Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMS 4 CHALLENGE LIST (Updated May 24, 2021)

Comments

• book2simsbook2sims Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, I made an Extreme Cottage Living Challenge.
    Details here - https://book2sims.tumblr.com/post/658210141985980417/extreme-cottage-living-challenge
    Hope you like it! :)
  • gamerberrettgamerberrett Posts: 1 New Member
    I'd like to submit my challenge that I thought of that could be really fun! It's based off of Netflix's show, "YOU"!

The "YOU" challenge starring Penn Badgley I've made the sim to download under ID: gamerberrett

Joe from the show "YOU" plays a infatuation driven, psychotic killer who becomes sickly obsessed with women just at first glance and ends up murdering everyone who gets in his way of being the only person they need in their life.

In the challenge I thought it would be fun to take Joe and the first Sim he sees in the game, do just that. Woe her, date her, find out and kill everyone in her life that is not you, and then kill her once marrying her and killing everyone she knows! Move to the next town and do the same! 🤣

Everytime you move you have to change up your style a little, (remove beard/wear iconic baseball cap/change hair) the object would be to marry and kill as many sims as possible! But you can only stay married to the same sim for 3 days! 🤷‍♀️

Rules:
    1. Must go for the first Sim that Joe sees
    2. Kill all friends and family of that sim
    3. Make Sim fall for you
    4. Marry and kill your spouse within 3 days
    5. Move to new town and change appearance
    6. Kill and marry as many Sims as possible
  • PieceOfPrincessPieceOfPrincess Posts: 150 Member
    edited August 2021
    Hi wonderful people!

<3 I have launched a new version of the PAC(K)-MAN CHALLENGE <3

Challenge V21.2 Includes latest added packs:
    Snowy Escape;
    Journey to Batuu;
    Paranormal Stuff;
    Kits: Country Kitchen, Bust the Dust, Throwback fit, Courtyard Oasis

Happy Simming!

Play the "Pac(k)-man Challenge" Find it in my Google Doc or Copy it from the Forum!
    FIND THE LATEST RULES AND ROLLS FOR THE SIMS 4 RANDOM LEGACY IN THIS BLOG.
  • lousymarelousymare Posts: 12 New Member
    > @book2sims said:
    > Hi, I made an Extreme Cottage Living Challenge.
    > Details here - https://book2sims.tumblr.com/post/658210141985980417/extreme-cottage-living-challenge
    > Hope you like it! :)

I love the look of this challenge! ALL the bad lot traits OMG.

Quick question: it says to start with $0 but also that you must buy the off-the-grid laundry and care for an animal. Are we meant to start with an empty lot and $0 and buy these things as soon as we can afford them? Or do we start with $20,000, buy a pre-built lot or build a house and THEN cheat funds down to $0?
  • book2simsbook2sims Posts: 2 New Member
    > @lousymare said:
    > > @book2sims said:
    > > Hi, I made an Extreme Cottage Living Challenge.
    > > Details here - https://book2sims.tumblr.com/post/658210141985980417/extreme-cottage-living-challenge
    > > Hope you like it! :)
    >
    > I love the look of this challenge! ALL the bad lot traits OMG.
    >
    > Quick question: it says to start with $0 but also that you must buy the off-the-grid laundry and care for an animal. Are we meant to start with an empty lot and $0 and buy these things as soon as we can afford them? Or do we start with $20,000, buy a pre-built lot or build a house and THEN cheat funds down to $0?

Hi sorry for the late reply. My original intent is an empty lot with $0 for a more extreme version. Thanks for bringing that up; did not think of writing that. But honestly, if you want to start with a house then cheat the money down it's fine too. Both has pros and cons. Because if you start with an empty lot, you won't need to worry about gremlins breaking your appliances or if you are producing enough electricity to power your house. So whatever works to your style! :)
  • OrianasSimSOrianasSimS Posts: 17 Member
    Hello :) I've just added a new forum discussion with my new challenge for Rags to Riches - Live the Farm Life (adaptation for Cottage Living).
    Here's the forum link: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/992943/rags-to-riches-live-the-farm-life-adaptation-for-cottage-living#latest

