Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas for The Sims 4's 12th Expansion Pack

Hello Simmers, I wanted to share what will be the theme for the possible 12th Expansion Pack of TS4. What will be the theme and Why?

Ideas for The Sims 4's 12th Expansion Pack 61 votes

Music Themed EP (featuring the Simified version of Ava Max and five of her songs re-recorded in Simlish)
9%
GoodywoodluthienrisingBariSaxysinnyonceCarl_Veluz1992Potterhead_Potato 6 votes
Generations Themed EP
49%
zagboorulesjcp011c2bixtersxx8lobo8xxpammiechicktexxx78YBNS2468DLatriceSheriSim57FreezerBunnyCowplantBriana2425FanPhoriaDianesimsRememberJoyBecka28KimmerAyKooChaoPurpleHeatherGingasnap27afternoonbaboon 30 votes
Other
36%
Isb917simgirl1010RebeccaThurstonMovottiEnkiSchmidtthatsnotswegBehappy1stPeralSERVERFRAghamrick75PatriceEliteGirlSimmingalSimmerz13temporalgodEternalSunshineVeeDubACruelButLovingGodfiggyGamer_34567544 22 votes
Undecided
4%
CK213CangwenSkyrryx 3 votes

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Generations Themed EP
    I need a reason to play ages besides YAs and actually consider allowing aging. I have always generally played without aging/long lifespans when the options are presented, but I have never felt a reason to allow gradual aging in 4 and this is the iteration I have done the least manual aging. I feel the game lacks in this aspect and would like it addressed.

I love supernatural packs and definitely want them, but my occult families would benefit from a Generations pack as much as any other family.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,935 Member
    edited September 2021
    Other
    I don't think next one is generations (i know i know it just seems unlikely) and as for music pack id rather its not too pop centered...

so I'll go with other as its probably odd ball one...

idk i just find all this "we listen to community" a little suspicious its like they know they are about to receive our wrath for something *adjust monocle*

then again maybe I'm just paranoid

if asking what i want it to be tho? romance pack.
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    edited September 2021
    Undecided
    I'm so undecided, because I want equally more occults (werewolfs, zombies), more family gameplay (with children, teens and elders) and singer/music band active career...
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    edited September 2021
    Generations Themed EP
    Generations. Hotels and moreOccults both feel like they would be GPs instead of EPs, so a generations pack would be the next biggest thing missing in the game, at least for me. And I'm not even much of a family player. But I know that family play has been somewhat lacking as a focus for new content, so it seems like it should get a turn again.

On the other hand, what I'd love to see is something with Amusement Parks or time travel to the past, so if it ended up being one of those two things (assuming they were not also Gps), then I wouldn't be unhappy. Also if they released a multiple occults pack, that could work for an EP instead of GP. Still, Generations just feels most needed at this point.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,113 Member
    Generations Themed EP
    I think Generations can be the next expansion pack, but I'm also want some hobbies
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    Other
    Fairies Expansion with many different types of Faes. Also a very big Pixie Hollow World.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Other
    We already have Parenthood, and someone mentioned that it was the Generations pack.

I'd rather see something new, like a game developer pack or industrial age.
  • Other
    The ESRB would never give it a T-for-Teen rating, but I would love an alcohol-themed pack. Beer, wine, whiskey, vodka, the whole works, with the ability to grow wheat and barley for the mash and use existing grape and potato crops in new ways.

What they probably could get away with would be bringing France back, adding nectar making as it was in Sims 3, new Frenchie fashions, a Bon Vivant aspiration...they've done England in a (great!) EP, time to cross the Channel.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited September 2021
    Generations Themed EP
    We already have Parenthood, and someone mentioned that it was the Generations pack.

I'd rather see something new, like a game developer pack or industrial age.

There was a guru (I think the specific guru was SimGuruNinja, but take this with a grain of salt since it has been a bit) tweet mentioning specifically that Parenthood was not a Generations pack. I don't have a Twitter account, but if you search any Generations thread debate I am sure you will find it linked there.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Other
    I'd certainly welcome a "Music Themed EP" (preferably not featuring the Simified version of any player's personal obsession).
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,935 Member
    edited September 2021
    Other
    VeeDub wrote: »
    I'd certainly welcome a "Music Themed EP" (preferably not featuring the Simified version of any player's personal obsession).

Dang it!
    I knew you wouldn't let me have Get Moshing :disappointed:

Then again I'm mostly curious how they would do that without hair physics

can't have dusty hair either

sad mosh of no hair
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Other
    Simmingal wrote: »
    VeeDub wrote: »

Dang it!
    I knew you wouldn't let me have Get Moshing :disappointed:

Then again I'm mostly curious how they would do that without hair physics

can't have dusty hair either

sad mosh of no hair

Haha, love that title!

