Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you been able to make an accurate simself?

Comments

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Sort of
    However, when I made my husband he came out great. To me.πŸ˜„
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Yes
    Our livestyles may be fairly different, but CAS-wise, my simself looks as much like me as you can get with TS4.

Several of my family members have been simified as well, most of them with the help of my sister, who barely even plays this game, but has an uncanny ability to make sims look like their real life counterparts.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    No
    Unfortunately no. I have a unique face due to my birth. There's nothing in the CAS that can come close.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Sort of
    I made one once as a part of a challenge. It was actually quite fun, but I didn't try veeery hard to make it as accurate as possible so I think there's resemblance, but it's not good enough. I'm not a simself player so I haven't tried again :smile:
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited September 2021
    I haven't tried
    I'm not interested of making myself as a Sim. I don't like combining real life and games and I'd be too boring to be a game character anyway. I wouldn't even know what to do as myself.
    Post edited by Kimmer on
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    No
    Kimmer wrote: Β»
    I wouldn't even know what to do as myself.

well also that. It would be pretty boring playing sim that plays sims all day :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Yes

YES!
    And this time 'round I got it spot on!

Happy to share:

This is the back of my Simself's head:

BACK-TIED-UP.jpg
    I spent a huge amount of time trying to get my butt right.
    It's quite difficult because it's sort of flat but not too flat.

BUTT-BACK.jpg

In this one it's much easier to notice:

Very accurate.

BUTT-TREEQUART.jpg

When I have my hair down it looks like this:

My hair is very pretty.

BACK-DOWN.jpg

Every male in my family owns a Hawaiian shirt. Except me. If I did I'd probably choose the dark green one. I think it would look nice on me.

SS-HAWAIIAN.jpg

On Hot Summer Days I wear flip flops like these:

I need to buy better ones because those kinda melt at your feet.

SS-FLIP-FLOPS.jpg

What I deem more important than my Simself is - in fact - my Inner Simself.
    It is an element that we tend to forget about yet it is extremely important that we're aware of what lives deep inside our Pixel Self.

This is my result:

Very accurate.

SS-INNER02.jpg

Just don't mess with my Inner Simself.

He gets ugly.

SS-NOMESSIN2.jpg

• manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,110 Member
    I haven't tried
    I haven't tried it. I have tried to make celebrities and i can't get them to look right, so I can't imagine it would go any better trying to make myself lol.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    No
    I tried it a couple of times for fun but Idk it never really looks like me, even in cartoony form....
    to me the height and body shape are the biggest problems, I am a rather small person and I like it plus my body shape seems impossible to recreate in the game, also my nose is kinda hard to do.

But it's fine, I dont wanna play myself anyway, I do that in real life already ;)
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    edited September 2021
    I haven't tried
    I haven't.

I was thinking the other day about making the faces of sims. It would be great if there was a tool you could use outside of the game that allowed you to take a front and profile shots of a person, then overlay them on a head model. You could push and pull the model's vertices to match the photos until you got a close approximation of that person. Then export it to the Sims and import it into CAS.
    I used to use this procedure (sort of) with Lightwave back in the early 2000's when I was making 3d models for various mods and things.
    Just my 2c worth.
  • CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    I haven't tried
    I haven't tried yet in Sims 4, my sims 3 one used to be my avatar on here many moons ago. Maybe I did try before in ts4 but if i did it was a long time ago.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Sort of
    My avatar is my Simself from Sims 2, from about 15 years ago. I tried to make myself in Sims 3 but was never happy. I haven't tried in Sims 4. I guess I got it out of my system, plus I'm older now and would probably like it even less. Lol.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Yes
    Yep, made my simself, and it looked pretty good, almost nailed it. Took another look and deleted my simself never to see the light of day. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,855 Member
    Sort of
    @StuffyMarx The 3D modeling/animation program Blender will do that for you. I know that a lot of cc creators make objects for Sims 4 in Blender. I have no idea if you can model sims that way.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Yes
    Used to only with cc, can't seem to create an accurate Arab look without it.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    No
    No, I can’t with the present options.

I make my favourite TV or film characters instead.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! πŸ˜Šβ˜•οΈπŸŒž
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited September 2021
    I haven't tried
    I haven't even tried in TS3 or TS4. I did have a simself in TS2 who I created because I wanted to test how well I could replicate my features. Failed miserably. Had no interest to actually play her but got some cheap laughs by just watching how she endured among all my 🐸🐸🐸🐸 sims.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited September 2021
    Yes
    Actually I had a spot on simself that was EXACT. And I spent a lot of time on it but ended up deleting it because it creeped me out. I put myself as a townie and everytime I saw myself it scared me hahahaha 🀣🀣🀣 uncanny valley.
    I had to use cc though because I couldn't find my hair. They don't have any really long hairs.

I don't know how people play themselves in game.
    Plus my gameplay has nothing to do with me so I just prefer to play with made up characters and made up lives.

I might make one again one day just as a fun project because I enjoy CAS but if I want to show what I look like I would rather use a real photo that just shows half my face. Like I do on twitter.

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Sort of
    Not in The Sims 4. The sims 3 though, now that's a different story.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    No
    I could not make myself for the life of me, but @lisabee2 managed to make a sim that looks a lot like me <3
    YPbToX4.jpg
  • PotbelijoPotbelijo Posts: 23 Member
    Sort of
    The avatar is sort of me. I don’t play my sim self or directly interact with her. I do like to have her floating around in the background as I play with my main families.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I haven't tried
    Nope. If I want to see myself all I have to do is look in a mirror. Playing myself in the game would feel kinda weird to me. :|
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    No
    YES!
    And this time 'round I got it spot on!

Happy to share:

This is the back of my Simself's head:

BACK-TIED-UP.jpg
    I spent a huge amount of time trying to get my butt right.
    It's quite difficult because it's sort of flat but not too flat.

BUTT-BACK.jpg

In this one it's much easier to notice:

Very accurate.

BUTT-TREEQUART.jpg

When I have my hair down it looks like this:

My hair is very pretty.

BACK-DOWN.jpg

Every male in my family owns a Hawaiian shirt. Except me. If I did I'd probably choose the dark green one. I think it would look nice on me.

SS-HAWAIIAN.jpg

On Hot Summer Days I wear flip flops like these:

I need to buy better ones because those kinda melt at your feet.

SS-FLIP-FLOPS.jpg

What I deem more important than my Simself is - in fact - my Inner Simself.
    It is an element that we tend to forget about yet it is extremely important that we're aware of what lives deep inside our Pixel Self.

This is my result:

Very accurate.

SS-INNER02.jpg

Just don't mess with my Inner Simself.

He gets ugly.

SS-NOMESSIN2.jpg

lol :D
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • CangwenCangwen Posts: 220 Member
    Sort of
    I have some features that aren't in cas yet. Also, I'm not very good at it.