And here's my blog post with all the rules: https://orianassimstudio.tumblr.com/post/659170860778815488/rags-to-riches-challenge-live-the-farm-life

Thank you! :)
  • ironladelironladel Posts: 5 New Member
    HI! made my first challenge based on the Monster High series :) you can find it on my Tumblr! (it's a google doc)

>https://ironladle.tumblr.com/post/660072806145507328/sims-4-monster-high-legacy
    >please leave suggestions for characters or any critiques about any of the generations, it would be very appreciated!!
  • Spiritloving16Spiritloving16 Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone have the Dark Victorian Legacy Challenge saved? The link doesn’t work anymore :(
  • caroncaron Posts: 1 New Member
    Loving this site can't wait to try a challenge, I did click on The Twilight Saga Challenge and it takes you to another page and then says url can not be found
  • AuroraBoreallisAuroraBoreallis Posts: 108 Member
    @Meeshelby

The following challenges are no longer ... Either the site is gone ... The page is gone ... The link is broken

Changing Things Up
    New Lives, Big Dreams Legacy Challenge

Disney Legacy Challenges
    Into Woods Legacy Challenge

Supernatural Legacy Challenges
    Dark Victorian Legacy Challenge

Relationship Based
    The Lothario Challenge

Other Story/Gameplay Challenges (Not Sorted)
    At Witt's End Challenge
    Community Spirit Challenge
    Living Life to the Max
    Shipwrecked
  • AntiquaAntiqua Posts: 106 Member
    Basic premise: You know the tales where all the previous generations had it worse then the youth of today... How they went to school every day uphill in a snow storm and then came home again uphill in a snow storm... But the youngsters, they have it all handed to them on a silver platter. well imagine smth like that but in the Sims - you start in total misery and hope to build a brighter, more comfortable future for the generations to come.
    I have not found another challenge exactly like this one, so I'd like to submit my "Ad Aspera Ad Astra" challenge. I've combined Every Lot Challenge with a Rags to Riches style Legacy and added the short life span and some basic but very restrictive rules to the mix.

Start with a single young adult - pick the traits or randomize them, however you choose.
    Buy an empty lot - your household will live there for the duration of the challenge.
    Enable all lot challenges, + haunted house residential + Cat Hangout, Dog Hangout and Vampire Nexus traits. Keep the worst weather options (both thunderstorms and blizzards). Enable Dust System if you have the Kit; Enable NPC Voting on Community boards; Eco Footprint Gameplay etc. Basicly - make sure life on the lot will be as hard as possible, using the packs you have.
    Now buy some essentials for the lot, so you can always sleep on the lot. There are two options:
    1) a park bench and outdoors trash can.
    2) build the smallest hut you can fit in the following items (1 of each): single bed, toilet, shower, refrigerator, kitchen counter, bathroom sink. 1 door, 1 window, outdoor trash can.
    Actually - you'll be sleeping almost always on the lot because you are not allowed to be absent from your lot for more then 1-2 nights per sim week. So make sure you have good time management and get your sim home by 9pm!
    Optional for added discomfort for your sim - place some laundry stuff (laundry basket, wash tub and clothesline).
    Then cheat the money to 0.
    Set sim lifespan to short and make sure auto age is on for all sims.
    Enjoy your struggles!

Other rules and restrictions to gameplay:
    The founder and heirs are not allowed to have a regular job/career. Other household member may have a job, but it has to be picked randomly (using a random number generator). Sims working in active careers have to be sent to work alone. Working from home is allowed.
    Also, all traits and aspirations should be assigned randomly.
    No Selling stuff to the void is allowed, including selling stuff from the household inventory, or paintings from the easel. Selling the build items (doors, windows) while building is fine (you can't avoid it and you're not making any profit on them anyway).
    You may sell stuff on Plopsy, to NPC-s via Selling tables, Cottage Living grocery and gardening shops, to the creature keeper, on the retail lot; and get rid of things in the household inventory using a home recycler. You can earn money also from tips for playing an instrument.
    No money trees. No Potion of Youth.
    You need to have a successful date and a double bed on the lot before moving in a partner; and a toddler bed and a potty before having a child. When adding household members- make sure they don't bring in any simoleons. Once you move someone out you can't move them back in.
    Ageing up is allowed only on the birthdays.
    You can remove 1 random lot challenge every time you: 1) age up the Heir to young adult; 2) finish an aspiration; 3) max a career; 4) finish a term in university with an A+. Simple Living has to be the last one you remove. You are allowed to add one good trait instead of removing one bad trait or challenge.
    Haunted house residential can be removed after a household member reaches level 5 in medium skill and finishes successfully a gig in Paranormal Investigator Freelance Career.
    You've won the challenge when you have aged up to young adult an heir who has no first hand experience of any of the struggles the founder had - so the kid was born and grew up on the lot having no initial lot challenges or traits remaining (excl weather conditions, dust system, Eco Lifestyle voting system etc - those you can keep if they're part of your usual gameplay).

