Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't repair or upgrade bathtubs anyone else having same issue

What title says I can't repair or upgrade my bathtubs with hardiness skill, even tried putting the bathtub outside to make sure wasn't any routing issue blocking the way, also turned off all mods and is same thing. The Sim makes the motion at if they can't reach the object and the action is immediately cancelled out, anyone else experiencing the same never happened to me before. I Can't say for sure what it started since usually use showers most the time since they require less space, but since adding a bathtub again they been not working properly at least for me personally. Not sure if it's general thing or not right now I am forced to use cheat menu to repair, since I refuse to pay for repairs for something that's bugging out for me.

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I had that happen in my game too. A bathtub got broken on a spa lot and my sim couldn't fix it no matter what. Tried to move it to another location as I also thought that it must be some pathing issue, but no. I eventually replaced it with a new tub.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I've noticed that my sims can't do all the upgrades for the bathtubs as well & I only play vanilla. What's up with that?
  • lifeofdaydreamslifeofdaydreams Posts: 44 Member
    That has been happening to me, as well. Very annoying. I've tried turning moveobjects off, changing the location of the bathtub, but nothing seems to fix it.Not even placing it outside the house, surrounded by open space, can solve the issue. My sims keep saying they can't reach the tub either way. I've pretty much given up of putting bathtubs in my bathrooms since the last update. :'(
  • simsplayer86simsplayer86 Posts: 33 Member
    I'm having the exact same issue.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Yeah, I think there's a bug thread for that somewhere, if I'm remembering right. But, I think I tried to report it a quite a while ago, so I could be remembering wrong lol.

I can't even get a repair person to repair tubs, I just always have to replace them, and it's been going on for a while now. Vry annoying. It's one thing to to be able to upgrade, but not being able to repair--in a game where everything tends to break all the time--is just intolerable.
  • DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 292 Member
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    Yeah, I think there's a bug thread for that somewhere, if I'm remembering right. But, I think I tried to report it a quite a while ago, so I could be remembering wrong lol.

I can't even get a repair person to repair tubs, I just always have to replace them, and it's been going on for a while now. Vry annoying. It's one thing to to be able to upgrade, but not being able to repair--in a game where everything tends to break all the time--is just intolerable.
    I gave it a look but couldn't find out where you'd bug report it so thought maybe this was the place?
  • caconionscaconions Posts: 23 Member
    Happened to me as well. And also to James Turner in his Cottage Living LP iirc. It's very annoying and I hope it gets fixed soon.
    Caco (pronounced as 'cha-cho') | she/her | a cat lady that loves onions
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I'm following this. This issue seems to happen for certain bathtubs...
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Your doing a excellent job Beta Testers. Keep up the good work and someday a fix may appear as your reward.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Your doing a excellent job Beta Testers. Keep up the good work and someday a fix may appear as your reward.

I don't know how they managed to break the bathtubs, they didn't even add a new bathtub, let alone new code for them. You'd think if they didn't update it they wouldn't break it. :lol:
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    Ah, finally found this discussion!

Yes, I am having this issue too. Even with bath and shower combos.
  • MarkbMeehan1993MarkbMeehan1993 Posts: 2 New Member
    Having problems with this to On PlayStation 5 !!
  • MarkbMeehan1993MarkbMeehan1993 Posts: 2 New Member
    Recently installed spa day dlc to
    Was this ever fixed?
  • RochertRochert Posts: 168 Member
    edited September 2021
    I found that bath & shower combos can be upgraded. But they are still unable to be repaired.
    I hope this issue will be completely addressed soon. :(
    Learn as if you were to live forever. Live as if you were to die today.
    My Gallery
    edited September 2021
    Oh, no. Again. I tried to have my sim upgrade a bathtub (which is crafted by the sim) and failed. The sim was not able to find a path to the bathtub, same as before.
    This issue seems to be unsolved yet, but I wonder why upgrading sometimes succeed.
    Post edited by Rochert on
    My Gallery
  • Tayah88Tayah88 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Rochert said:
    > Oh, no. Again. I tried to have my sim upgrade a bathtub (which is crafted by the sim) and failed. The sim was not able to find a path to the bathtub, same as before.
    > This issue seems to be unsolved yet, but I wonder why upgrading sometimes succeed.

I find that I can't add the eco upgrades to all bathtubs or shower/tub combos. It doesn't matter whether I try to upgrade them with eco or regular parts, I can't install the two eco upgrades if there is a tub in the object (including hot tubs). Haven't had a repair situation with the bathtubs yet but from what I'm seeing I expect that a repair will fail with the same routing complaint I get every time I ask my sim to upgrade the tub.

There is a complaint thread on EA HQ if you want to add a me too.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-ECO-Sims-Can-t-Upgrade-Eco-Upgrades-on-Tubs-or-Tub-Shower/td-p/10526364
    edited September 2021
    @Tayah88 wrote:
    I find that I can't add the eco upgrades to all bathtubs or shower/tub combos. It doesn't matter whether I try to upgrade them with eco or regular parts, I can't install the two eco upgrades if there is a tub in the object (including hot tubs). Haven't had a repair situation with the bathtubs yet but from what I'm seeing I expect that a repair will fail with the same routing complaint I get every time I ask my sim to upgrade the tub.

You are right. Regular upgrades (Clean Coat, Self Cleaning, Sturdy Faucets) are OK, but eco-upgrades (Water Recycler, Add H20 Siphoner) cause the routing error.
    As for bath &shower combos, the "unable to repair" issue still remains. I'm afraid it will be same for the case of bathtubs.

I keep following this AHQ thread and I clicked "Me too" already.
    I really, really hope this problem is fixed because the "Water Recycler" is one of my favorite upgrade.
    My Gallery
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    What title says I can't repair or upgrade my bathtubs with hardiness skill, even tried putting the bathtub outside to make sure wasn't any routing issue blocking the way, also turned off all mods and is same thing. The Sim makes the motion at if they can't reach the object and the action is immediately cancelled out, anyone else experiencing the same never happened to me before. I Can't say for sure what it started since usually use showers most the time since they require less space, but since adding a bathtub again they been not working properly at least for me personally. Not sure if it's general thing or not right now I am forced to use cheat menu to repair, since I refuse to pay for repairs for something that's bugging out for me.
    Yes me too. The under the sea claw foot tub in particular.
    I am looking to fix my diy bath tub, i think from... Strangerville?
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    This is a bug. It's very annoying.
    So far I've been cheating to fix the tubs. Shift-Click and press Repair.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    It makes sense that this bug would arrive with a rework of Spa Day; remember they caused the non-functional bathtubs (as in you never got clean) when they extended spa functionality to all bathtubs with Island Living.

There is obviously something bad with the spa code.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
    edited September 2021
    It makes sense that this bug would arrive with a rework of Spa Day; remember they caused the non-functional bathtubs (as in you never got clean) when they extended spa functionality to all bathtubs with Island Living.

There is obviously something bad with the spa code.

I've been wondering when they added the spa functions to bathtubs for household.
    I'm OK if the dev. says these functions need to be removed from the bathtubs in the Buy mode to fix this issue.
    When I want to take a Mud Bath, I go to the Spa venue. :)
    My Gallery
  • FryerpFryerp Posts: 1 New Member
    > @bixters said:
    > This is a bug. It's very annoying.
    > So far I've been cheating to fix the tubs. Shift-Click and press Repair.
    Tried this just get the option to reset object. This is still a bug after the latest November updates. This dos not happen if you are running the legacy build .read some where that it’s to do with the get famous pack. How hard Is it for ea to fix the code.