Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which The Sims game did vacations the best?

Which The Sims game did vacations the best? 137 votes

The Sims Vacation
8%
icmnfrshIceyJCinebarKennziKaigeSorak4LatinaBunny83bienchenSarah26CatLady_Balloranetney52Lulu29simmerorigin 12 votes
The Sims 2 Bon Voyage
35%
canitbemanMistletoe143IcewolfAyradyssIsb917MamaSimTeeMarkooshSnuffyBucketCynnaluthienrisingbarracuda1574skybird14bixterss_stutlerNinja-Dan22annaliese39mariajane216M13VulpeculawaterywatermelonChadSims2 48 votes
The Sims 3 World Adventures
42%
CK213Stdlr9GalacticGalmrsr99tsolisamwittSimburiankiwicroneCaitxcatheiblumemaggiemae8135AnmirlaPaigeisin5alanmichael1goodcakebaker62Simberella777DarkLady2788mueller_liteCharlotteknhellohannah2lisasc360 58 votes
The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat
0%
LeGardePourpre 1 vote
The Sims 4 Jungle Adventure
4%
SusanaLeotesimgirl1010missleo1980comicsforlifemrs_starkeyTziva 6 votes
The Sims 4 Journey to Batuu
0%
The Sims 4 Snowy Escape + Related Base Game Patch Allowing Vacations
8%
g01denswantaydevAngelEb95KyreRoenOceancatRememberJoyfiggyPerti23SimSoonsunnycakesskipmollie1998 12 votes

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Sims 3 World Adventure was always the best.
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    The Sims Vacation
    It's a toss up between Vacation and World Adventures for me. Although I did like the fact that you came away with benefits and rewards from TS2 Bon Voyage. Such as feeling calm and relaxed for up to a week after.
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Sims 3 Island Paradise
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • MarkooshMarkoosh Posts: 108 Member
    The Sims 2 Bon Voyage
    Definitely Bon Voyage. I never forgot it... and I'm a forgetful person lol
    That said, World Adventures in TS3 was amazing. Wonder what that says about TS4 ones :smile:
  • e1scuee1scue Posts: 2 New Member
    Even though not being a the sims 2 expansion pack, the sims castaway stories will definitely remain superior to all adventure prone sims related content.
  • bookwormsimmer25bookwormsimmer25 Posts: 24 Member
    The Sims 2 Bon Voyage
    I voted for Bon Voyage, because it really felt like a vacation. World Adventures was fine, although it was a bit too adventurous for me.
    As much as I like TS4 I absolutely hate the vacation system in this game, and think it's absolutely the worst.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Vacations or Adventures?

My Sims never go on vacation. They do have many adventures though…😎

I haven’t played anything vacation/ adventure related before Sims 3 Island Paradise and World Adventures. Island Paradise is great because it let’s you own houseboats and have proper dive adventure quests. I did own a hotel once which I enjoyed at the time but it’s not really my thing.

I find World Adventures to be an excellent EP and it’s one of my favorites of whatever I own from the entire franchise. The sheer amount of available tomb quests is pretty amazeballs and I still haven’t done all of them, plus solving puzzles in this one actually makes me feel rather intelligent! Unfortunately I can’t say the same thing about any of the Sims 4 adventure packs. Way way too easy and sometimes a little too repetitive.
    That being said, I do really enjoy the Sims 4 adventure packs for different reasons and this is why I cannot vote here. The “other” option is not available.
    I can feel quite immersed in the beautiful Sims 4 destination worlds (Sims 3 cam user) and due to this I find it very easy to come up with new, adventurous narratives for my sims.

Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but I like that we get smaller adventure/ quest packs that focus on different themes and worlds. This includes Journey to Batuu, still one of my favorite Sims 4 packs and also Jungle Adventures, because I love the archeology skill and I find wandering around the jungle in the rain extremely enjoyable. Strangerville weirdness? Yup. Rock climbing in SE? Love it.