Hope you like it. I've had a lot of fun (and plenty of struggles) going through it myself. Will be ageing up my 2nd heir in a few sim days if all goes well. Fingers crossed :fearful:
    How is the Haas family doing? Check out their struggles (and rules they have to follow) in this LP.
    And the Haas Family Tree, with some spoilers for the later chapters is made in the Plum Tree App.
  • MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    @AuroraBoreallis

Thank you! I will fix those ASAP
    Hey Antiqua I love the look of that challenge! I'm finding that I am having to make my challenges more and more difficult to keep it interesting. What do you think your challenge should be called? I've called it the Four Yorkshiremen Challenge in my game (google it! :-D )
    > @lousymare said:
    > Hey Antiqua I love the look of that challenge! I'm finding that I am having to make my challenges more and more difficult to keep it interesting. What do you think your challenge should be called? I've called it the Four Yorkshiremen Challenge in my game (google it! :-D )

Ha-ha, I love that Monty Python sketch :D
    I have not found a very good name for it. English is not my first language so it's really hard to come up with a good name that encompasses the idea and is simple and catchy. Agony to Ease? Fight for the Future Legacy? Diminish the Torment Legacy? Short Lived Struggles? ...
    I've called it for myself "Ad Aspera" based on the first half of Latin phrase ad aspera per astra meaning "through hardships to the stars". But it might leave the contents of the challenge too obscure.
    I guess I'm open for suggestions (the name you are using is an option to consider) ... and will give it a proper name after I've reached full member status here in the forums :wink:
    How is the Haas family doing? Check out their struggles (and rules they have to follow) in this LP.
    And the Haas Family Tree, with some spoilers for the later chapters is made in the Plum Tree App.
    Oh I missed that you had already named it Ad Aspera - that's better than 4 Yorkshiremen :D.

I'm really enjoying it so far, if that's the right word! I'm almost at the stage where I can remove the Haunted House lot trait. The neighbourhood somehow voted for Free Love, even though she's the only Sim living in Newcrest?! so that's really not helping! I have some great screenshots of my Sim trying to enjoy her breakfast while a three-headed cat sits on her seance table and a swarm of plasma bats attack her - when I'm able to share images I will share!
    I finally wrote up my first challenge - the Down and Out in San Myshuno Challenge!

It is a more extreme version of a Homeless and Rags to Riches challenge, focused on my favourite Sims 4 World.

I don't think I can post links yet but it is here: https://lousymare.wordpress.com/2021/09/10/sm-challenge/
  • MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    lousymare wrote: »
    I finally wrote up my first challenge - the Down and Out in San Myshuno Challenge!

It is a more extreme version of a Homeless and Rags to Riches challenge, focused on my favourite Sims 4 World.

I don't think I can post links yet but it is here: https://lousymare.wordpress.com/2021/09/10/sm-challenge/

Quoting you so the link will show up :smiley:
  • ironladelironladel Posts: 5 New Member
    HI! @Meeshelby made my first challenge based on the Monster High series :) you can find it on my Tumblr! (it's a google doc)

>https://ironladle.tumblr.com/post/660072806145507328/sims-4-monster-high-legacy
    >please leave suggestions for characters or any critiques about any of the generations, it would be very appreciated!! :*
  • JALJAL Posts: 999 Member
    Hi!

