Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,767 Member
    they/them or she/her
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    @SimTresa I think it may also depend on whether they are in the same household or not. Theseus, Athena and Sophia all live together, whilst Persephone doesn’t live with them. So Persephone is essentially a stranger to them. Toddlers apparently can’t interact with toddlers who are strangers. I don’t know why! I even cheated Persephone’s Communication skill to level 3 but that had no impact.

when i got toddler stuff or whatever its called i took all the toddlers their, well it worked well. they all met i think its like older aims they have to interact. it was going great then for some reason gracelyn ran home. i think she was alecs daughter. so it was my first toddler park my first playdate and my dirst time yelling at a toddler. she scared me. lol. you can also have sleepovers with toddlers by using move household . i did that before too. no more than 3 though or parents get overwhelmed. 3 counts the household
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    @SimTresa I think it may also depend on whether they are in the same household or not. Theseus, Athena and Sophia all live together, whilst Persephone doesn’t live with them. So Persephone is essentially a stranger to them. Toddlers apparently can’t interact with toddlers who are strangers. I don’t know why! I even cheated Persephone’s Communication skill to level 3 but that had no impact.

I think it is trait related, the clingy ones that get sad if a stranger is nearby are less likely to interact with a stranger. But Charming toddlers will talk to anyone, for example. The two in the screenshot I shared - Hecate and Natasha - didn't live int he same household. I've had a charming toddler try to hug her clingy cousin only to get pushed away during a playdate. Different household from the one I shared.
    image.png
    Got two more short chapters of Evergreen Harbor Chronicles to mostly wrap up Jeb's Uni term.

1.22 Home Stretch
    .1.23 Almost a Graduate
    image.png
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    @friendsfan367
    So sorry you lost one of your toddlers in the fire. :(

The newest post for my legacy: A Proposal at Dusk.
    Also, the general introduction and my first post.

What kind of content (besides the actual chapter/story posts) does everyone like to put or see on blogs? Family trees, builds?
    haneul wrote: »
    @friendsfan367

What kind of content (besides the actual chapter/story posts) does everyone like to put or see on blogs? Family trees, builds?

why would you propose at dusk? you can still see but its getting dark? sorry this is weekend me playful but tired . i work all weekend.. :)

also thanks for your coment on my story cathtea and i were suprised too.
    @friendsfan367

why would you propose at dusk? you can still see but its getting dark? sorry this is weekend me playful but tired . i work all weekend.. :)

@friendsfan367 Why not propose at dusk? :) It might not be sunset, but it's still a romantic time. Also, two of my sims are named Dawn and Dysis (which means sunset) - the theme had to be continued with dusk (even though I don't have a sim named Dusk :D). Anyway, I hope you got to rest a bit this weekend.

• Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,548 Member
    The stars will be appearing as well and they could make a wish on the first star they see.
    edited September 2021
    The stars will be appearing as well and they could make a wish on the first star they see.
    Yes, Star was the mother's name as a star, the sun in our case, gives rise to dawn, sunset (Dysis), dusk and everything else. :D The mother was a townie, so the game itself must be credited for her name.

@friendsfan367

@friendsfan367 Why not propose at dusk? :) It might not be sunset, but it's still a romantic time. Also, two of my sims are named Dawn and Dysis (which means sunset) - the theme had to be continued with dusk (even though I don't have a sim named Dusk :D). Anyway, I hope you got to rest a bit this weekend.

well i slept til 10 so i guess i did. i love your theme like i said work makes me playful. so i come here when its done for the week pick someone and playfully comment on what i read.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    Kai's face after WooHooing with Keiko for the first time :D:D

XdQbs2k.jpg
    The Matsumoto girls finished their second term! Just one term left and then they're back to Sulani and the rest of their lives...

Sulani at Heart, Chapter Six: Second Term

fGUZhF9.jpg
    Kai's face after WooHooing with Keiko for the first time :D:D

XdQbs2k.jpg

"I'm the man!"

Ah, joy...with the addition of fingernails and toenails I now have to apply them to every single female character (and a few male ones) in Sim 66 world...that's about 150 different Sims. New chapters may have to be delayed... ;)
    i'm spending the rest of the day with the benders. i asked a simple question in the mods and i did get the answer but i had explained that my email changed when i got the tablet. another person felt the need to say i only need one email.
    I have a lot of material as I played a lot yesterday. I may have to switch to third-person narration once Keiko has ‘narrated’ the third term of university.
    Anyway… I’m now onto generation 4 of this save, as in the great-grandchildren of the original couple I created. I’ve never got this far before. Arisa has twins, and Sakura has her own triplets :D Keiko is in her third trimester, just with one baby. The twins and the triplets were born on the same day, just a couple of hours apart.

Whenever I pick a name “theme”, I always end up preferring more girl names than boy ones. Currently there are four girls and one boy (the boy is one of the triplets), although Keiko is having a boy and I will have Keiko have another son at some point (I use MC Pregnancy to adjust numbers and genders), so that will be evened out somewhat. Similar situation with the Masterson save, I’ve got nine members of generation 3 planned, with a total of five girls and four boys.