My preferred play style is outdoor adventure and mystery / quest focused which I believe is something a majority of (Twitter?) folks does not like in The Sims:

OMG Literally NOBODY asked for that !!!🤮”

To which I reply:

“That’s okay dear little Snowdrop, just eff off for once. The Sims doesn’t revolve around you.”😘

That’s right, I don’t do ‘Create 350 Baby Objects and Throw 560 Dinner Parties or Die’ - adventures. Sound challenging, but it ain’t my thing.

I can’t wait for all the adventure pack refreshes. And another Star Wars pack. 😇
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    The Sims 2 Bon Voyage
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 A lot of Simmers would also say that The Sims 3 Movie Stuff is far too themed for their liking, but I like it. I like the American Western/19th century-style stuff and the Horror stuff and the Superhero stuff. The stuff will work perfectly well with any Sim in the Film career, and I can definitely use them in normal gameplay. Maybe I want a Sim to enter the Law Enforcement career and become a superhero; then I'll make that Sim wear a superhero costume and buy a superhero automobile (if the Sim can afford it, of course). The Sims 3 Movie Stuff is the only stuff pack that I have purchased intentionally; the other stuff pack that I've purchased is the High-End Loft Stuff, but that one merely comes with the Sims 3 Starter Pack. I like some of the stuff that's converted from the Sims 2 and Sims 1, and the outfits are okay. All the other stuff packs are meh, and I didn't even bother with buying them. I also like the themed worlds from the Sims 3 Store.

For the Sims 4, I also own Strangerville, because I want to solve the Strangerville mystery and save the day, and I also want to re-use some of the stuff to make an apocalypse bunker. I also like the American Western-style outfits.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    The Sims 2 Bon Voyage
    TS2 Bon Voyage as there are real vacations in reasonably real places with a lot of things for sims to do if so inclined. While TS3 is good, it feels more like the Sims version of Tomb Raider than a vacation. While I greatly enjoy TS4's Jungle Adventure, I can't really call that a vacation as it's more of a series of expeditions in search of loot/artifacts. To me a vacation is a time for relaxation, refreshing, and learning about any places you go to outside of your usual haunts.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited September 2021
    @Kelvin Sims 3 Island Paradise, I love being able to run a resort.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    The Sims Vacation
    I was torn between Vacation and Bon Voyage. Vacation won out because I really enjoyed Vacation Island more, even if BV's destinations are also good

World Adventures is good on its own, but I wouldn't consider it a vacation. It's more like a quest, because there almost no relaxation activities in the destination worlds
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited September 2021
    I enjoyed playing World Adventures the most because it suits my travel style. I don't explore tombs or anything, but I don't waste my money to reach a faraway locale to spend all my time relaxing in a hotel. It was nice to have something that felt kind of like my ambitious travel goals and my less adventurous Sims did just relax. (Plus nothing beats vacation homes and taking special stuff like skills, harvestables, and recipes home in my book.)

This being said, I'm not against relaxing vacations, but I find it a very different set up process. If I want to sit around and do nothing I'd cruise or go to a resort or something. Or rent a small scale cabin.

I've pretty well enjoyed every vacation system but 4's. I greatly dislike how the vacation days mangle the actual vacation. I miss putting your money down for the trip and the world more or less freezing while you went away so you could focus on the fun. Or at least me ask for specific time off for planning a vacation, if I have to fight a career system.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    The Sims Vacation
    I loved The Sims Vacation. My Sims would go to all three places and either stay in a room and or tent whatever for a few days and travel on to a ski resort or the beach or back to camping etc. It had a lot more to do for tourists in all three areas of the map. It was like going on a world tour since it was easy to just keep playing on endless vacations. Though the motives were hard to maintain there was a lot in that EP.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    The Sims Vacation because it was awesome you could send postcard back home and that kids got in trouble if they ware to noisy in the hotels.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited September 2021
    The Sims 4 Snowy Escape + Related Base Game Patch Allowing Vacations
    As we move away from US-centricity in The Sims (and as more people opt to have their sims live elsewhere), Sims 4's vacation system (placing down a rental anywhere) allows for more customisability to one's idea of the world and its configuration. Not to mention that even within range of one's abode, one can set rentals to act as getaways and rendezvous spots.