I just made a new Discover University-version of the Newcrest challenge. Newcrest challenge 3.0
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Ariel_DraculaAriel_Dracula Posts: 9 New Member
    I'm working on creating a BatFamily Legacy challenge. I want to make it possible with base game but having the packs will add challenge and story to the appropriate generations. As I don't have all the DLCs, is there anyone willing to help me out in creating the optional dlc rules for this challenge? I'll set up a topic for it and lay out the base game rules for each generation either today or tomorrow.
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited September 2021
    For some reason, @Meeshelby my competition blog has disappeared. There are a few people asking about some of my comps, please direct them to me in a PM and I will make sure they can access them, as I always keep a copy of all the comps I create. Quite disappointed with my blog disappearance as I have put a lot of work into that. I don't know why it went, there was no infringement, but I've sent them an email so hopefully, I may be able to get it back. I am transferring them to a Weebly blog so will let you know when I'm done.

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Antiqua - I adore playing challenges in general, but Rags to Riches style is my all time favorite way to play. I've tried playing it in a multitude of ways, looking for one that isn't so easy for my Sim to make simoleans. I'll even start my Sims out on an empty lot with other challenges, when possible. It's not that I enjoy torturing my Sims and keeping them miserable, I just like the challenge of helping them start from nothing and ultimately succeed in their little pixel lives. It's very satisfying! :)

Anyway, your challenge sounds like a lot of fun to me! Were you perhaps influenced by James Turner's recent LP on YT? Just curious because the part where lot traits can be removed if certain goals are reached is how he has been doing it with his All Lot Traits challenge. One question, to win you've stated the 'founder' must produce an heir to grow up on the lot without any of the negative lot traits in place. I would guess that means they would need to have worked to remove all those BEFORE they have children? How is that possible on a short lifespan? o.O Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your explanation?

Also, will you have a blog or a thread for others to share their tries at this challenge? I would like to try this challenge in the future after my own challenge is complete and share my results, but I don't think this thread is the appropriate place to do so. Plus, it would be a place to document your own initial try at the challenge. I'm sure others would love to read it if you are taking screenshots for it. I know I would. :)

As for the name of the challenge, I like the name 'Diminish the Torment Legacy' or perhaps it could be called 'Suffer for the Children' or 'Silver Platter Struggles' or 'Sacrifice to Silver Spoon' or I don't know. I'm sure you'll think of something clever and catchy. :)
    @Karababy52 - same here , I start often on an empty lot to make the game more challenging.
    I did get the initial spark from James Turner's All Lot Traits challenge (I'm a fan of his LP's for sure). Watching the first parts of his LP, my thought was - why not add some babies and toddlers to the mix, prolong the suffering and make it a Legacy :)

As for the winning, it does not have to be the founders baby that's born without any negative lot traits in place. It has to be one of the legal heirs in a row of legal heirs (whatever your succession rule is, be it any child or eldest, youngest or -for added challenge- matriarchal, patriarchal etc). The founder is allowed to have children from the get go (as soon as they have the required furniture). You'll play through as many generations needed, removing a challenge every time the next heir becomes an adult (and otherwise when the rules allow it). Depending on the number of lot packs you have and lot challenges you start with (and your efficiency at gameplay) it might take 15-16 generations to win (max to start with at the moment are 12 lot challenges for residentials + 3 lot traits + 1 for haunted house).
    Short life span makes it near impossible to get an A at school or max a career or an aspiration of any of the household members etc. So mostly you'll rely on producing heirs and making sure they stay alive, are not taken away by social services and will age up to young adults.

I've been thinking of starting a thread or a blog but have not gotten to it yet. I'll post the link when I get to it.
    Thank you for the great name suggestions and support!
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    Hi there, @Karababy52 how are things? I still have a copy of all my comps if anyone wants them. Just ask in my PM

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Hey @Jendowoz0612! Things are great, thanks for asking! How are things going for you! Oh I'm so happy to hear this, you know I love quite a few of your challenges, especially Shipwrecked! :) Sad to hear your blog disappeared, but glad you still have copies! Hope you're having a great day/night! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top