OK, now I’m just rambling. That’s about as much “planning” as I do really, coming up with the baby names (as well as coming up with what outfits they’ll wear…)
    I have a lot of material as I played a lot yesterday. I may have to switch to third-person narration once Keiko has ‘narrated’ the third term of university.
    Anyway… I’m now onto generation 4 of this save, as in the great-grandchildren of the original couple I created. I’ve never got this far before. Arisa has twins, and Sakura has her own triplets :D Keiko is in her third trimester, just with one baby. The twins and the triplets were born on the same day, just a couple of hours apart.

Whenever I pick a name “theme”, I always end up preferring more girl names than boy ones. Currently there are four girls and one boy (the boy is one of the triplets), although Keiko is having a boy and I will have Keiko have another son at some point (I use MC Pregnancy to adjust numbers and genders), so that will be evened out somewhat. Similar situation with the Masterson save, I’ve got nine members of generation 3 planned, with a total of five girls and four boys.

OK, now I’m just rambling. That’s about as much “planning” as I do really, coming up with the baby names (as well as coming up with what outfits they’ll wear…)

yeah i know what yooue talking about. lol a while ago well about a month or 2 i think someone was talking about second person narration . and since it was part of a pm group cathtea and i are both in and she teaches english comp. i said since you know what it means i will not look it tell me what it means and she did. look it up is what she says to me. sometimes. my response is usually how can i look it up if i can't spell it. thats happened before too.
    :)
    Got two more chapters up for Evergreen Harbor Chronicles, in which a baby is born and a rift begins to be closed.

1.26 It's Time
    1.27 The Grandparents
    image.png
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,767 Member
    New chapter up of the trilogy:
    . Chapter 10 Those Left Behind, Part I
    they/them or she/her
    That moment when your sims discover the hidden Willow Creek grotto...in this case, they find out a whole lot more. Chapter 125: Return To The Grotto

https://kelloggjkellogg.blogspot.com/2021/09/chapter-125-return-to-glade.html

qwP498B.png
    edited September 2021
    Introducing Saoirse and Aisling O'Reilly! Saoirse is in red and Aisling is in green. Saoirse is pronounced "ser-sha" and Aisling is "ash-ling".

xZZEICU.jpg
    IMuDTeY.jpg

The genetics have been interesting. When they were babies, their portraits were very dark-skinned which was the same when Arisa, Keiko and Sakura were the same age. As you can tell now, though, they're not that dark-skinned as toddlers. Saoirse looks more like Arisa and Aisling looks more like Declan, I think. Both inherited Declan's hair colour.

And then we also have Daniel, Astrid and Ingrid Bachmann! Daniel is in blue, Astrid in pink and Ingrid in green. What's not clear from these screenshots is that the Bachmann triplets have freckles, as does Felix. Daniel and Astrid have more intense freckles than Ingrid does. I do love the hairstyle Astrid has - I was so happy to find accessory overlays so that bows can match the outfits (as seen with Saoirse and Aisling). It's the same hairstyle Anne had as a toddler, and then Sakura also had it!

0eCgkvi.jpg
    iTqhrju.jpg
    ZBrxW9A.jpg

Keiko also gave birth to a little boy, Kazuo! Same hair colour and skin tone as his dad.

ZpoSscD.jpg

I had Arisa and Sakura take their husband's surnames, and Kai and Keiko decided to combine theirs. They are now the Matsuyama family.
    Introducing Saoirse and Aisling O'Reilly! Saoirse is in red and Aisling is in green. Saoirse is pronounced "ser-sha" and Aisling is "ash-ling".

xZZEICU.jpg
    IMuDTeY.jpg

The genetics have been interesting. When they were babies, their portraits were very dark-skinned which was the same when Arisa, Keiko and Sakura were the same age. As you can tell now, though, they're not that dark-skinned as toddlers. Saoirse looks more like Arisa and Aisling looks more like Declan, I think. Both inherited Declan's hair colour.

And then we also have Daniel, Astrid and Ingrid Bachmann! Daniel is in blue, Astrid in pink and Ingrid in green. What's not clear from these screenshots is that the Bachmann triplets have freckles, as does Felix. Daniel and Astrid have more intense freckles than Ingrid does. I do love the hairstyle Astrid has - I was so happy to find accessory overlays so that bows can match the outfits (as seen with Saoirse and Aisling). It's the same hairstyle Anne had as a toddler, and then Sakura also had it!

0eCgkvi.jpg
    iTqhrju.jpg
    ZBrxW9A.jpg

Keiko also gave birth to a little boy, Kazuo! Same hair colour and skin tone as his dad.

ZpoSscD.jpg

I had Arisa and Sakura take their husband's surnames, and Kai and Keiko decided to combine theirs. They are now the Matsuyama family.

cute i had no births an 2 kids died, going back a little to get at last 1 back.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    I'm watching WandVison and I'm looking at episode 3 of it. And I'm just wondering "did WandaVison borrow Sims' series pregnancy time?"
    6adMCGP.gif
    Yet antoher chapter, in which Doroteia ages up to toddler.
    1.28 A Toddler
    image.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top