The last step is just to make the current "destination worlds" livable, and only make themed worlds (like Batuu) vacation-only.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I love TS2 but I gotta say I always find myself pretty bored and don't know what to do on vacations. I even feel like TS4 vacations worlds offer more.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • skybird14skybird14 Posts: 90 Member
    The Sims 2 Bon Voyage
    I remember loving TS2's Bon Voyage so much whereas TS3's World Adventures was good but was more quest based if I remember rightly which didn't always suit the sims that I was playing.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I wouldve picked Into the Future EP considering Oasis Landing is a really great place to be a vacation destination or permanent stay.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    The Sims Vacation
    Sims 1 Vacation is underrated. While I'm a Sims 2 player, I find that I rarely take vacations since it's so disruptive to normal gameplay. I also love WA (especially the amount of content with the tombs) but it doesn't feel like vacation.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    I had trouble deciding between Bon Voyage and World Adventures. I probably should have gone with Bon Voyage, because I really do miss all the vacation options we had with that one. My Sims did take vacations in WA, where I ignored the adventures and just had them relaxing in their vacation homes, but it definitely wasn't as "vacation" friendly as Bon Voyage was. I voted for it because I weighed all the stuff that came with them and felt like WA had more to offer overall.

I really would love to have Sims 2 style vacations back though! Sims 4 went too far into the adventure aspects and as a consequence my Sims have only visited the vacation worlds two or three times since I bought them.

I never owned any expansions for Sims 1, I only had the base game, so I don't know what that one was like.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited October 2021
    The Sims 2 Bon Voyage
    I don't know its kind of like this vs that thing
    Vacation special points:

•Picnic and bear rug + the romantic interactions on them
    •fun text stuff
    • Accurate log cabin vibe
    • Volley Ball!
    •igloos
    •souvenirs
    •special npc

(to note this is ts1 so obviously just having the worlds with themed stuff was considered cool)

Bon Voyage special points:
    •cultural interactions like greetings, songs, tales,learning local dances(hula,slap dance and fire dance which all must be learnt separately from sim doing them).. basically more about exploring the culture and interacting wit locals
    • secret lots
    •bigfoot
    • souvenirs return and can yes only be bought at vacation destinations
    • new special npc that has more interaction than vacation ones
    •hammocks and sauna have arrived (i dont think ts1 had em)
    • new activity items such as:
    zen garden
    tea table
    pirate ship
    mahjong table
    log rolling
    axe throwing

+ searching for treasure
    + text adventures
    + specific npc fun
    +mementos that are basically vacation memories you gain from doing vacation things
    + i think ts2 hotels are the best

World Adventure special points:
    •Tombs have arrived
    Traps, Mummies, Treasure Chests, Digging, helpful camping gear
    • nectar making
    •snake charming
    •quests to gain visa points
    •some slight cultural stuff (i don't think its to same level with ts2 tbh)
    •martial arts
    •desert world with pyramids (ts1-2 have beach instead for sand)

Jungle adventure special points
    •Skeletons
    •Archeology is a skill of its own
    • Rumbasim (though sadly its a part of overall culture skill rather than skill of its own to learn)
    •speaking of which the culture skill that includes tales and makes exploring easier
    • new types of traps
    •bug related dangers
    •new culture to sims
    •is a jungle we didn't have jungle before

