Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cheat to make plants ready to harvest?

Helloo yet again guys, lol. Sorry to keep springing all these questions on you, but I have one more. Why is it when I cheat a plant to be fully grown, it isn't harvestable? Is there a cheat to make a plant instantly ready to harvest? I keep hearing about this dirt pile bug, and I want to tackle the problem before I come across it, lol. Thanks so much for your help! :)

Comments

• VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Try Shift-click to see if the "Spawn Fruit (Debug)" interaction comes up. It should, providing that the plant hasn't been harvested too recently.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Thanks for the reply! No, that one has never come up for me. although, I think I've only tried it on vegetables. Is it not possible for veg?
    edited September 2021
    It's possible for fruit, veg, herbs, and flowers. The term "spawn fruit" really just means "spawn whatever harvestable this plant makes." :lol: But to the best of my knowledge it should come up if the plant is at the "Blossoming" stage, possibly also at just "Mature."

Edit: I just remembered that I do use Twisted Mexi's All Cheats mod, so I'm not actually sure if that particular debug cheat is still possible without it. It might be, though.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Oh I see. :D Yeah, no I have never seen that interaction. I'm not home right now, so I can't try it, but I am definitley going to have more of a play around with this when I get home. At least I know it's meant to be possible. Thanks!
    You're very welcome. Also, see the edit I added to my post above. Good luck! :)
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    You cannot instant harvest I do not believe unfortunately but you can ctl shift on a plant and click growth stage as blossoming which will mean next day it will be harvestable. At least that’s what I do when the dreaded dirt pile bug hits
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    edited September 2021
    I think you can't actually spawn fruit using the debug unless that particular plant is "in-season". So you can have a full mature pear tree in summer, but you won't get fruit until autumn or winter (I forget which).
    That particular cheat is a godsend for getting decent quality harvestables through evolution, which moves at a snail's pace otherwise. I should get my Sim to fish more but he's too busy.

I might be completely wrong, certainly try it out just in case I am.
    StuffyMarx wrote: »
    I think you can't actually spawn fruit using the debug unless that particular plant is "in-season". So you can have a full mature pear tree in summer, but you won't get fruit until autumn or winter (I forget which).
    That particular cheat is a godsend for getting decent quality harvestables through evolution, which moves at a snail's pace otherwise. I should get my Sim to fish more but he's too busy.

I might be completely wrong, certainly try it out just in case I am.

Oh, you're probably right. I don't play with Seasons, so I overlooked that possibility.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    I hope they fix this bug. It is the most game breaking bug I have had in my game and it has been around so long. Now when I play I am constantly saving, never knowing what is going to cause a plant to revert to a dirt pile, and send me back to start the game over., I have also noticed another problem now, some of my plants now are dark instead of green, that even happened to 3 new vegetables I planted, when they grew, they were very dark.