Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you guys like it if EA brought back "extended family trees"?

FarmerJeiFarmerJei Posts: 55 Member
i really miss how detailed family trees were in past games and in a current save im trying t have "step parents" and "step siblings" but it just doesnt feel right when i look at a family tree, especially for NPCS who dont even have parent or sibling slots in theirs.. it just isnt realistic..

Would you guys like it if EA brought back "extended family trees"? 156 votes

Yes please, i dont like how "normal" all families are..
80%
auroraael14SimCrazyGoldmoldarbrackencat31IcewolfSamadamsPlayerBrd709alexspoom13sims2freak737AlexaiColorist40lisamwittGoodywoodVibseIsb917StrangerthanbabajayneEuroGirL87AnmirlaMariefoxprice83 125 votes
Im indifferent..
18%
GalacticGalSimmervilleCaitxcatsimgirl1010FlashMarkermitchiebanjoemereDragonAge_300905xMyrtheBabykittyjadeblueyblueskyOnverserEnkiSchmidtkappowanRedShoe7StrawberryYogurtxxxsillysimsCattyBetsyJasonschick80SeashoreLivia 29 votes
No.. that would be too much to keep up with..
1%
DoloresGreyMonaveil 2 votes

Comments

• VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Im indifferent..
    It wouldn't benefit me personally, as I'm not heavily into extended-family play. However, it might well require more resources to keep up with all the data for people who do like that sort of play. I... kinda doubt the game could handle that well, not in its current state, anyway.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    if they were made better I might actually look at them, they are just so lacking...
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Im indifferent..
    Family trees were important to me in TS2 and I was careful not to ruin them by deleting sims or something (I don't remember anymore what I did, but I managed to break a couple of family trees... :# ) and that's why I still avoid deleting sims if they are part of a family. Anyway, I have given up on family trees in TS4 because the game just forgets some deceased sims even existed and they disappear from the family trees, so there's no point in trying to maintain them. I hardly look at them anymore.
  • CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    Im indifferent..
    All i want is for step parents to be indicated in the relationship panel.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Im indifferent..
    It's not a priority for me as I only play single sims but sure if others want it I see no reason why not
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Im indifferent..
    Doesnt matter to me, i usually dont have such families anyway
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • FarmerJeiFarmerJei Posts: 55 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    It wouldn't benefit me personally, as I'm not heavily into extended-family play. However, it might well require more resources to keep up with all the data for people who do like that sort of play. I... kinda doubt the game could handle that well, not in its current state, anyway.

i just always wonder how it was possible within sims 2 and 3 yet they just completly scraped it in sims 4 :/
    Caitxcat wrote: »
    All i want is for step parents to be indicated in the relationship panel.

This is my main thing too, step families are a very real part of life and are even hinted at within the game just the relationships dont make sense as they are not "blood" related
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    if they were made better I might actually look at them, they are just so lacking...

This is what i am hoping for, i think they thought no one really cared as they would just "do it in their head" but i really enjoy having little stories in my games despite me hardly doing gameplay i just enjoy building new homes and dressing them accordingly to new lives but relationships just lack in general.. like i wish we could have settings for "Secret romances" instead of always having them be flirty in public, some couples dont want to do PDA, or "friends with benefits" instead of only being allowed romance or friendship. Idk, i was just thinking about it and wanted to know others opinions!
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I would love it.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    There's actually not a way to make my family tree at the moment. There's that one aunt who loves to remind people they're half-siblings when it suits her, even though one man raised all of them. Plum that.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited September 2021
    Im indifferent..
    I hardly ever look at the family tree. I don't usually even remember it exists, except in my 100 baby challenge when I want to check out who died.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited September 2021
    No.. that would be too much to keep up with..
    No, I don't believe they would make it actually better than The Plum Tree app. And on top of that the Plum Tree app doesn't cull your sims!
    I have about 18 generations so far currently and I can see them all (at once!) !
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • CangwenCangwen Posts: 220 Member
    I want to be able to have cousins living together without mods or cheats.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,121 Member
    I would love for In-Laws, Step-Families, Adopted Families, Half-Siblings, Great-Aunts/Uncles, Great-Grandparents &
    2nd Cousins.
    No, I don't believe they would make it actually better than The Plum Tree app. And on top of that the Plum Tree app doesn't cull your sims!
    I have about 18 generations so far currently and I can see them all (at once!) !

UHM.. WHAT??? theres a sims family tree app?????
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I would love for In-Laws, Step-Families, Adopted Families, Half-Siblings, Great-Aunts/Uncles, Great-Grandparents &
    2nd Cousins.

this is pretty much all i really want. Families are too "normal" the only thing you can do is change last names and just "fake" it but i just think theyve completly scraped lore in the game which is HUGEEE
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    2nd Cousins.

i also really like "adopting as care dependent" for older siblings or close family friends, that is pretty realistic as alot of kids grew up with our grandparents raising us.. i just think the actual relationships need to be fine tuned and interactions within relationships. LORE LORE LORE
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,465 Member
    Im indifferent..
    I'm too busy trying to find all of my RL ancestors to worry about my Sims' family trees. I only tend to play characters I've created myself, and I pretty much remember their family lines. I only glance at the trees to see if the Cantrell Patriarch is still alive …
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    Im indifferent..
    I don’t care that much as I don’t play with extended families. Usually I play single sim who finds partner and maybe they will have one or two kids, that’s all. Then I may decide to play the fav kid’s story and probably change him/her into vampire (if they are not already as I’m heavy occult player) so they can stay forever young and I don’t need to care about next gen. Or I just play with aging off. But I see many players wish to see that so hopefully for them it will come at some point. Although, as mentioned above, game performance may suffer and I would not like that.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,127 Member
    As a family player, I'm all for anything that expands the family tree. While they're at it, they could also extend the relationships in CAS. :)
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • barracuda1574barracuda1574 Posts: 115 Member
    I would definitely like an expanded family tree, but I'm happy that we at least have the family tree that we do have.
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    I wouldn't mind them adding great aunts and great uncles.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,937 Member
    edited September 2021
    "normal" part does not bother me and if it does i will make things abnormal by myself

but I would like to see everyone connected to family in family tree easily without clicking thousand sims cause what is the freaking point of family tree if it does not show all family connection

+ I would like it if game didn't remove dead sims from family tree cause that can be pretty dang confusing and dying doesnt exactly mean your grandma didn't exist
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    FarmerJei wrote: »

UHM.. WHAT??? theres a sims family tree app?????

It's here. The Plum Tree app