Snowy escape special points:
    •better snow sports than earlier games (though i do feel snowboarding is a choice because of different approach some may like to have item for it instead like in earlier games)
    •rock climbing
    •mountain excursion
    •hikes
    • festivals
    •hotpot
    •nature dangers
    +world can be used as normal non vacation world
    and then these are obvious minus points in terms of knowing all these packs exist
    TS4:
    - not all locations are in game and they come separately so its way more expensive to have it all
    - no hotels yet
    - no hammocks yet

Snowy escape:
    - missing the tea table and zen garden and martial arts and cultural dance and souvenirs and npcs and...
    - basically has no indoor activity beyond eating and looking at pretty furniture
    (unless you have more packs like spa day which yes go with it but again,separate pack)

jungle adventure:
    - again missing activities you could do without going to dangerous jungle but hey at least theres the culture skill and food
    - doesn't have tent cause thats again another pack and theres nowhere to snooze in the jungle unless you have the other pack
    - no fun npc here either tho i guess skeletons are kinda fun and probably were made in the spot of that
    - does worse at temple adventure aspect than world adventures tbh as the puzzles are not as complex and you only have like couple temples

World adventures
    - misses out on activities to do beyond tomb stuff like sure theres martial arts and nectar but what else its just collecting stuff which kinda ties with the tombs anyway so if you're looking for culture travel no errands just relax and fun its bit meh
    - worlds have real world names i don't like that :< id rather have made up worlds
    - can't recall any fun npc
    - cannot live in those worlds its only vacation
    - has no beach tho i kinda prefer desert as vacation cause beach theme has its own ep afterwards

Bon Voyage
    -worlds are only vacation yeah
    - missing the tomb element kinda like theres those treasure hunting places but like its all really similar tho
    - beach no longer includes volley ball :< even if i loved swimming in the sea and such which was all brand new vibe with ts2

Vacations
    -being first in series it really doesn't have any new fabulous things and its less about adventure and culture and more about just relax and vibe aspect
    -sims needs go too quick to really get to do much anyway <:D
    -it just feels weird to trash ts1 tbh cause like they didnt know of better so i forgive the faults too easily

sooo after typing all of this down... to sum up

I do think I must go with Bon Voyage cause its just like good mid spot to refer to

though i do think ts3 tombs, egypt and martial arts were super cool its just more adventure less vacation

and I also think ts4 worlds are pretty lit but its just really kinda lacking in activity culture side for me and i need more packs than 1 to really feel vacation in ts4
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    The Sims 2 Bon Voyage
    I picked Bon Voyage. That just felt like a proper vacation for Sims. I didn't really play any of the other packs. I love that you can collect actual vacation mementos, post cards, etc from this pack. This just gives me more reasons to enjoy features from this series I either have not played at all, or haven't played in a long time.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I've only played sims 4 so I don't think it makes sense for me to choose one. I think we are still missing hotels and resorts and that's my main reason for not having my sims go on vacations much. Idk, rentals just don't cut it for me. I think they are good since I wouldn't put a hotel in every world but idk I just really want hotels and think they would really add to the vacation experience.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited November 2021
    The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat
    I didn't really use the vacation until Granite Falls.

The fact I played to Life Is Strange 2 made me like more the mountain forest.

pn4eb0l7nnpz.jpg
  • IamJIamJ Posts: 44 Member
    The Sims 2 Bon Voyage
    This poll is flawed: voting for only one of the sims 4 locations, but sims 2 and 3 is all in one vote?

I still would have picked sims 2 due to the lack of hotels in sims 4, but if sims 4 had had hotels I would have picked it due to the variety in destinations and vacation types. You have the camping, Japanese-themed, and then with jungle adventures you also have the more adventure type of travel. Sims 2 has proper vacations, and they are really good.
    Sims 3 doesn’t have vacations. It has adventure travels. I’m very surprised at how many people actually like that pack considering people are always saying they like sims 3 so much because of all the family gameplay. How much family gameplay is it to go explore graves in Egypt? Going on a regular vacation _is_ pretty basic family gameplay though.