Moshing would be awesome, though. They'd probably call it smoshing. :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Potterhead_PotatoPotterhead_Potato Posts: 4 New Member
    Music Themed EP (featuring the Simified version of Ava Max and five of her songs re-recorded in Simlish)
    I think it would be cool if you could start your own band in the game, and if there was more instruments like drums, bass guitar, electric guitar, trumpet etc.
  • ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    edited September 2021
    Other
    "Hotel / Resort" expansion.
    Given that 1) they put Rental properties in the game a while back. 2) they need more vacation / destination worlds. (okay, more blank worlds too to go with some of the existing home worlds and destination worlds honestly!!)

An "amusement park" expansion (though that seems more like a game pack in theory)
    The ESRB would never give it a T-for-Teen rating, but I would love an alcohol-themed pack. Beer, wine, whiskey, vodka, the whole works, with the ability to grow wheat and barley for the mash and use existing grape and potato crops in new ways.

personally, I would love to see something along this line and throw in Italian villas instead of France. Or even better... Greek islands.
    Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Generations Themed EP
    We need this pack for all ages to feel included.
  • figgyfiggy Posts: 179 Member
    Other
    For me it's a Music Themed EP, but I don't care at all for Ava Max. Just give us bands and more instruments and tie it to GF. That'd be my dream.
    simming since 2000┃origin: daFigg ┃radiohead-head, potterhead, doodie-head
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    I think it would be cool if you could start your own band in the game, and if there was more instruments like drums, bass guitar, electric guitar, trumpet etc.

Even if a Sim creates a pop and a rock band, Still there will be a simified version of Ava Max and five of her songs re-recorded in Simlish: Sweet But Psycho, So Am I, Kings & Queens, My Head & My Heart and Everytime I Cry.
  • bookwormsimmer25bookwormsimmer25 Posts: 24 Member
    I agree on the music careers, but they should've put that in Get Famous. It would be amazing if we could actively play a musician.
  • RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    Other
    I want a cruise ship. They could put in amusements for all ages. There would be different types of staterooms that can be customized. You could choose how long your cruise is for. It could feature live entertainment (which your sims could take part in). There would be libraries, arcades, theatres, and pools. They could put in wildlife like dolphins your sim could befriend. Many careers would be able to translate into a cruise ship job (such as bartending, entertaining, photography, athleticism, cooking, just to name a few. Or they could bring out a new career where you are the person that owns the cruise ship and you have to keep it running. They could introduce a new area to explore as a port of call where you can do various things such as sightseeing or learning a new hobby (it would really depend on what the location they chose would be).
    I think it could really work.
    Other
    figgy wrote: »
    For me it's a Music Themed EP, but I don't care at all for Ava Max. Just give us bands and more instruments and tie it to GF. That'd be my dream.

LOL at least you know who that is!! :)
    Other
    ghamrick75 wrote: »
    "Hotel / Resort" expansion.
    Given that 1) they put Rental properties in the game a while back. 2) they need more vacation / destination worlds. (okay, more blank worlds too to go with some of the existing home worlds and destination worlds honestly!!)

An "amusement park" expansion (though that seems more like a game pack in theory)

personally, I would love to see something along this line and throw in Italian villas instead of France. Or even better... Greek islands.

I love the idea of a Greece theme pack - of any kind!
  • Simmerz13Simmerz13 Posts: 3 New Member
    Other
    Sims 4 needs to add
    1. New voices and voice tones, especially to the females
    2. Overhaul the CAS to allow you to copy makeup from one clothing category to the next
    3. Expanding the sims whims to allow more personality development.

I know and realize they are saving these ideas for the Sims 5; but it would boost the Sims 4 much better.
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,614 Member
    edited September 2021
    Why did they remove comments?

I said: I just want music band with lead singers.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • MrEMeat73MrEMeat73 Posts: 1 New Member
    Other
    I think that while I would love a music themed expansion with drums and other assorted instruments along with the ability to start a band and play in a battle of the bands type scenario, and we do have a Star Wars themed pack that has some futuristic things, but I do want a futuristic themed expansion with robots and the capability to have cybernetic parts or something. Or go in the other direction and do steampunk expansion, there are so many parts that could be used here for a good theme.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Other
    A music themed pack
    Battle of the Bands

Rock orientated, but with some variety in the artists, because pop is boring.
    Foo Fighters
    Twin Tribes
    The Hu
    AC/DC
    Gvllow
    Lord of the Lost
    Skynd
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif