
    >
    > so far i've made over the goths (made them very addams family) - the pancakes (the newest indie "baddie" couple on the block)

After sims I got bored of remaking townies it's always fun to see what weird custom content gets placed on them especially the elder sims for some reason lol/
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited October 2021
    I don’t give premade Sims makeovers and only edit townies that are extremely fashion offensive. To me, the quirkiness of the townies is part of the game’s charm. But, I did get tired of the situation outfits in the Magic Realm, with everyone wearing the same Caster items. So, I changed the situation clothes to everyday wear, then edited any random that showed up. They all now look appropriately Spellcaster-y without all wearing the same CAS items.

And, really. Why does my game stick a hijab and swim fins on everyone?