Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    You can resize objects in build mode by pressing "shift" + "[" or "shift" + "]"
  • AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    There are "secret" collections that don't appear in the collection list.
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    LynnPlayz1 wrote: »

Actually, shouldn't have to press 'shift' for that. Just [ and ]
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Admiral8Q wrote: »

Oh I see
    Geoffrey Landgraab has a mustache
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    KyreRoen wrote: »
    There's a second version of the 'Nanoo Nanoo Bassinet' in debug. When placed down, it spawns a baby that isn't a part of the household, but can be clicked on for the usual options (it cannot be interacted with, despite the options being there, as the attempting sim will drop the interaction and teleport away from in front of the bassinet).
    rOtRYKq.png
    Also, they updated the shift+click option on the bassinets to state that it starves the baby (I didn't test with other bassinets and babies, so I cannot confirm if it's just for the aforementioned). It used to just be an empty option with no text.
    XoJb8k3.png

:D 'Nanoo Nanoo Bassinet' :D Robin Williams was the best!

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,420 Member
    After playing with vampires again I discovered two nice details

- when the vampire is active there is a stinking smoke on garlic plants. When you select a non vampire in the same household, the smoke is not visible. It is the same as children who can only see their imagination while it is invisible to adult Sims.
    - vampires will use their dark form for any fight, even the base game fight every sim can do through the mean category.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

- when the vampire is active there is a stinking smoke on garlic plants. When you select a non vampire in the same household, the smoke is not visible. It is the same as children who can only see their imagination while it is invisible to adult Sims.
    - vampires will use their dark form for any fight, even the base game fight every sim can do through the mean category.

Additional fun fact:

Should a vampire fight with non-vampire sim (I think who must have vampire lore skill), the non-vampire sim might fight back with a garlic braid.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,420 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »

Additional fun fact:

Should a vampire fight with non-vampire sim (I think who must have vampire lore skill), the non-vampire sim might fight back with a garlic braid.

Cool. I had no idea that was possible
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Figured out how to smash bugs with a toilet.

My latest sim torture has been playing with all Lot Challenges selected and one that's been causing him lots of grief is Creepy Crawlies, which means that swarms of spiders and bats and bees (oh my!) will attack him. But if he's in middle of an action, like sleeping, the bug attack will sit in the queue and wait for him to finish (strangely considerate). I discovered I can initiate another action, like use a toilet, and that adding it to the queue causes the bug attack to cancel. It looks like the toilet icon smashed the bug icon in the queue. Was also able to cancel the bug-smashing action in the queue afterwards, so he thwarted the bug attack and didn't have to actually use the toilet.
    The cake is a lie
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Did you know if you set the table your sims will sit there to eat? And if you want a money tree farm, you don't have to buy more than one seed. When the tree is grown and ready to harvest. DON"T HARVEST IT! Instead put the tree in house inventory, the seeds will come off and appear in the house inventory along with the tree. Now put the seeds on the ground and have your sim plant them. Example: 1 tree becomes 5 trees', do it again with all the tree's as they're ready to harvest and before you know it you have a money tree farm with tons of money tree's. And the better the quality the more money you will get once you start selling the harvest.
    I watched some lets play's and in a couple they had a garden club to do all the work watering and weeding etc. But they would harvest everything. Simple solution, have your sim harvest everything before starting the club. work gets done and harvest is yours.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Behappy1st wrote: »
    I watched some lets play's and in a couple they had a garden club to do all the work watering and weeding etc. But they would harvest everything. Simple solution, have your sim harvest everything before starting the club. work gets done and harvest is yours.

Oooh! Do that with a money tree garden, and your Sim will never have to work a day in its life!
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »

Additional fun fact:

Cool. I had no idea that was possible

Seeing how many likes have I got, here's another fun fact about vampires.

You know that vampires can spar (friendly) and duel (mean). The difference is not only the relationship increase or decrease, but also in animations at the end. In both cases, the losing vampire is dropped down. When a spar ends, the winning vampire will float down, help the losing one up and shake hands. When a duel ends, the winning vampire will float longer while the losing vampire/sim has to get up on their own.
  • GwastenMicaGwastenMica Posts: 76 Member
    A toddler bed not only fits under an upper bunk bed, but there is no need to use MOO!
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    A toddler bed not only fits under an upper bunk bed, but there is no need to use MOO!

Same with dressers, desks, single beds and double beds.

I haven't tried love seats or living chairs yet.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    The Sims 4 keeps 5 backup saves of every save game. If you go onto "load game" there's an option called "Recover Save".

recover.png

If you click on this option, you then have the option to recover your game from any of your five most recent saves

recover2.png
  • barracuda1574barracuda1574 Posts: 115 Member
    edited September 2021
    I just found out yesterday that you can set five different outfits per catagory for a sim. How many years has it been? *facepalm*
    Post edited by barracuda1574 on
  • ElisetomElisetom Posts: 70 Member
    @barracuda1574 , I was today years old when I discovered the possibility of setting five different outfits per catagory for a sim thorugh your post... :D if you don't mind, can you tell me how it is done, please? Thank you very much!
  • barracuda1574barracuda1574 Posts: 115 Member
    @Elisetom When you are in CAS, each clothing category has a little ^ arrow above it. If you click on that, it opens up the tabs for the other five settings. Then just click each tab to set the additional outfits.
    I'm glad that I'm not the only one who didn't know. :)
    Onverser wrote: »
    The Sims 4 keeps 5 backup saves of every save game. If you go onto "load game" there's an option called "Recover Save".

recover.png

If you click on this option, you then have the option to recover your game from any of your five most recent saves

recover2.png

I'm so glad you put this out. I didn't know about that for the longest time. And now it's my go to when needed. I save often so I don't lose a lot of play.
  • FarmerJeiFarmerJei Posts: 55 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I just found out that you can pin a wish.
    What do u mean pin a wish?

i think they mean pin a "whim" if you go into setting you can choose the hvae whims back in your game so your sims will have "dreams" of doing something again
  • FarmerJeiFarmerJei Posts: 55 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    If you use the cheat bb.showhiddenobjects, you can see many objects that aren't usually available for your Sims to buy or make.
    I am curious... What kind of objects besides a pond and outdoor bathroom?

bb. showhiddenobjects and bb.showliveeditobjects literally gives you nearly every single item used within the game, like items used in tasks, like mxing bowls, makeup, hairdyers etc. live edit is like trees and other stuff that doesnt cost any money but your sims wont consider it an object and walk through them
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,643 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

I found that out last week by mistake after years of pressing shift first!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    You can teleport your pet if you put testingcheats on and shift click on them. I learned this by accident after my sim dog got stranded on the roof. (Don't ask, I still have NO idea LOL)
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top